PDA

View Full Version : RMB: Batter or shield charge?

Omegamania
10-17-2007, 11:21 AM
What should I put on the RMB? I have Onslaught on my LMB.

DirtySanchez
10-17-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't understand why people don't use the RMB as their primary attack. Say you put Onslaught on the RMB VS. LMB. Click once and hold the click as you move the cursor from enemy to enemy. I couldn't stand having it on the LMB having to click and click and click and....... but to answer your question..I'd put Shield Charge on the other mouse button.

Omegamania
10-17-2007, 12:37 PM
That's a good point I"m just used to alternate attacks being on rmb. So is batter worhtless then? There's hardly time to hotkey it to a number and use it in battle otherwise.

DirtySanchez
10-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I don't think its' worthless. It's the 300% movement increase and one extra 1 target that causes me to use it. They seem very similar so I have always used Shield Charge instead of bothering to put points in Batter.

Whisk33
10-17-2007, 01:09 PM
That's a good point I"m just used to alternate attacks being on rmb. So is batter worhtless then? There's hardly time to hotkey it to a number and use it in battle otherwise.

Hardly. But hey don't try it out for yourself, just take someone else's word for it. (This is really one of those things that you should try and you should make the decision on what you like.)
I keep batter on the RMB and my onslaught or whatever on the left. Shield charge has a long cool down and I keep my left hand on the 123r keys. so its pretty easy for me to use my distance attacks (shieldcharge, warwind, Take down etc.) since they aren't used as often I like to keep them on the hotkeys.

DS, I don't know what you are saying. When I keep my primary attack on my left mouse button I do hold it and run around and it attacks automatically... The game begins with your primary attack on the left mouse and so I think people naturally gravitate towards that. I never really thought of making my primary the RMB but there is really no bonus to it. I think it would be harder for me to hold my middle finger down for an extended period of time.

DirtySanchez
10-17-2007, 01:20 PM
What I'm saying it this......with your primary attack on RMB (Onslaught, Psionic Touch,ETC.) when you encounter a group of monsters you simply click once on the first monster you intend to attack and hold it down. When that guy dies you move the cursor to the next monster and so on, without having to re-click to get him to attack the next monster. It's way more comfortable for me to do that and I have a hard time trying to play the other way so I guess it's one of those things you get used to and cant break away from.

Whisk33
10-17-2007, 02:10 PM
yeah, I do the same thing you use your RMB with my LMB... It's just always been the way I played. odd though.

DirtySanchez
10-17-2007, 02:28 PM
yeah, I do the same thing you use your RMB with my LMB... It's just always been the way I played. odd though.
And you dont have to re-click on the next monster to get your character to attack?

Whisk33
10-17-2007, 02:42 PM
I thought that I just clicked once and held... you are making me doubt myself...

no yeah I'm positive that I do NOT have to reclick, because its another one of my reasons for hating PT since when I get disrupted I am then forced to reclick it again to make my toon attack. Yeah I'm 90% sure that I click once and hold and commence with the rampage.

DirtySanchez
10-17-2007, 02:48 PM
That's exactly the reason I don't use LMB. You have to re-click to attack the next monster. Now I'm not sure myself if I'm correct or not. Hmmmmm I'll have to re-check that later.

Matseb2611
10-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Hardly. But hey don't try it out for yourself, just take someone else's word for it. (This is really one of those things that you should try and you should make the decision on what you like.)
I keep batter on the RMB and my onslaught or whatever on the left. Shield charge has a long cool down and I keep my left hand on the 123r keys. so its pretty easy for me to use my distance attacks (shieldcharge, warwind, Take down etc.) since they aren't used as often I like to keep them on the hotkeys.

Exactly the same with me. I keep batter on RMB, but useful combat attacks such as shield charge, phantom strike, etc on suitable place of hotbar, so somewhere around number 3.

You guys got me. I play the game by clicking on my every attack, so all you'll be able to hear is click-click-click-click-...etc. I do not feel comfortable holding the mouse button calmly while 20 monsters are attacking me from all sides.

Whisk33
10-17-2007, 09:37 PM
That's exactly the reason I don't use LMB. You have to re-click to attack the next monster. Now I'm not sure myself if I'm correct or not. Hmmmmm I'll have to re-check that later.

If you get skill disruptted you have to reclick then still don't you? It is only noticable to me when I run Big T and when I fight Tox

Minervian
10-18-2007, 12:36 AM
For my conqueror, I have

LMB - Onslaught
RMB - Batter
#1 - Shield Charge.

So basically, whenever I wade into battle, I have 2 strategies

1) General mob - I let the mob surround me, then I Batter the first unfortunate trio, then let Onslaught clear the rest.

2) Mob with Boss - Tap #1 and click on the boss. Batter, then Onslaught to clean-up.

Personally, I prefer to have the exact (feeling of) control as to exactly which monster I am targetting with Onslaught, so I'm ok with re-clicking. It's not as if they last long anyway.

Matseb2611
10-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I think my technique is pretty much identical. Batter to begin the crowd control and then normal attack to finish off (I still haven't played a Conqueror). And if any monster in a group is stronger than the rest then it's shield charge time.

Whisk33
10-19-2007, 09:16 AM
I always shield charge into the Masses and then onslaught/batter my way out

kalyan
10-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I didn't use Batter at all ... it's effect always seemed kinda weak to me, there are better places for skill points, even at 70+ clevs.
Charge on RMB for runspeed, Onslaught on LMB, Horn on MMB, and that's it.