PDA

View Full Version : Will there be significant updates to the Toolset?

Linque
07-04-2006, 11:03 AM
This is what I would like to know about the patches.

If there is going to be updates as I suspect, what things have you planned? Knowing this would make it a lot easier to know what to suggest / ask for if we run into something that's missing and would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Linque

nvrsbr
07-04-2006, 11:33 AM
More Detailed Guides would be awesome !!! :rockon:

DaveyJJ
07-04-2006, 12:32 PM
As I understand it there is some work being done on the Editor suite to fix several things.

Linque
07-04-2006, 12:49 PM
As I understand it there is some work being done on the Editor suite to fix several things.

Exactly. Could you please be a bit more vague? ;)

One feature I would definitely want in would be sharing the Terrain Textures with level blocks. It is too hard to dig up the same texture each and every time when you want to use it in another area. At least an easy "export texture to level X" button or right-click option.

Hairwolf
07-04-2006, 02:32 PM
yup something like that would be great its a bit tedious at the moment, also is there or will there be an easier way of aligning two levels together?

wait just saw a post regarding this..apologies.

Jinx
07-05-2006, 02:02 AM
the pallete failed to work for me, i added the player spawn and it placed trees the next time i used. Also removing layers of grass etc never got anywhere, just sat at 20% cpu usagefor ages.

Sheezwack
07-05-2006, 09:41 PM
I can live with the editor as is, at least the functionality is there. All i want is better triggers and more variation (like timers!)

Sven
07-05-2006, 10:44 PM
^ The editor is very buggy and unstable. Certain legitament functions even crash the thing, or make it stop working. :\