PDA

View Full Version : The bat

Mr. Scetch
04-04-2008, 07:04 AM
The bat is a pretty powerful pet, but I have 1 serious issue with it.

It's far too tame. It should be much more aggressive. The bat can nearly take as much damage as your character if you take Vampirism as first mastery. :o

Imo the bat should be more aggressive so that it auto engages the enemies, rather than hanging around and attacking once all monsters are on you. :/

ward_rb
04-04-2008, 10:34 AM
have you tried setting them to aggressive mode?

even then, enemies notice me before my bats notice them, but theyre not as bad as your post seems to suggest.

Mr. Scetch
04-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Of course, I'm not dumb. ;)

Still, the bat isn't aggressive enough.

ward_rb
04-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Of course, I'm not dumb. ;)

hehe, good to know. but this is the internet after all, you cant just assume people understand the basics. :p

Mr. Scetch
04-04-2008, 01:03 PM
lol

Well, that's why there should be a complicated registration form so that only people with at least half a brain can register. :D

RonF
04-05-2008, 11:38 PM
I've chose Vampirism as a second mastery, and my bat is way too aggressive, even when I've set it to defensive.

But the Automiton is totally non-aggressive under my main mastery (Construction), even when set to aggressive it just stands there and rarely engages the enemies.

PinkFrog
04-06-2008, 08:23 AM
The pet-behaviour of the bat has been improved in the upcoming version. It will now behave significantly different according to the stance.

Concerning just standing automaton: hm... it probably is a glitch or something. Normally they attack pretty openheartedly. Not like wolves on aggressive stance but still not idling while the battle is going on. I will test them throuroughly once again ;)

RonF
04-06-2008, 11:12 AM
I think the Automaton works better with a melee character than a magic (which I am playing) because you need to be close enough to the enemies before the Automaton will engage them. When attacking from a distance with a ranged weapon the Automaton doesn't seem to be triggered to attack, even when it's set to be aggressive.

Perhaps if when set to aggressive it would be good if the trigger area was increased so ranged weapon attacks would start his attacks also (if that is even possible).

PinkFrog
04-06-2008, 12:22 PM
You know that you can send pets to the front manually? Press "ctrl" and the pet-icon or the pet itself and then on the ground or enemy where you want your pet to be.

serinn
04-06-2008, 07:07 PM
also note that if you hit f1 it will select all your pets and then you will be able to tell them where to go or what to attack. i find it easier for me to do it that way

The Rock-man
04-07-2008, 07:17 AM
also note that if you hit f1 it will select all your pets and then you will be able to tell them where to go or what to attack. i find it easier for me to do it that way

If you beast master you dont want to send all as that means your pal patines (SP?) will be in middle of the mobs and will die fast once turtle drops. Also the HK for all pets is F6 or F7 i think by default, with F1 or 2 being first pet etc.

serinn
04-07-2008, 06:32 PM
good point. i forgot about the pal patine. and i think your right about the hot key. i dont know anymore because i just set mine to control

Exarsere
04-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Its F7, and don't forget the Isao. Also, now that there are so many pets out there, F7 only selects the first 5 in the list. That needs to be fixed. But for now, if the Isao and Patine aren't in the first 5, you can still use F7, send the first 5 in and they still hang back

Mr. Scetch
04-14-2008, 02:50 PM
The bat level 1 loses to a level 7 crow...

Ok wtf?

The Rock-man
04-15-2008, 06:04 AM
The bat level 1 loses to a level 7 crow...

Ok wtf?

Really what about a lvl 2 bat then?
What % of the crow health was left at death of bat?

Mr. Scetch
04-15-2008, 08:04 AM
The crow as still half alive.

The problemis that the bad doesn't use its uber effective spell when engaged in ''melee''. If it'd use that spell when engaged, then it would be no problem.

I don't really think that a level 2 bat would help a lot more, seeing how little the HP increase is.

PinkFrog
04-15-2008, 05:39 PM
The bat is not a tank pet. And doesn't need to be, either. Use it as supportive pet to get the most out of it. What i mean with this is that you draw the aggro and the bat helps finishing the mobs off.

SilentHawk
04-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Instead of a bat, I wonder how hard it would be to create a "Mist" pet? It would be like a foggy cloud thing that follows you around. It would have like 50% to dodge and avoid projectiles but do low damage.

PinkFrog
04-15-2008, 07:54 PM
well, technically it would be possible :)

RonF
04-15-2008, 11:31 PM
At level 5 the bat works fine as a decoy and backup attack. I also use a Level 5 Automaton from Construction to tank and basically I run behind it while the bat picks at their back and distracts them while I blast them with my staff and other ranged/magic spells.

dazcox
11-30-2008, 11:21 AM
The higher level bat is pretty decent.

Have you noticed that once in a while instead of a red vampire bat you get a black bat called "bat man" haha! does anyone know if his stats are different?

:clap: