PDA

View Full Version : Prophet question

IRace
02-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi everybody

I am starting a caster once for a change. It will be a prophet mainly using CL and squall for damage, and my question is what gear is the best(green body armor and head armor) that can be enchated with golden fleece for max - energy cost? So i will se rod of the acients, archmage clasp, polaris and jade emperor serenity artifact for 100% recharge. And i also want to spamm CL all the times and not using energy pots. And i am unsure what armor to use to get around 70-80% - energy cost. If can anyone help me with goood advice how to do this or if there is another better option please enlighten me:)

Poinas
02-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Bai Hu's mantle is dropped by Tigermen sorcerors. It has about 30% reduced energy cost. Enchant that with Golden Fleece. It's very rare.

Bai Hu's Coronal has about 30% reduced energy cost, but Golden Fleece is for torso armor only.

Heka's Staff has -20% energy cost and -20% recharge, but it has fire base dmg.

Seal of the High Priest (epic ring) has -15% energy cost. Eye of Horus (legendary ring) has about -12% energy cost.

IRace
02-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanx Poinas a lot: I have started farming tigermans , if it is really that rare it should take a loong time to get one of those. So it is even possible to get -100% energy cost and 100% recharge. That would be total pownage:)

Thanx again

BTW Bai Hu's mantle is blue? Coz others normal sorcerors robe i have seen are red.

Poinas
02-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I just checked my vault and Bai Hu's Coronal has -20% energy cost. I'd guess the same goes for the mantle.

The colour is somewhat blueish, but don't hang my head over it, I'm slightly colour blind :razz:

I farmed for Prowlers' Cuirass and got about 10 of those. During that time I didn't get any Bai Hu's mantles. You might have to kill over 1000 tigermen sorcerers.

IRace
02-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Yes these two items are exactly what i am looking for. Yes i have also farmed for prowlers cuiras and warlord armor but no bai hu mantle yet. Now i am only killing armored tigerman sorcerors and hoping for the best:)

Creslyn
02-14-2008, 12:13 PM
All pretty good options, but if you get tired of farming for a bai hu's mantle, another gear setup you can use is something like this for -recharge, +% energy, and some -energy cost, but also with good resistances across the board:
-head: Hesione's Veil (swap with Crest of Hypnos in legendary)
-chest: Feng Xao's Meditation Robes
-legs: Demonskin Walkers
-arms: Archmage's Clasp
-jewellery: Aphrodite's Favor, Eye of Horus, Socrates ring of Immortality (socketed with leg. demons blood for vitality/stun resists)
-staff: heka staff (or if you're feeling lucky, you could try to get yourself something like a Despots/Tyrants Staff of the Magi of Divination, socketed with a leg. zeus relic)
-artifact: Effigy of Skyfire/Polymath/Apollo/whatever (switch with the Jade Emperor's Talisman when you change headgear, to account for loss of -recharge)

Gives almost max resists across the board, 100% recharge, some -energy cost, plenty of mana, dark covenant if you need MORE regen over what gear+ToC gives, which you won't except for a handful of bosses, and decent if not uber damage output, as well as some +skills.

IRace
02-14-2008, 12:23 PM
tnx creslyn

i have almost all the items you mentioned i am only missing aphrodite favor.:) I will surely try this if i got tired of farming. Did you tried that setup? You seem toi know excatly what is the problem in my case. i made elementalist with 100% recharge. Fire and lightning spells soaked my mana in sec so i tought of making prophet for mana regen and as much - energy cost as possible. But i was using different setup (archmage reagalia, jade artifact, heka stuff and polaris. for rings i used some legendary rings with elem. dmg - celestial band i think.

Creslyn
02-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Using pretty much the exact setup I gave in my current xmax hardcore run. Celestial band is better for damage, but you don't need more damage, you need the -energy cost + regen horus gives. Of the optional ones I listed, using the despots staff of the magi of divination (would LOVE a tyrants, but I can live with that :p), effigy of skyfire, hesiones veil. Will switch helm and artifact to crest of hypnos/jade emperor when (if) I hit legendary.

IRace
02-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Ok back again with update: after 5 days of farming tigerman sorcerors (killed around 5000 of them i found bau hu`s coronal of power with -20% energy cost, now only to find bai hu`s mantle. hope to get it soon. And i leveld up from level 66 to 68 with my haruspex only killing these tigermans:) Surprisingly i am not loosing patience.

Btw got around 50 sabertooth swords and 20 prowler cuirass only from being killed accidentally by a scatter shoot arrows:)

IRace
02-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi again:)

I finaly found both mantle and coronal:). So my question is: in legendary which spell is more powerfull chain ligthning or ice shards with 300 cast speed? or which spell is better for croud control and which for bosses.

And another question: how is this tactic for bosses. cast spell breaker and then squall then CL until they die?

How can i incorporate thunderball in this?

Doral
04-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Sorry to be a late comer to this conversation, but I am looking for these particular Bai Lu and Liche King Staff items for my ice shards druid. I understand the staff can be found in normal. I have not started farming for it yet, but can the Bai Lu items be found in normal also? And what path would somebody recommend in order to find the most of the tiger men sorcerers in act 3?

Thanks much.

IRace
04-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Yeah Bai Hu Robe and Bai Hu coronal can be also found in normal. To find one is another story. Bai Hu robe can be easly spoted, it is the same as red robe white tigermans wear just that is blue. As for bai hu coronal.......well good luck. I didnt farm for one, but when going through the game found epic one (robe). Legendary versions give more -energy cost bonus.

Try farming on the way from Jade palace, rebirth fountain just when you get out of the tunels below the palace. Then from that point farm the encampment only kill sorcerers if you see they wear blue armor and then proceed to camp where one of the three sisters is captured. there are four tigerman sorcerors. If you want cornal, then you will have to kill every tigerman sorceror with mask.