PDA

View Full Version : Dreamkiller main focus help

Necrosis
10-13-2007, 10:12 AM
I have a lvl 26 dreamkiller currently Im wondering do i focus more on Str or dex im a melee based dreamkiller i dont cast to much other then flash powder and this and that...

SilentHawk
10-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I just did 3:1 on mine. The dex gain on rogue (and dream?) masteries help with equipment requirements.

ffreakk
10-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Dream give Int and Str.. It doesnt give Dex..

Just fulfill all the item requirements, and then see if you need more DMG or OA/DA, then you ll consider whether to put points into Str of Dex.. Normally its more effective to get OA/DA from gear (mostly) and put more points into Str tho.. However, some ppl hav really good bonus from adding points into Dex (+ %dex, + %OA/DA) then mayb its worthwhile to put more point into Dex afterwards..

SilentHawk
10-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah, it's why I questioned that. Haven't played TQ in a awhile, been playing old games, plus The Orange Box.

Necrosis
10-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I have just been going with is needed but i have like 24/32 rogue and 24/32 dream currently so my stats are pretty high for my level, hoping to get about 600-700 str and about 500+ dex by lvl 70 which i think is pretty easy with the right gear. Dunno if im going sword or spear yet though.

SilentHawk
10-13-2007, 09:58 PM
spear

with a sword, your lethal strike and phantom strike won't do nearly as much as with a spear

Necrosis
10-14-2007, 09:50 PM
alright then lol that helps me alot

Deadpool_AZ
10-15-2007, 05:37 PM
What kind of spear would you recommend? My Dreamkiller is almost 31. I have him using a Sabertooth sword with a +speed relic on it and he attacks super fast. I do have some crappy spear in his weapon swap slot, but I don't use it often. If I want to use a spear on bosses and tougher mobs, what should I be looking for?

SilentHawk
10-15-2007, 06:30 PM
A spear that adds damage, speed, and/or health drain. I wouldn't worry too much at your level though. A sword is good until the end of Epic in which a spear would be better for the rest of the game. At 31, you should be either nearing, or already in Act IV, and machae have some good spears. You could try farming them for a good yellow or green spear.

ffreakk
10-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Early game Sabertooth is a really great weapon.. I cant really imagine a spear that would beat it DPS wise... For a boss, just any powerful spear you can find on the alternative Weapon set for Lethal Strike and Phantom Strike (early game Phantom Strike normally stays at lvl 1 so i s'pose u should take the Sabertooth anw)..

Late game, when you hav your Phantom Strike maxed, and Spears like Phokos Trident, Peleus Ashen Spear, Spear of Achilles and various powerful greens available, you should switch to them.. But at lvl 31, Sabertooth will do just fine ;).

xocolatl
10-24-2007, 03:25 AM
Is your Dreamkiller focusing on bleeding or poison?