PDA

View Full Version : Typhon (with most recent patch)

Edge of Sanity
06-24-2007, 11:03 AM
I need some advice on how to fight this guy, I've looked at the 'bosses and how to defeat them thread' but I'd like some more specific advice because this guy just slaughters me.

I'm a level 30 Conqueror and I've pretty much got through the game without any major problems, with most other bosses I'd summon up my dead soldier buddies and just slaughter said boss, only with Typhon its 100x harder. Every time I get to him I run straight to the frostbite and the battle marker shrines, get in close with him and the summon my soldiers. Now, it all goes well here and I can get him to around 1/3 of his health but once the effects wear off he just knocks me about as if I was nothing, I can barely touch him.

Even if I die and rush back to him when his health is quite low he I can barely do any more damage without him murdering me, even when I use dozens of health potions... Is there any other advice any of you could give me? Or do you think I should just do some old fashioned grinding and get to about level 35 and then try to take him.

Thanks in advance.

Rado
06-24-2007, 12:02 PM
How do you fight? I mean, do you get to him close and personal till the end? Well, if so, you shouldn' t be so suprised then ;) Typhon is especialy hard in Normal after 1.20 patch but tad easier in 1.30.

You need to determine which attack brings you down. As far as I see it, the only attack as lethal is the one with meteors and that is very simple to avoid. Remember, DO NOT stand still! Run up at him, hit a few times and run back. Repeat untill he becomes a pile o' bones ;)

Update after next approach.

Boozbaz
06-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Kite him until your spell recharges.

Edge of Sanity
06-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Kite? Sorry, but what does that mean?

@Rado, All of his attacks bring me to near death, even when he just hits me normally he takes off 1/5 of my health.

Viper_Sweden
06-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Kite means something like have him chase you and hit him with a bow/staff...

Rado
06-24-2007, 12:57 PM
@Edge of Sanity, post your resistances, gear and tell me how do you fight with him ( skills & style ). Then maybe we could sort some tactic out ;)

Conqueror was my very first toon. I remember that beating him up in pre 1.20 was quite easy. After that, he became tougher and deadlier but still, he is mortal. Don' t worry, you will kill him, but it takes time. Believe me, in Normal, without good gear it took me several minutes to lay him down.

Edge of Sanity
06-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Its actually alright now, I got myself a decent bow and managed to kill him with a mix of running away and hitting him a couple of times and then getting in close when he was busy breathing fire/casting down meteors on me. I think my problem was just that I was staying to close to him and being impatiant, thanks for the help anyway, the kiting really helped. I never though of that...

Edge of Sanity
06-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Believe me, in Normal, without good gear it took me several minutes to lay him down.

It took me about 20 minutes... Now, on to epic :D

Rado
06-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Congratulations :) I' m glad you made it.

Withern
06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I found that at all three levels, he's the same:

Sacrifice a little DPS and a few hitpoints to bone up on resists, esp. elemental and stun.

Whenever he lifts his arms run around him 180 degrees. He poses in the same place until the meteor shower is done. Toy get a few seconds to whack him before he turns around.

Fire up a potion BEFORE you charge in (you should really do that before any tough boss). Then chain them as much as you can. I start pressing the hot key repeatedly before it refreshes so that I don't miss anytime. :)

I've got a battlemage geared towards warfare and don't have any problems with him at all.

BTW, I do pretty much the same thing with Hades. Whenever he fires up that "pinwheel of death" (as I like to call it) i just run circles aorund him chugging potions until its gone. For the hell of it, the other night I fired up core dweller, ancient heros and used a storm witch scroll. I took in my personal army and blitzed him. Couldn't have been more than 3-4 minutes beginning to end. :)