PDA

View Full Version : Using too many potions for my liking. [Conq]

w4ffl35
05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
I have a level 52 conquerer, just beat epic, and I think I'm popping too many potions. My gear seemed good, and it allowed me to fly through Act 2 and 3 but near the end of Act 3 I started using more pots than normal.

Heres my gear (With a 18% Block from buff)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/xtremebass2k/TQgear52.png
(sorry for the bad crop job)

My skills are set up like

Conquerer (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Conquerer&master1=5&master2=3&sa=10&m1=32-0-1-1-5-1-1-0-6-6-6-1-0-1-6-8-6-6-0-1-6-0&m2=32-6-1-8-0-8-6-3-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-6-0)

I'm farming epic typhon atm, so gear should get better. Also I only own TQ and not IT.

Any help?

maul
05-25-2007, 05:38 AM
You should take advantage of resilience "bug" in TQ, conquerors are far better in TQ than in IT. If you want to lessen potion intake, put points in inspiration, this will increase the rally duration as well as mana regeneration. You can perma rally by casting it after adrenaline triggers. More points in adrenaline equals more health recovery.

You may use green weapons instead that has %attck to health or socket it w/ anubis wrath. For your current gear, you should get rid soon of your murk crawlers and warriors plate, body armor takes 40% of the hit so you must upgrade the armor, bonus you get with the bracers is not worth keeping the plate.

Look for athena's battle greaves, pendant of immortal rage, adroit loop for upgrades. When you have IT, you will be taking twice the pots just to survive in ACT 4. Good luck in farming typhon. :]

apocalypse80
05-25-2007, 06:59 AM
You may also want to invest in one of the heavy-duty defensive skills.
Like quick recovery , it's a must max and it will reduce the damage you take by a ton.
Use the resilience bug to keep it on all the time.

w4ffl35
06-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I tried the inspiration / adrenaline combo. I actually ended up using more potions. What do you think I did wrong?

Balshar
06-02-2007, 04:54 AM
It's definatly your gear. Your skill points look very good.
As a different weapon try farming the shops for a Vetran's... of (suffix). Try for a mace. Then stick something like Anubis' Wrath that (hopefully) has a bonus of 35% attack speed (definatly possible). Although something like a Leg. Sabretooth (from Act 3) would do wonders for your attack speed. The higher you attack speed the more that Pulverise, Disable and Shield Smash will proc. = More Damage! = Therefore taking Less Damage! :rockon:
Personally my Conq. doesn't have points in Rally. Never need it. Though, he is pretty twinked out.
I must say your resistances are a LOT better than mine hehe
Hope you find yaself some better gear!