PDA

View Full Version : [Druid] High End Gear

Metz
08-25-2007, 12:37 AM
As the topic says, I'm wondering what some high end Druid gear would be. This is my current setup:

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Druid (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Druid&master1=4&master2=8&sa=16&m1=32-0-0-12-0-0-0-16-0-0-4-0-1-0-6-0-0-0-0-8-0&m2=32-0-10-4-0-1-6-0-12-0-12-0-6-12-1-0-1-1-12-8-0)

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/bmetzger/Titan%20Quest/screenshot06.jpg

The Gear Spelled out:

Hesione's Golden Veil (-17% Recharge)
Pythias Vestment (-14% Recharge)
Archmages Clasp (-46% Recharge, + 95% Casting Speed)
Archmages Leggings
Seal of the High Priest (-16% Energy Cost)
Cartouch Ring (-10% Energy Cost)
Aphrodite's Favor (+2 All skills)
Talisman of the Jade Emperor (-25% Recharge)

This gives me a total of -100% recharge, but only +2 skills, -26% energy, and +95% casting speed.

I would like to keep the -100% recharge and have +4 skills (at least) and somewhere >-70% energy cost with as much increased %casting speed as possible.

I know this is trying to accomplish a lot, but if any one knows of some nice items that would fit in well, it would be great. I'm particularly looking to replace the leggings, chest, and rings with better gear.

Uzael
08-25-2007, 02:26 AM
I have a druid that has 2 setups. 1 has -100% recharge, -35% energy cost, +2 skills and 5600ish HP. The other setup has -99% recharge, -86% energy cost, 0 +skills and 3400 HP. I tend to prefer using the -86% energy cost setup dispite it's obvious draw backs.

A couple things, I can't really detect any noticably faster casting rate with chain lightning and 300% casting speed vs 200%. I can not really notice a difference between -99% and -100% recharge either. While a lot of spells obviously feel faster with high casting speed, chain lightning seems to just cast a little slow regardless.

-86% recarge with the mana regen I have, seems to be enough to allow me to spam endlessly without running out of mana. That seems to be better than +skills from my experience. If you don't have to worry about mana, you can just hold down lightning bolt until the mobs are dead instead of having to worry about mana consumption.

Metz
08-25-2007, 11:25 AM
The main reason for wanting a faster casting speed is to avoid the annoying habit my character currently has if I hold down chain lightning: She casts chain lightning, then attacks with the staff, and then chain lightning again and so on. If I just click really fast then everything is chain lightnings. I would really like to avoid this problem as I'm getting sick of clicking so much!

Uzael
08-25-2007, 11:55 AM
The main reason for wanting a faster casting speed is to avoid the annoying habit my character currently has if I hold down chain lightning: She casts chain lightning, then attacks with the staff, and then chain lightning again and so on. If I just click really fast then everything is chain lightnings. I would really like to avoid this problem as I'm getting sick of clicking so much!

My character does that reguardless of cast speed. Have you tested this out with higher cast speed? I've just put chain lightning on the right button.

Petomaan
08-25-2007, 01:31 PM
You may try Cestus (Titan Quest @ GameBanshee (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=38)) as body armor. Also, I wouldnt focus to much on +skills, especially in legendary mode you may want to increase resistances. You can do massive damage, but if you cant survive long enough that doesnt help. I have a pretty good -100% recharge druid. Ill post my setup later this week when I get home.

Also, for the part of casting lighting and then the staff atack, I have the same issue. Trying to get around this atm.

Galefury
09-23-2007, 04:53 AM
You can get -100% recharge from just 4 items in quite a few ways, all of them including Archmage's Clasp or Tracker's Hood I think. Some of the best ones IMO are: Jade Emperor's Talisman (-25% recharge), Heka Staff (-20% recharge, -20% mana cost), Polaris (-15% recharge, -15% mana cost), with either Archmage's Clasp (-40% recharge, total -100% recharge with average recharge stat) or Tracker's Hood (-35% recharge, total -95% recharge with average recharge stat, which means you need an above average -recharge value to compensate). That setup would also give you -35% energy use just from those 4 items. You could also switch out the Polaris for a Hesione's Veil (-15% recharge) if going for the int build, freeing up the ammy slot (for something like Aphrodite's Favor or a Spellbound ammy). I think a rare +% int helm is better at high levels though. Tracker's Hood means you would have to get 400 dex, opposed to about 180 for the int build, and 160 str opposed to none. But it would also mean you could equip Stonebinder's Cuffs (+3 to skills, +25% elemental resistance) if you also got 320 str in addition to the high dex. Those cuffs can spawn with +dex or +str (up to +42, +33 before variation), and you can socket a Li-Nezha's Guile with dex completion bonus into them (36+33 dex = +69 dex), which would reduce the dex you would have to get by other means by about 100 if the cuffs have a dex bonus too. That still leaves strength to take care of, though. Damage would be a bit on the low side due to lower int from the high dex and str, even with the +3 skills from Stonebinder's. It could be a little higher (for the int build too) with Rod of the Ancients (-15% recharge, +30% lightning damage) instead of Heka Staff, but you would need an above average recharge bonus on all of your recharge items to get to -100% with it, and you would lose the 20% reduced energy cost from Heka.

I'm suggesting the above setup because IMO the staff slot is less important than the torso slot. Zeus' Thunderbolt is awesome of course, but I would rather have something like +1 or +2 to skills, or a large reduction to energy cost on a torso armor than using a rare staff with +60% lightning damage including the relic. Especially since with Rod of the Ancients you get 30% lightning damage AND -recharge, and can still get +2 skills from the torso armor. Remember that + to all skills also gives you increased lightning damage from higher eye of the storm and static charge, in addition to the higher base damage on lightning bolt. If you absolutely have to use a recharge torso just check this search (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?TitanQuest_Items.itemdivision=&TitanQuest_Items.category=Armor&TitanQuest_Items.type=&TitanQuest_Items.slot=Chest&TitanQuest_Items.game=&_orderby=&TitanQuest_Items.armor=&TitanQuest_Items.blockchance=&TitanQuest_Items.piercing=&TitanQuest_Items.speed=&TitanQuest_Items.reqlevel=&TitanQuest_Items.reqdex=&TitanQuest_Items.reqint=%3E%3D100&TitanQuest_Items.reqstr=&noSearch=to+Accelerated+Growth&TitanQuest_Items.statistics=Recharge&TitanQuest_Items.itemname=&_layout=TitanQuest_Items&_cgifunction=search) at GameBanshee. Mantle of Amun-Ra, Cestus and Feng Xao's Meditation Robes are probably the best ones. Plouton's Cornucopia can help if you're missing a few % of recharge. Actually the Mantle of Amun-Ra is probably the only one I might use instead of a high recharge Rod of the Ancients, and only if I found some imba double-rare staff.

With staff, amulet, arm and artifact slots taken for recharge, you have 2 ring slots, torso and greaves open. Helm too if you go with the int build. If you can get a good rare or monster infrequent torso armor you can use Golden Fleece to get another -30% energy cost. The infrequent armor from tiger mages gives -20% reduced energy cost, so you could get -50% from the torso armor. Mindrage Robe (+1 skills, +50% cast speed, +50 int, +2 energy regen) and Diogenes' Chiton (-15% energy cost, 20% damage resistance, 35 int) are also nice. Calypso's Cover (+2 skills, +34 dex and int) is also great, especially for the dex build. You get +5 skills (2 from torso, 3 from cuffs), which means you can stop leveling skills 1 point below the max and still get them to ultimate level. That should free up over 10 skill points to distribute freely. Vestment of the Overlord also gives +2 skills, and good defensive bonuses, a good alternative to Diogenes' Chiton if you need the added skills.

The perfect helm for the int build would probably be a Socrates'/Plato's whatever of Divination with an Odysseus' Cunning with int bonus in it. Hallowed whatever of Divination would be similarly awesome. Spellbound is also a nice prefix. Socketing an Erebus Crystal with +1 or +2 skills completion bonus could be nice too, but those are hard to get. It would nicely compensate for not having Stonebinder's Cuffs, though, and a +2 one, or +1 with Hallowed, would get you to +4 with a +2 torso armor. If I couldn't get one of those double rares, I would either settle for a rare with a nice suffix, or use something like Crown of Dockma'Ar (+1 to skills, +50% elemental resist, +25% elemental damage, some other good stuff) or Orpheus' Garland (25% arrow dodge, +30 int), depending on whether I need arrow dodge or not. Hesione's Veil if some more -recharge is still needed due to low stats on the other recharge items, and at lower levels. 50% more lightning damage adds more than a high percentage int gain when your int is still low.

For greaves, whatever floats your boat. I would just look through all mage greaves I have. Movespeed and resists would be great. Demonskin Walkers and Loratian Greaves give +1 to skills and increase elemental damage, so I guess those would be the best ones you could get. Plouton's give about -5% recharge, so they could be an option if the other items don't get you to -100%.

For rings I would probably use Cartouche Ring (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=738), Seal of the High Priest (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=761), Celestial Band (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=739), Persephone's Ring (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=754), Thoth's Mark (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=768), Plato's/Socrates' ring of something cool or Occult Ring of something cool (Occult prefix gives +10% elemental damage and +100% casting speed, suffix should probably be Erudition, Grace or Immortality, depending on build and how much problems I'd have with surviving), socketed with a nice relic. If casting chain lightning triggers lowered resistance effects Monkey King's Trickery could be a good relic. If it doesn't, most of the other ring relics could work too (Hecate's, Isis, Dionysos, Hammurabi). Most of them can spawn with +33 int or +18% elemental resistance. Dionysus' cant, but it can spawn with +450 HP. Some can also spawn with +33 dex, which is good for the dex build obviously. If you can find a +skills Black Pearl Ring that's awesome too, but those are very rare.

Problems with the 4 item -recharge builds are secondary resists, since the items with -recharge usually don't have those. They can be taken care of by the free slots when the situation requires it, at the cost of some damage. Pierce Resist can also be a big problem, but luckily you have squall (and I would probably also use wolves) to ease the archer load a bit. Elemental resists should be taken care of without much problems, and poison resistance is only required against few enemies. The dex build would probably also suffer from somewhat low damage, because of lower base int, and because of the lack of several options for awesome helms. About 220 more dex than the int build needs is quite a lot to invest, and the strength for cuffs is huge too. With careful choice of items and relics you probably wouldn't need to spend your stat points very differently though. It's still about 420 combined dex and str you have to pull from somewhere, which means at least 300 less base int, which is a huge amount of damage, especially after +% int bonuses, which can easily get higher than +50% total. The second point is that you probably won't have those +50% int without a good rare helmet, because +% int is not that frequent on other items. I would most likely prefer the int build. I still need to farm the items I need though.

The main advantage of getting -100% with only 4 items opposed to using many items which give a smaller recharge bonus is of course that you have all the other slots open for equipment that doesn't have to improve recharge time. That lets you use a lot of awesome stuff you usually wouldn't get a chance to use. Also you can just switch the items in the free slots as the situation requires it, without having to think about what it will do to your recharge time. If you need some vitality resistance or disruption protection you can just equip something that gives you what you need, and you have a few slots you can use for it.

Petomaan
09-23-2007, 05:30 AM
BTW, why do you have maxed out Storm Nimbus? Your main attack is LB, you dont use your default staff attack, now do you? You dont need that 1 point in HoF either.

Metz
09-23-2007, 02:44 PM
First, thanks Galefury, that helps a lot.

As for the maxed storm nimbus I was under the impression that the added lightning damage helped on non-staff attacks as well...but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Uzael
09-23-2007, 03:08 PM
First, thanks Galefury, that helps a lot.

As for the maxed storm nimbus I was under the impression that the added lightning damage helped on non-staff attacks as well...but maybe I'm wrong on that.

+damage does nothing for spells or skills. +damageType% does effect your spells. So 1 point in storm nimbus and maxed Static charge will get the job done.

Voodoo Jim
09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Uh... What place is that "Road to Seya"?
Never been there, is it some mod thing?

Metz
09-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Ya, it was a mod, don't remember which though...

Necrosis
10-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Druid spec is pretty simple once you get the -100% recharge, Just focus on your +skill and +damage. Your Skill tree is nicley built but i wouldent get the 10 storm nimbus or 1 Heart of frost since you use nothing cold.

Ive listed my gear on my 75 druid, im cold and lightning, My nature tree is pretty much the same except i have a few more points put into it. If you want more of a breakdown on my gear or Why the choices feel free to PM me or leave me a post back on here. I only get to check the fourms like 2 times a day since im working up north and only have dial up internet so... i try not to be on all day lol obviouse reasons.

weapon: Staff of elysium or Staff of cosmos
Rings: Eye of Horus, Celestial Band
Head: Plouton's Crown
Chest: Feng Xao's Meditaion robes
Gloves: Archmage Clasp ( -45% Rechage)
Neck: Polaris
Feet: Plouton's wrap
Artifact: Talismen of the jade emperor

total setup is 260% cast -112 recharge -65% energy cost -46% reserved energy cost +40% elemental damage I have 80 all resists poison is 61 pierce is 72 and im not sure about 2nd set.

Briar wall + my energy regen + Dark covenant (Feng Xao's given) i have 83.16 energy regen for 8 seconds.

regular regen with briar wall up is about 44.15

I dont do tons of damage but i cast like mad and take no dmg so i dont mind taking an extra 10-12 sec to kill a boss.. takes me 45 sec to kill hades unless he stuns me in 3rd phase.

Lotnar
10-09-2007, 04:12 AM
Another suggestion for chest armor can be Vestment of the Overlord (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=166), 10% damage resistance and +2 to all skills is just lovely. You can gather 100% recharge from the rest of the gear.

Metz
10-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the ideas, I'll have to do a little farming.

Necrosis
10-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Another suggestion for chest armor can be Vestment of the Overlord (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=166), 10% damage resistance and +2 to all skills is just lovely. You can gather 100% recharge from the rest of the gear.

The vestment is not a bad choice If your looking for the + skills but for other stats... it does not offer much other then like i said +2 skills. 10% damage reduction wont help you to much when alot of the stuff you fight never gets near you. It offers low end to no energy/health regen it does give nice Bonus to them. Does not offer any -cost or recharge nor cast speed IMO there is much better ones you can get that are easier to farm.

ffreakk
10-11-2007, 03:16 PM
for -100% recharge mage, isnt - energy cost more impt than + skills?

Uzael
10-11-2007, 04:33 PM
I prefer -cost% over +skills with my druid, and I prefer +skills on my oracle (dark coventant covers the energy costs). I'm not sure there is a definative preference however.

Necrosis
10-11-2007, 06:58 PM
+skill for a druid caster build does not help that much compared to -energy cost or -recharge... My Druid has dark covenent given to my by my chest piece which also gives -recharge and -cost to energy as well as great + regen's.

Feng Xao's Meditaion robes is the chest i use

-15% recharge -15% energy cost dark covenant and more i just dont have it written down at this time.

Metz
10-11-2007, 11:01 PM
The whole issue for me is not to try and be choose between +skills and -recharge and -energy cost, but to find a set of equipment which can give -100% recharge with enough -energy cost to not chug pots AND +skills, which after maxing -recharge is really the only way to increase damage output for this type of build.

Necrosis
10-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Metz, I posted a while back on this page to you with my gear setup and overall +skill - recharge, cost and revered energy cost. I only carry 5 health pots and 5 mana pots to which i use once in a blue moon and its mostly when im being a smart *** or i have a bad day with toxeus. Once you get -50/60% cost and around 20-25 regen without briar wall up... you pretty much never need to pot unless your fighting a whole area at once or a boss like hades that loves to stun you in his last phase.

lulu
10-22-2007, 04:00 AM
http://i17.servimg.com/u/f17/11/63/54/80/screen11.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=5&u=11635480)

how about this one?

-19% reload altough it s only a normal version...

my legendary -99% reload druid wear it.he have +4 to skills and can spam lightning bolt without going down of mana.

Galefury
10-22-2007, 04:50 AM
The 5% are a percentage bonus to your other recharge gear. Only the 14% are a total bonus, and those are missing on the epic and legendary version of Shaman's Leggings. Those only have the percentage bonus to other recharge. That's why the normal version of that item is so good.

Argantes
10-22-2007, 05:34 AM
how about this one?

-19% reload altough it s only a normal version...

my legendary -99% reload druid wear it.he have +4 to skills and can spam lightning bolt without going down of mana.

for the full story of Shaman´s Leggings see this MI thread :)
http://www.titanquest.net/forums/spoilers/19224-most-wanted-monster-infrequents-chances-get-them-10.html

lulu
10-22-2007, 06:14 AM
hmmm... 5%of 100% wanted will never do more than effective (flat) 5%

so i would prefer these 5% to be flat. xD

Flash
01-18-2008, 09:41 AM
revenant crown socketed with +2 crystal of erebus and you have +4 skills in one item leaving lot of space for other equipment. hesione recharge can be replaced by polaris, rings socketed with code of hamurabi -8% recharge bonus, shaman leggins or others

baconmaster
04-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Bai Hu's Mantle (MI) with Golden Fleece incarnation, -8%recharge bonus
Heka Staff
Archmage Clasp
Demonskin Walkers
Cartouche Ring
Seal of the High Priest
Aphrodite's Favor
Talisman of the Jade Emperor
any 'Hallowed' helm with erebus charm (any of the bonuses are good)

This setup (with very good versions of each item) can give -100% recharge, -100% energy cost, 300% cast speed, and 4+ to all skills.
And with extremely good versions of items, 80 in elemental resists, 50+ pierce and poison res, and 70+ vit res.
Best setup for a lightning spam build i have found. (and many other caster builds)

karthikeyan
09-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Here's Mine

A 100% recharge Druid..

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/4493/druidht4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mythos
09-18-2008, 11:26 AM
whats the equipment?

karthikeyan
09-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Here it is, Total of 112% Recharge
loratian Greaves for +1 skills

Heka Staff -23% Recharge
Archmage Clasp -42%
Cestus -14%
Polaris -17%
Hesione's Golden Veil -16%
Cartouche Ring
Celestial Band
loratian Greaves

SponTen
10-05-2008, 11:49 AM
This is a really good thread, interesting stuff guys. I'm a huge fan of druids in pretty much any game, though I only recently discovered their power.

My druid setup is as follows:
-Talisman of the Jade Emperor
-Archmage's Mantle
-Heka Staff (-20% rc, -20% energy)
-Cartouche Ring (+113% fcr, -10% energy)
-Hesione's Golden Veil (-16% rc)
-Seal of the High Priest (-16% energy, +20% ele res)
-Archmage's Clasp (-43% rc, 89% fcr)
-Aphrodite's Favor (102% skill disrup res)
-Demonskin Walkers

The reasons are:
-Talisman of the Jade Emperor for recharge, resistances
-Archmage's Mantle for the DR which I was hoping would allow me to take 2 hits from my friend's Haruspex. I think it worked :). Also the 10% chance for -99% energy cost is nice for spamming
-Heka Staff for resistances, -rc and -energy
-Cartouche ring for resistances, %ele damage, the NICE 113% fcr, and -10% energy
-Hesione's Golden Veil for the huge res, ele damage, hp (explained later) and -16% rc
-Seal of the High Priest for the res and -energy
-Archmage's Clasp for the nice 89% fcr and -43% rc
-Aphrodite's Favor for the HUGE resistances, skills, HUGE hp, and skill disruption res bonus
-Demonskin Walkers for the huge resistances, ele damage, frw and skills

My skills are:
Storm:
-Maxed Spellbreak + synergy
-Maxed Lightning Bolt + synergy
-Maxed Storm Wisp + synergy
-Maxed Squall + synergy
-Maxed Storm Surge

Nature:
-Maxed Heart of Oak + synergies
-One point in Regrowth
-Maxed Plague + synergies

Reasons for skills:
Storm:
-Maxed Spellbreak + synergy for all those loveable spamming casters
-Maxed Lightning Bolt + synergy for (imba) stun-kill
-Maxed Storm Wisp + synergy for the laughable annoyance with 99% dodge/avoid, making me harder to target (lol @ chargers) and providing a pet with stun. Oh and did I mention the extra damage he gives?
-Maxed Squall + synergy for the 100% avoid (not sure if this works though? is max dodge/avoid set to 80% as well?), reduced damage and resistances, and slight damage
-Maxed Storm Surge for just that little bit of chance (15%) that a stun will trigger and allow me to survive, or kill things around me (very useful against my friend who always has resistances <0). PLUS, with -100% rc, I can put 500 on these on the same spot to create a death area (not 100% sure if they stack though) or fill the screen so I'm safe from missiles, etc.

Nature:
-Maxed Heart of Oak + synergies LOLOLOL hp, res, speed, and the chance for -50% energy is SO useful for spamming
-One point in Regrowth. With -100% recharge and such a tanky beast, I just use this to fill up my hp after a fight. Only takes like 100 mana for 20-30 casts (thanks HoO)
-Maxed Plague + synergies for the WOW slow, reduction to hp, actually decent poison damage in pvp (friend never has high resistances), and, most importantly, the -resistances and DR

I dunno exactly how much damage I do, but I have >80% ele res, 23% poison res, 67% pierce res, 102% skill disrup res, 15% DR. The funny part is that I have 10963 hp (and 2011 energy), which helps me tank quite a bit. Damage is NOT a problem at all, using plague and squall to -resistances (though I think squall only -resistances for its own damage??), having my Storm Wisp use Eye of the Storm and then spamming Lightning Bolt rapes anything. Most of the time I don't even need Plague or Squall though... Imba stun takes care of anything in pvp. I still have 26 unused points, just in case I wanna try out anything soon. And I THOUGHT Static Charge didn't affect spells, but people say it does so I might try this out, not that I need it.

Right now I'm looking at getting more +skills and damage, and more -energy cost. Oh and also some more DR so I can tank physical damage a bit more (hp comes with this), so I'm searching for MI's and charms/relics. IMO this build works the best (for me) but I'll improve it soon.

EDIT: Does int add to spell damage? I swear I read somewhere that it does but I'm not 100% sure.

SponTen
10-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Wrong screenshot above, deleted :)
Here's the right screenshot