PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Take on -100% Recharge?

r00ster
08-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Just thought this would be good for a debate.

Personally, I don't really aim for much recharge at all if any. I prefer other mods, defenses and resistances etc.

Now, just for a debate, I'll take the against side lol.

1. I was hosting my server and random player joins. He is a templar with -100 recharge. spamming collosus and distort reality 24/7. I am a conquerer, and actually kill much faster than him, but end up just standind around anyway due to the massive skill spam. Finally he states to me, "btw, you notice I am 100% recharge?" I say "yes of course, am surprised you aren't 100% bored either." "whats that supposed to mean?" lol. Anyway, this was the lamest online co op I have ever had. May have been a great build etc etc whatever, but my god what a lame time in MP. Eventually I stated that I was going to log off, and just restarted my server. I mean no disrespect to whoever the heck it was either, but that sucked my will to live lol.

So there is my start to the debate. I personally think a bit of recharge helps, and is cool on some things. However, these odysseus + trackers + archmage wearing chars with full -100 are the lamest things I have ever seen lol. I congragulate the players on getting the equip, the persistence yada yada, but my god what a way to get sick of a game in like 10 minutes. They are absolutely 0 fun to party or play with online, which is my main driving force now in this game.

Just wanting to see users opinions and build ideas with -100 recharge.

(we can leave out the fact that its immensely powerful, am pretty sure everyone knows that)

But like why go for 100 recharge over say resistances etc? what is the motivation? etc etc.

Debates n flames welcome :D

Argantes
08-22-2007, 05:07 PM
hm, must agree, once i joined a MP game, there was some -100% recharge paladin i think .. well, we decided to go to the SP:
he - fast as hell in colossus form and doing aggro
me (pet soothsayer, caster) - almost got killed by all these aggroed crabs ... just hilarious :)

ok, so we arrived to the rocking chamber, he started spamming squall and lightning bolts in the closed cages, the only thing i could do was casting plague .... just hilarious :D

and that was it, bored in 10 mins too, well done :)

BUT i plan to make my elementalist as close to -100% recharge as i can, i mean pure casters (not using staff) really need it, maybe not -100%, but something close to it, -80/90% should be fine for that purpose

and hey, mentioning paladin before, i play my melee paladin... well, melee style :)

Uzael
08-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Depending on what you are playing, -recharge has a different effect.

Bow Haruspex/brigand - the -recharge% gear serves to allow me to use call of the hunt more, which is nothing but a buff. I end up with higher DPS, but still fight the same as if I didn't have it. I play at -66% recharge so I can keep call of the hunt up.

Oracle & druid - the -recharge% gear allows me to spam chain lightning and squall. As powerful and fast as I kill, he still not as powerful as a bow brigand or haruspex without any -recharge% gear, but close to it. Marksmanship has incredible AE power. This character is more frail as well.

Spear Haruspex - the -recharge gear allows me to spam phantom strike. He's a lot faster at AE fighting than without, but no faster at killing than my bow haruspex/brigand.

Anyways, the spear haruspex and I imagine any melee dream character will gain a lot out of -recharge gear. An archer will gain a little bit higher DPS due to call of the hunt, and the storm characters will gain the most out of it, yet remain the weakest of the lot due to how weak casters are in general.

Wookiegirl
08-23-2007, 03:04 AM
Someone tell me...How does it work? :confused:

Argantes
08-23-2007, 03:55 AM
Someone tell me...How does it work? :confused:

most of the spells have some recharge time, that means, you must wait some time to use these spells again ... but there are also items with -% recharge and once you can complete the value of 100% (you need more items for this though), you can use these spells without waiting for a single second

Wookiegirl
08-23-2007, 03:57 AM
most of the spells have some recharge time, that means, you must wait some time to use these spells again ... but there are also items with -% recharge and once you can complete the value of 100% (you need more items for this though), you can use these spells without waiting for a single second

Thank you for clarifying this for me.

Uzael
08-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Anyways, my take on it is this. It's just another step of armor progression. You slowly build a better and better set of armor with better stats, resists and damage. You'll slowly find -recharge% gear, which is very rare and eventually you add that to your set and you become more powerful along the way.

Someone with -100% recharge gear is someone who has spent a long time to earn it. Just like any game, there is always top of the line equipment. It's not like you just find this gear and go from being a peasent to being a god. It's a long slow process.

Some classes, particularly casters need it to be comparibly as powerful as melee characters in legendary.

r00ster
08-23-2007, 12:55 PM
No it is not top of the line gear, or any set of becomming natural progression.

There are certain items (by no means the best) that in combonation result in the 100% recharge build.

Anyone claiming this is most likely using one of the following I can almost with 100% certainty garuntee.

1. The trackers helm
2. Oddyseus armor - has -30% to all requirements which allows the use of the mage arms etc.
3. archmage clasp
4. Polaris - not always needed.

Those 3 items can generate almost 100% recharge, if spawned well.
They are not the best items in the game by far. They are simply used to make the full recharge build.

Like I said in the initial post, my conquerer was actually killing and moving on much faster than this templar with full recharge. This conquerer has 0 recharge.

Jus thought I would clear that up :)

Flame on!

EDIT* I would also like to note I have 2 casters that use 0 recharge. 1 is a 63 conjurer, dps areound 5k. second is a diviner. these two chars are not impeeded in the least. My server name is in the sig, I would be happy to show any nay sayers that recharge is a must.

Again, flame on!

(this is all just for debate btw, whatever u like is whatever u like :D)

mamba
08-23-2007, 03:33 PM

There are certain items (by no means the best) that in combonation result in the 100% recharge build.

Anyone claiming this is most likely using one of the following I can almost with 100% certainty garuntee.

1. The trackers helm
2. Oddyseus armor - has -30% to all requirements which allows the use of the mage arms etc.
3. archmage clasp

Archmage Clasp imo is top of the line gear for mages (actually the best there is), for meleers this is not true, they only get it for the massive -recharge (it still is a very good item fro them as it also increases attack speed considerably).

EDIT* I would also like to note I have 2 casters that use 0 recharge. 1 is a 63 conjurer, dps areound 5k. second is a diviner. these two chars are not impeeded in the least. My server name is in the sig, I would be happy to show any nay sayers that recharge is a must.

Your staff DPS won't be affected by -recharge, so it doesn't show there. It's the fact that you can spam skills (which is not reflected in the DPS) which makes them superior damage dealers. That being said, I never went for -100% recharge yet, but I guess my Druid will get there, just so I have done that once too ;)

A mage Diviner is impeeded simply by being a Diviner ;)

What gear / skills does your Conjurer use to reach 5k DPS ?

Uzael
08-23-2007, 04:10 PM

It certainly is natural progression. Progression doesn't always mean DPS. Progression takes place at many places, such as resists, defense, offense and so on. -Recharge is just another area of progression. If you use skills more often, you do more damage, and you balance the loss character sheet DPS to get it.

1. The trackers helm
3. archmage clasp

Those 3 items can generate almost 100% recharge, if spawned well.
They are not the best items in the game by far. They are simply used to make the full recharge build.

You do realize that some of those items have melee stat requirements, and some have caster stat requirements.

I also don't quite follow your arguement. If you are claiming that this gear is not top of the line, why are you complaining to begin with?

You seem to have a big chip on your shoulder when seeing someone with -100% recharge, then say that you are superior without. So explain to me the complaint so we can argue something.

Like I said in the initial post, my conquerer was actually killing and moving on much faster than this templar with full recharge. This conquerer has 0 recharge.

Jus thought I would clear that up :)

Flame on!

Again, flame on!

(this is all just for debate btw, whatever u like is whatever u like :D)

I have a few casters too, those who don't or didn't use -recharge gear could do legendary, but died a lot more than a melee or archer in legendary. Casters are flying by the seat of their pants, and are much weaker than their melee and archer counter parts.

I'd have a hard time believing anyone who said otherwise. A -100% recharge caster with storm can become nearly as strong as a melee, at the expense of some spell damage, that is made up for with being able to use skills repeatedly that you wouldn't otherwise be able to use.

Anyways, it comes down to this. It is gear progression in a different sort that you personally want to achieve. That or you are just wanting to flame for the sake of flaming.

I honestly don't quite get your complaint to start with. If you characters are superior without it, why would you complain to start with?

r00ster
08-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Yes I realize that some have melee/caster reqs, but all can be worn at once with proper stat placement and the fact that odysseus offers -30% to all reqs.

I am also not 'complaining' its just my take, and what others' take on a build based on recharge.

My argument would be that chars can be superior with different gear over the standard 'recharge' gear, regardless of the spam loss.

My conjurer is no weaker than any toon I have ever created or seen. It is not weaker by any stretch than any ranger/melee toon. I will explain;

1. I put alot into defense, and some points in dex, the mage has over 1k defense.
2. I have no summons with the conjurer. All points went into buffs, 2 'spells' and debuffs.
3. The way the mage is played, with full death chill, ring of flame, is i get close, like melee close. Death chill weakens leeching resistances so much I can leech from undead and machines (% attack dmg converted to hp). So, if you see where I am going, I stand and blast ternion in the enemy face, they can't hit me with def so high, and any dmg recieved via ranged attacks is leeched back in a second. I swear this toon is godlike, 40 something deaths total with -100 pierce res at lvl 63 legendary complete. It uses the eruption/stoneform combo to deal with archers. Death chill makes this all possible. Its like a mage tank.

4. My diviner is the same, with psionic touch. Distort wave to slow em, stand there with high def (its around 800 on this toon) and if they actually start damaging it with its slightly lower def, use distort reality. Its actually a very very powerful build, with trance of wrath and death chill working together, you can pretty much stand there and watch enemies die. This char has 14 deaths, just past charon in legendary lvl 61.

Anyway, its not a flame just to flame, or a complaint at all. I was just wondering why so many try for this recharge, when personally I find it un-necessary, and find my toons stronger not without it, but without the forced gear layout it requires. I would be happy to show the toons to any so u can judge for yourself. I swear they are incredibly powerful, the main things being the debuffs, and defense. It allows the mage to tank, and leech to constant hp like a mofo.

^^these were my alternatives to trying a full recharge build. Its what I cam up with, and seems to be incredibly powerful.

Uzael
08-23-2007, 05:00 PM
You are playing a combo of "casters" that have a lot of defensive skills and take a lot of defensive skills and are left with very little offense. Most melee characters are going to kill far faster. So I'd still consider those weak casters, you've just offset your defensive problem by leaving a weak offensive character.

Anyways, it's just another character creation with different objectives using different gear.

r00ster
08-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Here are screenies. Far far from offensively weak :)

Uzael
08-23-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure how that is considered powerful. All you showed is a good single target DPS, and a max hit that is extremely low.

I also noticed your resists are horrible. I assume you rely on the ability of your pets to hold aggro, and have to order your pets in at every turn. If so, don't you find that extremely slow moving, and annoying?

Uzael
08-23-2007, 07:10 PM
I also noticed you have the archmage clasps on as well...one of those lame -recharge items.

Anyways, DPS doesn't tell much of a story when it comes to casters in particular. What I look for when I consider high offense is the ability to clear groups of mobs fast, or bosses fast. I prefer to focus on groups unless I'm already finished legendary, then I might focus on boss fighting. You'll probably want both as you need to clear trash to get to the boss.

Anyways, the screenies don't say much in terms of caster power. I have archers with higher DPS, and great AE attack power with little worry of dying. I have a druid with much lower DPS (partly due to a staff that has no base damage, but a random choice between 3 elements), but much higher max damage and probably clears groups far faster.

r00ster
08-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Character has no pets. Not a one :)

and yes it clears mobs and bosses very very fast with the debuffs :)

here is the total build: TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Conjurer (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Conjurer&master1=1&master2=2&sa=0&m1=32-12-0-8-0-12-0-12-0-0-10-0-8-0-8-0-0-0-12-0-12-0&m2=32-6-0-12-8-0-8-0-0-0-6-6-8-2-0-0-0-0-8-0-0)

I use the eye of flame with the massive fire retaliation, the ring of flame, and death chill with eruption and stone form (with its teir 2 retaliation). It really has little worry of death unless its a grandmaster machae archer.

Yes it does have the archmage, its the best its got off drops, and I do like the attack speed.

BTW I don't want u to think I think recharge is totally lame etc, I don't, i started the whole thing as a debate, perhaps leading to builds ideas etc besides the standard recharge style. Don't think its a hate thing :)

I realize nothing can match a hunter, its the most powerful build imo for raw power.

Anyway, your welcome to join the server if you want and I can show you. It's called r00s c00p and is up all the time from 5:30 pm EST onwards :) its a no cheat server so anyone who comes plz no chris relics or reckless swords lol.

Uzael
08-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, playing together was fun. We both had the same idea when we created our characters, but went 2 different directions in achieving that goal.

You got high armor and defense, and coupled it with deathchill aura so your character could stand in the fray. This also has an added benefit in making ternion more powerful than usual.

I went with -recharge% and used briar ward to ward off melee attacks and chain lightning and squall to slow their ability to kill the briar ward then hit me. It's also my offense.

You achieved it with top of the line gear with high armor rating and I achieved my goal with top of the line -recharge% gear. I think it's cool there is more ways than 1 to achieve the same goal.

snooker
08-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey guys..

Stop clanking down on R00 :)..Just kidding. I think This is R00s way of approacing each game ie dismantle it to pieces :) with builds..Like in Sacred..

Ps i havent tried 100% recharge myself yet but might try it some time..

Regards,
snooker.

Hyperion˛
08-30-2007, 10:27 AM
My opinion on -100% recharge chars.

It depends on what masteries combo on selected, and they really can become a well rounded chars; infact, they mess up the gear a little bit in order to spam some deadly skills.

I can't say if a -100% recharge char is better than a "normal" one, the builds and gears are ever necessary to give an opinion.

I had thought about a -100% templar, and it didn't spam distort reality, it is a non-smart way to employ that potential; DR is a DoT damage spell, that nullifies the consecutive waves you throw.

My thought were focused on: permanent colossus form (dmg + absorbption), rally (huge party healing skill, with huge energy regeneration), "permanent" adrenaline (great self healing too), and spamming of phantom strike (great aoe stun and dmg) and shield charge.

That's a well rounded char, great for party and for solo too, neither in need of 0 energy/hp potions.

Now i miss only few items to fullfill the quipments required for that, then i'll give you some real tests opinion on that.
Even if i think that my normal conquer is more funny to play...

:rockon:

Ciao!!

Redrivertears
08-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey there,

I have a conquerer that does exactly what you describe for your templar, except for phantom strike (he does onslaught and battlestandard instead). Fun character to play, never needs any potions (he's currently at legendary act III and hasn't had to use a single healing or energy potion since the beginning of epic).

Collosus form tends to run out quickly though, so you constantly have to recast it, which can be a bit tedious sometimes. But on the plus side, you're just incredibly fast, you can run from one end of a map to another in far less time then a 'small character' can (this is actually in my opinion the most 'fun' part of this character). Plus if you do enough damage you can send all the monsters flying, even in legendary :)

And you don't need archmage clasp for it. I use:

- Talisman of the Jade Emperor
- Tracker's Hood
- Polaris
- Certhas Plate (actually Odysseus armor is better, but it just looks so ugly)

Stonebinders cuffs and Deimos shield for the necessary +4 to skills. The rest all goes to damage (appolo's will x2, athena's greaves, thorny maul/sapros/sabtertooth).

I don't think he's better then some of my other characters (certainly not better then my unhittable brigand and haruspex), but he is *different*, and that makes him interesting to play.

-Redrivertears-

Dr. Durden
01-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Here are screenies. Far far from offensively weak :)

LoL, didn't you argue that -100recharge was bad because it meant bad res.?
I guess you don't like archers.
And hov many hours do you use to kill bosses?

Aggy456
01-17-2008, 08:15 AM
@ r00ster

I don't suppose you'd be the same r00ster from Sacred, with the Glad build?.

r00ster
01-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Yes that would be me :) been here a loooong time, got Hellgate, that is ok... but am waiting for sacred 2 :) I still play this actively, sometimes log sacred, and hellgate if I am bored lol.

Anyway, the reason to answer you Dr. Durden, bringing up this ancient thread lol, is the archer thing is a non issue, with stoneform and eruption. I take it you looked at the screenies, and yeah this one has near zero primary resistances, but it's a non issue with the amount of hp it gains off every hit, and the skills. Note the secondary resistances are very high, which is all this one needs as the only damage that goes through stonefrom is energy leech.

Note that the answers I provided you were for an Oracle build, and I can assure you my oracle has significantly more resistance, as the conjurer in the screenies is optimized for mass fire damage, and with the way the skills work, this conjurer actually needs barely any resistance.

Also, please note that bosses take literally seconds to finish off, aside from Hades as it does need to kite.

The main thing is dps is over rated. debuff > dps, and with deathchill is the best.

Like, ternion in that close from deathchill does insane damage. I can literally one shot most mobs, example would be the melinoe in hades, seriously like 1-2 shots for a mob. All from debuffs.

If you like, I am running my server again, all are welcome to log in and see for themselves if anything is not believed.

Aggy456
01-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Yes that would be me :)

Hah! I hoped it was you, although I play an Ice-Shard Battlemage ( is that even the right skill? been too long since I played Sacred )

Nice to run into you again r00ster.

r00ster
01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Cool!

I run a server on TQ whenever I can, if you'd like to join up for some mashing.

I have it running as much as I can after 6 pm Eastern standard time.
I actively play all the chars posted in my sig, so its usually in legendary mode.

Though, the last two nights I actually had to go offline, as absolutely everyone joining had hacked items :/

I'd really like to get a good base of legit players, and keep a password on it, but peeps gotta join first!

Had only two Australians this week that were the only two non hackers :/

EDIT* what was your acc. name in sacred? I was only ever closed hardcore, but had two accounts, obviously the r00ster one, and another 'ladyreddeath' all chars were hardcore :)

Aggy456
01-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Cool!

I run a server on TQ whenever I can, if you'd like to join up for some mashing.

I have it running as much as I can after 6 pm Eastern standard time.
I actively play all the chars posted in my sig, so its usually in legendary mode.

Though, the last two nights I actually had to go offline, as absolutely everyone joining had hacked items :/

I'd really like to get a good base of legit players, and keep a password on it, but peeps gotta join first!

Had only two Australians this week that were the only two non hackers :/

EDIT* what was your acc. name in sacred? I was only ever closed hardcore, but had two accounts, obviously the r00ster one, and another 'ladyreddeath' all chars were hardcore :)

I never actually played Sacred online, I was strictly sp.

A TQ Online would be good though, I certainly don't use hacks.
Only games I play online to date are EQ, and GW. Nothing else atm though.

Eric_The_Red
01-17-2008, 06:46 PM
By the time you get to legendary it becomes a massive resistance sacrifice in order to have -100 recharge so if casters and bow users are willing to do it good luck to em. lol caster diviner how are you doing dmg. No elemental, less physical because ur adding most points to intelligence. sounds like a character id delete. It is definitely possible to get 2.5k dps with a conjurer. But i think ull need to wear a lot of mi's.

Aggy456
01-17-2008, 08:25 PM
By the time you get to legendary it becomes a massive resistance sacrifice in order to have -100 recharge so if casters and bow users are willing to do it good luck to em. lol caster diviner how are you doing dmg. No elemental, less physical because ur adding most points to intelligence. sounds like a character id delete. It is definitely possible to get 2.5k dps with a conjurer. But i think ull need to wear a lot of mi's.

-100% recharge?

I couldn't even equip a toon in Normal mode with that.
You guys must farm a heck of a lot.

Or maybe I don't play enough, We'll see!

Whisk33
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Necroposting!

I_Raps
01-17-2008, 10:00 PM
By the time you get to legendary it becomes a massive resistance sacrifice in order to have -100 recharge so if casters and bow users are willing to do it good luck to em...

Not really.

Here's something I posted back in October.

My -100% build Poinas is referring to was/is a Warden - though a Conqueror should work as well. I just imported her into IT and sent her off to Act IV.

Some of you seem to think it's crippled somehow - you haven't apparently thought it through. Here she is with PIR. She has a lot of gear choices, though. For more elemental resistance, Blessing of the Gods; secondary resistances, Crest of Murong instead of Apollo's Will. With any option, she has more than enough damage to spare.

http://i23.tinypic.com/oi9erl.jpg

Oh yeah - all the buffs are on - that's her normal state, you understand. And every opponent that needs it gets Study Prey. For a boss fight, you could just left-button Shield Charge or Batter or Take Down, as you prefer - that means every attack (that should clear out some of those swarming mobs for mobility, don't you think). Energy? Check out her Energy Regeneration - she's no more hooked on the blue sauce than any other character. Healing? Rally ad infinitum.

As I said, I haven't gotten her through Act IV yet, so I can't speak specifically about Hades, let alone 3xHades; but I see no reason she wouldn't dominate there like anywhere else.

...and here's my original, from December 2006, the first published instance of the build I'm pretty sure:

In another thread (http://www.titanquest.net/forums/gameplay/11374-any-tips-legendary.html) I said:

Except he's a Warden. If you have a Warden who can wear Archmage's gear, that would be worth seeing.

Well, rising to my own bait I decided to try to get my own Warden into some Archmage's Clasps - and to do it one better. Since the Clasps were intended to add -% Recharge, I wanted to go all the way to full Spam-All mode. Here I present my creation, Swooshy:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6498/swooshycf9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

-105% Recharge, baby!

This second picture (which was in fact the first, duh) shows an earlier (pre-IT) version with no buffs and less well-developed gear, just stuff that happened to be lying around.

Some of you are engaged in self-deception if you don't think it's a powerful approach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.

... if casters and bow users are willing to do it good luck to em...

She has a fully maxed Marksmanship tree as well, with a bow as her secondary weapon.

Eric_The_Red
01-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Not saying its not powerful, ive seen first hand what it can do. But for the way i play which is High in defense it wouldnt work. Besides isnt it boring spamming all ur skills constantly? Not something i like to worry about. Whats with those leggings there not exactly legit.

I_Raps
01-18-2008, 02:58 AM
Actually, it's the opposite of boring. You actually get to INTERACT with the game, not just walk along stabbing/shooting things. You never have to sit and wait for Colossal Form or Call of the Hunt to recharge because some nasty is around the next rock; hitting the Rally key is just as easy as hitting a potion key; etc. You do get to learn how to touchtype your number keys pretty quickly. And when you're in a slow area, you just go at the normal pace; no one forces you to use your skills on the routine riff-raff - unless you want WANT to try to put some hapless mob into orbit, that is. Without the short-term buffs (Colossal Form, Rally, Call of the Hunt), her DPS is *only*;) 6000-something.

As for the leggings, they're perfectly legit. They're right there in the database on everyone's computer; the fact that they don't spawn is a bug - a bug I corrected. They're really more of a fashion statement for Nar'wen, though. The Athena's Battle Greaves are better. But, since they offend your sensibilities, here she is without them:

http://i14.tinypic.com/6ptx55l.jpg

Better? :lol:

Eric_The_Red
01-18-2008, 03:32 AM
lol Just found it funny that you replaced one bugged item for another. I agree with you that it does add an extra element to the usual point and kill routine. I think i could make a recharge build thats defensively viable maybe a conqueror. Definitely a powerful build that u have there

I_Raps
01-18-2008, 03:46 AM
lol Just found it funny that you replaced one bugged item for another. I agree with you that it does add an extra element to the usual point and kill routine. I think i could make a recharge build thats defensively viable maybe a conqueror. Definitely a powerful build that u have there

"Bugged" you say?

Better look again. There's a VERY specific reason I put on those particular leggings - just to shut you up with that "not legit" crapola! ;)

Next, why don't you complain about her hat, too? :whistle:

Eric_The_Red
01-18-2008, 03:53 AM
nicely done. I'm just a strictly play by the rules guy

Question
01-18-2008, 06:54 AM
Couldnt the entire issue be avoided by placing a cap on it, like -90% recharge?

r00ster
01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
This thread probably should have remained dead :)

Anyway, to stop you guys from fighting, in my original statements, it was to find builds that are viable and just as powerful, without the need for -100% recharge.

It wasn't which is better per say, it was just at the time of this threads initial writing, Immortal Throne was fresh, and everyone I saw online was a dream dirstort reality 100% recharge thing. Not that it was a bad thing, just that it prompted me to explore, and reveal other methods to build concept.

As for which styles etc are best, that is personal preference, myself I lean towards exact fit gear for my exact build, and it's actually a very hard way as the amount of farming, planning gathering, the whole process is very hard.

It wasn't to bash either, as both are entirely viable, it was just perhaps to shed light to other ways to approach things. The caster was used, as they were/are usually thought to be the most Dependant on recharge.

mamba
01-18-2008, 10:22 AM

I get to 5K DPS with my Oracle with 'just' a green staff and all other gear being legendary. So you do not really need a lot of MI, in fact those usually aren't worth using for mages imo.

I agree on the Diviner (and the Soothsayer) being bad casters as they lack any decent damage ;)

Flash
01-19-2008, 10:14 PM
dont understand these arguments. cheap because its too easy? too easy but still your 0 recharge toons are better? then what is it all about?

100% recharge usually means a lot of sacrifices. with "cheap" odyseus, archmage clasp, trackers hood i wish you good luck with getting +4 to skills and resists. there are other item choices like revenant crown socketed with legendary crystal of erebus + odyseus + archmage + 2x green rings with code of hamurabi recharge completion bonus + jade emperor artifact but dont tell me these greens and relics arent high-end godly gear. you can find such items, you deserve your 100% recharge toon