PDA

View Full Version : auras line from spirit

kipue
07-04-2006, 03:06 AM
heya there :)
I have a question, for wich I didn t see answer... do the auras from the line starting at death chill stack? or do I have to chose wich one I want to use at a time? If so, wich one do u think is good? I didn t really feel the maxed out effect from death chill... and beeing mainly warfare, I m not sure if it is worth it.
I could try it out by myself, but I m at work atm, thinking about that :)
thanks for your kind answers.
kipue

Galamere
07-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Yep, they stack, indeed all skills that have the lines drawn to one-another are inclusive. For example, When using the Defender mastery the Battle Awareness aura will gain bonuses from Focus (increasing the abalities of shields for all party members in the form of blocking chance and blocking recovery) and Iron Will (increasing resistances for all involved) Now the tradeoff for these further enhancements is usualy greater MP reserve and/or more MP per second. In my mind it us usually worth the extra cost however.

Now normal attacks have this as well, like the Warrior's Onslaught and Hunter's Marksman, gaining bonuses as well at a greater MP cost as well, and most enjoy them because they are more up front about the effects. Passive skills do this as well With Warrior's Dual Weild and Defender's Adrenaline.

hope that helps a bit.

omikron
07-04-2006, 04:09 AM
I'm a spellbreaker (war/spirit) and I find the only useful aura to be Deathchill, but to each his own.

kipue
07-04-2006, 04:16 AM
thanks galamere :)
and omikron, did u invest points in the liche king? I ve been focusing on the warfare tree ( will have it as I like in 2 levels or so), and will then take more care of the spirit tree... I ve put 5 points up to now in the liche king (I m at the end of china in normal), and the guy deals damage, alright, but dies extremely fast... did u try him out with more points?
thanks ;)

Galamere
07-04-2006, 05:45 PM
The problem with the lich is that he's mainly a glass cannon type of pet, as you said he deals good damage, but if you sneeze he falls down, you'll have to start controlling him a bit more manually and tanking for him if you want to really see him shine, I suggest putting points into Cascade to help you thin out groups and soften up targets for melee and the lich, but that's just me, my experience with the spirit line is limited. My next build will probably be a an Earth/Spirit build, but as of now I have Earth/Defense (this combo is downright evil ^_^) and a Hunter/Nature.