PDA

View Full Version : Queestions about the dream builds....

arcallon
02-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Practically opposite of any other mastery, in Dream it seems to be the most effective by rushing to the top of the mastery, by around level 27 and then maxing from the top down. Reasoning for this is that you get access to skills like Temporal Rift, the best panic button and group killer in the game, and Trance of Wrath which is invaluable for both an Evoker and a Prophet. Is this viable?

Does Trance of Wrath reduce all resistances or just the elemental ones? This would make it invaluable for a Diviner and a Dreamkiller also?

Does a pet heavy build value more from trance of convalesence or trance of empathy?

Is there a good reference to what trances are most effective for each of the builds?

Viper_Sweden
02-10-2008, 04:59 PM
I guess, I'd max Dream Stealer on the way though.

All resistances are reduced by Trance of Wrath.

If you're planning on using some resisted damage (Poison, %Damage to Health, Bleed, etc.) go with Trance of Wrath. Otherwise, Trance of Convalescense.

arcallon
02-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the response...

Thanks for the reminder about Dream Stealer.

If I was doing a straight seer that skill plus the 5 points in nightmare to get the dream surge ability are the only two points that I would bother putting more than one point in. Which brings up a further question....

Are Distort Reality and Phantom Strike worth putting any points in, or do you just worry about the upgrades?

Graphtina
02-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Phantom strike is worth putting points into because of the %dmg increase.
DR isn't really worth the mana cost, better dmg and stun from TR

Creslyn
02-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Early on PS isn't worth putting more than 1pt into, as your base damage isn't worth multiplying. Later on, towards the end of normal and early epic, you'll want to start maxing it.

DR is worth putting more points into, but only when you've maxed out everything else you want.

Pericles
02-11-2008, 05:41 AM
what about the lucid dream tree guys? should I max it? (I'm a dreamkiller)

Creslyn
02-11-2008, 05:47 AM
Lucid Dream (base) give +damage% so its worth maxing eventually, but later on. Premonition gives +OA% and +DA% so you max that too (again, later on). Temporal Stasis gives +Total Speed, Slow Resistance and +Avoid Projectiles, so max that as early as is practical without neglecting your main skills (eg PS/DS, LS, knives, etc)

Viper_Sweden
02-11-2008, 06:48 AM
^Temporal Flux... :p

Creslyn
02-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Bleh, yeah lol

arcallon
02-13-2008, 10:29 AM
I have figured out that the first skills you have to max in any dream build are Dreamstealer, Temporal Rift and Summon Nightmare (only to level 5 for Dream Surge). But what skills would people recommend to come next and does the order difer depending upon what your second mastery is?

mamba
02-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Not only the order differs, also the skills differ based on your second mastery. For casters (i.e. second mastery being Storm or Earth and you going the caster route) there will be different skills than for meleers (all other secondary masteries).

Phantom Strike and its synergy is only of interest to a meleer. A meleer otoh can pretty much ignore the Nightmare indefinitely (he could pick it but certainly is in no hurry to do so). Premonition is again of more interest to meleers.

Distortion Wave and Distort Reality (always the trees) are more suited to casters, for a meleer I would at most invest 1 point in the base DW with nothing in its synergies (a caster would max the 2nd synergy). DR will end up with 1 point in base and maxed synergy for both meleer and caster in the long run, the point at which you add it can differ considerably however.

I also do not rush to max the mastery and then go for DR first, I always max PS first and have both the mastery and the skill tree maxed by level 30 (but that is because I always max masteries fast for meleers, not because Dream has desireabe top-level skills). As a matter of fact I very rarely even use DR, my current harbinger has not even invested in it at all by level 50 ;)

To me, PS is THE skill (tree) to get for a melleer, all others are secondary, with Lucid Dream being the second most important tree in my book, DR and DW are ok early on, but I prefer to go with skills which keep up early, instead of ones getting weaker over time.