PDA

View Full Version : The 0 Deaths XmaX Challenge

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

minisav
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm surprised his record has stood so long.

Who has been the biggest killer?

x3 Barmanu?

x3 Hades?

x3 Typhon?

They would be the 3 I'd guess

The Fallen One
07-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Minotaurs are murderous, though they don't end the challenge.

Act III and IV as a whole have the most.

But, yeah, you're right. Eric the Red got to Legendary Hades before he died.

Ooooo. Found my end-of-game armor. Crystal set looks nice. For Typhon, though, I'm using the Tartarus set.

Persona
07-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Well, I'm in a quandary, I've got two characters who are eligible for the challenge, my Conqueror in Epic end Greece and my Ranger, who can't get a break for a good pair of SBCs in Normal Greece. Anyone know if it's possible to get a Veteran's Brigand Bow in Normal Greece? I've been farming for a bit but haven't found a single one yet, gotten Murderous, of Hunting and a few that add cold damage.... Meh.

minisav
07-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Dunno about the bow for Persona sorry.

There is also a good ring that does something about Titans so I'd suggest that.

EDIT:

Tyrvidar's Might is the ring I was talking about

The Fallen One
07-09-2008, 06:55 PM
The guy who started the challenge made it all the way to Legendary Hades before dying as a conqueror, so it's an excellent build for the challenge.

I would go for the Ranger myself, because Plague is an awesome bosskiller in the challenge.

Persona
07-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I think I'll continue my Conqueror, just because she's in Epic. If I die, then meh, it's a tossup whether or not I'll continue.

By the by, what're the stats on Eldritch Bow? I'm using a Veteran's Hunting Bow of Trickery socketed with an Essence of the Valour of Achilles for a very respectable total of +53% to attack speed (33% from the bow, 12% from the base Essence, 8% completion bonus) and with 22% bonus damage. I figure the only real thing that can beat it is something that has a base attack speed bonus.

The Fallen One
07-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Good luck, you're going to need it. ;) :D

Lepruk86
07-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Kind of frozen on this one at the moment....

I am being retarded and playing three char's at once so sort of chopping as I feel between them.

Naked Wanderer / Xmax Bow Haruspex and a separate Int based Wanderer that will become either a ritualist or soothsayer (still can't decide so just boosting nature at the moment, may even copy the character once I finish Normal and then I can have both)

The Fallen One
07-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Soothsayer can clear out the ranks of the monsters easily. Just send out your pets and be ready to go. There's a guide somewhere . . .

Magic Missile
07-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I got to the second to last waypoint in the game... then took a few days off. Running a Ranger and a Haruspex through at the same time. Yeah, I should get back on that.

Barmanu scares me the worst. He two hit KOs even with protective measures. Compare to Hades, who is manageable with vitality resistance. Typhon... he was just slow, because I was afraid of meteors and reflection.

yerkyerk
07-09-2008, 09:27 PM
So far, I found the most challenging:

- 3x Barmanu - he caught my first challenger by surprise and almost did in my third toon. If you're ready and careful for him, he's not too much of a problem though
- 3x Cerberus; only if you ignore your poison resist though.
- 3x China bull. Don't know the right name. Only had problems with him on Legendary - he has a few powerful attacks
- Several Act 4 mobs (in Legendary). They are strong, fast and there are loads of 'em.

I found Hades and Typhon to be a piece of cake. But I guess I was well prepared for them and paid full attention... I'm quite surprised Eric_the_Red died against Legendary Hades x3... I'm wondering if I'll fare well against him.

Magic Missile
07-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh yeah, the bull does stupidly high amounts of damage... but is a demon. Enter Ritual gear. Without that though, he's Barmanu level. Why does Act 3 have so many nasty bosses anyways? It'd be worse than Act 4, if the latter didn't lag the crap out of me.

yerkyerk
07-09-2008, 09:59 PM
I don't like changing gear.. too lazy or something.

Act 3 does have some nasty bosses, but Act 4 has nasty mobs, and there are a lot more mobs than there are bosses...

Persona
07-09-2008, 10:20 PM
I concur with what yerkyerk says. The damn machae archers alone are a damn pain. Add in the huge tons of Empusa with xmax, nasty combination.

minisav
07-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Tigermen in act III aren't much nicer tbh. Did Eric_the_Red get one shotted by the red blob of doom?

yerkyerk
07-10-2008, 09:18 AM
I think so. Btw, Tigerman killed my second hardcore xMAX toon...

Well, I have a good shot at finishing this challenge. I rampaged through Elysium, obliterated another Machae warcamp, kicked Typhon's scrawny butt again, got surprised and almost killed by a bunch of Gigantes (I suspect they had 2 Dactyls in their ranks...), murdered Hades' Generals and I'm almost in Hades' secret hide-out. I'm gonna be careful, don't want to die because of some random walking junkyard right before I face the big boss.

minisav
07-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Well good luck. :)

yerkyerk
07-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Already done it, completed the challenge! Hades gave more trouble than he was worth, kept killing of my pets (though he was ineffectively pounding away at my Liche), but never got far to truly harm me.

I guess I have to be more obvious, so people won't overread this:
I completed the hardcore xMAX challenge!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

- 0 deaths (ofcourse)
- Did almost all quests (I might have forgotten that little quest in Egypt where you have to save a girl, but of so, that was accidentily and the quest isn't any challenge at all)
- Killed all the special monsters I know of(Manticore, Hydra, etc..)
- Never used the quit function to escape narrow death
- Didn't reach the required killcount though, it's way too high for a petmancer. It's probably way to high for any character for that matter.
- I did twink. Not much, but I did. I didn't farm though.
Here's my pictures.

Taking a screenshot from a safe distance before the battle really commenced;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot14.jpg

And after I killed of the three stooges;
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot15.jpg
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/yerkd2/screenshot16.jpg

Soull
07-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Massive CONGRATS Yerk, well done ;)

minisav
07-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm impressed. :rockon: Yerkyerk! :)

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Congrats, YerkYerk. :clap::clap::clap:

Now I've got to try this. Lv. 27, just hit Memphis. I have better armor than what I've got, but I like this Ramses set so much.

minisav
07-10-2008, 01:16 PM
I finished Normal with the whole Ramses Set minus the weapon with an Assassin because I liked it so much XD

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
This set would rock with Assassins. Not to mention that one set (can never remember its name) that has the Garb of the Scorpion King as the chest armor.

Lv. 28, swapped out my Venom Heart for a Hale Medallion of Augury. Socketed with one Essence of the Ank of Isis. +95 health as a completion bonus. :D

minisav
07-10-2008, 01:41 PM
:) Nice one. Just reached Megara. Bracers of Atlas are ready and waiting!

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 01:44 PM
:eek:

You can use them against Poly?!

I envy you.

Scorpos King is a pushover. I only used Stone Form once, and that was because I wanted to mess with their heads. :D

I'm going to farm him. For like, 2 levels. I want that Tempest gear soooo badly. Why is it that their requirements are higher than Lord Seth's Chaos Blade?

minisav
07-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Count me out. The Cyclops' got me :(

Bloody Stone Form didn't work and my computer lagged :(

Barnacle_Ed
07-10-2008, 02:21 PM

tough break man...

i'm thinking of restarting a char (this will be like...number 5? :whistle:) when i'm back in town. he will get 1 outside item every act, but will largely be on his own through the thing since i'm sick of mindlessly twinking my chars.

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 02:23 PM

Did you try to tank him?

I barely survived when kiting him.

minisav
07-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I was running along the bridge when my computer lagged and then I tried Stone Form like mad and when the computer caught up I was dead :(

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 02:32 PM
You should try it again, then. Try a different character, like a conqueror.

minisav
07-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Well I will try again. Just not now. The furthest I've ever been no deaths was the Giant Limos and that was with no Xmods :(

I'm going to get every Rogue class through normal then I'll probably try a Warden. They are pretty solid I think

Magic Missile
07-10-2008, 02:40 PM
You are not gonna get away with running up and beating down the cyclopses. Ranged attacks work, hit and run works if you're fast and lucky. That's about it. It's like Legendary Barmanu, except about 50 levels sooner. I viciously abused Phantom Strike, and still had about a half dozen near misses.

minisav
07-10-2008, 02:47 PM
I wasn't running up and down beating them. I was running up and down study preying them and furiously attacking with my bow.

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Everybody knows that even with stone form, you NEVER tank Polyphemus. This is exactly why my Thane has a backup bow.

minisav
07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Well I've decided I will try this with a Magician next time. That will be my next toon when I reach Act 2 with my Brigand

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Good luck this time around. :D

I'm farming the Scorpos King still. Found out with my Hale Seal and Hale Medalion, my strength is about 405, so I'm getting another Hale Seal.

Tempest set, here I come! :D:D:D

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Holy crap these seals are good. It jumped to 447 strength. :knockout:

Just a few more levels, then . . .:twisted:

That telkine is going to wish that he had never even heard of Thanes. *evil laugh*

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Screenie Update!

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot02.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot00-1.jpg

I would have had about 50-60 more kills, if it weren't for my artifact. Soul Prism summons 3 skeletons every once in a while, and they own everything.

yerkyerk
07-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks all :) I gues I have more time to playtest right now.

@minisav; the Cyclopses are indeed a great pain.. they almost killed all 3 of my xMAX toons, I have no idea how to kill them conveniently..
As for a new class; how about a Soothsayer? If you like pets, that is.

Tennai
07-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Soothsayer is awesome, in fact mines sitting in Elysium for this challenge. I found my old save file, considering going back to it. It simply owns everything. To make matters more hillarious, I went with a zero recharge build, so I can resummon pets instantly, I have a never-ending giant outsider (outworlder? I forget the big guys name) pet, and I can charm 50+ mobs, or really, as fast as my finger can click. When I spam charm, I have trouble clicking faster than my army kills them. Quite the challenge, really.

...and that was on normal mode. Can you imagine the other difficulties, with MORE BUFFED PETS? :pray::rockon::pray:

Sponozza
07-10-2008, 09:10 PM
My dreamkiller hit 32, now hunting through the tombs in late normal Egypt. Think I'm going to spec him out of traps and heavily into dream so I start doing some real work.

yerkyerk
07-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Heh, but once your in Legendary Act 4 you can pretty much forget about enslaving spirits, since they're too high levelled.
The blue martian is called both Outsider and Ether Lord.

Perhaps some interesting info;
the balance patch is currently leaning towards capping the -%recharge, probably to 80%. Enslave Spirit on the other hand, might get a +monster level bonus so you'll be able to swarm higher level monsters if you've invested enough points in it. (yea, this is kinda shameless advertizing to get progress on the discussion on the balance patch)

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Sounds lovely, but I'm sticking with my Thane. :D

Why is it that you never see any other Thanes? I'm having no trouble whatsoever anymore.

Tennai
07-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Update: just beat hades (turns out my save was the one closest to his room). Normal mode, I just ran around the room in a circle summoning the outsider nonstop, and the lich, and a couple of wolves. The fun part was starting the battle with about 30 of those giant metal monsters. They got 2 of the hades to his 2nd form before dying.

My only mistake was having poor stun resist, those red balls sucked. But I didn't die (yay), so on to epic!

On the subject of the patch, I don't know I haven't looked into it. It makes sense but then again to me, personally, I don't feel shame in 100% recharge. If it was against the spirit of the game they should have capped it from day 1. To me, its no different than trying to max your DPS, or Atk Speed. :whistle:

The Fallen One
07-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Still, 80% seems a bit low. I could do with 85 or 90. I mean, come on, -100 charge gives those with Death Ward IMMORTALITY.

yerkyerk
07-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Well, afaik Death Ward doesn't grant immortality with -100%recharge (not sure why not, but people would make immortal Theurgists if that were so).

I guess -100%recharge does make your game kinda easy?

Anyway, it's not for the bugfix patch (which fixes bugs only, duh) but purely a discussion for the balance patch, which will mess up quite a few more things (all in order to enhance gaming experience).

Persona
07-11-2008, 01:01 AM
You are not gonna get away with running up and beating down the cyclopses. Ranged attacks work, hit and run works if you're fast and lucky. That's about it. It's like Legendary Barmanu, except about 50 levels sooner. I viciously abused Phantom Strike, and still had about a half dozen near misses.

Not exactly true, my untwinked normal Conqueror took on all three Polyphemus headon and lived to tell the tale, fifteen times in a row.

A good way to take out Polyphemus easily is with a hunter character with a bow. Max out scatter shot arrows and volley, I could take out two of the three beasties before they even smacked the soldiers aside.

nzone
07-11-2008, 01:55 AM
Just show this thread; I'm starting with a Pyro. With max Ring of Flame and some Earth Enchantment, it's like mowing grass ;) Polyphemuses were dead just playing cycling with them.

She is resting at Helicos Pass and soon she'll become an Evoker.

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 02:01 AM
Well, afaik Death Ward doesn't grant immortality with -100%recharge (not sure why not, but people would make immortal Theurgists if that were so).

I guess -100%recharge does make your game kinda easy?

Anyway, it's not for the bugfix patch (which fixes bugs only, duh) but purely a discussion for the balance patch, which will mess up quite a few more things (all in order to enhance gaming experience).

Heh, I don't even have -Recharge gear besides the Oracle's Wreath and the Archmage's Clasp. Which I don't use.

-100 recharge not giving immortality to Theurgists with death ward sounds similar to the Distort Reality recharge glitch.

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Lv. 31 in the Valley of Kings. Giant Liches in the Tomb of Khufu were tough, but my little skeletons came and kicked their *****. I'm going to farm the tombs until I'm Lv. 34, so I can wear full Tempest gear (minus the bracers :D) against the Telkine.

Some action shots of my little skeletons. Each one is Lv. 36. :knockout:

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot04.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot08-1.jpg

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Since there won't be any screens for 2 weeks, I've decided to do 2 posts. Gear, and status. Enjoy.

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot05.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot06.jpg

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 02:24 AM
Gear

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot07.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot09.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot10.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot11.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot12.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot13.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot14.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot15.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot16.jpg

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n344/Divilenta/screenshot17.jpg

yerkyerk
07-11-2008, 05:08 AM
Heh, I don't even have -Recharge gear besides the Oracle's Wreath and the Archmage's Clasp. Which I don't use.

-100 recharge not giving immortality to Theurgists with death ward sounds similar to the Distort Reality recharge glitch.

According to Titancalc, it does have a 3 second duration... also, if an enemy hits you harder than Death Ward can restore, you should be dead.

nzone
07-11-2008, 09:26 AM
What key to do screenshot again?

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Print Screen. You might want to hit that, alt-tab out, see if it's black, and alt-tab back in to take as many pictures as you want.

yerkyerk
07-11-2008, 10:51 AM
printscreen. it gets saved somewhere in your C:/docsetting/user/mygame/Titan Quest Immortal Throne directory.

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 10:54 AM
In the Screenshots folder most of the time.

nzone
07-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks guys.

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Lv. 32 in the Valley of Kings. I have a question. Since I'm coming up on Act III soon, I want to know this. What strategy for Barmanu?

Persona
07-11-2008, 08:13 PM
When he starts flailing his hands up above his heads, run.

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 08:23 PM
That's obvious, but what about 3 at the same time? And I've heard that he can stun.

I've only battled him with casters, so a Thane is different for me.

yerkyerk
07-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I've only done the challenge with Soothsayers, and if you're careful (take them on one by one as much as possible, don't stand still and let ranged attacks kill them off one-by-one (in my case plague and pets). I think 3x Barmanu is quite a chore with a melee character.

I would suggets buying a fitting scroll, you might need it. Barmanu is only dangerous for his meteor attack, but if you get stunned, there's a good chance you're done for.

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Ok, got it. I'm thinking a Scroll of the Sky's Rage, Storm Strike for ranged attack, and Bracers of Atlas (duh).

Persona
07-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Barmanu x3 is quite easy with a melee character, if you prepare ahead of time, so long as you make sure you have sufficient stun resist and you make sure you don't ever go up against more than one of them unless you're sure they've recently thrown their meteors at something.

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks all. :D

Right now I need to get past the Telkine. So far I am wearing the Helmet. Loving the +1 skills!

The Fallen One
07-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Question, how's this build (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&m1=32-0-1-0-12-8-0-0-12-0-12-8-6-12-0-0-1-12-12-8-0&m2=32-0-0-1-0-0-6-10-0-0-2-0-0-0-0-2-0-6-0-0-15-0)?

Allgrave
07-12-2008, 03:55 AM
RIP Bruiser, level 35 conqueror. Barmanu + a few drinks=end of the XmaX challenge for now. :cry::cry:

minisav
07-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Unlucky :(

If my Magician doesn't make it then I think I'll try a Soothsayer :)

The Fallen One
07-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Changed my mind about end-of-game gear. It's going to be all-out Gigantes, minus the bracers, which will be the Blue Counterpart. Poly-something bracers.

Sponozza
07-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Dreamkiller managed to beat the three bulls on normal with much running and trap tossing.

I need to get more levels so I can either up my poison slow or power up dream to hit Distort Reality

minisav
07-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Well looking through guides to Magicians apparently, according to most people, they are the weakest class of all :(

I'll give it a shot anyway! :rockon:

The Fallen One
07-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Good luck. :D

Sponozza
07-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Bleh. The three telkines slowed my dreamkiller while he was laying a trap, and proceeded to stomp him with rocks. Game over.

40 levels down the drain >< I need to find a sturdier character.

minisav
07-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Basically my plan of attack is to farm like mad to level up so I should be safe. I'm level 11 and I just killed the Big Nora for the guy with the medicine. Bring on Nessus! :rockon:

The Fallen One
07-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Bleh. The three telkines slowed my dreamkiller while he was laying a trap, and proceeded to stomp him with rocks. Game over.

40 levels down the drain >< I need to find a sturdier character.

I've heard that the 3rd telkine is extremely difficult, but I wouldn't know. Outsider+Liche King+Scroll of the Cyclops+Ternion=Dead Telkine in 10 seconds. :D

Try a Conqueror or a Soothsayer. They are really sturdy characters for this challenge.

Barnacle_Ed
07-13-2008, 01:04 AM
back into this! level 9 Vanquisher (masteries mod: Close combat + sorcery) kicking butt in greece. this guy will play as a melee hybrid with some insane damage resistance and close-ranged strength.

by the way, battle aura is basically god mode early game...i run into a group of 10 enemies, they all die a second later :)

Soull
07-13-2008, 04:48 AM
im feeling slightly cheap, since I can almost 1 hit bosses with
Phantom Strike now, lvl 17 and max hit is already 2k O.O

Well, we will see about the gorgons ^^

Poinas
07-13-2008, 05:16 AM
Question, how's this build (http://http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Thane&master1=8&master2=3&m1=32-0-1-0-12-8-0-0-12-0-12-8-6-12-0-0-1-12-12-8-0&m2=32-0-0-1-0-0-6-10-0-0-2-0-0-0-0-2-0-6-0-0-15-0)?

Looking good, there's nothing much that I'd change.

I've heard that the 3rd telkine is extremely difficult, but I wouldn't know. Outsider+Liche King+Scroll of the Cyclops+Ternion=Dead Telkine in 10 seconds. :D

He can be with x3/xmax, since there are lots of damage types thrown around. The main attack is vitality + cold, the demons cause little physical and a lot of fire, and there are tons of them. The telkines also throw rays at you that cause bleeding damage, and it is usually lethal since bleeding resistance can be hard to come by. And then there are those falling rocks that do physical damage, and double as obstacles making it harder for your char to kite.

With good resistances it shouldn't be much of a trouble, but if things begin to go wrong, you are pretty much wasted.

Stormbringer
07-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Quite good idea. I like it. But it's impossible to me - I guess I have too slow computer. Sometimes when I play 3x, I have huge lag and sometimes it's very hard to play. :(

Sponozza
07-13-2008, 09:33 AM
I've never really played with hunting, so I've started a bow guy up. It's going so slow right now though, but that should change once I get Scatter Shot, Volley, and Puncture shot up there.

In hindsight, I probably should have started off with a spear, then gone bow later.

Lepruk86
07-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Still playing this challenge but been busy (barely had 2 hours on TQ in the last few days)

I sit at level 29 at the beginning of Act 3 at the moment.

The Fallen One
07-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Decided to go MI armor, went in Epic for the good stuff. Got Revenant Gear, Primitive Greaves, Champion's Helm, Arachnos Shield, and a green axe.

Took all my points out of dual wield, Weapon and shield makes more sense.:rockon:

minisav
07-13-2008, 11:55 AM
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Magician&master1=6&master2=1&sa=0&m1=2-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=23-1-0-1-1-0-4-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

That's my build. Just beat 3 Nessus. Easy with Volcanic Orb :rockon:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/minisav16/start-1.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/minisav16/start2-1.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/minisav16/untitled-1.jpg

Update:

I reached the next fountain and that is where I may stay as I have just got back into the Masteries Mod :D

Persona
07-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Reached Egypt on Epic with my Conqueror yesterday, at the rate I'm going, I'll be done by mid-afternoon today. Just took down the manticore. Was a complete walk in the park.

The Fallen One
07-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Chimera was a pushover. I forgot my Bracers of Atlas, and forgot that there were 3 of them, but using Epic MIs helps a lot. :D

I'm worried about equiptment, though. Most of my strength comes from gear that gives +%, so I'm going to be scrambling a little. I'm parked by the portal for the Babylon Outskirts, I think that defiler is malfunctioning like what happened with Minisav. I find Tons of Greens and Yellows, few whites, no brokens. :shifty:

Lv. 16 squall=awesome :rockon:

Sponozza
07-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Level 19 on my hunting guy now, about to attempt the gorgon queens. It's been a breeze so far, after I got lucky and had a Storm Strike drop. It was a bit painful vs undead before since I was highly reliant on poison.

Still not sure if I want to keep him bow and offspec into dream for Distort Reality and the Lucid Dream line, or if I want to go spear and spec into defence.

The Fallen One
07-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Hunting/Defense sounds good. In this challenge, durability and damage output are key. Spears give you plenty of damage, while shields increase the chances that you will survive an onslaught of monster attacks. Even better when you use items to increase attack speed. :D

Oy, I need to stop giving advice about mastery combos and reading about them. So many characters that I've started because of it. :shifty:

Sponozza
07-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, the only thing stopping me from going hunting/defense atm is the shear lack of mana. I mean, you'd have 225+ reserved with your auras, leaving a pitiful amount for takedowns and shield charges without some int gear.

Edit: Considering I just about 2-shot one of the gorgons, if it hadn't of been for the hasty heal it got, I think I'll farm a level off of them.

minisav
07-14-2008, 06:07 AM
To get rid of any Defiler Mod Glitches jsut turn them on then turn them off again. Works every time :)

For me anyway

yerkyerk
07-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Is there a taboo on investing points in energy? I mean, if your energy is the sole thing keeping you from going with a certain build, why not put some stat points there?

minisav
07-14-2008, 06:17 AM
I had to put a couple into my Brigand as Marksmanship drained enrgy quickly as wella s Study Prey. And then I got a good green ring and put a Hectate's Crescent in it to give a much needed boost also

Viper_Sweden
07-14-2008, 06:18 AM
As has been previously stated:

Conqueror, Assassin, Slayer, Corsair, Brigand and Warden can all benefit greatly from 4-12 points in Energy.

Think about it. What do you need most, 100 Energy or 16 Strength?

The Fallen One
07-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah, the only thing stopping me from going hunting/defense atm is the shear lack of mana. I mean, you'd have 225+ reserved with your auras, leaving a pitiful amount for takedowns and shield charges without some int gear.

Edit: Considering I just about 2-shot one of the gorgons, if it hadn't of been for the hasty heal it got, I think I'll farm a level off of them.

I agree with yerkyerk. You can spend points in energy. Here's an idea. Get some rings and necklaces with the suffix "of the Osprey" and equip some Hecate's Crescent. That will give you a boost in energy. I've seen an Essence of the Ank of Isis that had a completion bonus of +90 energy.

Infinite possibilities!

@yerkyerk, I have put plenty of points in energy for my Thane, I go through it faster than health. I am gear reliant for my energy. :D

Lepruk86
07-14-2008, 12:37 PM
arrrg I died at 34 - On Barmanu (cant remember his full name)...

Im out :(...

Can't be bothered to restart so going to continue. 21 hours wasted*cry*

nzone
07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
I've spent a day play Maya, as the Evoker. She was good. While I was fighting Minotaurs, my 4 yr old said she hungry so I paused the game to make something for her to eat. I forgot where I was, pressed the space bar, low and behold 3 seconds later -- dead!

I've started another Evoker. This time it is a male named Jax ;) He is at the beginning of ACT 3 with 32 LVL. Max out Trance of Wrath, Ring of Flame tree (not max yet), and Lucid Dream; just run pass the monsters and they all dead! I hardly try to weld the club, all though the avg dmg is 600+ and DPS dmg is 800+. Amusingly, since I bought TQ/IT, this is the first time I use Trance of Wrath and Ring of Flame -- damn I've been missing out...I guess I was too much in love with Defense master.

Before I meet Bermanu, I need to max out Volcanic Orb synergy :lol:
I think playing regular TQ/IT is much harder than Xmax. The reason being is that advance level skill is fast.

Anyway, I have a question. I have a weapon that does a Reduce Armor and bonus Relics that have Reduce Armor attribute too -- adding all up to around 150+. Does this Reduce Armor point reduce each area of armors by 150+?

Stormbringer
07-14-2008, 04:02 PM
I think playing regular TQ/IT is much harder than Xmax. The reason being is that advance level skill is fast.
Why harder? Just you need to spend more time to get 60th lvl on 'x1 mod' than 'xmax mod' or 'x3 mod'?

My 46 lvl bone charmer is playing at 'x3 mod'. I cannot play at xmax because of lags. :( But one thing is the same - there are 3 bosses not 1). :)

Three epic minotaur lords are much harder than one. Three of them have killed my toon once. I have been surprized near the door, I couldn't be running! :( When I laid down two of them, the third was a piece of cake - stood near him and keep hitting with my spear to the end.

Coming challenge - defeat 3x manticore! I'll try without any deaths. Do you think that equipping one ring with ritual tortured soul is some kind of cheat? Or even ritual necklase with the same charm? ;)

nzone
07-14-2008, 05:21 PM
1x vs Xmax:
Without a rerun, with 1x, by the time you reach minotaur you will be around level 18. With Xmax, when you reach minotaur you are at around level 25.
That's 21 skill points difference. That extra 21 points can make your toon much more powerful than the monsters.
It also allow your toon to wear armor, jewelry, and weapon that supposed to be equip-able in ACT 2 +.

And relics seem to drop at a very fast rate too with xmax.

I thought the most difficult was at the beginning in Helicos. I was fighting to survive there.

minisav
07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Well I now have 3 Characters taking part in this challenge! :lol:

Ehrich Weiss - Magician (Kudos to anyone who understands the name :))

The next 2 are Masteries Mod so I'm not sure if they count

Savlo - Forester
?? - Tamer

I have no idea what to call my Tamer. Close Combat and Bestiary. Xena maybe?

T'is a female

Persona
07-14-2008, 06:20 PM
That's Harry's real name, if I remember right. I will bang my head against the desk if people think Potter. From what I've heard about people who do the challenge with Masteries, they say it's much easier so I'm inclined to say that they shouldn't count. Kaori the Conqueror has reached the Hanging Gardens of Babylon in Epic and I'm still going strong. Kill count is currently at around 110,000. Egypt was disappointing, I didn't find a single good Legendary, here's to hoping Act 3 will be different.

Lepruk86
07-14-2008, 06:32 PM
I agree that Normal mode becomes easier (except for a couple of nasty bosses)

BUT once you hit epic/legendary the extra skills mean nothing as these modes are made for high end and the xmax mod really makes it harder not easier.

That's my opinion.

In saying that i died in xmax on normal at level 34 - I bet others skip the boss i died on or keep running out of range rather than staying in combat :p - you get once and you die.

The Fallen One
07-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Barmanu was easier than I thought. I found the Minotaur Lords much harder. 1 Scroll of the Sky's Rage (fav scroll so far), Squalls, Lightning Bolts, and Hit and Run. Loving this, got some Legendaries equipped. ;).

Minisav, I know how you feel. I have Storm as my main guy, but I started a Stormcaller (not sure what his combo will be) and a Conjurer started. :D

Lv. 36 and going strong. Just cleared the Great Wall.

The Fallen One
07-14-2008, 06:39 PM
In saying that i died in xmax on normal at level 34 - I bet others skip the boss i died on or keep running out of range rather than staying in combat :p - you get once and you die.

You cannot skip ANY bosses. And after a point, I tanked the last of them with ease. But yes, ranged attacks are the better against him, but he is pretty fast.

minisav
07-14-2008, 07:03 PM
That's Harry's real name, if I remember right. I will bang my head against the desk if people think Potter. From what I've heard about people who do the challenge with Masteries, they say it's much easier so I'm inclined to say that they shouldn't count. Kaori the Conqueror has reached the Hanging Gardens of Babylon in Epic and I'm still going strong. Kill count is currently at around 110,000. Egypt was disappointing, I didn't find a single good Legendary, here's to hoping Act 3 will be different.

:clap:

Well Done :D

I'm not bothered if they don't count. I'll do it for the personal satisfaction :)

Good luck!

Sponozza
07-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Good point on the adding to energy bit. I did at one point read that you should never add points to health or energy and focus on stats alone, since gear would take care of the other two.

Guess I'll save a copy of my current guy once I'm done maxing out hunting, so that if my warden dies I don't have to start completely over with the haruspex.
Or is that cheating?

nzone
07-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Sponozza -- that's cheating!

Damn, game over! I thought I was boundary clearance standing close to the cave exit fighting those midget bermanus, all sudden the big bermanu (all 3 of them) rain those frozen rocks on my Jax. That sad part I don't see them, what da! I got so pissed and I returned back to own their ***es in a few seconds!

Bringing another Evoker!

Allgrave
07-14-2008, 11:03 PM
What the hell, I'm a glutton for punishment. Any suggestions for my new xMax challenge character?

The Fallen One
07-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Do something that is different. Something that hasn't been done before. Like, say, a caster. :eek:

Nah, go for something that you think will survive and will be challenging at the same time.

nzone
07-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Maybe I'm just going to a Juggernaut.
Without shield smashing, I'm bored!

The Fallen One
07-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Good luck.

Woo hoo I'm a Priest! :D

And I looked back through, and I have to ask something. Why is it that yerkyerk finished with such low DPS? I have almost that much, and I'm not even out of Normal Act III. :knockout:

But I am twinking a lot. :D

Not sure at all what char I'm going to go with after this guy. If he fails. :D

Persona
07-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Bah! Am I the only person doing this challenge untwinked?

Sponozza
07-15-2008, 12:14 AM
My hunter is untwinked, but does have a legendary bow waiting for it at 39 (if I survive that high).

My caster is also untwinked, sitting at 25 in Act 2. I just got bored of just casting squall on everything.

Maybe I'll give her another go tomorrow. Not sure which mastery I'd pair with her. I was originally planning on going dream, to slow them down while in squall and waiting on lighting refresh. But a good old fashioned elementalist might bring a good deal to this challenge, what with the tank pet and all that AOE.

Barnacle_Ed
07-15-2008, 12:47 AM
level 17 Vanquisher, now in Delphi, and basically ripping through everything with aura's of doom. of course, gotta work on my survivability a bit, but i just found a niiiice Daevos Curiass which is helping with that.

incase i forgot to say before, this char is more or less untwinked (1 muled item each act. mostly artifacts since they're ANNOYING AS ALL HELL to find and make)

pics later when i'm not exhausted and in a screenshotty mood.

Persona
07-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Barmanu, the show stopper for so many challengers has been stopped by Kaori, the Conqueror on Epic (Six times! Took a video of the last run). Video can be seen below.... Would anyone like a site where you guys can upload videos, kind of like YouTube but only for TitanQuest videos?
Video (http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Barmanu.avi)

Stormbringer
07-15-2008, 03:02 AM
You don't transfer items from other toon even in legendary?

Persona
07-15-2008, 03:09 AM
Nope. If I did, I'd have Sapros the Corrupter and a lot of other stuff. Would make my character too much of a force of nature. At level 61, my Conqueror can already use everything.

Lepruk86
07-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Nope; I was untwinked.

All my gear was found by the character. Though by the time you hit level 30ish you have some decent stuff.

I want to re-attempt this but I am not sure which way to go. I may try another Haruspex but focus on DA and damage avoidance.

Actually I usually go Bow or caster; I might try a completely new class like a conqueror or something.

minisav
07-15-2008, 07:23 AM
I twink. The game encourages it so I use it :D

Poinas
07-15-2008, 08:59 AM

Nope, my Spellbinder is also untwinked. Though progress is slow, I'm occupied with Diablo II currently.

Your video showed some reckless gameplay..you were so close to dying. What was your stun resistance?

yerkyerk
07-15-2008, 09:05 AM
If I would attempt it again, I'd do it untwinked. But even this challenge has proven to be too easy (there were some challenges, but they were extremely rare, and even than they were only challenging because I underestimated the situation).

I'm hopefully awaiting the balance patch will proof to be more difficult than the xMAX mod in Legendary.

nzone
07-15-2008, 09:57 AM
you know playing TQ/IT costs me roughly $30 extra a month on electricity bill!

minisav
07-15-2008, 10:11 AM
@yerkyerk

How about trying it with a much harder build. Instead of pets doing the dirty work do it yourself?!

The Fallen One
07-15-2008, 10:47 AM

My other 2 characters are doing this mostly untwinked, just a Crown of the Elements waiting for them, and it's just an epic. Otherwise it's relics, charms, and artifacts. Storm is waiting for Ikon of Zeus and Marduk's Tablet of Destiny.

@yerkyerk

How about trying it with a much harder build. Instead of pets doing the dirty work do it yourself?!

I agree. Soothsayers are just too good for this challenge. Go for a challenging combination, like, say a caster. :eek:

Maybe I'll give the caster a shot. I have always liked Elementalists.

Forgot that my other 2 characters ARE casters. :D

Still, I'm wondering. Why is it that there are no other hybrids? I'm doing great (though I am twinking) so far.

Persona
07-15-2008, 12:32 PM
That's what confuses me, my stun resistance is 125%, he shouldn't have been able to stun me for so long. I was completely unprepared for that. My secondary resistances are 18, 86, 21, 125, 80.

And I don't mean to sound snotty or anything, but the people who are saying "I play untwinked except...." need to really look at what they're saying. Untwinked except a legendary bow or a couple of divine artifacts, some other items that I'll need to wait till I hit other difficulties to get, really now.

Scarecrow
07-15-2008, 01:02 PM
I just started what will eventually become an evoker, she will be doing the game completely untwinked.

I have an assassin who's in legendary xmax, zero deaths, but she doesn't count for this challenge as she's HEAVILY twinked plus I'm using cheesy stuff like bachtrous (or however the heck you spell it) greaves and homados on her.

yerkyerk
07-15-2008, 01:13 PM
@yerkyerk

Nah, I'd be bored to pieces with most other builds. I find petmancer usually very varied - there's lots of things to do (Plague, Vision of Death, Heal, Enslave, Summon Outsider, Refresh, Briar Ward are all skills that are all used excessively). If I do the dirty work myself (and I did make some melee and caster builds), that variety disappears and I'll be mostly left-clicking.

Perhaps I might make a petmancer without Nature and Spirit class..

On a note though; I do charge my Soothsayer head-on into battle if I'm completely bored. With that, I'm actually scratching my adversaries.

minisav
07-15-2008, 06:46 PM
You tried the Bestiary mastery in the Masteries mod?

:rockon:

The whole left hand side filled with pet displays :D

Just noticed.

Demi-God status reached :rockon:

A lot of my posts are just reposting what the more experienced users have posted.

Amazing how much it has done to my post-count :lol:

Sponozza
07-15-2008, 10:05 PM
My stormcaller has now advanced into a prophet, in late epic. I seriously underestimated Distortion Wave. That 50% slow, combined with squall kills everything. Except for enemies immune to slow, of course. Those three dogs for the lost brother quest almost killed me (since I have sub 1500 hitpoints). I need to hope for some +movement speed drops soon, or I'll probably die to the bulls later.

Edit: The hunter is still a hunter, on the backburner while I see how far the prophet can go.

Persona
07-16-2008, 01:04 AM
If anyone can help me understand why I get stunned for 2-3 seconds with maxed out stun resistance, I'd very much appreciate it otherwise, I've more or less got Barmanu's patterns down pat so I can take them out easily now (http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Barmanu2.avi).

nzone
07-16-2008, 01:27 AM
skill disruption work better on him.

Magic Missile
07-16-2008, 07:45 AM
If anyone can help me understand why I get stunned for 2-3 seconds with maxed out stun resistance, I'd very much appreciate it otherwise, I've more or less got Barmanu's patterns down pat so I can take them out easily now (http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/Barmanu2.avi).

Secondary resistances have a cap which they do not display. I think there are diminishing returns between 80% and 300% where the latter is truly immune. Though if you already have that, the other theory is that it's just max 80% period.

The Fallen One
07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
A lot of my posts are just reposting what the more experienced users have posted.

Amazing how much it has done to my post-count :lol:

:eek:

That's what I do. :shifty:

@yerkyerk

What about a spellbreaker or a champion? They're good pet builds.

yerkyerk
07-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Hm.. I'm against using -100% recharge, it makes certain elements of the game rather stupidly overpowered.

With a petmancer I do want a bunch of pets doing my bidding; I want to be there mainly for weakening the enemies and strengthening my pets.
The only classes that are left for me to combine for a somewhat powerful pet build would be:
Dream, Earth and perhaps Storm.
So that leaves;
Prophet, Evoker and Elementalist.

minisav
07-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Took on the Cyclops at level 18 with Eruption level 1. A bit tricky but done in the end. While I'm on the beach my brother storms in and kicks me off the computer and turns off TQ.

I had to fight them again :(

I levelled up first and went in with level 4 eruption. Breeze! :rockon:

Barnacle_Ed
07-16-2008, 05:20 PM
gah, Tuunez the Vanquisher got stomped on the Gorgons...stunned with potions on cooldown :(

didn't even kill a single one; their chain heals overcame battle aura and i couldn't heal fast enough to get any decent damage in.

The Fallen One
07-16-2008, 05:33 PM
gah, Tuunez the Vanquisher got stomped on the Gorgons...stunned with potions on cooldown :(

didn't even kill a single one; their chain heals overcame battle aura and i couldn't heal fast enough to get any decent damage in.

I hate that heal chain, tough luck man.

The Fallen One
07-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Hm.. I'm against using -100% recharge, it makes certain elements of the game rather stupidly overpowered.

With a petmancer I do want a bunch of pets doing my bidding; I want to be there mainly for weakening the enemies and strengthening my pets.
The only classes that are left for me to combine for a somewhat powerful pet build would be:
Dream, Earth and perhaps Storm.
So that leaves;
Prophet, Evoker and Elementalist.

I quite agree, maybe a little recharge wouldn't hurt, but -100 doesn't suit me.

Go Elementalist. :rockon:

Awesome class, first I ever made and still my fav. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sponozza
07-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Elementalist isn't really a pet class, its more of a "you all die now" class. It was the first one I took through legendary, just spamming Squall and Eruption, VO if they got too close.

I'm liking the prophet atm. I don't see it being as high damage as an elementalist, but with sleep, confuse, and DW slowing everyone down, it could be just as effective.

Edit: My prophet landed a Siphon staff the other day. I was kinda shocked, I'm so used to just seeing melee blues and stashing them into my vault for selling in act 3 that I didn't even look at it until I got back into town.

The Fallen One
07-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Elementalist has CD and Storm Wisp. The Wisp can survive through most attacks (doesn't do well on bosses) and gives you the Eye of the Storm buff. CD is the best tank. Distraction+Squall+Eruption+VO=No monsters.

I started one for this challenge myself. Eno Nellaf (couldn't think of anything else :lol:) is owning everything in sight. CD 1-hits everything that gets to him, and that is maybe 1 or 2 monsters. :rockon:

armathus
07-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Chuffed to bits. My lvl 19 warrior just killed the gorgons on Xmax, was tough, used 83 hp pots, had to try and pull em apart which i managed in the end.
Once sepereated they couldn't out chain-heal my dps and they fell one by o

Sponozza
07-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Could just be my own personal playstyle then. I only used the wisp for its buff, and never even bothered with the core dweller until I had nothing else to dump points into.

minisav
07-17-2008, 06:41 AM
Chuffed to bits. My lvl 19 warrior just killed the gorgons on Xmax, was tough, used 83 hp pots, had to try and pull em apart which i managed in the end.
Once sepereated they couldn't out chain-heal my dps and they fell one by o

They are one of the harder challenges just because of the amount of them. Will be similar for the Grey Sisters.

Hopefully Eruption will be maxed by then and I will destroy them!

nzone
07-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I think without some kind of range attack, xmax without death challenge is not going to happen.

I used my Templar who doesn't have a range attack skill died almost instantly on the ascending road to the fire bull. Those dragons equip with fire arrow are insanely mad! This is Legendary and my Templar has 68% fire resistance and 56% Pierce Resistance. And I have all kind of secondary resistances as well. His Defensive Ability is at 1500+ and his life point is 5K.

Persona
07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
DA doesn't affect ranged attacks at all. You could have 3000DA and still get totally destroyed by a bunch of archers. I noticed with my Conqueror when taking on the second Telkine in Epic that with 58ish Fire resistance, his stupid ray attack from the sky did pretty major damage but when I pumped it up to nearly 80%, it barely scratched me.

nzone
07-17-2008, 01:26 PM
I believe DA does have an affect. It's not a total attack avoidance from projectiles but it will help reduce critical damage point area. But I could be wrong. I could divert all points into Trance of Conv.
but I don't think it'll help anything because as my Templar is toe-to-toe with them, it's like 20-30 arrows sling at him -- 80% fire/pierce resistance won't help. The only thing that helps is avoid getting hit but it not possible without range attack.

What I learned from this is the next build is going to include Earth ;)

The Fallen One
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Eno Nellaf is loving VO. :D

I'm clearing through the mobs, probably going back to owning with Storm today. He needs attention. ;)

minisav
07-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Ehrich Weiss is lving Eruption. 3 Cyclops down in 3 seconds :razz:

And it was only level 4

nzone
07-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Volcanic Orb rules and sissy at the same time :)
The cool down time is, I think, about the same time as Batter.

Persona
07-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Hrm, I was under the impression that range attacks never critical. I believe I read that in the game mechanics thread.

yerkyerk
07-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Afaik, ranged attacks do not rely on OA - and OA causes crits, among others. Does this also mean ranged attacks never miss?

minisav
07-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Yep. But Bows can't crit. Poinas said it in a nother thread

Barnacle_Ed
07-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Does this also mean ranged attacks never miss?

only if the target (ie: you) has a chance to avoid projectiles. which is why pierce resistance is so important.

The Fallen One
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Updates for all 3.

Storm has reached Chang-an and farmed Bandari. The Terra Cotta Army in the palace was worse than Bandari, they all fell to some well placed squalls. :D However, there is some serious lagging next to the gate to the Forest of the Ancients, so that will be a nightmare. Just cast some squalls, I guess. ;) Got a legendary shield equipped, so that helps.

Eno Nellaf is progressing very well, is farming Nessus. Got the entire Oracle set on. I love how the set bonus is -10% recharge, so -20% recharge. :razz: I won't go higher than 50%, if at all.

Hades Jr, however, is probably going to stay where he is. Just past Nessus, and suffering from low damage output. :( Maybe getting some low-level epics will help. :rockon:

@yerkyerk

Ranged attacks CAN miss, depending on whether the target moves. :lol:

I have seen a Manaed shooting at me, then step aside just to dodge it. OA does help against those with high dexterity, as it increases the odds that you will hit it, while DA increases the chance that the attack will miss.

EDIT: stupid internet, Barnacle Ed said pretty much what I said. Minus the dexterity.

yerkyerk
07-18-2008, 06:29 AM
OA does help against those with high dexterity, as it increases the odds that you will hit it, while DA increases the chance that the attack will miss.

EDIT: stupid internet, Barnacle Ed said pretty much what I said. Minus the dexterity.

I think Barnacle Ed was referring solely to "chance to avoid projectiles", something you didn't mention.
DA helps, ok, but in the bolded letters you state the OA does increase the chance to hit against enemies with high dexterity? I'm confused by that, as it was previously stated OA doesn't help for hitchance on ranged attacks...

minisav
07-18-2008, 06:36 AM
OA only helps for Melee afaik

nzone
07-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Is Trance of Wrath + Ring of Flame (and its synergy) that powerful? This combo isn't good doing range attack but meleeing toe-to-toe (for regular monsters just run pass them they all dead) it's a major tanker especially Heroes and ending ACT bosses. Granted, this is the first time playing an Evoker but I am amazed how a melee Evoker can be this powerful. Normally, when I see the elite/hero black tigerman or dragonian I would just run away trying to isolate them but with my melee Evoker he can stand toe-to-toe with 6 of them whoa! Even when they drop the battle standard flag, my Evoker is not even effected -- :) what elite/hero tigerman/Dragonian? -- they are a pushover now. Although, my melee Evoker has a little trouble with Dragonian Firetalons (they are a major pain in the ***) but luckily he's equip with Volcanic Orb. He is rested at the yellow emperor palace -- the 3 fire bulls were just a pushover in about 10 seconds.

nzone
07-18-2008, 10:12 AM
OA only helps for Melee afaik

I thought OA helps anything that does physical damage including bow/arrows (probably staffs too).
I thought having higher OA would allow your attack a higher % to hit critical point.

Persona
07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
But Bows and Staffs don't ever do critical hits because they're never affected by OA. They always hit no matter what. They only thing that affect whether or not they hit Chance to Avoid Projectiles.

yerkyerk
07-18-2008, 10:41 AM
@nzone: You're just in Normal, right? Ring of Flame will become rather useless in higher difficulties.

Viper_Sweden
07-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Not if he's using it in conjunction with Trance of Wrath. It's not total-awesome but it works, with the right gear...

The Fallen One
07-18-2008, 11:10 AM
I was stating that OA would help against monsters like Manaeds, who have high dexterity. Their DA is high enough to dodge ranged or melee attacks, so OA might help with that.

minisav
07-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Dodging ranged attacks is Chance to Avoid projectiles though ;)

So OA won't help at all there

nzone
07-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Yerkyerk:

I'm still in Normal. I've never used Ring of Flame or Trance of Wrath before so I don't know how they scale in the higher difficulties. I hope the RoF+ToW still works wonder.

Phrate
07-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Plan on trying the challenge out.. I have never beat normal before.. but gonna try an Illusionist :P level 7 atm with 2 wolves. Think it might just work :P Anyway.. I'm also untwinked.. so wish me luck !!

StrictlyFire
07-18-2008, 03:15 PM
OK, just downloaded Xmax, and I have decided to give this a shot. With a build I have not used before. A spear Dream/Hunt toon. Will also fire it up using a caster, since we are allowed to use all the goodies we have stored.

Silly question tho. In the first 5-10 levels, how did everyone manage to score enough gold to pay for the potions? I went through at *least* 50 potions before clearing the 3 shamans. OR is that part of the 'gear you found previously' clause? stock up on potions, or just sell off an epic you happen to have 6 of, and buy the zillion potions you will need that way?

nzone
07-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Loots every piece of gear you find, heck even the gray ones Ctrl-Z to pick them up :). After level 3, you shouldn't be drinking too much potion.
The trick is to pick a tank skill that tanks a group in one shot, Volcanic Orb for example.

minisav
07-18-2008, 03:34 PM
I was alright with both mine. If you go ranged you should be safe

Damnationed
07-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Not if he's using it in conjunction with Trance of Wrath. It's not total-awesome but it works, with the right gear...

well, with decent gear is insane...
My evoker literally ran through epic

Viper_Sweden
07-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Epic is not Legendary... ;)

The Fallen One
07-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Storm just made it to the town before the Jade Palace. Stupid Fire Talons and Wyrm Mages are a pain, they brought me down to very low health, maybe about 1,000. :knockout:

I think that if Trance of Wrath and Ring of Flame is a good combo, go for it if it can get you far, and respec later.

Magic Missile
07-18-2008, 06:23 PM
...Win.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/5923/sarvcompletekc2.jpg

Multiple close calls with the Vortex of Death, including a Marduk's save. I also hate one of the last save points in the game, because archers love shooting at you while you're preparing. Which forced a Marduk's save, and a near death after the fact. Rangers love attracting enemies, it seems.

It is worth noting that with this setup the orbs were only doing 1.1k or so. The vortex was worse, and the melee attack really bad though.

Persona
07-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Congratulations Magic Missile. Couple of questions.

Firstly, twinked or untwinked? If it's untwinked, I'm not going to try as hard to complete the challenge with my Conqueror anymore.

Secondly, I noticed so far that you're the second character who has completed the challenge with Alcyneous' Breastplate (That's what I'm assuming it is), what're the stats on it?

armathus
07-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi all, well shortly after Killing the gorgons i stupidly ran forward through heavy lag and bit the dust as i'd ran into more mobs than my warrior could handly, NVM. I am going to start again as i am determined to do this challange, just wondering i know now defiling is allowed in terms of buff your stats and masteries or enchanting epics and legendary's, but are we allowed to use the infinate potion stacking as this just helps in terms of saving space, and how about expanding the caravan?
Please could someone let me know.

Thanks

EDIT: i have deactivated Zeus's speech, i assume this is ok :)

EDIT AGAIN: Can we also use the Skins mod, i love the Necromance look :)

The Fallen One
07-18-2008, 11:19 PM
The Zeus Speech disable is allowed, as well as Super Flying Bodies, Infinite Potion Stacking, Display all damage, and Freeze Time of Day.

Skin mods are ok, as well as masteries mod (I think).

EDIT: Insensitive guy that I am, congrats MagicMissile. I hope that I'll be next!

The Fallen One
07-18-2008, 11:24 PM
The good thing is that you're allowed to use any items you've found with previous characters. However, all items must be legitimate so no bugged items such as homados or other items that give u super speed that isnt in its definition. Also absolutely NO defiling to increase attribute points,multiple masteries, socked blue or purples etc. No cheating allowed, play with pride people! Its the final frontier in the game. Of course if u die the challenge is over for you.:headbang:

Clearly stated armathus.

Sponozza
07-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Prophet has hit 36, halfway through normal act 3. Definitely hasn't been as easy as the previous acts, squall alone isn't cutting it anymore. I'm hoping I'll see some greens with +%lightning or +%elemental soon.

Right now my strat involves casting squall, then using distortion wave to keep enemies inside it, rinse repeat, with this spec here.
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Prophet&master1=8&master2=9&sa=3&m1=32-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-12-0-5-0-6-12-0-0-0-0-5-0-0&m2=32-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-1-0-0-0-0

Wondering if I should pull some points out of lightning bolt to bump up a pet. I only really use lightning as a boss killer atm.

Edit: Congratulations Magic Missle sir.

armathus
07-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Ok thankyou for the info FallenOne, ANd congratz to you Magic Missile, I hope to that i will be able to complete this epic task.

bigjeey
07-19-2008, 02:34 AM
This seems like a nice thing to do :D
I currently am in act3 epic with my lvl 49 evoker and just love it. But since i couldn't make up my mind before about what masteries to get i used TQ defiler (only to reset masteries). I never had such a great time playing through it. I can kill about anything in 2-3 seconds (apart from bosses), currently epic: 0 dies, 0 health potions (thank you ToC :D)

Damnationed
07-19-2008, 07:15 AM
playin' haruspex again, And I have had bit luck
http://shrani.si/t/3O/Ke/1BOzJvN8/screenshot127.jpg (http://shrani.si/?3O/Ke/1BOzJvN8/screenshot127.jpg)
B-greaves of campaigning
http://shrani.si/t/2y/L8/2xBw6BqE/screenshot128.jpg (http://shrani.si/?2y/L8/2xBw6BqE/screenshot128.jpg)
this is not bad either

you can also check my stats

The Fallen One
07-19-2008, 10:21 AM
This seems like a nice thing to do :D
I currently am in act3 epic with my lvl 49 evoker and just love it. But since i couldn't make up my mind before about what masteries to get i used TQ defiler (only to reset masteries). I never had such a great time playing through it. I can kill about anything in 2-3 seconds (apart from bosses), currently epic: 0 dies, 0 health potions (thank you ToC :D)

The masteries reset mod is off limits. Check the original post, 2nd paragraph. Or my post above.

Magic Missile
07-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Congratulations Magic Missile. Couple of questions.

Firstly, twinked or untwinked? If it's untwinked, I'm not going to try as hard to complete the challenge with my Conqueror anymore.

Secondly, I noticed so far that you're the second character who has completed the challenge with Alcyneous' Breastplate (That's what I'm assuming it is), what're the stats on it?

Very heavily twinked. Just look at all the MI gear. My setup was largely based on whoever had did it first (Poinas, I believe) as I would have overlooked the Visor otherwise. And Empusas hate me, and my computer.

The main purpose of that armor is that it gives large amounts of pierce resistance by default. Pierce resistance is the most important primary resistance. And of course you can get prefixes and suffixes as normal. I had a very good one, but any will be about 80% as good at least simply for the help in maxing all primary resistances.

Complete gear (I switch according to circumstance, if you see more gear than I can use at once that's why).

Visor of the Shadowlord (life leech, energy leech, bleeding, stun resistances as well as other nice mobs).

I forgot the name of the bow, I haven't highlighted it in a while and don't have the game up to check.

The breastplate of awesomeness of course.

Stonebinder's cuffs.

Apollo's Will * 2.

Pendant of Immortal Rage.

Blackbeard's Booties (these blue boots are surprisingly good).

Marduk's Tablet of Destiny.

Revenant Crown (for lots of skills, and 95% vitality resistance).

I also have a lot of str/life jewelry. One with a Legendary Demon's Blood, two with Ritual Tortured Soul, a Ritual amulet with a Ritual Tortured Soul... And I have an Onager on switch, for when I'm too lazy to press 1 or 2 and need healing/mana. It works nicely when running between packs, for example. I think that's all of it, still waking up.

Also packing a Sacrificial medallion with an Isis relic for getting larger bonuses from quests. I don't use it anywhere else though, too risky.

I am also running a Harbringer. His gear will be lower quality. I'm seeing how low I can go and still succeed, so he'll just have purples instead of awesome greens for the most part. Not that Sapros + Thorny is anything to sneeze at mind you. Just that the Ranger was my test to see if I could do it at all. Since that's done, I'll try to succeed under increasingly restrictive conditions until I fail.

bigjeey
07-19-2008, 12:43 PM
I read the masteries reset mod is off limit, and my DPS isn't high enough, thats why i dont participate.

Persona
07-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Aha, I'm starting to see why the Alcyneous' Breastplate is used. I guess if I can land one, I may use it. Probably be easier to get my Legendary gears up and running though. Thanks for the clarification Magic Missile. I'm almost at Epic Typhon, the Liche Kings under Wusao Mountain are a pain in the arse and I actually had to switch out to a bow to take them out.

Edit: After farming the act 3 Telkine for a bit and getting absolutely nothing to show for it, I moved on to Typhon. And he was suprisingly easier than I expected with Battle Marker, Colussus Form, Battle Standard and Triumph proving to be a winning formula, I suppose. I traded out my Thorny Maul for an Enkidu's Stand. I lose quite a lot of dps, but my shield still does a lot of damage and with Enkidu's Stand, my shield passives occur a lot more often. The 222% attack speed with onslaught is nice too, as is the nearly 100 hp/s regen rate.
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/screenshot47.jpg
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/screenshot48.jpg
http://the-aria.org/TQIT/xmax/screenshot49.jpg
Anyone have any suggestion with what to do with those 14 stat points?

The Fallen One
07-19-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm going to need to spend a lot of time tomorrow, I've been a little busy with my Olympian Project (http://www.titanquest.net/forums/immortal-throne-gameplay/25040-olympian-project.html#post258851), so it will take a while. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I'm taking on the Demon Bulls tomorrow, if I get that far. Maybe halfway to him, for now. The river valley is going to be a nightmare. :knockout:

Damnationed
07-20-2008, 09:59 AM
gonna finish epic soon...
http://shrani.si/t/3d/lT/6GVBw4B/screenshot130.jpg (http://shrani.si/?3d/lT/6GVBw4B/screenshot130.jpg)

http://shrani.si/t/43/58/4wTDdanS/screenshot131.jpg (http://shrani.si/?43/58/4wTDdanS/screenshot131.jpg)

The Fallen One
07-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Dang, I think I might have entered one of my Olympians into the challenge. :shifty:

Ah well, here goes nothing . . .

ENTER ATHENA!

nzone
07-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Congrats Magic Missile. The Marduk's is pretty granted immortality.

yerkyerk
07-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Congrats Magic! Guess you're third than.

The Fallen One
07-20-2008, 12:09 PM
I shall be 4th*!

Is it just me, or have all of the victors been part Nature? :whistle:

*I can do with top 10, though

Magic Missile
07-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Congrats Magic! Guess you're third than.

Third in order yes. The highest level to complete was... what was it? 67? So I'm first by that criteria. :P

Nature = huge life buff. Easy to see why. Though my Harbringer is kicking *** (and too busy to take names) and he doesn't have any Nature.

Persona
07-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Just you wait. I'm going to complete this challenge untwinked even if it kills me..... Ok fine, not if it kills me. Typhon is a being a pain and not dropping the things I want him to drop. Heck, he's even dropped another Thorny. Anyone know if Athena's Battle Greaves drop normally in Epic? My Haruspex found one somewhere in Epic Greece but I don't remember where.

Stormbringer
07-20-2008, 12:29 PM
When I'm reading this thread, I feel more and more bored with playing normal "softcore" game. I can't sleep at night, thinking "how it would be playing hardcore character, with only one life". ;)

I think I'll create a new character, and it will be BONE CHARMER. Anyone has finished 0 deaths x-max challenge with Bone Charmer?
My terms:
- equipp toon with previously found items (I like finding treasure, it will be of use)
- play on x3 mod, because of lags on xmax :(, both of this mods have three bosses, so the challenge will almost be the same.

My 49 lvl Bone Charmer will be a "training and experimenting toon".

The Fallen One
07-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Guardian, Soothsayer, and Ranger. In that order.

EDIT: If you don't play with xmax, you're not in the challenge. Check the original post, second paragraph.

StrictlyFire
07-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Just you wait. I'm going to complete this challenge untwinked even if it kills me..... Ok fine, not if it kills me. Typhon is a being a pain and not dropping the things I want him to drop. Heck, he's even dropped another Thorny. Anyone know if Athena's Battle Greaves drop normally in Epic? My Haruspex found one somewhere in Epic Greece but I don't remember where.

I believe they do. But it's the usual Murphy's Law situation. You will find anything you DONT need, while what you are in search of, will not drop. I have seen 2 dozen greaves at this point, and still no thorny or sapros. *shrug* The farming continues ;)

Magic Missile
07-20-2008, 01:25 PM
I found a Thorny from an Epic skeleton, (or zombie, not sure) and in one or two other places. Only one Sapros, after all this time. Meanwhile, I could fill vaults with certain other uniques... borked RNG much?

Persona
07-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I farmed Epic Polyphemus for a Thorny, roughly 70 bunches of xmax'd Polyphemus, making that 210 of 'em, nothing. I give up, amble along towards Athens and find a Skeleton with one. I don't even know if an Athena's Battle Greaves will be viable for my current equipment set up, but I'd sure as hell like to be able to see for myself to know. I just wish I could see what the heck Typhon had a chance to drop.

Edit: Wait, Sapros drops in Epic?!

The Fallen One
07-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Legendaries (even good ones) can drop in Epic. ;)

minisav
07-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Less chances of it happenign though. Statistically

The Fallen One
07-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Which would make sense. :nerd:

It's not as lucky as them being quest rewards. ;)

Persona
07-20-2008, 03:22 PM
What I means is them dropping normally, not from the abysmally low chance of from a bone pile.

minisav
07-20-2008, 03:22 PM
That was an insane Quest Reward. The Trapped in the Ruins quest is the best one for that IMO. Can't wait to get more chars to legendary!

Damnationed
07-20-2008, 03:46 PM
hah, I've made it
http://shrani.si/t/1p/102/3E08gxcD/screenshot132.jpg (http://shrani.si/?1p/102/3E08gxcD/screenshot132.jpg)
no I'm just kidding, this is epic only
http://shrani.si/t/1v/10F/3RZzvrrX/screenshot133.jpg (http://shrani.si/?1v/10F/3RZzvrrX/screenshot133.jpg)
resists suck really hard as they hit legendary penalties...:/

Magic Missile
07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I farmed Epic Polyphemus for a Thorny, roughly 70 bunches of xmax'd Polyphemus, making that 210 of 'em, nothing. I give up, amble along towards Athens and find a Skeleton with one. I don't even know if an Athena's Battle Greaves will be viable for my current equipment set up, but I'd sure as hell like to be able to see for myself to know. I just wish I could see what the heck Typhon had a chance to drop.

Edit: Wait, Sapros drops in Epic?!

Mine dropped in Legendary. Thorny dropped in Epic act 1 though.

Athena's is about the best boots for pure damage. Except pure damage on a hardcore challenge is a suboptimal approach, because you cannot neglect your defensive stats.

Oh and I got a Chromatic Staff from a quest reward before. *shrugs*

Edit: I'm getting Hades * 3 down to a science. He's only seriously threatening in the first two forms, third form I can just stand there and trade shots with a few potions thrown in.

Persona
07-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Honestly, I'd need to have a pair of Athena's on hand to even know if it's viable for my current build. I may angle for a Legguards of the Flameborn, but that'd take forever to get.

Barnacle_Ed
07-21-2008, 02:03 AM
going to try a pet-based build here again; melee ritualist, untwinked

probably a lot higher survivability than my last character...

Stormbringer
07-21-2008, 03:16 AM
So I've decided to pick up the gauntlet. But "only" x3. When I was trying on xmax, my PC beeper was informing me, that CPU temperature is too high. Of course the performance was lower. :(

So, only x3.
Started a new bone charmer - Aurora - the goddes of down in Roman mythology.

I'm in Ambrossos now. Had few problems with 3x Polyphemus. But it wasn't close call at all.

Viper_Sweden
07-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Less chances of it happenign though. Statistically

Actually, that depends on the item. Thorny Maul for example, has a higher chance of dropping in Epic than in Legendary.

challenge
07-21-2008, 04:52 AM
Well after trying untwinked and dying late normal I'm going to twink a templar.

Have a lot of melee gear so time to put it to some use.

nzone
07-21-2008, 11:24 AM
I got a Thorny from the Soldier Commander after complete the Lama quest in Athena.

question: if I have high DA, I don't necessary need '% chance to dodge from attack', right? I am going to build a character with high DA and high avoid projectiles. And buff with 'Vile Ilchor' relics. Hmmm...Heraspux with ToC? I kind of like Avenger because of the stone form for one of those occassion in the sh*t hole ;)

The Fallen One
07-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I got a Thorny from the Soldier Commander after complete the Lama quest in Athena.

Do you mean the Limos quest in Athens? ;)

nzone
07-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Holy Cow! what did I just said. That would be something! My apology to the goddess Athena ;)

The Fallen One
07-21-2008, 02:23 PM
You have been reported to Brappa, though. :whistle:

Barnacle_Ed
07-21-2008, 03:36 PM
well i realized i've already done a ritualist, so i'm actually going Juggernaut.

right now, VO basically kills things :)

The Fallen One
07-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Want to give Hephaestus a try, Barnacle?

Stormbringer
07-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Why giant's armor (alcynoneus) is used in the end-game? Because of tons DA, resists and other properties?

My Aurora have defeated 3x Alastor few minutes ago. That was a little tough fight, but no close-calls.

Magic Missile
07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Why giant's armor (alcynoneus) is used in the end-game? Because of tons DA, resists and other properties?

My Aurora have defeated 3x Alastor few minutes ago. That was a little tough fight, but no close-calls.

DA and pierce resist. It gives at least 80% of the latter, and I've seen it go as high as 98%? Something like that. It's probably 81%-100%. Also gives triple digit DA which helps a lot, and affixes can add more if you're lucky.

Edit: I started an untwinked Spellbreaker (spirit first), he's currently level 6 and nothing special really. Did find a blue helm from the shaman chest, which he can't use for a bit.

The Fallen One
07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Gigantes and similar, from the Gigantes and Vindicators you find in Hades' Palace. They have high armor rating in legendary, 600(!) for Gigantes, Poryphorion has 605, and the 3rd type (which I've only seen once) has 615. And they're green. You can socket them with anything. :D

I'm going for Legendary Crystal of Erebus, Legendary Albino Spider Web, Legendary Turtle Shell x2 (1 for each shield), Legendary Demon's Blood x2, Incarnation of Persephone's Tears, Incarnation of Herakles' Strength. Incarnation of the Blade of Thanatos for the Rancors. With these I get max Pierce Resist, +Damage to Undead/Demons, Vitality Resist, Life Leech resist, and reduced damage from Undead. :rockon:

EDIT: Thank you Magic Missile, I didn't know about that. I got them for the armor rating.

Barnacle_Ed
07-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Want to give Hephaestus a try, Barnacle?

hehe, looks like it...i started off as a female avatar, but i'm still in Helos so re-rolling won't take long. one Olympian coming up!

EDIT: core build going to look like this. (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Juggernaut&master1=1&master2=5&sa=15&m1=32-12-0-8-1-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-0-12-1-0-12-0&m2=32-0-1-1-6-1-1-0-6-6-6-1-6-1-6-8-1-1-0-1-6-0) later points probably going into Coredweller

probably going to be based around using hammers/clubs largely. he'll definitely use a Smith's Hammer early on. later, he'll get a Might of Hephaestus artifact and, if i have it, a Hand of Hephaestus mace.

The Fallen One
07-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Don't forget his shield!

Barnacle_Ed
07-21-2008, 09:56 PM
don't think i have it actually...time to start farming with my spellbinder again!

also, there's apparently a ring of hephaestus which i'm not sure if i have either. hopefully it'll turn up in farming runs too. fortunately, i've still got a LONG while till he can equip it :whistle:

level 7 Pyromancer, currently at the fountain by the medecines waylaid guy. screens eventually.

The Fallen One
07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm going to get back to this tomorrow. I've been spending a lot of time on the Ultimate Immortal Challenge, using Demeter (of course).

nzone
07-21-2008, 10:05 PM
boss killer: Eruption -> Stone Form.

The Fallen One
07-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Eruption kills them, but Stone Form will save your life. ;)

Barnacle_Ed
07-21-2008, 11:47 PM
hopefully i'll be high enough level by Polyphemus to actually try that...currently though, earth enchantment + brimstone + smith's hammer are more than enough to smash anything in this angry blacksmith's way

Nessus bugged up so i had to face him in regular TQ. unsurprisingly, he fell easily.

the screenshot i took over his vanquished corpse appears to have bugged up, though. it appears totally black...little help?

Persona
07-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Happens with vertical sync or triple buffering, if I remember right, turned on. You might want to try turning those off. Also, it sometimes just comes out black one time and appears normally the next.

Barnacle_Ed
07-22-2008, 02:59 AM
3x Nessuses (Nessi?) appeared when i turned on xMax again and ran through Pellana Valley, so i killed them anyways and got a pair of screenshots by them. like Persona said, they appear to have turned out fine...here's hoping they are when i upload them in the morning.

Stormbringer
07-22-2008, 03:33 AM
DA and pierce resist. It gives at least 80% of the latter, and I've seen it go as high as 98%? Something like that. It's probably 81%-100%. Also gives triple digit DA which helps a lot, and affixes can add more if you're lucky.

When exploring Hades' Palace yesterday, I've found two alconynous' plates. >600 armor, 80 and 85% pierce resistance. One of them has also a few good properties. Very nice armor. :)

The Fallen One
07-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Each of them has 615 armor, so they are the best you can find. I've only found one of them, and I just left it because it didn't have as good properties as what I had for Gigantes and Poryphorions.

yerkyerk
07-22-2008, 11:21 AM
I decided to go at this again with an untwinked petmancer.
This time it'll be a Dream+something (Storm most likely).
Called him Deus Ex. He's at level 4, just oneshot blasted the entire satyr army that is attacking the city when you leave with Distortion Wave. Looked amazing :D

Distortion Wave is magnificent early on. Still, I'm probably gonna respec it later.

nzone
07-22-2008, 12:06 PM
I like Distort Reality/Temporal Rift. It's like Matrix movie. Zipping them with ToW and then releasing Distort Reality; it looks amazing ;) They all dead after petrifying is over LOL.

Magic Missile
07-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Heh... So I get some blue mace with a level 11 requirement I can't use yet from the Abandoned Graveyard on my Spellbreaker. Then I kill those brutes, and get a Stone Hammer first try. Awesome weapon there, and unlike the blue mace I can use it now. Course I die at the same level I almost always do (8) yet again due to immense stupidity. One boar killed me because I got to low HP, knew I had no potions, but tried to kill it first. Doh.

So what I'm gonna do is pass his stuff to the next incarnation, but not any other equipment. Because 1-9 really hates me, but after that I'm fine.

In other news my Ranger keeps finding awesome legendary items such as Aphrodite's Favor, Cerebus' Collar, and so forth. Keeps finding Dactyls too, but makes sport of them.

The Fallen One
07-22-2008, 08:59 PM
What the heck is a dactyl? I've seen Gigantes and Vindicators, but nothing similare to Dactyls.

Persona
07-22-2008, 09:41 PM
They look like Vindicators. Blue and deadly. Think of them as a mini Barmanu tucked away secretly in the halls of Hade's palace.

The Fallen One
07-22-2008, 11:15 PM
So they're Vindicators? Or have a different name? Sorry, but I'm really stumped about this one.

Barnacle_Ed
07-23-2008, 02:37 AM
Dactyl = Gigantes-type enemy on crack.

well here's the promised screens from Hephaestus' little Nessus adventure

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/Barnacle_Ed/screenshot04.jpg
standing victorious over 3 dead centaur chiefs.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/Barnacle_Ed/screenshot05.jpg
quick screen of his gear. smith's hammer is the best thing there...

this is a bit outdated since he's now level 18, defeated 3x Polyphemus with (i regret to say) some dirty kiting tricks since i haven't picked up eruption yet, and will be in Delphi shortly.

Persona
07-23-2008, 02:56 AM
Dactyls are of the genus Gigantes but are of a species all on their own. They're quite rare, from my experience and can be mixed up quite easily with the species Vindicator, which usually makes for some very hasty retreating and potion popping.

Viper_Sweden
07-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Vindicators = Black with blue glow
Dactyls = Black with yellow/orange glow

Magic Missile
07-23-2008, 09:37 AM
You'll know if you found one by the shockwaves that do around oh... 4k. And get spammed a lot. You did farm those poison demons for Ritual Tortured Souls, right?

Oh and they also have around... I think 90% chance to avoid projectiles? Yeah, they hate ranged characters. I end up using Regrowth a lot, and shooting as much as I can while the wolves do most of the work. I'd imagine my Harbringer would have a much easier time though.

minisav
07-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Ehrich Weiss just made it to Knossos.

Alastor was easy. Because I opened the door and dropped Eruption while the 3 were bunched up. I then dropped in a VO to finish them off :)

yerkyerk
07-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Currently in Delphi, at level 15 with my Seer. It's not that hard yet, though I expect more problems in the future, since now I have to rely more on myself for damage dealing instead of my pets.

It's still fun to skyrocket all the little monsters with Distortion Wave.

@minisav; congrats on beating alastor, normal alastor is usually a pain for my xMAX characters. I bet it'll be a good challenge for my Seer too.

Stormbringer
07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Going to defeat 3x lord minotaurs and 3x telkines. Wish me luck...

yes, yes, 3x Alastor is a great challenge in... normal. In epic he (they) is (are) easier.

minisav
07-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Tbh he was simple. Maxed Eruption is so unfair this early on :lol:

yerkyerk
07-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Everything in Epic is easier :D

minisav
07-23-2008, 01:18 PM
This was normal...

Stormbringer
07-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Just defeated x3 minotaur lord, x3 telkine, x3 scarab - going to Memphis!

minisav
07-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Well Act II here I am :)

Minotaurs tore up CD early which left me to run around waiting for Eruption to recharge and occasionally traps to kill the enemy traps :lol:

Well, here is the after victory pic:
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/minisav16/Minotaur.jpg

Then came the Telkine. Well Eruption killed the statues really quickly then one the Telkines came over and attacked. Eruption wins again with some VOs for good measure. Then I went and finished the other 2 :)

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/minisav16/Telkine.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/minisav16/Main.jpg

I can't believe after all my twinking I don't have an artifact XD

Anybody who wishes to know what equip I have I can easily post my gear.

I may also give you a titancalc if you ask nicely ;)

The Fallen One
07-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Minisav, I would like to know that staff. Maybe my Elementalist can use it. :D

Alright, I have an update! Admitedly, I have been busy for the past several days, mostly farming. All greens isn't going to cut it. I'll post the gear later.

I breezed through the Jinghe River Valley, except for a few groups of Firetalons, of course. :mad: But, I felt better after I knocked one that breathed fire. :)

Mount Qiyun was easy, the Demon Bulls were ok. I managed to kill them 1 at a time. I'll post a screen later. Jinghe Wetlands were pretty easy too, I love how monsters with purple names give excellent drops. Anyway, I ran all the way through the Obsidian Halls, just not worth the risk of dying. I had to pop a couple of health pots a long the way. Telkines were easy, just a Scroll of the Sky's Rage, a Battle Standard, a Squall, and 5 ancestral Warriors.

I did defeat Typhon, but I didn't take screens, so I'll do it again and take some screens. Found 4 Arcane Formulas between the Telkine and Typhon. :D

minisav
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
The staff is the Staff of Nabukhuthnusar:
http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=1704

It is being replaced with the more deadly Blastos Fotia
http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=1659

And I defeated the 3 Scarab things and reached Hathor Basin. The slow down ability of the poison almost killed me once CD was dead. Luckily Eruption recharged and I killed them :)

Persona
07-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Small update from me. I took a three day break from gaming to make sure I scored well on my exams and just got back into the things today. Conqueror just entered Elysium and will complete Epic by tonight without any deaths, hopefully.

yerkyerk
07-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Deus Ex transformed from a Seer into a prophet. It's gonna be a hybrid to, using spells, melee attacks and pets. Currently in the Hanging Gardens - I'm a bit worried about it's survivability atm..

The Fallen One
07-25-2008, 07:34 PM
The staff is the Staff of Nabukhuthnusar

Heh, I'll stick to Siphon for now. I can counteract and override the life-leeching powers of the Limos. :D

Storm has (again) reached Olympus. Lv. 40 now, I'm probably going to farm Typhon until the next level, I've got a carrot with my name on it.