PDA

View Full Version : How the hell can i add a quest to the map through the editor ???

DPsygnet
07-03-2006, 10:41 AM
In layout mode, i click on quest , select files and then i can'T choose my .qst file Cause the browser is locked on the main game quests...

Surzel
07-03-2006, 11:16 AM
After you've saved your quest, auto-create an asset of your quest then build all. Now open up the editor and add it.

Linque
07-03-2006, 02:36 PM
This info should be featured into a Modding FAQ sticky on these forums.

Surzel
07-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Would be interesting to know if there's a possibility to add more than one quest. Sure there is, but the only quest I see is the last one added...

Linque
07-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Also, I'm having problems with getting the quest to display on the Quest Log. I made a quest into my 'Marketplace' training map, and it works like a dream but there's nothing displayed on the Quest Log. I did the 'update this quest's dialog tab' and 'update this quest's map marker' and also believe I did the "put the quest on the map" steps correctly. The steps were a bit awkward for me though so I'm not sure I managed to do it all correctly. For example, I'm not quite sure which folder the overlays are supposed to be exactly, and what path should I instert in the locationmap thing exactly. And why?

And what is the third file I was told to import for? There's the overlay and locationmap. What do these files do? What numbers am I supposed to enter into the X and Y coordinates - how can I figure the correct coordinates out .. just some random numbers were given to us in the tutorial.

It's all pretty vague, so I'm not sure where to look the error from. For all I know, I could have everything wrong from the get go. But the point is, that the quest works right. It just doesn't show up anywhere.

DPsygnet
07-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Also, I'm having problems with getting the quest to display on the Quest Log. I made a quest into my 'Marketplace' training map, and it works like a dream but there's nothing displayed on the Quest Log. I did the 'update this quest's dialog tab' and 'update this quest's map marker' and also believe I did the "put the quest on the map" steps correctly. The steps were a bit awkward for me though so I'm not sure I managed to do it all correctly. For example, I'm not quite sure which folder the overlays are supposed to be exactly, and what path should I instert in the locationmap thing exactly. And why?

And what is the third file I was told to import for? There's the overlay and locationmap. What do these files do? What numbers am I supposed to enter into the X and Y coordinates - how can I figure the correct coordinates out .. just some random numbers were given to us in the tutorial.

It's all pretty vague, so I'm not sure where to look the error from. For all I know, I could have everything wrong from the get go. But the point is, that the quest works right. It just doesn't show up anywhere.

yea i got the same problem as you do. the guide is Really vague on getting your quest to work, it's only tell you what to do and it's pretty confusing sometimes.

Surzel
07-03-2006, 05:50 PM
So you get this quest to work? I mean you can talk to the villager, kill the monster and get the reward?
If that's the case it would be really helpful to know your file structure and whether you did something differently from what the tutorial tells you to do.

Linque
07-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Actually I created a very simple quest of my own where you have to talk to one person, then talk to another and then talk to the first one again to finish it.

I had a bit of trouble getting it to work at first, but then I made every step generate a token and required the token as a condition for the next step. I did everything the tutorial said except for the satyr killing part of course.

Check it out. (http://www.saunalahti.fi/hanneku/linques%20marketplace.zip) The quest doesn't have any reward right now though.

Darksyd
07-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Surzel:

I also have the problem with only being able to add one quest.

I've been working to create a small world with a few quests as I get to know the tools, but I 'd like to be able to add more than one type of quest. I just started searching here for the info and saw this post, thought I'd make a reply, and I'll keep looking.

Surzel
07-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Thanks, as soon as I find a solution I'll post it here.

Max
07-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Surzel:

I also have the problem with only being able to add one quest.

I've been working to create a small world with a few quests as I get to know the tools, but I 'd like to be able to add more than one type of quest. I just started searching here for the info and saw this post, thought I'd make a reply, and I'll keep looking.
Ctrl+clicking should allow you to add more than one quest in the Editor.

Max

Darksyd
07-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Ctrl+clicking should allow you to add more than one quest in the Editor.

Max

Thanks man that worked. Surprised I never tried that lol.

Pit
07-10-2006, 06:10 PM
There's the info I was looking for. Thanks.

Bad case of in-house programming though.

Pit
07-10-2006, 06:32 PM
The 'Putting your quest on the map' part of tutoral 12 seems to be full of mistakes, though.
It tells you to install map point and overlay in the record folder of your database, and the location map in the top folder.
Then it says to edit the map point so that its overlay is set to some prefabricated file in the quest folder. Strange. but since the record folder of the batabase does not appear in the list I can chose from, I would have to do it by hand else.
Then it says to edit my location map's array to some file in records/ingameui... etc., which is not even there.
I tried to put in my quest marker file by hand. Of course it did not work.

has anybody succeeded in making a quest show up un the quest log?
Please post how you did it.

EDIT. The accompanying picture seems to show the correct file address, beginning with Cutommaps/