PDA

View Full Version : The 0 Deaths XmaX Challenge

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

gasconron
09-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Progress Update: videos will be added later on, after I come from work.
Rayearth (Conq) lvl 50 - Epic Delphi; 28 hours 36 minutes
*now that I am in Epic, I will only be using videos and not screenies to show the boss fights. Basically, everything in with a name highlighted in red will be show in a video which will all be available to view in xfire via my account "gasconron"

Click on video links below to watch boss battles:
3x Nessus - http://www.xfire.com/video/23924/
3x Polyphemus - http://www.xfire.com/video/23926/
3x Arachnia - http://www.xfire.com/video/2392a/

I'm seriously going to focus on my Conq, and will play my other chars less. I am ripping through epic with great speed w/o having to use any health potion at all due to my high DPS and Sapros's "convert % dam to life"... And yes, I am finally exploring, every nook and cranny all of the fog of war removed and all enemies in the are killed (including caves, lol)...

After playing TQ for 4-5 months, I'm seeing places that I've never been into before, lol. I kinda like it, like a new experience. Although leveling is UBER slow (1+ hours) in comparison to Boss farming, playing TQ with a hack-n-slash char just became more interesting for me. So sorry for bitching, when you guys called me out about my fast progress. It would seem it was for the better. Now I'm actually less bored playing my Conq.

I was also surprised how my kill count greatly increased in comparison to when I played in Normal. (i.e. I reached Gorgons in Normal with a 6.3k kills, while in Epic, I reached Megara w/ almost 5k kills accumulated, really a big difference). And on top of that I am accumulating a lot of "hand-me-down" greens for my lower level chars which seem to be great starter items and also some nice purples, without having to repeat monotonous boss farms again and again.

So here are my results from last night:
Helos - Parnasus Foothills: Jumped from approx 36.7k - 44,409 kills (no repeats of areas or bosses)

Click on video link below to view explored map (all caves/tombs were cleaned up as well)
http://www.xfire.com/video/2392f/

Seems to me that aside from doing this challenge with Rayearth, I'll go for the "Bloody Crown Achievement" (1 mill kills, All legendary bosses, no deaths, 50,000k highest damage achieved) - hopefully I find a way to achieve the last requirement which seems to be the hardest, considering that Conq isnt a Brigand, Dreamkiller or Haru spex... Now on to my Ele.

Man I love this game, I am officially ADDICTED!

yerkyerk
09-06-2008, 05:12 AM
@gorgus, dunno if you found out, but in the options menu you can set keys to select and order all pets or each pet seperately. Ctrl+petclicking also allows you to control a specific pet.

zerit
09-06-2008, 05:17 AM
Seems to me that aside from doing this challenge with Rayearth, I'll go for the "Bloody Crown Achievement" (1 mill kills, All legendary bosses, no deaths, 50,000k highest damage achieved) - hopefully I find a way to achieve the last requirement which seems to be the hardest, considering that Conq isnt a Brigand, Dreamkiller or Haru spex... Now on to my Ele.

I think 50k is achievable for a conq. Because the highest damage dealers are piercers equip your conq as a piercer (Thorny, Traker's Hood, Shield of Korribantes, Apollo's etc.)

EDIT:
Forget about the above sugestion. I tried it with my conq and I succeded to reach 39,7k greatest damage as a piercer. That after I respecced my conq for DW and used 2 thorny and all the skills that could rise my damage.

gorgus
09-06-2008, 07:20 AM
@yerkyerk: thanks, will check it out tomorrow, i have a wedding i have to go today. PARTY!!! :D:D:D

GIAMarcos
09-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi guys,

I was thinking about creating two new chars for the challenge.
I spoke already about one, a pure dream class. Not sure if I go twinked or untwinked with it. Was thinking about ToW and max al other skills, but ToC might be a good option too, not sure about that yet.

An other char I'm planning is for the untwinked no-pots challenge.
A Templar offers great survivabilty for the challenge, but I was thinking about a Ritualist (Dream/Nature) with ToC, Plague, Wolves, Nightmare, Regrowth.
I'm planning to go melee, in that way my pets will do the big job, and I will be able to heal them, and dish out some damage myself. And ofcourse able to take some damage.

It will be quitte hard I think, and I will defenately need high +n to all skills.
But with about +6-+10 to all skills and some pet damage boosting stuff it might be possible. At least I hope it will be possible.
-100% recharge would be great, than I will be albe to spam Plague and Phantom Strike :P

Do you think this will be possible?

gasconron
09-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Progress Update:

Lajoya (Ele) lvl 41 - Normal Medea's Grove; Kills 34,797; Time: 17 hours, 3 minutes.

After farming Typhon again and again I finally reached level 41 and I now updated my equipment. Now wearing 2 Seals of Hephaestus rings (+ 80-85%fire damage), boosting my damage to godly levels, at least for normal, and I know have access to every caster's well loved "Archmage's Clasp" for that CHUNKY CHUNKY - 40% recharge.

So now Im up to 78% recharge and I now have a perma-stoneform, which makes me safe from here on out till late Epic. I also now have access to 2 of my favorite to use caster scrolls, namely: Divine Scrolls of Archmage Fury (-25% recharge) & Divine Scrolls of Arrow Dancer (+40% CtAP).

All my necessary skills in the Earth tree are complete and now starting to build my storm tree, starting with Squall.

I plan to stay for awhile in Normal with my ele and accumulate a higher kill count as I do not have the confidence to explore a lot in Epic. So far my progress is good and I'm still not resorting to the "SF > Esc > Return to Main Menu" tactic. Unlike my Diviner who is having a hell lot of trouble progressing due to being overwhelmed by archers.

An interesting video with my Ele:
http://www.xfire.com/video/239d7/

GIAMarcos
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Nice to see you making great progress with your Conquerer and Elementalist.
I wish I had more time to play TQ, my Ranger is only lvl 14 :( but the first 12 lvls were extremely slow, I thought it took me 2,5 hours, but when I looked it up it was more than 3,5 hours. That's a lot of time!

I hope progress is going te be faster now. But I stille have little time to play :(
Because of my studies I'm only able to play about half an hour a day.
But I hope it will get better soon!

gasconron
09-06-2008, 12:39 PM
@ GIAMarcos: I'm just addicted, and at my work... I just sit there as a student worker to "guard" the library during night shifts. I just bring my laptop at work and play, that doubles my play time. And I'm only taking 16 credits this semester, my schedule is very lax.

@ Everyone: Just a lil' side note, you guys notice in xMAX, the so called MI's are actually NOT INFREQUENT at all anymore? like for example i got, just by playing through the game and not with the intention of farming at all, a Normal Quality: shaman headdress, staff of the magi, 4 sabertooths, Batrachos greaves, 2 Prowler's Cuffs, Mbuti's Advocated, Night Mistress's Clutch... What are your thoughts on these? Do you agree with me, or am I just dumb lucky?

yerkyerk
09-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Ok, here's a photo journal. I installed the DirectX 10 files (it's one of luedtke's side projects, not completed, but available), so tell me honestly if you can see a (positive) difference.

Running with details and texture on high, rest on medium, 1440x900 and most stuff checked.

A random actionshot;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot135.jpg

Wraiths really start glowing with DX10;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot137.jpg

Three Telkines; now in DX10 (can you see a difference?)
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot141.jpg

This one just looks cool;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot144.jpg

An in-game action-shot, the best and the most dangerous;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot150.jpg

Looks like they're doing a warming-up;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot154.jpg

Here's an angry bunch
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot159.jpg

yerkyerk
09-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Here's the follow-up, was only allowed to post 10 at a time..

Now we know how the Neanderthal got extinct;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot161.jpg

This fur's gonna look great in my cottage;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot174.jpg

Imho, the best place to take panoramic screenshots;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot163.jpg

Also decided to put this one up, cause the Liche looks so funny in it;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot167.jpg

Are they singing christmas carols?!
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot173.jpg

Yerren - annoying usually, but with my heavily twinked Diviner they're no real threat anymore;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot175.jpg

Another one of the better panoramics available in-game;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot184.jpg

And finally, blasting Terracotta's to pieces. I forgot to put xMAX back on.. hehe woops. I'll redo that area;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot202.jpg

minisav
09-06-2008, 03:56 PM
They looks amazing Yerk :)

Persona
09-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't know.... The colours look funky. Some shots look downright awesome, some just look weird.

TimelordDC
09-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Yeah, most of the screenies are good but the snow regions (amdo region, natu la pass) and the chang-an village (with the terracota warriors) have some weird combinations of colors on the floor. Especially so in the snowy regions where there appear to be multicolored grass.

The wraiths and the telkine look more *distinct*, for lack of a better word.

gasconron
09-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Progress Update: videos & screenies will be posted, when I get back to my dorm room from work

Lajoya (Ele) lvl 47 - Kills: 46,373 Time: 26 hours 14 minutes
* Like my Conq, from here on out in Epic, every boss battle will be recorded and posted here for everyone to see. For now, enjoy the Hades clip below:
-

Ater 8 HOURS of carefully treading the rest of Act 4, I finally finished normal difficulty. I thought I would finish faster but as soon as I first encounter the mechae, I really had to slow it down a bit and do a lot of pet tanking or perma-stone forming while my RoF ate the melee mechae alive. Thanks to Divine scrolls of the Arrow Dancer (+40% CtAP for 90 secs), and +19% CtAP mod in my armor, and an amulet of guile (+11% CtAP) it relieved me some pressure off those pesky archers, which gave me time to spam Squall+Eruption on top of their heads. Being a very agressive player that I am, I really had to stop my urges to agro a big lot and nuking them, instead I killed off and pushed on VERY slowly. There were some close calls at times were in I was forced to do "Esc+Return to Main Menu" due to those Vidicators stunning me when they do that rush attack/wave attack that they have. If it were in Legendary it would have been end of the line for me, as any of those 1-2 hit kill on a caster class, thankfully I'm still alive and kicking.

Hades, like all the bosses I faced with my Ele, was no problem at all. With some off-screen nuking using the "door trick" and a bit of kiting when Hades comes to view, I slaughtered the God without him even able to do anything... I am now contemplating if I should farm Hades or just continue on to Epic, as there are huge risks for my Ele staying in that accursed act.

Lajoya, unlocking Epic difficulty:
-

For a change, I'd like to try something new...I'm gonna make a defiled Soothsayer and check out how gameplay is before I start my Hardcore xMax one. :razz:

TimelordDC
09-07-2008, 01:34 AM
There were some close calls at times were in I was forced to do "Esc+Return to Main Menu" due to those Vidicators stunning me when they do that rush attack/wave attack that they have.
lol, am I understanding this right? When you felt you were close to dying, you did an Esc + Return to Main Menu? Thats cheating, you do realize that?

Btw, I understand we do twinking and all that (my Harbinger is twinked too but with items that can be found till that act/difficulty combo) but using a Divine Scroll in normal difficulty? Seriously, this challenge needs some rules (am in no way trying to belittle your achievement, gasconron!)

gasconron
09-07-2008, 02:05 AM
@Timelord DC: For some, maybe so... but not in my book, as long as its not a tombstone, it doesn't count as a death in my book :)...and if I indeed get a death I'll raise my white flag and even post a screenie of the tombstone in this forum.

And with regards to eccessive twinking, we are allowed to implement any strategy/combo by any means necessary to survive (including using higher level scrolls). Which is why any time spent playing TQ while not using a Hardcore xMax character, I'm using the time to do farm runs to buy potions & scrolls. "Any item from a higher level player can be passed down to your challenge chars, so as long as you worked hard to get those items by your own hands." Why my progress with my Ele isn't as good as my Conq, is because she still doesn't have yet the optimal gear I feel she needs to survive. So that's why I am currently farming it now.

And personally if this challenge required me to be untwinked, I wouldn't even dream of participating in this challenge.

I know some of you guys feel that I've been bending the rules of this challenge severely, and I respect all your opinions. However, everything I've done up until now is within the boundaries of what was set in the first page. I just do whatever it takes to finish the challenge on my chosen chars, and the goal is "no deaths, no defiling, no unfair mods, no using of illegal tools like itemus, etc;" All questions I had considering gameplay I personally ask Eric via chat on xfire, and things that he told me I can do and cannot do, I stick by.

yerkyerk
09-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Using Divine Scrolls is a bit weird, but... if you want to do is really hardcore, you should go completely untwinked anyway.

And about the pictures; yea, especially the sandy outdour areas look grainy(?) multi-coloured pixelated gras.. but as said, it's still in development.

Persona
09-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Au contraire. It does say on the first page that no cheating is allowed. Ctrl+Esc is basically an alternate way of escaping death. I'm quite surprised they didn't implement a timeout counter for logging out of the game, like a lot of other games do.

However, we all view cheating differently. The only person who can actually make a call on this would be Eric_The_Red.

@yerkyerk: Hear, hear! I am also anxiously looking forward to seeing the results of said development. I've already felt that Titan Quest has some of the most awesome graphics for a ARPG game out there and this is just pushing the frontier even more.

gasconron
09-07-2008, 02:17 AM
@yerkyerk: I'm ready to start my hardcore soothsayer, and I hope it goes out well. This is my first time playing the class and I hope I can deal with it. I simulated a Soothsayer level 60, using defiler and figured that using a revenant's headgear is utterly impossible for him, as nature & spirit maxed give + 0 bonus attributes to str, I guess I'll just stick to your equipment suggestions.

@Timelord DC: For some, maybe so... but not in my book, as long as its not a tombstone, it doesn't count as a death in my book :)...and if I indeed get a death I'll raise my white flag and even post a screenie of the tombstone in theis forum.

And with regards to eccessive twinking, we are allowed to implement any strategy/combo by any means necessary to survive (including using higher level scrolls). Which is why any time spent playing TQ while not using a Hardcore xMax character, I'm using the time to do farm runs to buy potions & scrolls. "Any item from a higher level player can be passed down to your challenge chars, so as long as you worked hard to get those items by your own hands." Why my progress with my Ele isn't as good as my Conq, is because she still doesn't have yet the optimal gear I feel she needs to survive. So that's why I am currently farming it now.

I know some of you guys feel that I've been bending the rules of this challenge severely, and I respect all your opinions. However, everything I've done up until now is within the boundaries of what was set in the first page. I just do whatever it takes to finish the challenge on my chosen chars, and the goal is "no deaths, no defiling, no unfair mods, no using of illegal tools like itemus, etc;" All questions I had considering gameplay I personally ask Eric via chat on xfire, and things that he told me I can do and cannot do, I stick by.

*woops sorry moderators, repost. intended it to be an edit.

gasconron
09-07-2008, 02:23 AM
@Persona: if Eric rules out that what I did was cheating... I'll bow out and put a RIP sign on Lajoya and Fylio, as both of those chars are fond of doing it. As for my Conq, there is no need to Esc+Exit as I never had to.

That being said, i wont be playing any other chars, other than my Conq until i find out what Eric's decision is. If news is bad I probably scrap all my other xmax chars except for my Ranger, Brigand and Conq.

TimelordDC
09-07-2008, 02:25 AM
@gasconron, I am not overly concerned abt the Divine scrolls, etc. As I said before, too few rules leave too wide an area for argument :)

However, Esc + Return to Main Menu is definitely escaping death. It means you would have died had you stayed in-game.

@yerkyerk, thats good news. Is there anywhere (on the fanpatch forums, for example) where luedtke is tracking this? Just asking so that I can include that in my 'regular-visit' bookmark collection :)

Eric_The_Red
09-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Ok guys ill settle this. For me its a moral rule if you wanna do it do it but if it makes you feel like a cheater dont do it. Or if your gonna do it for pete sake don't post it! Easy way around this is to play a lan game that no one else will be able to join that way you can't pause it. If i would have done that with my conq i would have beaten the challenge. In other news, my pyromancer(thats right still a pyromancer) is burning his way through egypt at level 38 with only one attack other than the dweller and 23% increased xp. and like 1200 health. I'm just about to take on the telkines. So im guessing ill be around level 50 at typhon lol.

Persona
09-07-2008, 04:06 AM
Woah, woah, woah. Level 50 at Typhon? Now that is harcore although my Spellbreaker did make it to Act 3 at level 48.... And promptly only leveled once all of Act 3.

For me, I've had to delete so many characters before they reached Sparta simply because I overextend them too early by rushing into mobs. Esc + Exit to menu would've saved them but meh. Pausing the game to assess the situation isn't cheating, to me. I'm an addict of the AD&D computer adaptations, so pausing the game frequently to adjust battle tactics is pretty normal for me. Ask anyone who has ever tried taking out Demogorgon in Baldur's Gate 2 without pausing.

TimelordDC
09-07-2008, 04:07 AM
Update:
Timelord, the Hunter, is just past the poisoned springs quest in Normal for the no-pots, untwinked challenge. Lvl 12 now and things are starting to look a bit rosier. Next level, I will have my first 2 points in scattershot and that should make it even better.
Currently, resting a lot to regain hp (with Herbal Remedy (lvl1) and a couple of items that boost health regen rate).
Gives me time to read books :lol:

Forgot to mention, drops have been crappy - nothing from Nessus after running him 6 times, no Deathweaver equipment from spiders or any blue items except Patroclus Shortblade. I did get a Outrider's buckler from a Trapper (that boosts str and dex too) so that's some consolation.

I agree with the Pause feature. Thats necessary for a lot of reasons and it doesn't prevent dying in any way (unlike Esc+Exit to Main Menu or Alt+F4).

Persona
09-07-2008, 04:10 AM
Timelord, are you going for a Haruspex? I'm not sure how a any other Bow based Hunter class can deal with the huge Energy drain otherwise.

gasconron
09-07-2008, 04:17 AM
@Eric: nice job, could never dare run through act 3 with only that much HP.

* I guess that settles it, I guess I learned my lesson from this. I only wanted to post my progress in this thread and share my difficiulties and excitements w/ the challenge, and I doing this out of honesty because I wanted to hear other people's opinions, and most of the time, approval. Who am I kidding? Doing what I did is a 1-way ticket to get criticisms thrown at you forcing you to play according to their standards. As much as I hate it, I am the kind of guy, who respects the majority's opinion. And majority of the people, especially those who have finished this challenge with hard work and dedication, rules out that I cheated playing with my casters.

In conclusion, I scraped my xMax Ele, Div while I am just gonna play my Ranger, Sooth and Brigand non-hardcore. I'll just finish this challenge with my Conq, which I know I can do easily, according to majority's consensus as "fair play", and let that be the end of it. Though that doesn't change the fact that he is a twinked char, suited up with his "end-gear"

Eric_The_Red
09-07-2008, 04:17 AM
Thats great timelord, i know the feeling all too well read many a book. There really isnt much of an energy drain as an archer playing solo. I wouldnt even bother picking another class till like level 20 something

TimelordDC
09-07-2008, 04:20 AM
I actually haven't decided whether I will continue as a bow-based character past Normal or switch to a spear-shield character. I think bows are more effective in Normal and also more fun to use (since monsters can actually die with 1 shot) but as I said, I haven't decided yet on the second mastery. Will probably be Dream or Defense.

Eric_The_Red
09-07-2008, 04:20 AM
I didnt say to scrap ur char. Technically if there is no tombstone there is no death. And if people pause there games as persona does than i see no difference from what you did. Since I'm pretty much the only opinion that counts in this challenge i say keep going. Spear is a bad idea Timelord, distance is ur ally in this challenge.

Persona
09-07-2008, 04:27 AM
I will give you this much. If Eric is of the opinion that pausing is the same as Esc +.... What is it that button says, anywho? Bah, whatever. Then go ahead with it. Pausing the game to assess the situation has saved my life countless times. Goodness knows like figuring out where the hell those bloody Dragonian mages are.

I don't know, Timelord. When I was taking a close look at the untwinked, no potions challenge. The only real way I could think of finishing it was to rely extremely heavily on either pets/traps or on the regen ability of the dream class. Bows are a monster drain on Energy. My Brigand has used four times the amount of Energy pots than Health pots.

minisav
09-07-2008, 09:47 AM
minisav - (Jeanne) - Lvl 19 Corsair - Megara

Still going to grind out another level. Collosus form now has a point in it. I'm going to work on the Rogue tree for extra Dex and stuff with a few points into Pulverize or maybe Iron Will

yerkyerk
09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
As for the DX10, I'm not sure what luedtke will be doing with this. The download is 4.6(!) gig.. Way too big ofcourse. I wouldn't advice using it, unless you want to help her testing it, because it contains a number of graphical glitches.

I don't use exit game to cheat death - if I did, most of my toons could still be alive, as I generally see them dying but am unable to save them in anyway. I'd rather see them die than exit-game to prevent death though.

But, in order for such a rule to apply, it should be clearly stated in the rules. It's a bit lame to dispatch your toon only because you don't know the unwritten rules.

nzone
09-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Progress Update:
nzone - (Jubai) lvl 49 Sage, Epic Megara

My isp webserver is down; I can't update with photo. I will do so when available again.

gasconron
09-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Progress Updates:

Lajoya (Ele) lvl 48 -Epic Delphi,
*I'm glad I didn't have to restart with it. Now that I ventured into Epic, it was hilariously easy in comparison to Act 4 Normal...My Max RoF+Earth Ench+2 seals of hephaestus rings, pretty much 1 shot most mobs
- 3x Nessus: http://www.xfire.com/video/2445b/
- 3x Polyphemus: http://www.xfire.com/video/24468/
- 3x Arachni: http://www.xfire.com/video/2445f/

Rayearth (Conq) lvl 51 - Epic Athens
* as usual now that I'm in epic I scurried every part of the map and all the caves & tombs... finally hit 52k kills thanks to monster encampment & that road to Athens
- 3x Gorgons: http://www.xfire.com/video/24190/

Fylio (Div) lvl 41 - Normal Epirus
* He's gonna be stuck there for a while, I don't really have the patience of having to deal with another caster going through Act 4, especially now that I've just finished Lajoya. It's stressful.

Hagerdin (Ran) lvl 17 - Normal Parnasus
* after restarting 3x I finally got it right, after maturing his marksmanship tree and maxing his volley with a nice play of hit and run I was finally able to level high enough to wear some decent hand-me-downs that my xMax Conq got in Epic...hope this progress continues till I get my wolfies and HotO, then I'm set after that.

Miyake (Sooth) *restart* - dies from over-extending towards flocks of hags and crows...

Ashtrix (Brig) lvl 27 - Normal Giza
* this was my main project last night during my 16 hour shift in the library as a guard... :) I cruised him from Delphi to Giza with little to no use of health potions. I am utterly impressed with my speed of levelling this char, despite me using it as a melee (although I occasionally use a bow to spread to poison via scatter shot.) a small investment in certain skill points made me able to farm bosses with ease, considering that out of all my chars he is the least twinked out of all my chars - - only using "under 100 AR" but w/ +% dam to poison, which i further upgraded w/ diseased plum charms (finally those damn crows have some use). Lethal Strike while envenomed and blade honed totally owns. Though I admit it gets annoying when you're poison damage dependent and you go against constructs and skellies...not fun at all.

However, I'll be halting his progress for now due to lack of better equipment that will help him survive in Act 3. That being said, I'll go back to my conq and do more of Epic, but for now crashing to bed...

The Fallen One
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Wait. Back up. Timelord, did your character die? Or are you just starting a new character?

:confused:

TimelordDC
09-07-2008, 09:44 PM
No, Persephone didn't die. She's parked at Rhakotis, waiting for a time when I will have the willpower to go through Egypt.

I started a new one for the no-pots, untwinked challenge just to see how far I can get into the game.

The Fallen One
09-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh. Okay. :D

nzone
09-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Here is a screenshot of Jubai with [normal] 3 Hades' essences.

http://home.comcast.net/~n.ith/TQIT/jubai_hades_normal.jpg

nzone
09-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Jubai lvl 54 (Sage) is camping at Giza [80,013 kills] ; Manticores defeated.

hitting the sack now.

CAP007
09-08-2008, 03:48 AM
CAP007 Exceter 57 Templar Epic Eastern silk road. Couple of shots so far in epic.
Talos
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/ExceterTalos.jpg
Manticore
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/ExceterManticore.jpg
Barmanu
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/ExceterBarmanu.jpg

CAP007
09-08-2008, 03:51 AM
FRom Gasconron
Does xMax work with Allskins Mods?

Yes it does.

Eric_The_Red
09-08-2008, 04:17 AM
Ok guys just updated leaderboard, let me know if i missed anyone who's been passed normal difficulty.

gasconron
09-08-2008, 04:29 AM
@ CAP 007: im scared it might corrupt my already existing chars, does it work with them or you have to start a new char? i really like it looks really cool. and im tired of my chars having the same face every different profession.

Persona
09-08-2008, 05:50 AM
It works fine with existing characters, I used to change my character's look all the time. But then I found vivienne's texture mods and just stuck with one for all my character.

GIAMarcos
09-08-2008, 06:20 AM
It's great to see that so many people are making good progress!
I wish I could make the same progress:P But after a weekend without TQ (staying at my girlfriends house) I hope I will be able to do some nice lvling with my untwinked Ranger (Apollo) And I'm planning to start my untwinked no-pots challenge char today or tommorow.

Nice to see some people oter people are trying it too!
I'm curious to know who would be the very first one to complete the challenge with no-pots no twinking and no deaths.

Will post some updates and pics soon!

gasconron
09-08-2008, 06:48 AM
@ GIAMarcos: as this challenge allows teamplay, would you like a support to come and accompany you? just setup a time frame of your availability and we can arrange a play schedule in Hamachi.

having to play w/ no pots, and no twink having an extra body to take care of agro would be useful to you. and i miss playing multiplayer, so it's a refreshing change at least.

gasconron
09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Progress Update:

Gasconron - (Rayearth) 55 Conqueror, Epic Hanging Gardens

Kills: 69,727
Time: 1:11:32 (days/hours/minutes)

-3x Alastor: http://www.xfire.com/video/246e2/
-3x Minotaur Lords & 3x Telkine Act 1: http://www.xfire.com/video/246e4/
- 3x Giant Scarab: http://www.xfire.com/video/2473f/
- 3x Manticore: http://www.xfire.com/video/24741/
- 3x Scorpos: http://www.xfire.com/video/24743/
- 3x Pharaoh Statues: http://www.xfire.com/video/24745/
- 3x Telkine Act 2: http://www.xfire.com/video/247f9/
- 3x Sand Wraith Lord: http://www.xfire.com/video/247fa/

*It's been a busy 2 days for this char. I didn't know Egypt was so big until I scurried every area last night. Swarming with dead people, lol. My Diviner and Ele that will hopefully get here will sure love it. :rockon: Easy and little HP mobs. I am now officially temporarily bored of hack-n-slash. I'll break from the challenge for a while and experiment with the AllSkins mod.

nzone
09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Question:
With 100% avoid projectile:
1. Bermanu's ice meteors will do zero damage?
2. Typhon's aerial attack (lightning, fire, poison, molten meteors) will do zero damage?
3. Charon's, Dactyle's, Toxeus' ground waves and Dragon Liche's freezing wind will do zero damage?

I know most spell in the Storm mastery will always hit. Monsters that use these are Harpy and 1st Telkine. Any other monsters that use a 'always hit'? :shifty:

gasconron
09-08-2008, 11:01 AM
@nzone: im pretty suche the dragonn lich breath, typhon & benimaru's meteors are considered AoE. Their span of area of damage is too wide to be considered a projectile.

minisav
09-08-2008, 11:11 AM
minisav - (Jeanne) lvl 20 Corsair - Megara

nzone
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
@gasconron: I don't think those are an always hit attack. This means it can be avoid, but by what? Perhaps it's the AP. For example: Talos flame brushes a wide area and is 100% avoidable by the AP.

Eric_The_Red
09-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Just wanted to let u know if any of you are doing the no pots challenge that 'team' does not mean you can bring in a twinked friend to help you lol! Team means both of you are around the same level and are participating in the the no pots challenge.

yerkyerk
09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I do think it should be mentioned that you do teams though - it can make the game extremely easy.

GIAMarcos
09-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Yea, team play might be nice, but not for the challenge.
It wouldn't be a challenge any more, maybe if you go both untwinked no-pots and pure(1 mastery).

Progress update
Apollo lvl 16-Hunter Normal Megara.

yerkyerk
09-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Well - 1 mastery would seem like an honest trade-off for teamplay :D

yerkyerk
09-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Well, my latest Diviner is about to die - really weird, considering he's a twinked powerhouse. I took a screenshot and immediately paused the game - I often do so, because taking the screenshot may take up to several seconds, in which my toon is often, severely hurt. But it's the only way to get cool action pictures. This, however, was an extremely bad time (it often is, but I can't stop myself from taking screenies I'll delete anyway... it's an addiction or something). My toon's health dropped amazingly fast, slurping up a healthpot didn't seem to slow down the progress and Deathward was already activated but also didn't do much, as my healthbar continued to shrink at Concorde speed after the boost. I can't walk away because I'm swarmed and using tricks like Vision of Death or Sleep will take too long. In short, the chances of survival are nihil.
The game is still paused, I could exit to haul my toon out, but that would be disgraceful. Meh, it's also disgraceful to loose a twinked Dreamchar to a random mob. I'm stuck either way, and I'll let my toon die a dignified death ere I let it be a spineless coward. Hopefully I'll make it out alive, but that's not likely to happen. Either way, on to Elysium we march!

EDIT: No such luck for me, here's the screenshot that caused my demise:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4056/screenshot350ds8.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot350ds8.jpg)
No idea how they could've gotten through me with that pathetic army.

gasconron
09-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Progress Update: videos will be posted later on

Gasconron - (Rayearth) 58 Conqueror, Epic Rhodes
*currently farming Typhon

Kill Count: 80,731
Time: 1:15:51 (days/hours/minutes)

- 3x Chimera: http://www.xfire.com/video/24ad9/
- 3x Barnmaru: http://www.xfire.com/video/24adb/
- 3x Gargantuan Yeti: http://www.xfire.com/video/24add/
- 3x Colossal Peng: http://www.xfire.com/video/24ade/
- 3x Terra Cotta Sorc: http://www.xfire.com/video/24adf/
- 3x Dragon Lich: http://www.xfire.com/video/24ae6/
- 3x Yaoguai: http://www.xfire.com/video/24ae7/
- 3x Telkine Act 3: http://www.xfire.com/video/24aea/
- 3x Typhon: http://www.xfire.com/video/24aee/

*Pretty fast progress for this char, I soldiered my way from end of Epic Act 1 at Midnight and played the whole day save for a 3-4 hour nap (yes, I know...ever since I started this challenge, I HAVE NO LIFE ANYMORE!!!). As usual all areas explored all caves/tombs explored; I'd say about 90-95% of monsters killed. Ones I didn't kill were probably the ones I missed during the day-to-night transition animation. Planning to farm Typhon till lvl 59, which shouldn't take long, then move on. So give or take, I'll probably/hopefully finish Epic by tommorow morning.

Why am I in such a hurry? I don't know maybe it's due to the fact that I've beginning to tire of hacking and slashing my way through countless mobs over and over again. No hit and runs, not tactics...just plain old bum rushing and stunning them with war horn. I guess I'll get the excitement back when I enter Legendary.

I'm having little to no difficulty at all here in Epic with my Conqueror and I just feel like I'm ripping of mob to mob to mob. I guess that is to be expected when I'm twinked this much. :lol: I did have a close call at Barnmaru, I got too cocky and thought BS and Colossus would minimize damage, I stood there like an idiot and took 2 Ice showers and it brought down my life at less than half.

nzone
09-08-2008, 11:59 PM
100% CtAP makes Bermanu a thing of the past, History ;)

gasconron
09-09-2008, 12:03 AM
100% CtAP makes Bermanu a thing of the past, History ;)

did you test it? 100% sure? i have a briggy im planning to do 100%+ CtAP...i'll take your word for it and ill blame you if i die. :D

The Fallen One
09-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Only Barmanu's meteors are negated. Everything else is the same.

nzone
09-09-2008, 12:27 AM
yep, 100% CtAP makes Bermanu lethal combo useless: Stun wave, Ice meteor doesn't have any effect. *note: Jubai has zero stun resist.

For all that I know, Jubai is dead by the hand of the Dragonian Sage Hero by simple freak lightning (which can't be avoid by CtAP).

I'm gonna with a defense mastery; her name is Sophia.

Persona
09-09-2008, 01:09 AM
My Brigand has 100% CtAP, Barmanu was a non-issue. The only problem for my Brigand, far as I can see, are mobs that can reflect damage which Dragonian mages can.

However, I'm taking a break from my Brigand and she's sitting outside Espirus, I think while I start a new character in the no pots, untwinked challenge.

Enter Ginevra: presently in Laconia at level 9 with 2,509 kills and 350ish greatest damage dealt. Going the route of a caster, first one ever. Pretty daring, in my opinion.

nzone
09-09-2008, 01:29 AM
never thought dragonian can do damage reflect; jubai was probably dead by it.

Persona
09-09-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm pretty sure it's damage reflection, it's the only thing that makes sense since they're not casting anything and I'm attacking them and taking damage.

nzone
09-09-2008, 02:10 AM
you're right. I remembered the dragonian hero had a staff. A staff attack is nullified by a 100% CtAP. Ahem...both of my Avenger and Sage died by their own doings.

Persona
09-09-2008, 02:21 AM
Bad joojoo mate. I had the good fortune of noticing that my HP dropped like mad when I attacked the Dragonians so I got careful after that.

Small update on Ginevra:
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Nessus00.jpg
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Nessus01.jpg
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Nessus02.jpg
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Nessus03.jpg

Edit: Will pay money if anyone can turn the hair on this model a nice red!

gasconron
09-09-2008, 04:17 AM
yah, i never rlly paid attention to dragonian mages until eric told me to be wary bout their damage reflection. but on the positive side they cast it and its gone for 3-4 secs (in Epic, not sure in Leg) if you have warfare in any of your 2 masteries you can jst stun the whole mob and kill the mage first b4 they cast it, which was my bread and butter last night.

if your range and cant get close to the mob it might be in your best interest to pull the whole group first and kill everything else so you can get closer to the mages and see when they have the aura active (yellow bubble aura surrounding them); if its mages and firetalons and your a range, heck i'd just run...

Narcolepcy
09-09-2008, 05:13 AM
So I am going to try this challenge, the no twink no potion challenge to be exact, I will be using a prophet caster due to them being a great kiting class. I will post again in 8 or so hours with the details.

gasconron
09-09-2008, 05:45 AM
hey guys a lil help here, i started a soothsayer which took a bit long to jump start, but things got better when iwas able to put more points on my pets. now have a 4 pt lich w/ 1 pt d nova, 7pt wolfie for 2 wolves and 3 pts in HotO. Everything is working out great, I'm lvl 14 about to hit Polyphemus, until I saw my kill count log and noticed that my number is really low with regards to where im supposed to be. I pretty sure my lich nova'd a lot of mobs... what's happening here? is a pet kill not part of your toon's kill count? if that's so...my pets are now killing a lot even before I perform my own kill, sometimes I haven't killed a guy yet and my wolves bum rush my target, how do I go about this?

GIAMarcos
09-09-2008, 06:17 AM
The kills your pets make are not shown in your kill count bar.
So when you finish the challenge with your Soothsayer you will probably have 30k-40k kills or something.

But this is a known issue so that won't be a problem!

Gonna start my untwinked no-pots Ritualist today.
He will be a melee toon, hopefully I can get -100% recharge and as much -% Energy cost, to spam Phantom Strike :P

gasconron
09-09-2008, 06:23 AM
ill guess ill perma stay in Act 1 normal then to accumulate as much kills i can b4 i move on.

Narcolepcy
09-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Just finished the spider caves and its been ridiculously easy with distortion wave, nightmare and a sanguine staff. I'm using 2 pet damage rings so the nightmare can one shot most everything.

Just found an oracles wreath, decent find,thats it for today more tomorrow.

TimelordDC
09-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Gascon, petmancers in this challenge need not acquire 150,000 kills as it is just plain impossible to do so. FYI if you plan to "perma stay" in Act 1 just to accumulate kills.

CAP007
09-09-2008, 11:00 AM
@ CAP 007: im scared it might corrupt my already existing chars, does it work with them or you have to start a new char? i really like it looks really cool. and im tired of my chars having the same face every different profession.

I hear ya. I can tell you this is a very safe mod. Makes a custom map option. You basicly are just buying the skins at merchants, as 0 effect on game play. Very safe. I am generaly pretty shy about using mods, but this one and TQ Vault for me are no brainers. Adds a lot. Just read thru the mods thread on the all skins. You will see that there are no "game play" complaints.

gasconron
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Progress Update:

- Gasconron - Miyake (Sooth) 22 - Normal Athens
- no progress on other chars

@ Timelord: ugh... :( repeated monster encampment AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN, my lich is hogging all the kills. And each run was excruciatingly long. but oh well Im almost at Athens with a decent lvl 22. This is the highest level any of my characters in this challenge have had, arriving in Athens without farming the gorgies (which took forever to kill on a sooth).

@ yerkyerk: if i remember correctly Telkine Act 1 steals your controls over your pets, what was your strategy for this fight? I can't seem to find any vids online about this. My current situation is: decent lich with a good wraith shell count (think its 3-2-3 if my memory serves me right), still 7 pts on the wolf and a fairly mature HotO (6pts). and I have 1 pt each on the plaugue tree amd 1 pt each on DCA tree.

* I don't know if I should attend class today or skip it to play my sooth, lol, he's kinda cool...

yerkyerk
09-09-2008, 11:28 AM
If he steals your LK, run back and regroup. If it's another pet, just continue on with the attack. The petstealing wasn't too big a problem, it'll eventually wear out. But watch out if he takes your LK.

gasconron
09-09-2008, 11:30 AM
kk, hopefully ill try to level up 2 up's more b4 getting to him so I can equip my pet boost rings

GIAMarcos
09-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi all,
Progress update:
Apollo (Ranger) - untwinked lvl19 - Normal Parnassus

Here are some old screenshots of my Ranger will make some newer screens soon.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4434/tqit2008090221255620fo3.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8946/tqit2008090221391942he3.jpg

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5199/tqit2008090221451143wp4.jpg

Narcolepcy
09-09-2008, 07:28 PM
If he steals your pets just right click their portrait and dismiss them, then resummon them.

Eric_The_Red
09-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah man you do not want to mess around with with the wolves or liche king with their health reduction prowess, just disband them before you fight the telkines. Just hit them and avoid their attacks and use plague alot. Anyway, I'm about to come face to face with typhon, and i've finally turned my pyromancer into a Conjurer after 45 levels. My main form of attack is the volcanic orb which is now maxed and wreaking havoc although it also took 45 levels to max along with my core dweller. In short, im now at level 48 and typhon beckons...

TimelordDC
09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
First major test for Timelord, my Hunter for the untwinked no-pots job, successfully passed. Polyphemus is down - kiting at its best ;)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1222/screenshot233fz5.jpg

...and guess what I found near the Shipwrecked treasure! Woohoo!!! :rockon:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3068/screenshot234gu1.jpg

The Fallen One
09-09-2008, 08:55 PM
VERY nice find there, Timelord. You won't need any luck with those. :rockon:

Persona
09-09-2008, 09:14 PM
My turn to show off!
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Polyphemus00.jpg
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Polyphemus01.jpg
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Polyphemus02.jpg

And something awhile later, after getting a few new equips
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/GinevraPolyStats.jpg

And this was too good a shot to not take and post, in my opinion:
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Polyphemus03.jpg

TimelordDC
09-10-2008, 12:11 AM
You know what I just realized?

For a low level toon, the best farming place is the swamps after Arachne. Invariably, three Turtle heroes spawn and all in triplets (sometimes doubles but still...). Thats 12000+ xp for my lvl17 toon from heroes alone in one run and it takes hardly 2 minutes with a high DA and study prey.

The Fallen One
09-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Yep. When Storm went through there, he met all 3 turtle heroes in separate mobs, and all of them in triplicate. I also met 3 satyr heroes afterward. One caster, a Ravager, and an archer. :D

Persona
09-10-2008, 12:15 AM
An earlier area would be the stretch of beach just before Megara and the cave. Get the spawn pattern of Turtles in the cave and you're guaranteed two Turtle heroes and everything else. If I remember right, you can run for the whole stretch between twenty four to fourty thousand EXP. The only thing is it takes a bit longer, usually about six to eight minutes.

Narcolepcy
09-10-2008, 12:24 AM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9807/tqit2008090920302748mc3.png (http://imageshack.us)
Here I am killing the gorgons, this was extremely easy as they just stood in that spot while I shot them without shooting back, one of them has metal punch.

I'm wearing theban greaves and the oracles wreath, I'm anticipating very little trouble from any demons all game.
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7637/tqit2008090920485615bl4.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6845/tqit2008090920490442ho0.png (http://imageshack.us)

The Fallen One
09-10-2008, 12:32 AM
I think that you need to worry about the undead more than the demons. There are very few challenges from them (minus the ancient bull) until Act IV.

Narcolepcy
09-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Well ya I was mainly refering to act 4, 68 percent reduced damage oughta make act 4 cake.

Persona
09-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Just got to level 20 at the Arachne Queens and I've got to say, the drops have been abyssmal. I can count on one finger the amount of Epic items I've gotten that I can use.

Narcolepcy
09-10-2008, 06:25 AM
I'm now in act 2, I got some +1 skills stonebinder cuffs a couple of minutes before the minotaurs, take a look at where they died.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/835/tqit2008091002245435we5.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5207/tqit2008091002323809mx2.png (http://imageshack.us)

gasconron
09-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Progress Update:

Gasconron - (Rayearth) 60 Conqueror, Legendary Helos

Kills: 91,927
Time: 1:21:12 (days/hours/minutes)
More info:
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/thumb/e4bd9d224264cc915709ce273b66f7d3c094c239.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/gasconron/ss_file-e4bd9d224264cc915709ce273b66f7d3c094c239.jpg) , http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/thumb/e4bd9d224264cc915709ce273b66f7d3c094c239.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/gasconron/ss_file-e4bd9d224264cc915709ce273b66f7d3c094c239.jpg) , http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/thumb/8ab3b7dd15ae30f87e74f3516658558e215682ba.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/gasconron/ss_file-8ab3b7dd15ae30f87e74f3516658558e215682ba.jpg)

- 3x Grey Sisters: http://www.xfire.com/video/251f2/
- 3x Charon: http://www.xfire.com/video/251fb/
- 3x Cerberus: http://www.xfire.com/video/25200/
- 3x Undead Typhon: http://www.xfire.com/video/25203/
- 3x Hades: http://www.xfire.com/video/25206/

* Finally, after a series of marathons only playing this char I finally manage to get him to Legendary. Although most of Epic was cheese cake-walk to me, Act 4 wasn't so friendly to me with those freaking archers. I have found a new hate for Empusas and they replaced the machae archs as the most annoying critter on my list; always having my energy at 0 forcing me to chug blue pots down like a mad man.
*My kill count jumped from 36.7k to 91.9, a HUGE difference from when I finished Normal. I guess if you really scrape every area your bound to finish the kill count req easy. It was fun bum-rushing xmax Epic and just blasting through it. Now in Legendary, I hope to slow it down and actually be careful, or all I've worked for until now might go to waste...and that would be :cry:...

@Eric: Hello, if you kindly update my record on the LB, the correct format update is posted on top of this post... thanks in advance.:rockon:

*Now finally back to my other chars.

GIAMarcos
09-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Nice drop Timelord, I also found Atlas' bracers on the beach.
Also with a Hunter, and also an untwinked Hunter :P

But he's not for the no-pots challenge.

Just started my untwinked no-pots char, a Ritualist.
Hector (Ritualist) lvl6 Normal Helos :P
2 points in regrowth, maxed acelerated growth and 1 point in HoO
The next skillpoints I will save up for pumping into the dream mastery to get ToC.

Till now it's working fine, hopefully it will work fine till Legendary Hades :P

zerit
09-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Ritualist should work for no pots challenge.
From what I've tried until now dream and nature are good starting masteries for this challenge.

Eric_The_Red
09-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Just thought i'd post my progress at typhon. Level 49 now and im gonna take a few more shots at typhon considering my conjurer takes him down so easily.

gasconron
09-10-2008, 10:34 AM
@eric: wow is that still in normal? your time is almost as long as it took me to beat norm and epic in my conq... mine is just a 4-hour difference longer... :clap:

Eric_The_Red
09-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I like to take my time and level the begesus out of egypt along with typhon who must hate me by now after the 15th run at him. I'm level 50 now.

gasconron
09-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't think I'll be making any more toons for this challenge as I seem to have enough already. Won't be making a no pot no twink toon either cuz heck...I ain't that good. Even playing twinked with no death is already a challenge for me. After I finished Epic on my Conq early early this morning, I proceeded to walk my Diviner from Tower of Judgement till the end of Normal. As usual, now that my Diviner is in Epic as well all boss fight highlighted "red" will be posted as vids. So here are the standings of all the toons I have:

Progress Updates: ALL chars are twinked!!

1. Gasconron - (Rayearth) 60 Conqueror, Legendary Helos
*no retry :rockon:

2. Gasconron - (Lajoya) 49 Elementalist, Epic Athens
*no retry :clap:

3. Gasconron - (Fylio) 48 Diviner, Epic Helos
*no retry :clap:

4. Gasconron - (Ashtrix) 29 Brigand, Normal Thebes
*1st retry; currently levelling up via Pharaoh runs.

5. Gasconron - (Hagerdin) 19 Ranger, Normal Parnassus
*3rd retry...takes FOREVER :( :knockout: :(

6. Gasconron - (Miyake) 22 Soothsayer, Normal Athens
*1st retry; currently accumulating more kill count via Monster Encampment (on the road to Athens)

7. Gasconron - (Theadora) 5 Nature+maybe Rogue, Normal Helos
* Wanna try to mix poison + plague + traps together... PLEASE tell me ahead of time if this is a bad idea.

JUST to give u and idea how long I've played this week for this challenge... This doesn't include the hours I played on my night-shift job where I had no Internet and my xfire was off so hour counter was not running. *sigh* severe addiction :(

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/gasconron.png (http://profile.xfire.com/gasconron)

- - my conq and casters deserve a long rest, might not touch them till this weekend, unless I'm up for another marathon. k that's it for me, I gotta go to class. laterz!!!

nzone
09-10-2008, 10:01 PM
just installed fanpatch 1.15RC;

yerkyerk: I expect to see more difficult opponents from this patch?

anyway, Sapros only drops in Legendary right?

little progress update; Sophia (defender) is lvl 15 now.

Narcolepcy
09-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Update on my no twink no pots toon. This was the easiest boss fight yet, my strategy was to stand there and let them hit me, its not like they could hurt me or anything.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1342/tqit2008091020272615lr9.png (http://imageshack.us)

nzone
09-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Sophia is lvl 20; taking bath at the Phocian Swamps while eating turtle BBQ.

gasconron
09-11-2008, 04:52 AM
hi guys... a lil' help here, I have 2 pieces of my armor in my hardcore ele that have not been charmed/relic'd yet... I'll be hitting max pierce resist and a decent 50-60 ele resists in Legendary (wihtout the bonuses from the skill passives) but my poison resist is very poor. Any1 know of a charm/relic that has a nice bonus to poison res?

I am currently in Epic atm and about to approach the area filled with rouges in act 1 that uses envenom ench...don't really wanna continue on till i fix this problem.

- i know that star of the elysium has a good resist bonus to poison, but my damage input is very reliant on the 2 rings I have atm (2 seals of hephaestus that boosts my fire damage +160% +)

Creslyn
09-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Pristine Plumage looks like what you want.

yerkyerk
09-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Well, I've started this challenge again. I've decided to let go on the Diviner idea - though I like the class, I'm too impatient for it to see through the challenge without ramming into every mob I'll see, which will inevitably led to it's demise. So, I've started a... Soothsayer! Yes, another one. This time untwinked, no pots, no scrolls, no esc+exit (don't do that ever), no Marduk's Tablet (as if I'd find one...), not sure on my policy for buying items from merchants at all - I think I'm gonna do this entirely without the merchants help, save for the few bucks they give me for loot. He's the Yerkmeister.

Anyway, at level 12ish, started out as a Wanderer because I wouldn't want to start this without Regrowth. Got a Liche and 2 Wolves atm. Doing fine, though not sure if I can keep my interest in this challenge.

@nzone: only some opponents have increased somewhat, being actually equipped and probably with a few more skills for some. I'm not sure if it makes a much notable difference. The aim was not to increase their difficulty. We'll do that in the balance patch.

gasconron
09-11-2008, 08:01 AM
@yerkyerk: i feel the same way you do with the diviner class. at first i was really happy with my caster diviner because it walked through acts 1, 2 & 3 normal the fastest out of all the chars i've created. needless to say being a smooshie and all it's limited range requires you to go closer to mobs, more than casters are usually recommended to, often resulting to getting shredded by archers in a mix mob or a pure range mob.. Although a lot of stress has been alleviated off my diviner since I began Epic, I doubt it will survive Prowlers and Dragonians once I hit Act 3. Now I'm actually considering the idea of -100% recharge Enslave Soul to take care of ranged problems...but we'll see as I haven't reached that point of need yet.

I played only bit with Ele last night and got her from Delphi to Gorgon Queens (currently farming them). Hit the 55k kill mark for an Ele. I plan to finish the required no. of kills for the challenge on my Ele in Epic, as it would require me EXTREME caution to progress in Legendary with a caster. I do not plan to explore excessively in Legendary unless its regarding to getting to a boss we are required to kill in the challenge (i.e. Manticore, Hydra & Dragon Lich).

Majority of my play time last night was spent on my soothsayer. As usual the process is quite very slow and tedious but as I level up more and the quality of my pets increase the less problems I'm having. I got her from Athens to the waypoint in between Rhakotis and Memphis (forgot what it's called) and now lvl 26. So far no problems... only that my kill count is pathetic.

yerkyerk
09-11-2008, 08:40 AM
A yes, I didn't get the impression that my Diviner would make it either past Epic Act 3/4 or else Legendary Act 3/4. Even with a 30-40 health regen, 20%damage absorption, lots of maxed resistances, the deathchill aura and two pets to take the aggro, it easily died to a random Act 4 mob in Normal. That couldn't have been a success,.

Anyway, the killcount isn't necessary on a petmancer :) I've experienced +damage rings aren't all that bad on wolves, since they use their basic attack so often.

Eric_The_Red
09-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah i dunno why anyone bothers with diviner casters, with their serious lack of elemental damage

Seufari
09-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Hey guys, I now have two characters past act 1 normal. A Elemenatlist and Ranger, both with 0 deaths and untwinked (but trading drops).

Because this is my first time through the game, I have no idea when it is I need to turn off XmaX for the specific bugged boss fight. If someone could tell me when this fight is that would be great. Please be specific.

Thanks

yerkyerk
09-11-2008, 10:33 AM
There are only two occurences that never go well; first, the Giant statues somewhere in Act 2 near Giza. Second, the conquer the flag sidequest in Act 4, not far after Elysium. Sometimes you can get other problems, with bosses not appearing, but you'll notice soon enough. I always do the missions first on xMAX, so I know I'm doing the full challenge. Than I exit and redo them normally.

Anyway, trading equipment, even between two contestors, is twinking... not that that's something bad, but I wouldn't call it untwinked.

Eric_The_Red
09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
It'll be for the Sphinx Quest in Giza with the big statue bosses

nzone
09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
@yerkyerk: I noticed the Itcherian(spelling?) is now carrying a shield. Oh it's the first time ever I got a 'Essence of Hermes..." drop :shifty: On the hand, I got 2-3 greens drop in 3+ hours...no epic drop at all? It seemed I have more chance without the 1.15RC patch hmmmm.

Maybe I'll start another char; first as Warfare then a Harbinger.

Persona
09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
You'll notice that you may find a bunch of Epic drops that'll come all at once, nzone.

Personally, on my Ginevra (Evoker), I've gotten tons of Epic stuff but all for melee built characters. I've only gotten a single caster Epic and it isn't phantasmal to begin with.

TimelordDC
09-11-2008, 12:30 PM
The fanpatch doesn't increase the drop rate as such. It just makes sure the random seed is reasonably random.
In the vanilla version, if your character gets a bad seed during game start, you will be stuck with it throughout the game.
So, persevere on. I've noticed some times where the monsters hardly drop yellow items and suddenly there will be green MIs, blues, etc (I have even found 2 green bows with Veteran's prefix in vendors and one of them had a really cool suffix too - Destruction or Relentless Power - forgot!)

Seufari
09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
There are only two occurences that never go well; first, the Giant statues somewhere in Act 2 near Giza. Second, the conquer the flag sidequest in Act 4, not far after Elysium. Sometimes you can get other problems, with bosses not appearing, but you'll notice soon enough. I always do the missions first on xMAX, so I know I'm doing the full challenge. Than I exit and redo them normally.

Anyway, trading equipment, even between two contestors, is twinking... not that that's something bad, but I wouldn't call it untwinked.

Thanks,

I wasn't really worried about bosses not appearing and being able to be reset, its just that I heard that one quest was really bugged and could screw up your save game.

As far as twinking goes, I totally see where you are coming from but I always thought of twinking as having perfect gear to use as soon as possible (even when the item may not be available as a drop yet). Since I am not putting more than 1 level between these two characters, I cannot twink. So there's my 2cents...

yerkyerk
09-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Heh, well, there's certainly difference in twinking and twinking - if I twink, I do it with full force (importing Legendary SBC's and the stuff).

As for the randomization; it resets every 10 minutes. A great fix by our beloved lued :) I only found two epics yet, and both within 1 minute. Both rather worthless for my Soothsayer, but still... I also found a bunch of formulae on my first try.. heh, now I'm in need of artifacts.

nzone
09-11-2008, 01:01 PM
By the way, great job on your team working on the fanpatch. The install process is smooth.

epic drops in act 1 normal doesn't do any good for me anyways. I am waiting to get my first Sapros or Dragontonge artifact. :(

TimelordDC
09-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Sapros drops only in Legendary :)

CAP007
09-11-2008, 01:33 PM
CAP007-(Exceter) 59 Templar, Epic Rhodes

nzone
09-11-2008, 02:27 PM
yep, I've been farming Poly****** in Legendary Megara for Sapros. Apparently, his chest holds only 4-5 items and almost always yellow items. Perhaps, everyone farm him so much that he gets poorer? :)

Persona
09-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Yea, the randomisation fix does me a world of good but so far, my Evoker to be is having a tough time. Two artifact formulae, a bunch of melee epics and some green stuff, most of which I had to buy.

yerkyerk
09-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm still contemplating wether I should buy stuff or leave the vendors for what they are entirely - it certainly wouldn't create to much of a problem. I can also do without the relic removal guy - just not without him creating artifacts, I need vendors for money and ofcourse I need the Mystic for reallocation of stat points when I get enough +skills.

The most annoying things about not potting is chronically drained energy bar - I already invested a bunch of points in DC purely for that - I wonder how other non-potting toons get around this problem?

zerit
09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
yep, I've been farming Poly****** in Legendary Megara for Sapros. Apparently, his chest holds only 4-5 items and almost always yellow items. Perhaps, everyone farm him so much that he gets poorer? :)

When farming Polly for an unique mace you have higher chance of obtainig it for direct drop than from his chest. If I remeber corectly from an older thread chances from direct drop are 10 time higher than chest drop. Barmanu, who wear 2 maces, has better chance than Poly, so if you have an 100 CtAP character it will be a good place to farm.

The most annoying things about not potting is chronically drained energy bar - I already invested a bunch of points in DC purely for that - I wonder how other non-potting toons get around this problem?

I've done some tries for no pots challenge and the most appropriate mastery for this is dream (1pt in DW then go stright for ToC). Anyway is a very slow evolution to wait all the time for life and mana replenish so you will need a lot of patience for this challenge.

Persona
09-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Dream! Honestly, though, I planned my character based on a character I read about from somewhere else and a Seer + Pyromancer just fit so well, so having 17 Energy regeneration and 27 Health regeneration just a bonus. It did start out painfully slow. I farmed the farmlands of Helos till I was level 9 before I could even get to the Satyr Shaman with any Energy at all.

yerkyerk
09-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Well, that's a weird occurence.. level 9 before the Satyr Shaman?

I bet the Soothsayer is best fit for this challenge though; little outgoing energy (mainly for summoning, sometimes for Plague and Regrowth), little outgoing health (I let my slaves fight for me) and it's all replenishable with Dark Covenant and Regrowth. Still, it brings a whole new dimension to the game - I look at my energybar as some sort of powerbar right now... it used to be a rather useless blue bar. This is at least somewhat interesting :)

nzone
09-11-2008, 03:20 PM
When farming Polly for an unique mace you have higher chance of obtainig it for direct drop than from his chest. If I remeber corectly from an older thread chances from direct drop are 10 time higher than chest drop. Barmanu, who wear 2 maces, has better chance than Poly, so if you have an 100 CtAP character it will be a good place to farm.

I'll abuse Bermanu then if the chance of getting Sapros is better. :D
Thanks.

TimelordDC
09-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes, health and energy regen are already a big problem for me as Hunter with maxed Volley and Scattershot.

I have a set of crappy items that I bought from the vendors - not good stats but each of them give 40-60% health and mana regen. Turn on Herbal Remedy (1 point) and base regen is 5 (armor gives +1). With those items, the regen rate jumps to around 12. It still takes a long time but hey, thats where the books come in :)
Till I get to Egypt and Ankhs of Isis, I have to be happy with this.

yerkyerk
09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Energy potions should be forbidden in the game :D

nzone
09-11-2008, 03:33 PM
What about the the 'crescent....' thing socket it to the ring/amulet would solve energy problem? If you're lucky, found the ring/amulet with the -% energy use better.

I won't do Legend of Immortality challenge until I complete a twink challenge. :)

gasconron
09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Heh, well, there's certainly difference in twinking and twinking - if I twink, I do it with full force (importing Legendary SBC's and the stuff)...

Atta boy!!! If you twink... TWINK IT the hell out!!! :rockon::razz::rockon: Legendaries, Incarnations, Divines in normal... :)

Energy potions should be forbidden in the game :D

My -80% recharge ele and diviner, will slap you...

Narcolepcy
09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I've been getting around the energy problem with my no potter mostly with patience, and having a book to read while you wait helps a bit. It doesn't really make the game that much harder, but certainly longer.

yerkyerk
09-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I've been getting around the energy problem with my no potter mostly with patience, and having a book to read while you wait helps a bit. It doesn't really make the game that much harder, but certainly longer.

A big book? Seriously.. hehe :clap:I thought I had energy problems...

Persona
09-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Haha, I've got a computer, a laptop and a television side by side so I just go from screen to screen to screen. Interestingly enough, I've actually yet to encounter a situation where I completely run out of Energy since Helos.

I've farmed Golden Fleece relics till I completed a few and managed to land myself a -8% recharge completion bonus. Throw in a nearly two Hectate's Crescent relic and I've got 934 Energy with 17 regen per second. With Distory Reality and Distortion Wave at 106 and 134 Energy respectively, I wipe out entire groups of enemies before they ever come close to taking me out and then I move on, giving myself time to regen. If I do need to take time to regen, though, I do have my other two screens to occupy myself.

Narcolepcy
09-12-2008, 12:11 AM
I've always wanted to have a tv by my computer, all I have is a radio though.:(

Persona
09-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Take it from me, it's extremely counter productive when you need to do work, either for monetary means or for school.

Edit:
I'm moving at a snail's pace compared to Narcolepcy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G78DUBkJEy4
Ginevra, level 23 Evoker vs xMax Gorgons.
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Gorgons00.jpg
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Gorgons01.jpg
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Ginevra/Gorgons02.jpg

zerit
09-12-2008, 04:56 AM
I will try a templar for no pots challenge. I hope that ToC + Rally/Inspiration will solve life and mana regen.

Eric_The_Red
09-12-2008, 05:20 AM
Well i havent played my no pots guy for a while but ill throw up some progress on em. Merlin lvl 20 athens battle ground.

yerkyerk
09-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Hm, I don't have that program to keep all that extra information. Is it stored somewhere? I haven't used any pots yet, but I don't know if pot usage is registered by the game..

level 18 now I think, ready for a face off against the 9 Gorgon Sisters. 1 Maxed out Liche, 2 level 7 Wolves and a bunch of buffing and debuffing tools.

gasconron
09-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Hm, I don't have that program to keep all that extra information. Is it stored somewhere? I haven't used any pots yet, but I don't know if pot usage is registered by the game..

level 18 now I think, ready for a face off against the 9 Gorgon Sisters. 1 Maxed out Liche, 2 level 7 Wolves and a bunch of buffing and debuffing tools.

You have to download Defiler. Isn't it ironic? You have to download the ultimate cheat tool to prove you're not cheating? :)

yerkyerk
09-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Hehe, yea. I especially like the adjust buttons next to number of deaths and killcounts :D:D:D

gasconron
09-12-2008, 09:01 AM
@yerkyerk: :razz: if that was the case... then all of us would just beat legendary ASAP and just adjust that in the end. but of course there is no use nor value in being proud of a "fabricated lie"... i LOVE twinking and bending the rules...but outright cheating is a "no no" in my book.

It's friday today and i have a 13 hour workshift and a 16 hour work shift tommorow... all of which will be spent working at my post while playing TQ. well I started my conq again even though i said i'd wait till the weekend. Now that I'm in Legendary I plan to increase my kill count to farm Gorgons (to get an SBC of alclarity, just to brag that I actually have one:razz: cuz I have 2 sucky ones) and get another Revenant Crown with an Impenatrable affix at Valley Tombs, as a swap helm for what I'm currently using atm. I know It's gonna be a long process and I'm probably gonna exceed the required kill count for this challenge and still not get the stuff I'm looking for...but it's all good. I'll post my drops in this thread if you guys don't mind. :)

*In defiler they should have a display there: "Mostly Killed Monster" : that would be gorgons and Gilded Skellies for me

* Edit: meh, changed my mind about farming Revenants...those buggers take FOREVER, ill be bored to death. I forgot max ignore pain boosts pierce resists and im always in onslaught anyways. with max ignore im at 75% pierce res... and insignificant +5% ain't gonna change much.

GIAMarcos
09-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi guys,

I'm also doing the no-pots challange. And ofcourse also suffering from low energie :P
It's kinda funny that now the health bar isn't the main bar to look at but the energy bar. Because energy is keeping me alive (Regrowth) But I hope that I will fix the problems once I get ToC.
But we will see.

Good luck all with the challenge!
Too bad I can't play TQ this weekend, so have to wait till monday to defeat Nesus with my Ritualist.

nzone
09-12-2008, 12:24 PM
@yerkyerk: The fanpatch removed the 'percent' out of Betrachos greaves? I thought the boot is not bug. Given it a flat number, all of sudden the Betrachos Greaves become useless. The chance of getting the boots is the same like the chance of getting Stonebinder's Cuff or Revenant Plate; given it's that rarity its' unique attribute should be retained. If anyone says the attribute is overpowering, we can also say the same about the Stonebinder's Cuff and Revenant Plate? :knockout:

zerit
09-12-2008, 01:05 PM
@yerkyerk: The fanpatch removed the 'percent' out of Betrachos greaves? I thought the boot is not bug. Given it a flat number, all of sudden the Betrachos Greaves become useless. The chance of getting the boots is the same like the chance of getting Stonebinder's Cuff or Revenant Plate; given it's that rarity its' unique attribute should be retained. If anyone says the attribute is overpowering, we can also say the same about the Stonebinder's Cuff and Revenant Plate? :knockout:

Actually the drop chance of Batrachos Greaves is 10 times lower than SBC. More of that, almost half of them are without affixes. In my opinion it's not worth farming them even without the fanpach.

TimelordDC
09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Thats a nice trick there Persona and unlike Death count, the potions is not editable...I like that :)

I will post screens when I get home after work but as an update, my Hunter is parked at the fountain before entering the Labyrinth at lvl24. Still deciding on a second master...

gasconron
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM
i see we have expert farmers here... Just another question on farming. i know that "Most wanted MI's" thread state that possibilities of revenant is poor. Something like 15k skellies before you get 1 to drop, or something close to that, but has this really been the case?

What were your experiences concerning this MI. I just want to have 1 piece of each to get the whole set (with double affixes if possible), so far I only have 1 piece of the set w/ a double affix. Doesn't fanpatch enable revenant greaves to be dropped?

TimelordDC
09-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi gasconron, the Most Wanted MI thread actually makes an approximation of the number of kills required. If you know probability, you know what I am talking about.

For example, the SBCs have 0.00396 of dropping from a Gorgon boss monster. This doesn't mean that you'll have to kill 252 Gorgon bosses to get 1. Its just an approximation based on the multiplier required to get the probability to 1 (which, any math student will tell you, is wrong - unless the game is designed in such a way that there are 252 Gorgon bosses in one game session and SBCs have to drop in one game session - which isn't the case here).

So, yes, Revenant MIs have a very, very poor drop rate but you might get them on your first run (or on the 30,000th run :))
Personally, its too much trouble for those items when the only useful thing is the +2 skills. Since the max is +4 and you have a ton of skill points by late game anyway, they are not that useful (SBCs plus anything else that gives +1 skills should be enough, anyway, to get to +4)

gasconron
09-12-2008, 02:01 PM
@Timelord DC: I know but it's just like Hellfire's Torch/Annihilus in Diablo. you don't really need them, but you just want them for show... :p I got my 1 and only 2 affix rev crown by accident when I was just feeling curious exploring other tombs in the Valley other than Tomb of Ramses in Legendary. So when I actually put effort into farming those items I got my 1 affix revenant plate 2 months after that. A big freaking difference, It's like luck of the draw or something and you waste days of playing just for it. :mad:

Persona
09-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I never, ever touch the death count and monsters killed amounts. I messed with them once, a long time ago on my level 73 Spellbinder to see if monster killed amount and amount of deaths affects drops like I read somewhere and it reset all my character statistics so even if I wanted to cheat, I'm supremely paranoid about Defiler messing my character up.

Edit: Meant Spellbreaker.

nzone
09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Actually the drop chance of Batrachos Greaves is 10 times lower than SBC. More of that, almost half of them are without affixes. In my opinion it's not worth farming them even without the fanpach.

By dropping the 'percent' makes it even worst.

nzone
09-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Personally, its too much trouble for those items when the only useful thing is the +2 skills. Since the max is +4 and you have a ton of skill points by late game anyway, they are not that useful (SBCs plus anything else that gives +1 skills should be enough, anyway, to get to +4)

By having the +skill(s) helps expand your other skills. For example, if I have +6 skills from items, I will have +2 skill points (per skill) to use on other skills. It is useful and make the game even unbalanced.

Persona
09-12-2008, 02:37 PM
The +% from Batrachos Greaves has been there since patch 1.07 or something and they keep saying they'll remove it, since it's a balance issue, not a bug fix but it's still there.

I'm farming Satyr's for a Staff of the Magi or Hood of the Magi.... The latter just to say I've finally gotten one but no luck, yet. I've decimated about 4000 Satyrs in the hunt, so far.

nzone
09-12-2008, 02:46 PM
nope, the +% is no longer there. All of my Betrachos Greaves now have flat DA bonus after applying 1.15RC patch.

Persona
09-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Oops, I meant hasn't been there and that they'll remove the "fix" on it.

gasconron
09-12-2008, 03:40 PM
i'd say the easiest MI to obtain in my opinion are Sabertooth, Shaman stuff, and Staff of the Magi (normal & epic)... these are all according to my experience.

Sabertooth drop like freebie candies in a kid's party, especially in my runs in normal and epic. I always get at least 1 on every char for this challenge. I remember Fylio, my diviner who walks/1-hit kills the mobs with his ToW got 4 sabertooths in normal. Sometimes I wonder if it's really "infrequent". Shame that i don't really use swords in any class i end up merching them.

Same goes for shaman gear and staff of the magi, not as frequent my experience w/ sabertooths but they drop pretty often. Of course whether their affixes are ubers is a whole different story.

As for Batrachos gear, I've never seen a greaves drop my entire time playing. Only Batrachos I found was the Cuirass, which my tweaked Briggy wears atm.

TimelordDC
09-12-2008, 03:58 PM
You are forgetting the Deathweaver and the Outrider sets. :)

Sabretooths are nice but getting one of those uber-ones (like Veteran's of Reckless Power or Veteran's of Devouring, etc) is really tough. I have one of those (forgot the suffix but it is Veteran's) on my Harbinger in Legendary now and those are insane :)

nzone
09-12-2008, 04:01 PM
heheh maybe the sabertooth is too long to fit in the tigerman's pocket? :D

gasconron
09-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Progress Update:

Gasconron - (Rayearth) 62 Conqueror, Legendary Rhakotis
* Almost lvl 63, just a couple of 100,000's more.

Kills: 107,599
Time: 2:3:1 (Days/Hours/Mins)

- 3x Leg Nessus: http://www.xfire.com/video/25e95/
- 3x Leg Polyphemus: http://www.xfire.com/video/25e98/
- 3x Leg Arachne: http://www.xfire.com/video/25e9b/
- 3x Leg Gorgon Queens: http://www.xfire.com/video/25e9e/
- 3x Leg Hydra: http://www.xfire.com/video/25ea6/
- 3x Leg Alastor: http://www.xfire.com/video/25ea7/
- 3x Leg Talos: http://www.xfire.com/video/25ea9/
- 3x Leg Mino Lord & Telkine 1: http://www.xfire.com/video/25eb0/

*** With 3x Hydras out of the picture, I feel that the title is almost "in-the-bag." Only 3x Toxeus & 3x Barmanu are IMHO major threats to my Conqueror. Why not Typhon and Hades, you ask? Well that's cuz I eat them for breakfast... :) (everytime any of my chars are in need of a purple or a divine artifact my non-xmax challenge conq farms these 2 clowns in xmax with ease...killing them kinda became 2nd nature to me playing a conqueror). Provided that I don't get lag-spiked, fall asleep while playing or just become too ridiculously cocky...it's pretty much a done deal. :razz: Max Colossus, Battle Standard, fan-patch Triumph and Doom Horn FTW...big time :clap:.

*** I'll be having late night work tonight and tommorow night, and I'll be using that time to hopefully finish Legendary Act 2 & 3. I'll keep you guys updated. :lol: Can't wait to finish this challenge with Conq, so I can finally play my Ele and actually use skill to finish the challenge; rather than long hours of potion chugging and chopping mobs.

Narcolepcy
09-12-2008, 08:05 PM
I have a short TQ attention span, meaning I play at least 4 chars at once, but heres an update. This was rather easy as I just avoided all of their attacks and hit em with dw.
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8207/tqit2008091217011787as1.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2599/tqit2008091217035482ew3.png (http://imageshack.us)

yerkyerk
09-12-2008, 08:17 PM
About the Batrachos Greaves, they were accidentily nerfed in the fanpatch. Though honestly, they were stupidly overpowered if used in the right way (to attain 2000DA that is). That doesn't mean they should be nerfed, it's not the job of the bugfix, but rather the balance patch to do that.

As for the MI's, Ichtian Whompers are easily found and can be good. Batrachos Greaves aren't all that rare, not in my experience at least. Don't want them and don't need them.

@Narcolepsy; that's one ugly armor on your toon :)

And the xMAX mod doesn't work on the Secret Passage.. so no 3x Toxeus, too bad.

I'm currently farming the Gorgon sisters for some lousy +1 armgear before I move on.

gasconron
09-12-2008, 08:35 PM
from what i heard toxeus can also be a random spawn in any Legendary cave or tomb. And as I am exploring every area in the game, including tombs and caves I'm bound to find him somehow, somewhere... if he spawns in caves wont he be 3x there?

I'm hearing he tends to spawn a lot in the Minoan Labyrinth, so I'll just re-run that area over and over till he spawns...and I'll be waiting for him with my +xx-xxx% less damage from undead gear.. (hmwahahahaha!!!):clap:

Persona
09-12-2008, 11:10 PM
I know they were accidentally nerfed in the fanpatch, yerk. It's the fact that the accidental nerf hasn't be corrected till now which is putting people off.

gasconron
09-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Done with Legendary Act 2!!! I'm at work so I can't post the progress report and videos. Atm I'm just xp farming and MI farming on my conq.

Farming Pharoah Statues, Gorgon Queens and Typhon to gain xp as a hardcore char got old. I evolved and am now farming Hydras...lol (didn't really see that coming myself as I was really afraid of them before). They yeild just as much or even more than Legendary Hades 3x (approx 120k xp each run only takes 2-3 minutes)...probably the most time efficient xp farm, ONLY if you deem it safe for your char, which is a "yes" in my case. 20 runs so far and still going. Too bad, if only the chest drops were just as good as the xp reward that would make it even more worthwhile.

lvl 64 atm, might lvl myself till 65-66 then proceed with Act 3. I smell the end...hmmm. within my reach.:rockon:

yerkyerk
09-13-2008, 06:15 AM
@gasconron; I think only set heroes will triple spawn - heroes I incidentally meet never come in groups of three.

I've added the Batrachos Greaves fix to the bugtracker, so we won't forget about it.

nzone
09-13-2008, 11:58 AM
I think Earthen Barrier shield has a bug. It has +24/18 Fire/Lightning damage but when equip it, it does not increase the damage.

gasconron
09-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Progress Report:

Gasconron - (Rayearth) 65 Conqueror, Legendary Rhodes
* Currently farming Typhon/Hydra, whichever is safer till lvl 66.

Kills: 130,040
Time: 2:13:37 (Days/Hours/Minutes)

- 3x Scarab: http://www.xfire.com/video/263c2/
- 3x Manticore: http://www.xfire.com/video/263c5/
- 3x Scorpos: http://www.xfire.com/video/263c7/
- 3x Pharaoh Guards: http://www.xfire.com/video/263c9/
- 3x Telkine Act 2: http://www.xfire.com/video/263d1/
- 3x Sand Wraith Lord: http://www.xfire.com/video/263d3/
- 3x Chimera: http://www.xfire.com/video/263d5/
- 3x Barmanu: http://www.xfire.com/video/263da/
- 3x Gargantuan Yeti: http://www.xfire.com/video/263db/
- 3x Colossal Peng: http://www.xfire.com/video/263e1/
- 3x Terra Cotta Sorc: http://www.xfire.com/video/263e4/
- 3x Dragon Lich: http://www.xfire.com/video/263f5/
- 3x Yao Guai: http://www.xfire.com/video/26513/
- 3x Telkine Act 3: http://www.xfire.com/video/26516/
- 3x Typhon: http://www.xfire.com/video/26517/

I just soldiered my way on to finish this. I am on schedule and my kill count will definitely hit goal after Act 4. Breezing through Act 2 Legendary was okay, but what halted my progress was when I go to Chang An region and beyond.

I really had to slow my pace down cuz monsters were hitting hard and those Firetalons were a pain. I had to wait for my War horn and my Battle Standard to recharge before I agro another group. I'm being extra cautious because I'm very close to my goal wouldn't wanna mess up in the end-zone.

I had a couple of close calls in Act 3. One being in Barmanu, as you will see in the video, and the other one in Wusou Mountains. XMAX Lich Lords are a PAIN! if you're meele, don't even try... I recommend that if you are doing this challenge and you see them that you restart your game until they are no longer the spawn for that necessary area you have to pass along. :whistle: I had good resists on almost everything except energy leech, and they are hitting dangerously hard. It's actually ironic that I ran away from them like a sissy, while I engaged everyone's feared Dragonians in "impressive Leeroy fashion" :rockon:

I have another 16 hour work shift tonight, most of the time Ill be using to finish Act 4 and thus the challenge. All these all-nighters to finish this challenge ASAP on my conq is taking a toll on my body. I feel like im about to pass out.:knockout:

Persona
09-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Dragonian Lancers are pushovers, so long as you can hit fast enough and you've got sufficient ADCtH. It's the Firetalons, when you get into a middle of them, and can't get out of their barrage in time that'll get you killed.

Also, I know most people aren't concerned about this but since I completed the challenge untwinked with my Conqueror, I was wondering if there is going to be a recognition between who twinked their characters and who did not? It seems kind of pointless for me to have farmed all my gear if there isn't going to be some kind of distinction.

@yerkyerk: Please and thank you.

gasconron
09-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Dragonian Lancers are pushovers, so long as you can hit fast enough and you've got sufficient ADCtH. It's the Firetalons, when you get into a middle of them, and can't get out of their barrage in time that'll get you killed.

Also, I know most people aren't concerned about this but since I completed the challenge untwinked with my Conqueror, I was wondering if there is going to be a recognition between who twinked their characters and who did not?

war horn makes them sitting ducks... :) im pretty sure there will be distinction. everyone knows in this thread that you are a better and more xp'd player than i am and that i twinked mine really hard. so i'm sure people who are in the "twinked leaderboard" atm will have a different recognition than those of you in the "immortals halls"... aric might put *twinked or *untwinked later on after our names. i feel what you mean bro.

TimelordDC
09-13-2008, 05:55 PM
How about the following categories?

The Olympians - untwinked, no-pots challenge
The Lesser Gods - untwinked, regular challenge
The Legends - twinked, regular challenge

Immortal is already being used in the Achievements thread :)

gasconron
09-13-2008, 06:36 PM
that would make me really jealous and force me to create a no pots no twink char that ill never finish... :( j/k..

actually, it just all the same to me. the fact that the equipment i used was farmed by me, no matter which char farmed it makes it all the same to me...but then again there are lots of people out there who are super hardcore and wanna push themselves to the limits.

however, i know the limit of my capabilities, im happy with what i have. :)

yerkyerk
09-13-2008, 08:24 PM
@nzone;
it might not be a bug, perhaps the +lightning (is it % or flat damage?) only applies to shield attacks. I think it works that way on some shield affixes, but I'm not sure which.

@gasconron;
16 hour workshifts? And you take that time to speed up your toons? Exactly what is your job description? Btw, I wouldn't run from a fight; whichever challenging enemy I see, one of us has to visit the eternal hunting fields. Well, actually I'm just gonna stand by and let my little army do the work for me :D Generals stay behind, heavily guarded, from a safe distance. Unless the enemy is weaksauce ofcourse, than(sp?) I'll march ahead to inspire the troops.

gasconron
09-13-2008, 09:02 PM
@ yerkyerk: our college library is open 24 hours, so they need student workers to stay up and watch over the area. Basically i get paid 9$ an hour to play PC games and surf the web... lol :evil::razz::evil:.

for me, when you give up sleep to speed level your toon doing the same monotonous stuff to, i'll do whatever it takes to keep it alive. :)

About to get out of the Taskonian ruins...my first time clearing the area (so technically I'm farming Anourans) my bag is full of MI's I'm impressed these froggies have a lot of nice stuff with them (i.e. batra cuirass, mbuti's advoc, bramb bow). I got my first EVER bramblewood bow drop and was excited over it due to my lack of good bows; I thought I finally had a nice gift to my ranger toon...only to find out that besides the base stats the only bonus it had was 50+ vitality damage, I was utterly diappointed. :(

nzone
09-13-2008, 11:45 PM
yerkyerk: The fire and lightning are flat damages. It is had to tell if they apply to the shield attack only since I am a juggernaut. All other affixes work like the +health + Defense Ability + resistences. May be flat damage is shield attack only. I know the +% like the Shield of Korybantes add to the base damage.

nzone
09-13-2008, 11:47 PM
If you're IT support working grave yard shift...you can game all night long LOL

CAP007
09-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Wow Epic Hades was hard! Ok catching up on some screen shots from epic
Manticore
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/ExceterManticore.jpg
Talos
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/ExceterTalos.jpg
Toxeus
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/excetertoxeus.jpg

CAP007
09-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Barmanu
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/ExceterBarmanu.jpg
Dragon Lich
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/exundragon.jpg
The ex boatman
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/exccharon.jpg

CAP007
09-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Undead typon
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/exUntyphon.jpg
And finaly Hades
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/epichades.jpg

CAP007
09-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Had never fought epic Hades times three before. Took my farming conquerer in first for some practice. Killed me again and again. But finaly discovered that if you kill one of them the gate drops. So with Exceter I came in pulled in one of them. Was lucky to finish him off with out drawing the other two. Unfortunatley was not able to do it again, so lots and lots of Phantom strike and run into the now open hallway. Extreemly hard hopefuly that will work on Legendary. How did you other melee types deal with him?

Cap007-(Exceter) 61 Templar, Legendary Helos

Persona
09-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Don't know if this helps you but on my Conqueror, I rushed them and took them out, fast. The idea was to not give them time to slowly hurt me but to deal as much damage as possible to make them change form so they spend less time attacking. Probably also not a good idea to have all three in third form unless you have a lot of stun resistance.

gasconron
09-14-2008, 12:42 AM
@CAP007: I'm not so sure if you are using a tweaked or non tweaked char but from what I see in your inventory you are not part of the no-pots challenge. One of my main chars ins a conq (melee) and I have to say Hades is one of the easiest bosses to kill given you have the right setup.

1. Since I'm lazy I boost my resistances up inlcuding vitality to deal with Hades (hallowed helm + leg crystal)(a ring socketed+legendary demon's blood) that pretty much takes care of vit resists. I agro him with Colossus on to avoid getting 1-shotted then lay the smackdown, just chugging a potion for support if ever he's doing any damage to you. If you have 1 pt colossus with at least +4 skills with a decent vit resist and a good overall resist there is no reason why you are taking damage that is worth worrying about.

2. If this is not an option, run around 3x hades until all 3 of them have shot their blobs of doom... and MISSED, agro them and lay the smack down. Their damage in melee range is much safer than their range attack (i can't stress this enough). if you have warfare mastery instead of defense, then put battle standard on instead of colossus. If you have fan patch installed a combination of high investment of pts in BS and Triumph will save your ***. Not only will you get percentage of damage taken decrease, your triumph will decrease your oppoent's damage potential

- (this is why as a conqueror, like myself, a max colossus + BS + triumph will let you waltz your way through ANY boss fight, minimizing/eliminating any need for an actual strategy...with the EXCEPTION of Barmanu in Legendary); *eperienced players* correct me if i'm wrong. However, it really is IMHO a very BROKEN, ABUSABLE, "cookie-cutter" approach to this challenge. Regardless, I use it because I love being a cookie-cutter :lol:

Here is my fight in Epic, and I'll soon post my encounter with him in Legendary.
- 3x Hades (Epic): http://www.xfire.com/video/25206/

TimelordDC
09-14-2008, 02:35 AM
Actually, if you max out your stun resistance, its best to get all three Hades into the third form as quickly as possible. The damage you'll take from whatever they hit you with (or hurl at you) is very minimal compared to the huge physical + vitality damage they do in earlier forms.
My Harbinger did that for Epic. Go in and dodge the first few balls they throw at you, throw Battle Standard, rush in and chew them out. With +3 skills, my dual-wield Harbinger was pretty much hitting all three at the same time. Having 40% ADctH also helped (and 27% damage resistance) :)

For your Templar, Colossus should do the trick very well. I'd say - max out stun resist, get them to third form quickly and have some decent ADctH gear (though its best when coupled with some resistance reducing gear - legendary Shen Nong's and Monkey Tricks should suffice, unless you have Sapros :))

Btw, don't forget Vitality Resistance. That is a must, irrespective of the class you are playing.
I don't know whether any of Hades' attacks does resistance reduction so I always be on the safe side and throw in as much as I can.

nzone
09-14-2008, 03:16 AM
A templar should be able slap hades left and right. Equip with a high end shield, one that could block ~700 damage. Max Focus, quick recovery, distortion field, colossus form. In 24 seconds, you are immune up to ~85 damage absorption (colossus form + ToC); if distortion field kicks in...you're god :) You should be able to drop him quickly if you have good damage dealing.

If you returned from colossus form, run in circle, watch his attack pattern, shield charge when clear, slap left and right, and run. repeat the sequence :lol:

watch the big red blob, after it scattered they are okay.

gasconron
09-14-2008, 06:56 AM
It is done...

Rayearth (Conq) 66, xMax Challenge Completed
* Almost lvl 67, will level up when I officially complete the challenge at 150k kills.

Kills: 144,117 (could have done all the kills last night but I was almost passing out, could barely keep my eyes open. I just wanted to get it over with, while I still had remaining adrenaline to do so. I'll finish up the 6k kills for the requirement after I get a day's rest...I could record another Hades Run after I get the 150k kill count, should you guys require me to do so...)
Time: 2:21:57 (Days/Hours/Minutes)
Equipment: I show all the equipment used after Hades vid, including items I swap depending on the current situation. Only thing edited here are completion bonuses of relics via TQ vault all else are legit and hand-farmed by yours truly.
Progression: See attachment below...
Defiler Stats: (this is why I'm never gonna make a no-pots char :razz:)
- Health Potions Used: 2,553
- Energy Potions Used: 1,269

Videos:
- Toxeus & the SP Crew: http://www.xfire.com/video/26bf6/
- 3x Grey Sisters: http://www.xfire.com/video/26bf7/
- 3x Charon: http://www.xfire.com/video/26bf8/
- 3x Cerberus: http://www.xfire.com/video/26bf9/
- 3x Undead Typhon: http://www.xfire.com/video/26bfd/
- 3x Hades: http://www.xfire.com/video/26c08/

*** It was a LONG gruelling Act 4... I am very thankful that where ever machae archers are there are pillars and walls to hide in. A lot of time was spent on kiting and waiting for warhorn to recharge. No close calls if I recall properly. I pretty much knew that I'd die if I "leeroy'd" so I just stuck to playing with caution. It took hella much longer but I was often better off than I was at the earlier parts of this challenge when I was playing aggresively. The easiest part of Act 4 Legendary on xMax in my opinion were the bosses...everything else was a pain. I am glad it's finally over!!! 6k kills more and Rayearth will officially be part of the "Immortals" :headbang:

Favorite Skills from Conq:
1st (tie): Colossus and Battle Standard/Triumph... Godly Combo at Max +4 skills (makes boss 1-hit killers equivalent to a flea bite)
2nd: Warhorn (I would have never survived Act 3 & 4 Legendary xmax, without this)
3rd (tie): Onslaught & Pulverize

Honorable Mention to Rally ("Panic Button" Skill)... "Divine Health Potion + Rally" in my Conqueror is equivalent to my Elementalist's "SF + Esc"... Saved me from many close calls plenty of times.

MI's I collected during my Legendary Run: I love xMax!!! farmer friendly...
http://www.xfire.com/video/26c0c/

Rayearth in his Victory Costume: http://www.xfire.com/video/26c09/

Rayearth (xmax) and Rayearth (original conq, non xmax):
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/thumb/b67e9a22de480922ad9b60a083751005ffdb30f9.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/gasconron/ss_file-b67e9a22de480922ad9b60a083751005ffdb30f9.jpg), http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/thumb/bed84e7ea85e61695daf45e562f78244463b1647.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/gasconron/ss_file-bed84e7ea85e61695daf45e562f78244463b1647.jpg)
Deleting 5 month-old character:
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/thumb/b8ea4f8cc10700bb928dfd4c75f7d6031052c109.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/gasconron/ss_file-b8ea4f8cc10700bb928dfd4c75f7d6031052c109.jpg)

CAP007
09-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the tips on melee hades, I have no trouble smackin him arround my porblem was avoiding the red blob of death. Always seemed one of them was just far away enough to use it while I was in melee with the other two... splitting them up worked really well, will try to see if I get all three to stay close. I was very lucky to have another character that was close enough to use as a test dummy before I took my Templar in. Not very many people have Killed Hades in Epic or Legendary on xmax without dying.

Nice work Gascaron, I am just starting Legendary. I do no think I am going to have any trouble on the Kill count though, just clearing each map in full has me ahead of where I should be.

Stormbringer
09-14-2008, 01:11 PM
I has defeated epic 3x Hades!
I don't know the tip to taking hades melee. My bone charmer was cruising around them, avoiding red blob of death, and shooting with bow till all of them transformed to 2nd form. Then switched to spear and took melee them, but when I saw red vortex I've carried away and switched again to bow. When red vortex disappearet I got close to them. When gods of dead were in 3rd form I took them melee until they were dead.

I was afraid of dactyls in the hades' palace. Equipped my toon with hale ring + ritual tortured soul and ritual necklace with the same charm. Just for case - I could make mistake during fight with dactyl... -72% dmg from magical is enough to deal with dactyls safely.

nzone
09-14-2008, 02:26 PM
congrats gascaron!

What are you guys damage output in Legendary. My damage output seems to always hit a snag in Legendary.

Eric_The_Red
09-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Nice work Ron! This guy really puts in the hours and deserves some props. I dunno how you havent gotten 150k in kills and with a conqueror of all builds. Guys i'm not gonna make distinctions between twinked and untwinked as i see no difference in the two. If u wanna get recognition for untwinked then there's always no pots. Guys if anything should be nerfed it should be Sapros if we are talking balance. Also i will not post people who use x2,x3,x4 etc. This is an Xmax challenge.

Persona
09-14-2008, 04:39 PM
No difference between twinked and untwinked but not getting 150k kills is a big deal. How is it not different when untwinked characters have to farm their equipment, usually from the most dangerous enemies in the game like Secret Passage and Toxeus, Hydra, Typhon and the rest of the merry bunch of arse****es who have one shotting abilities. Meh, seems like such a waste of time for me to have spent two days to farm a Ferrus Gnosi when I had four sitting inside my TQ Vault or for my Brigand to be farming Secret Passage now, despite Toxeus being able to kill her because of damage reflection. Meh, I've just lost interest in this whole thing with that statement right there.

TimelordDC
09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
I agree with Persona.
Does anyone have a farming character who doesn't have multiple deaths? Using a second char with multiple deaths to farm for items so you can twink your char who should have zero deaths seems (to me) enough reason to have distinction between twinked and untwinked.

Eric_The_Red
09-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Why should i post twinked or untwinked if it's not part of the challenge? But if everyone thinks we should make a distinction i have no problem with it.

TimelordDC
09-14-2008, 05:04 PM
You shouldn't have to. Thats why we are suggesting having Twinked and Untwinked as separate challenges with their own leaderboards :)

CAP007
09-14-2008, 05:21 PM
I have no objection to separate catagories. But I do think that untwinked is such a huge time commitment. Of course untwinked will be higher level at the end. For those who want a ridiculous time challenge check out the "Bloody crown" in the Achievment thread. A untwinked xmax toon would be a great place to start for that. Eric did point out that the challenge as origionaly posted has nothing to do with twinked or untwinked if anything is explicit in that you can twink

nzone
09-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I think what Eric_The_Red meant was the two have the same goal at the end: twink. Persona, what you have done was marvelous but it was not official challenge. You have done it at your own accord. May be having an asterisk next to your name and denote the asterisk with "did not use previous inventory items; but farm for items" ... something along this line.

Personally, I think untwink to me would be something like this. No farming, allow to visit the area only once. You're depending on your luck for items drop. This is probably harder than the no-pot, but it would be the greatest challenge in my book.

TimelordDC
09-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Personally, I think untwink to me would be something like this. No farming, allow to visit the area only once. You're depending on your luck for items drop. This is probably harder than the no-pot, but it would be the greatest challenge in my book.
Actually, this makes sense :)

Anyway, since this is Eric's challenge, I am ok with his decision if he chooses not to split the twinked and untwinked chars.

yerkyerk
09-14-2008, 05:53 PM
I think twinked and untwinked should be listed - either with a seperate list or place them higher at the rank. Untwinked is always harder, thus deserves more credit.

Farming equipment that you use on the same toon is not the same as twinking, because twinking is, in my book, the transfer of items to make your toon more powerful. And that doesn´t happen when you find the stuff yourself.
I don't think no farming is really do-able. Not because it's too hard, but because it's almost impossible to keep track of what areas you visited. Plus, luck becomes a way too huge factor for the toon.

Eric_The_Red
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I've finally knocked off normal hades and have entered the competition. No avoiding projectiles or high DA for me, i'm relying purely on skill. We'll see what happens in epic though but i'm pretty confident. And has anyone noticed that the dweller takes no damage against hades, it's dead set unbelievable.
@Yerk: The skill on might of hephaestus artifact never seems to activate and ive used this artifact for like 6 levels now. Dunno if its a fanpatch thing or not.

yerkyerk
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
@Eric; that item should be unaffected...
See if you can find others to test this?

gasconron
09-14-2008, 07:49 PM
@ Eric & Persona:

I have to admit I skiped a lot in Normal and relied a lot on Boss farming to level me up, but when I started Epic and Legendary I cleaneds up everything; or at least every critter I saw on screen and took my time unlocking all the areas in the map. From 36k kills (end of normal), I jumped to 94k kills (end of epic) then to 144+ k (end of challenge), if you guys see, it's a very big big difference statistically, also goes to show with all the MI's I got at the end of the Legendary Run that I wasn't skipping out on areas... and I would have reached the +6k kills had I invested 2-3 more hours of my time last night...but I was already feeling dizzy I was about to shutdown when I reached Elysium and what kept me going was just for the sake of finishing it, so I just rushed everything from there till Hades. Had I died due to carelessness due to my discomfort, after reaching that far I would have hated myself for it.

*** having said so, after sleeping for 10 hours, I feel like my battery has been recharged. so let me go get that 6k kills shall I?

The Fallen One
09-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I knew I would be beaten by somebody. :p Congrats, gascaron.

Well, Storm has *almost* reached Athens. To be specific, the rebirth fountain in the monster encampment. Here's an update from Megara to here.

This is not the oddest drop I've seen, but weird (the oddest being a lesser health pot from China O.o)
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot07-4.jpg

The mighty bridge-smasher falls.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot08-6.jpg

As does the tree burner.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot11-5.jpg

Some sisters go down.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot18.jpg

The aftermath of my latest scroll. :D
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot25.jpg

And some multiple-headed thing. Not the hardest I've faced, believe it or not, but rather tedious because of her high health.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot26.jpg

Almost Lv. 63

nzone
09-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Eric: Remove Jubai off the progress leader board; he was dead.

Sophia Progress [normal]; she defeated the 3rd Telkine. Leveling up before facing Typhon.

Another update: typhons defeated. It seems like Typhon has low fire resistance. Volcanic Orb kill him easy -- stair dancing -- I know it's cheesey but it works :)

http://home.comcast.net/~n.ith/TQIT/sophia_normal_bermanu.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~n.ith/TQIT/sophia_normal_typhon.jpg

gasconron
09-15-2008, 03:05 AM
Progress Update:

Gasconron - (Rayearth) 67 Conqueror, Completed Challenge

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/a01be6b937b4d83f2e1c7bd988e6136e695bb53a.jpg (http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/gasconron/ss_file-a01be6b937b4d83f2e1c7bd988e6136e695bb53a.jpg)

* Okay guys, it's official. I met all the reqs of the challenge on a twinked char. You won't be hearing from Rayearth anymore until I hit 1 million kills for the "Bloody Crown" title, which will be a long time from now. I scheduled myself to do 10k kills per day from relatively safe farms: Farming for SBCs, Magi Gear, Revenant Gear, Prowlers and Ichtians. I'm pretty curious which one I'll get first though the 1 million kills or reach lvl 75.

* Now of to my caster challenge chars that I miss playing.

Stormbringer
09-15-2008, 05:58 AM
I'm gealous that you have a lot of time to play TQ IT :(
I don't have so much time. Yesterday my girlfriend got angry, while I've been playing TQ IT for 3,5 hrs. :D

But completed succesfully epic difficulty level. She didn't bother me. :D

150k kills, untwinked chars - the requirements are higher and higher... ;)

I will be happy when I'll finish legendary difficulty level without any death. ;P

IRace
09-15-2008, 07:31 AM
hi, well my warden died at level 45 against typhoon, after i killed myself while his thorns were up, the second time after defeating two of them. And i had really good filling about this build it was rock solid. Dreamkiller is still parked. And now i am playing harbinger(level 18 ATM). But i found out the battle standard is still bugged even worse then before funpatch. I havent trient triumph, but damage absorption is really bugged. I have maxed BS and i am still taking the same amount of damage as without battle standard. I really love warfare mastery and bugs are preventing me of playing with it.

Now i will try templar/guardian/spellbinder untwinked. And you guys all think guardian is powerhouse, but which skill make him so powerfull? Maybe heart of oak? plague or.....maybe sanctuary??

yerkyerk
09-15-2008, 07:47 AM
I think Guardian is too slow - perhaps I built him wrong. He's good on the defensive side though. Mine is parked somewhere in Act 1 or 2... boring thing.

gasconron
09-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Progress Update:

Gasconron - (Lajoya) 54 Elementalist, Epic Babylon Outskirts

Kills: 71,825
Time: 1:15:16 (Days/Hours/Minutes)

- 3x Gorgon Queens: http://www.xfire.com/video/271fe/
- 3x Alastor: http://www.xfire.com/video/271ff/
- 3x Talos: http://www.xfire.com/video/27202/
- 3x Mino Lord & Telkine 1: http://www.xfire.com/video/27206/
- 3x Scarabs: http://www.xfire.com/video/27207/
- 3x Manticore (proper way): http://www.xfire.com/video/2720b/
- 3x Maniticore (cheap way): http://www.xfire.com/video/27214/
- 3x Scorpos: http://www.xfire.com/video/27215/
- 3s Pharaoh Guards: http://www.xfire.com/video/273d5/
- 3x Telkine (best demo of "door trick" 5 stars): http://www.xfire.com/video/273d7/
- 3x Sand Wraith Lord: http://www.xfire.com/video/273d8/
- 3x Chimera: http://www.xfire.com/video/273db/

I merrily waltzed my way from Epic Athens to Epic Fayum last night right after finishing my req. 6k kills with the Rayearth (Conq). This character is making speedy progress compared to the conq and cleared out the areas faster than I did during my Epic run... Still clearing maps and cave/tombs with this guy. Everything dies in 1-2 ticks of my RoF tree, so pretty much I'm still walking everyone to death with occasional casting of Stone Form when I go down 75% of health. Ranged critters is no longer an issue for me as my Squall is now maxed, and with - 90+% recharge its almost spammable, and any melee that comes rushing my way gets shredded into pieces by the eruption i cast on myself (or if im feeling lazy i jst let them die via RoF).

Edit: I am no longer "walking mobs to death, as Epic Asia now hits harder than what my toon can handle, I've now stuck to old-school pet-tanking and kiting. I am now using Stone Form with every mob. Progress in terms of speed has been slowed significantly, since it requires me to move at a much slower pace and mobs requires more caution.

I was XP farming via 3x Manticores...yup you heard that right, I'm farming manticores on a caster toon...lol. Death by Stoneform/Energy Shield Combo (with synergies of course) :twisted::rockon::twisted:. It's very cheap I know, but it gets me what I want. I'm really tempted to use a Sacrificial Ammy for the +45% xp but I really don't wanna risk it. So for now I'm getting the 70-75k xp per run boost and I'll abuse it till I no longer need it.

This gameplay is actually refreshing for a change. I love playing casters. When I get back from class, I might soldier my way till end of Act 3 by tommorrow morning. Don't have classes tomorrow anyways.

Stormbringer
09-15-2008, 11:43 AM
I like very much epic temple of hatshepsut and ramses tomb with 3x telkines on the end of this cave. dark obelisks give me great amounts of exp, multipled by +46% exp from sacrifical necklace and some legendary headgear (i don't remember exact name).

My HC bone charmer has 58 lvl now and gets experience from that areas. About 1/6 exp needed to next lvl. Safe and quick.

TimelordDC
09-15-2008, 04:55 PM
An update - My Hunter is past Normal Typhon (after farming endless Gorgons and Tigermen for Sentinel's and Prowler's items) and is now farming the area near Rhodes for a Bramblewood bow.

I am still undecided as to the second Mastery. :(

gasconron
09-15-2008, 05:05 PM
An update - My Hunter is past Normal Typhon (after farming endless Gorgons and Tigermen for Sentinel's and Prowler's items) and is now farming the area near Rhodes for a Bramblewood bow.

I am still undecided as to the second Mastery. :(

@TimelordDC: WOW!!! How are you guys going through all these areas with so little life??!! You're like Gods... Goodluck with the Bramblewood. I must've killed all the Anourans in my run and Legendary and only got 1 to drop...what's worse it was 1 pathetic 1-affix bow whose only bonus was 59 vitality damage.:mad:

GIAMarcos
09-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey Timelord, are you still doing the no-pots challenge with your hunter?
Is it managable, against barmanu, typhon etc?
Don't know if I will ever get that far :P

Still in Helos with my no-pots Ritualist, but didn't play since thursday.

nzone
09-15-2008, 06:08 PM
I like very much epic temple of hatshepsut and ramses tomb with 3x telkines on the end of this cave. dark obelisks give me great amounts of exp, multipled by +46% exp from sacrifical necklace and some legendary headgear (i don't remember exact name).

My HC bone charmer has 58 lvl now and gets experience from that areas. About 1/6 exp needed to next lvl. Safe and quick.

Even normal it is a good place to level up. I equip gears with +%exp (30%, could do 40% -- weapon too slow...or I could go to like +85%exp along with one of those amulat). With 30%exp, 2.25 run yield me 1 level.

GIAMarcos
09-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Played a little time on my no-pots char.
Having a quite hard time with it, no near death moments.
But he isn't able to de a lot of damage, have to take out Nessus one by one, and after that wait till my energy bar is full to be able te cast regrowth and do some PS.

But bought myself some caster gear that boosts my energy renegeration to 5 or something, so every time I killed one of the three Nessus, I switch to my caster gear and wait till energy is fully regenerated :P Is taking some time but I hope I will get some nice equips from farming Nessus. And when I reach lvl 13 I will be able to put the first 3 points into ToC, so that will help me alot I hope.

TimelordDC
09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Health regen is a problem only for the initial few levels. Once I had Scatter Shot, Volley and Marksmanship maxed out, I was one-shotting pretty much everything and melee mobs don't even get close.
As I said, I also farmed the Gorgons and Tigermen for a while till I got a Glade suffix Sentinel's armbands (that gave like +38% pierce damage) and a Prowler's Cuirass. Add 2 Herakle's Might charms with +10% damage completion bonus and my DPS rocketed!
With increased projectile speed, the range also becomes a little longer so shift+attack kills range mobs before I get into their range.

The only places I had to retreat and wait till my health regenerated was in Wusao Caverns (when I got mobbed by 2 groups of deathlances) and Typhon.
Maxed Study Prey makes short work of all bosses. All the Telkines went down under 10 seconds, I think. In fact, the third Telkine took 4 seconds (for all three!). I even farmed Typhon for a while in order to get all the Epic items possible till then and in one run, he went down in like 10-15 seconds :)

There was a lot of shop farming to get a Hale Ring and then, I got the Ring of the Cheng (I think I got the name wrong here) for the Jade figurine quest which gives +22% pierce damage. Sentinel's armbands gives +38% and my leg-gear gives another +25%. The skills alone give +265% with CotH and AotH active and with Marksmanship. I have a DPS of around 700+ now (depending on what equipment I switch out) and max damage of 2500+

I am concentrating only on boosting my pierce damage with whatever resists I can get (except when fighting specifc bosses like the Yeti [cold], Barmanu [stun]) and right now, its working :)

@GIAMarcos, Typhon will be a problem with anything you have at that point (unless you get extremely lucky like I did in one run). Barmanu was actually quite easy for me with maxed Study Prey. Only one of them managed to get that stun roar going - and he was dead before the meteors he summoned touched ground :rockon:

I am loving this Hunter class - its a refreshing change from the pot-chugging melees I always favored before. Next, I'll try a caster, I think.

gasconron
09-15-2008, 07:00 PM
guys regarding +%xp gear... say i have a sac ammy with +46% xp given... I get quest reward of 40k... with the ammy it should give me a bonus of 18.4k xp right? cuz 40k * .46 = 18.4k so in total i should be getting 58.4k... but that's in theory.

When I checked how much bonus it gave me it only yielded me 2k bonus... i checked this with multiple quests that had the same xp reward. is it bugged, am i jst blind/stupid/retarded or are other people experiencing this as well?

@Timelord DC: if you've watched all the vids i posted on my ele, that should give you another reason to play caster, as it gives you the ability to cheese bosses without them ever reaching you or having the least risk possible (which is a very good plus for this challenge). Nevertheless, you'll be switching from a red-pot chugging melee to a blue-pot chugging caster... :razz:

Eric: Remove Jubai off the progress leader board; he was dead.

@nzone: that is truly sad to hear, i always feel ****ty when I die past normal act 2... cuz starting in xmax has always been a pain to me. I can't imagine how you feel after losing your char past epic.

TimelordDC
09-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Yes, I saw those videos and I was really impressed (even the Conqueror ones were cool) and yes, playing Casters (and Archers) gives you lots of opportunity to cheese a lot of monsters, not just bosses. Its also been more fun :)

About the XP, I've always had it working correctly when I use a +%xp amulet. The bonus XP won't show up in the quest log but just added to the xp bar. I can do a check again when I take a break from my Hunter (he still hasn't found anything like that yet)

Question for Eric_the_Red:
Should we farm Hades till he drops the Overlord or can we use a copy in the Vault? Since Toxeus is a pre-req for the challenge and the only sure way to get him is in the SP, an Overlord is definitely necessary :)

gasconron
09-15-2008, 09:19 PM
@ timelord DC: i think u can but if u really want to stick by the no twink rule "hardcorely" u just have to farm hades in normal a couple of times. i dropped overlord on my ele 3x in 20x farms, my diviner got overlord drops 2x, in less the amount of runs, and my conq got it 1x on the 3rd run in normal. getting the overlord in normal just got so much easier cuz of xmax... lol i have 1 overlord per char now..

Eric_The_Red
09-16-2008, 01:40 AM
just vault overlord

TimelordDC
09-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Eric :)

I am still soldiering through the Soronis Swamps. Man, those Anourans must have some high % to avoid projectiles! A bullfrog standing right in front of me dodged 3 shots! Its not tough but is taking more time to kill them all...
The one-shotting days are over too, atleast against Lamians. Funny thing is, I found two MIs - Ismene's Helm and Bracers and I've never found them before! :rockon:

gasconron
09-16-2008, 07:45 PM
my laptop crashed in the middle of playing TQ and now everything is going haywire... ugh i wanna impale the makers of vista and burn them on the stake. i don't think i wont be able to play for a while so no updates for me in the next couple of days.

nzone
09-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Sophia completed normal:

http://home.comcast.net/~n.ith/TQIT/sophia_normal_hades.jpg

claudius
09-17-2008, 03:19 AM
I died on this challenge. But I had a good time today playing (until I died). Also a fun class: the dreamkiller.

I thought the 3x Polyphemus were no problem just phantom strike then distort reality then run away. Here's what happened. I phantom strike they are running away. I stun only one of them but instead of running away I am going through with the distort reality. The other two both do heavy damage I think stomp/stun and psionics(whatever those bubbles are that they shoot from their head). Then I run away almost dead but I get hit by the stomp the ground of the original guy who is no longer stunned. Then I am praying a potion will trigger before I die:( But the other two hit me with their stomp trail and finish me off!

I was untwinked but I was pretty dissapointed at my performance. Earlier in the year I tried the challenge with a warlock and got into egypt. With that guy I just ran away and let the lich kill the polyphemus hehe.

Eric_The_Red
09-17-2008, 04:28 AM
Hey Claudius nice to see your trying the challenge. Well done Nzone i'll update. We'll i've made my way past Megara living quite dangerously with my sacrificial and btw those prince of war quest skellies almost got me with their damage reflecting rally. But i gotta risk it cuz the xp is really sucking donkey balls at lvl 57.

minisav
09-17-2008, 12:39 PM
minisav - (Jeanne) - Level 21 - Arachnos Queen or whatver she is. Might farm a few easy levels :)

The Fallen One
09-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Storm is in the Athenian Catacombs, Eric. :) I haven't been able to get on TQ. Damn virus.

nzone
09-18-2008, 03:02 AM
Sophia lvl 53 (juggernaut) is at Knossos [epic]

yerkyerk
09-18-2008, 04:06 AM
Well, I'm out of this challenge in favor of the harder xMAX challenges :)

Good luck to all!

zerit
09-18-2008, 05:40 AM
I'm back to this challenge for No Pots section with my seer who succeded to defeat Nessus and Polly:

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o444/zerit/No%20Pots%20Challenge/NoPot-NNessus.jpg
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o444/zerit/No%20Pots%20Challenge/NoPot-NPolly.jpg

Eric_The_Red
09-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Well done Zerit i'm going to make a no pots leaderboard. So everyone post their progress in the same format as the other challenge format.

CAP007
09-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Cap007 Exceter 63 Templar Legendary Herakelion
Hydra
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/screenshot00-2.jpg
Update
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/screenshot03.jpg

TimelordDC
09-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Eric, for the no-pots, untwinked challenge,

TimelordDC - (Timelord) - Lvl 46 Hunter, Plains of Judgement

I'll post screenies later.

Savrill
09-19-2008, 03:00 AM
is the no-pots also xmax? that seems pretty hard as I had to run away alot in the beginning (even with pots)

TimelordDC
09-19-2008, 03:26 AM
Yes, the no-pots is also Xmax :)

zerit
09-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Progress update:
Spider queen
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o444/zerit/No%20Pots%20Challenge/NoPots-NSpiderQueen.jpg
Gorgon Queens - fight was ok, luring 1-2 of them at a time in the right part of their room. My seer became a templar before this fight, the combination between ToC, Rally and Adrenaline works ok atm for no pots challenge. I found a normal SBC after around 1,5 lvl of farming them.
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o444/zerit/No%20Pots%20Challenge/NoPot-NGorgonQueens.jpg
Alastor - I used a trick here. I shooted them with a bow (using shift key) right from the entrance without entering the room. The fight was long, I had to wait them to enter my range but this trick is very safe, Alastor being one of the most dificult bosses in act 1 for an untwink.
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o444/zerit/No%20Pots%20Challenge/NoPots-NAlastor.jpg
Minotaur - gave me some emotions, life alert dinged 1 time during this fight.
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o444/zerit/No%20Pots%20Challenge/NoPots-NMinotaurLord.jpg
Megalesios - also a hard fight, I had to run a lot waiting the cooldown of PS and DR/TR.
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o444/zerit/No%20Pots%20Challenge/NoPot-NMegalesios.jpg

IRace
09-20-2008, 07:46 AM
I decided to start ranger after all (i just love archers). Now he is currently level 29 at medusa queens.

They die in 10 seconds all of them. Scatter shoot and call of the hunt owns.
http://shrani.si/t/p/96/2Z0cXVO1/screenshot01.jpg (http://shrani.si/?p/96/2Z0cXVO1/screenshot01.jpg)

http://shrani.si/t/3B/TH/3yto2xsT/screenshot02.jpg (http://shrani.si/?3B/TH/3yto2xsT/screenshot02.jpg)

While i have played hunting mastery a lot, nature mastery is quite new for me. So i have a question: does study prey and plague work well together? As casting study prey then plague to increase reduction to enemys heatlh? Why am i asking this is cause i intend to kill typhoon that way:evil: Dont wont the same end as my warden, which was killed by his thorns.

nzone
09-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Sophia is entering epic act 2.

UPDATE: She's at the City of Memphis now.

claudius
09-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Well after 7 hours + of farming stonebinders cuffs it is kind of anti-climatic. I think the Bracers of Atlas are actually better than the cuffs I found.

What do you think?

Bracers Atlas

72 Armor
+22 Strength
+22 Dex
+95 Health
Grants Stone Form

Stonebinder's Cuffs

38? armor
15% Elemental Resistance
+12 Intelligence
+1 Skills

Anyhow I am continuing with the Challenge I think I am going to need help once I get to the third Telchine. I usually beat that guy with a lot of deaths and I don't know the resist which I need or the moves I need to dodge.

It would be amazing if I passed the challenge considering that the only 2 times I have beaten TQ untwinked I had 82 deaths (not x max) and twinked I had 18 deaths. Ha ha. Well at least I will improve hehe!

nzone
09-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I would use the sbc because of the resistances it provides. Although stone form is good, but most of the time I ended up like never using it.

Progress update: Sophia is entering epic act 4.

gorgus
09-20-2008, 08:43 PM
one thing i don't understand:

how come IRace is at lvl29 with 20.355 kills, 11 and a half hours playtime, and Zerit is lvl 26 with 23.607 kills, 22 and a half hours playtime?

i really don't get it.

gasconron
09-20-2008, 08:56 PM
@gorgus: people play this challenge differently and most people don't agree which is the right way to play/progress through this challenge.

For Irace who has a higher level than zerit with fewer play time and kills, it is most likely that he did the "boss farming" approach of levelling up, so if he is proficient in certain boss runs (there are a lot of easy ones and gives you a lot of xp) it would be obvious that he would level up faster and end up with a lesser kill count.

For zerit on the other hand who has a higher kill count, a much longer play time, it is evident that he took the "explore and kill everything" approach. where in he gets lesser xp from the mobs he kills in comparison to each run IRace does within a certain time frame.

An extreme example to demonstrate this difference would be my Conqueror who finished Normal in 25+ hours in comparison to Eric's Conjurer who just finished Normal Typhon running at 2 day 17 hours; both approaching lvl 50. As you can see my progression was much faster, but Eric ended up almost twice the kill count I had finishing normal. Another factor would be if 1 of them were going for the "no pots" challenge...then obviously that guy would have a longer playing time.

>>> *sigh* i miss playing tq and the challenge, but my laptop is in the repairs... i hope to join you guys soon and update Lajoya. :)

nzone
09-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Perhaps, they kept on killing the gorgon sisters over and over.

claudius
09-20-2008, 09:49 PM
My character has 40,000+ kills and 29 levels. I spent a long frigging time farming the gorgon sisters and all I got were these stonebinders cuffs ;)

nzone
09-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Sophia is resting at epic upper city of lost souls. lvl 59.

zerit
09-21-2008, 05:24 AM
one thing i don't understand:

how come IRace is at lvl29 with 20.355 kills, 11 and a half hours playtime, and Zerit is lvl 26 with 23.607 kills, 22 and a half hours playtime?

i really don't get it.

I play untwink no pots challenge and this is very time consuming. I had a lot of moments waiting for ToC to replenish my life and mana. I hope latter in the game having some ADCtH these waiting periods will be less frequent.

IRace
09-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I farmed gorgon sisters for SBC which provide 10% attack speed and i just got them. So during that time i leveled up from level 22 to 31 before getting one of those. Next i will farm tigermans for veterans prowlers cuirass:)

And i am doing untwinked only greens using character. Currently i am at athens war camp. But i will end normal act 3 with approx 60k+kills right before killing typhoon, just like my warden did until he meet his demise.

And BTW i have explored every area and cave that is possible. But i exactly know which monsters to farm. So i will farm neandertals for shamman leggings, tigermans for prowlers, then hopefully some hallowed helm. Then anaurans for bramblewood bow and so on. So i will increase the kill count imensly. Just in normal greece there are no good Mi to farm except for SBC for my character. So i just kill everything and also explore everything.

CAP007
09-22-2008, 12:17 AM
OK finaly have time for an update. Been working on the Community Vault Project. Go check it out... Missing a Epic or Legendary Item it is there..
Cap007 (Exceter) 65 Templar, Legendary Gardens of Babylon
Hydra, Nothing special very melee strait fwd
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/screenshot00-2.jpg
Talos, Had to back off a couple times but not bad
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/Talos.jpg

CAP007
09-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Telkine Act 1
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/telkinegreece.jpg
Manticore, was able to pull one at a time
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/manticore.jpg
Telkine Act 2
This fight took a surprisingly long time, very fun
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn31/CAP007-BUCKET/tkegypt.jpg

The Fallen One
09-22-2008, 12:20 AM
What are your primary resists, CAP?

zerit
09-22-2008, 04:14 AM
Untwink no pots challenge progress: finished act 2 with my templar.

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o444/zerit/NoPot-NTelkine2.jpg

This act wasn't too difficult but for the next one I have no ideea how I could finish without potions. I'm thinking mainly at Typhon with his huge life and mana drain :knockout:

Eric_The_Red
09-22-2008, 08:53 AM
I'd love to play a templar but i think i'd die of boredom

gorgus
09-22-2008, 09:01 AM
@zerit & IRace: thanks for clearing that up for me.

btw, i never kept track of my kills before this challenge appeared, but, man, 20k+ kills at halfway act1, wow ;).

nzone
09-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Sophia is dead in the epic throne room. I was bored just lofting volcanic orb and casting eruption from outside the room...so I charged in head on. Dead!

CAP007
09-22-2008, 10:49 AM
What are your primary resists, CAP?

I think they are 50 80 80 80 depending on the chest armor. Got to tell you Anios is just a no brainer for shield users.