PDA

View Full Version : Strong area damage spell?

SPiRiTX
05-19-2007, 05:09 PM
What is the best spell for area damage in the storm mastery? :shifty:

spyhund
05-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Probibly lightning-bolt + chain-lightning (if you can have 'add-skills')

adamegeddon
05-19-2007, 11:57 PM
With the right equipment, Squall and its line can be pretty destructive, if u got alot of +elemental or lightning damage gears.

Viper_Sweden
05-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Max Squall/Obscured Visibility, Chain Lightning and Static Charge.

Squall a group of foes, wait a second and apply Chain Lightning... ;)

Psimon
05-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Concerning AOE's: Storm Surge, has anyone had problems with this skill activating?

I have a few points in it - only 2 so far - and I've never seen it triggered (had it for at least 5-7 levels so far). I assume this is the same AOE that hitting the white tigerman mages produces, that lightning bloom effect and momentary stun.

Maybe one need to invest a lot more points in it to get the awesome graphics? Perhaps it's going off and I am unaware of it . . . .

mamba
05-25-2007, 02:24 AM
Well, given your builds, it should be the Oracle who has Storm Surge. Storm Surge can only get triggered if you get hit. As a mage tries to avoid being hit, the chance of Storm Surge actually being triggered should be reduced somewhat.

So as long as you get hit very infrequently, this would explain why it does not trigger.

i.n.s.a.n.e
05-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi,

Definitely Ice Shards or Chain Lightning. I prefer Ice Shards though. :]

SPiRiTX
05-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I saw a Typhoon rush using Ice Shards but I dunno how he managed to shoot so many projectiles at once. Anyway I have no points on Ice Shard and just took all my points off the Electrical ball thing and put some on Lightning Bolt although I dont have the upgrade yet.

You seem to all be saying max squall...? I have no points on it but what is it that is so effective about it?

mamba
05-25-2007, 06:09 PM
I saw a Typhoon rush using Ice Shards but I dunno how he managed to shoot so many projectiles at once. Anyway I have no points on Ice Shard and just took all my points off the Electrical ball thing and put some on Lightning Bolt although I dont have the upgrade yet.

Ice Shards are multiple projectiles to begin with. Do you know when that video was made ? If it was pre 1.20, forget about it, Typhon now is much tougher.

Imo Ice Shards are a waste of skill points, they are ok in normal (I guess, never used them there), but in legendary they deal no more damage than my staff does all by itself and use up a ton on mana.

You seem to all be saying max squall...? I have no points on it but what is it that is so effective about it?

Everything ;) it definitely is in the top 5 of the best skills in all of TQ/IT.

In normal its damage is sufficient to kill pretty much every mob all by itself (not immediately, but before it runs out at least), later the -resistance and the inability of casters and archers to hit you are heaven sent (and the damage is just an added bonus to that).

My Oracle uses Squall and Thunderball (and Ternion), I do have Lightning but I almost never use it (Toxeus is the only one I use it on actually).

Incinerate
05-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Imo Ice Shards are a waste of skill points, they are ok in normal (I guess, never used them there), but in legendary they deal no more damage than my staff does all by itself and use up a ton on mana

Woot, my first ever character was an "Elementalist" and I solely went through the entire game on Ice Shards and yet I managed with whatever gear I found from normal right through to completing legendary in vanilla TQ.

I died some 70 times from normal > legendary and all on substandard "whatever" dropped equipment.

"Mamba" however, has a good point, being that they are not an ideal setup to rely upon, but still it's doable. But "DO NOT" attempt to rely on them in ACT IV within "IT" on legendary, as it really has little/no effect from thereonin and you "WILL" get owned attempting to use that skill "buffed or otherwise" on them.

Regards,

Incinerate.

i.n.s.a.n.e
05-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Ice Shards are multiple projectiles to begin with. Do you know when that video was made ? If it was pre 1.20, forget about it, Typhon now is much tougher.

Imo Ice Shards are a waste of skill points, they are ok in normal (I guess, never used them there), but in legendary they deal no more damage than my staff does all by itself and use up a ton on mana.

Hi,

I don't think so..

They deal lot of damage on Legendary and more than your staff. Firstly, staff itself doesn't have more projectiles then one. Secondly, staff itself has not that big casting/attack speed as IS. Don't forget IS have no recharge..and thirdly, IS have chance to pass through enemies..

You're right with mana issue, but it's doable with -%mana cost and +%mana regeneration..

mamba
05-28-2007, 06:11 AM
They deal lot of damage on Legendary and more than your staff.

well, given my (admittedly limited) experience with them this is not true.

When 1.20 arrived I was looking for a Ternion replacement and tried both Lightning and Ice Shards. The Ice Shards or my non-Ternion staff attack had about the same result (the staff was still killing a bit faster imo).

Maybe if I had stocked up on +%cold gear they would have gotten the lead, but then my staff was cold based as well (Fingerbone of Boreas).

Firstly, staff itself doesn't have more projectiles then one. Secondly, staff itself has not that big casting/attack speed as IS. Don't forget IS have no recharge..and thirdly, IS have chance to pass through enemies..

You are right on all counts, the end result still was that my staff killed at least as fast however.

You're right with mana issue, but it's doable with -%mana cost and +%mana regeneration..

Foregoing +%cold / lightning damage, resistances etc. which all are preferable to me. I did not find them worthwhile and would advise against them.

But hey, everyone is free to try and if it doesn't work out, visit a Mystic and respec ;)

i.n.s.a.n.e
05-28-2007, 06:28 AM
well, given my (admittedly limited) experience with them this is not true.

When 1.20 arrived I was looking for a Ternion replacement and tried both Lightning and Ice Shards. The Ice Shards or my non-Ternion staff attack had about the same result (the staff was still killing a bit faster imo).

Maybe if I had stocked up on +%cold gear they would have gotten the lead, but then my staff was cold based as well (Fingerbone of Boreas).

You are right on all counts, the end result still was that my staff killed at least as fast however.

I'd like to know how could your one-projectile-shooting staff be better than 5+ projectiles IS with ultra fast attack speed and approximately same damage as your staff?

But hey, everyone is free to try and if it doesn't work out, visit a Mystic and respec ;)

Yeah!! :rockon:

mamba
05-28-2007, 06:50 AM
I'd like to know how could your one-projectile-shooting staff be better than 5+ projectiles IS with ultra fast attack speed and approximately same damage as your staff?

That was just my experience, not something I scientifically deduced from stats, I assume the following facts are the explanation for this.

For one Ice Shards deal less damage than a staff, they deal 60 - 83 (base skill) compared to 134 - 144 for the staff (Fingerbone). Even with the maxed first synergy (+52% cold damage) you arrive at 90 - 120, which still is less (the staff deals 1/3 more damage).

For another, not all projectiles actually do hit anything and finally the debuff to resistances from the staff helps even more. In the end the two were killing equally fast.

Maybe if I had chosen another area with lots of weak mobs for the comparison the Ice Shards would have gotten out on top (I chose the clay soldiers in Chang'an as they were easy to reach), but then I could still fall back on Ternion to get 3 projectiles for larger mob groups (didn't do so for this comparison).

With the introduction of artifacts this is even more in favor of staffs imo, my Ikon of Zeus (best artifact for any Oracle, period) gives +35% attack speed which I still lacked when doing the comparison.

The Rock-man
05-28-2007, 08:37 AM

Wrong ice is 1 projectile until you get the 2nd upgrade Torrent.

as for Squall its powerful against range mobs archers and staff users as it makes them miss 100% of the time when maxed and does good damage and has a huge AOE. Add its upgrade Obscured Visibility and you get damage reduction this is a biggy as almost everything does alot of normal phys damage. And -30% resist debuff this is a biggy against resistance mobs it the difference between doing little damage and a fair amount (The more resistant a moster is the more effective this debuff becomes, you can hurt any mob with resist up to ~160%)

i.n.s.a.n.e
05-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Wrong ice is 1 projectile until you get the 2nd upgrade Torrent.

I think we were talking about maxed Ice Shards hehe.. :shifty:

SPiRiTX
05-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Everything ;) it definitely is in the top 5 of the best skills in all of TQ/IT.

Top 5 skills? Now I really gotta try it out!

The Rock-man
05-28-2007, 10:12 AM
i.n.s.a.n.e you didn't read the post i was replying to, "Ice Shards are multiple projectiles to begin with" hence this implies that at lvl 2 you can get multi-missile ice shards.

mamba
05-28-2007, 10:17 AM
That is not what was meant by it.

It was an answer to a question how Ice Shards in a Typhon fight can be that many projectiles. This clearly was not Ice Shards the skill but Ice Shards the tree and that is also what my answer refered to (the tree, not the skill).

Maybe I should have stated it more clearly, but the discussion was about the tree all along.

i.n.s.a.n.e
05-28-2007, 10:43 AM
That is not what was meant by it.

It was an answer to a question how Ice Shards in a Typhon fight can be that many projectiles. This clearly was not Ice Shards the skill but Ice Shards the tree and that is also what my answer refered to (the tree, not the skill).

Maybe I should have stated it more clearly, but the discussion was about the tree all along.

:lol: Yeah!! :lol:

Have to try if the staff is really better than IS Mamba!! :] But dunno how long it takes me, because I must start from the veeeery beginning again.. ;)

mamba
05-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Have to try if the staff is really better than IS Mamba!! :] But dunno how long it takes me, because I must start from the veeeery beginning again.. ;)

Can't you just visit a Mystic ?

If you can't, I'd recommend setting up a char with the Defiler to check out how you like the staff, if you do like it you can always start over, but that way at least you do not spend many hours on something you might not even like in the end.

SPiRiTX
05-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Lol :P So what is the best area damge spell again? Squall combined with Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning??

mamba
05-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Either that or Distort Reality (its synergy Temporal Rift actually).

As a Prophet you can get both, both are pretty mana intensive however and you need different +% boosts for either one, so you might be better off going with one, not both of them.

This is true for the entire mastery, not just this one skill however. Whenever I try to set up a Prophet in titancalc, I always think the two masteries just offer no synergies and when you focus on Storm you are better off with another secondary mastery (the same is true for Dream) ;)

If I had to set one up, he would look like this I guess

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Prophet (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Prophet&master1=8&master2=9&sa=0&m1=32-0-10-0-12-8-0-0-12-0-0-8-6-12-0-0-1-0-0-8-0&m2=32-0-0-1-0-8-0-6-16-0-0-1-0-1-0-1-6-12-12-8-12)

SPiRiTX
05-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Ok lol. I'll look at that again when I'm level 75.... Im level 29!

mamba
05-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Hehe, just look at the Storm side then, I would get Storm Nimbus, Squall and Thunderball before worrying much about Dream (I would have selected the mastery and invested in it for the increase in stats, but not the skills, except for the pet).

I know the level is somewhat scary, but you can always skip one skill you do not like and there are 21 additional skill points from quests, so the actual level is 68 or so (still high).

Not sure how this would work out, maybe investing in both Distortion Wave and Thunderball is not viable as imo DW only makes sense if you focus on +% electrical burn damage (which I am not sure I would).

At level 29 it would look more like this ;)

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Prophet (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Prophet&master1=8&master2=9&sa=0&m1=16-0-10-0-1-8-0-0-12-0-0-2-6-12-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=16-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-5-0-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0)

This assumes you go the caster route, for melee things would look very different ;)

SPiRiTX
05-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Ok Nice Build :D But here is somthing like what my build is right now:

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Prophet (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Prophet&master1=8&master2=9&sa=5&m1=25-0-6-0-0-5-0-0-0-0-7-0-0-0-1-0-1-0-0-0-0-0&m2=25-0-5-0-0-3-0-1-1-4-0-0-0-0-0-9-0-0-0-0-0-0-0)

??

therani
05-28-2007, 07:35 PM
This is what my prophet currently looks like:

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Prophet (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Prophet&master1=8&master2=9&sa=10&m1=27-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-12-0-0-0-6-12-0-0-2-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-1-0-8-0-6-1-0-0-1-12-1-0-1-6-12-0-0-12-0-0-0)

I'm working my way up to Eye of the Storm to further increase my Squall's damage, and my gear is a mishmash of +skills, +% lightning damage, +% total damage, +% electric burn damage, resists, energy regen, and casting speed. My staff is a green store-bought lightning staff with an Epic Zeus relic on it, but I only use it for the lightning damage bonus.

i.n.s.a.n.e
05-29-2007, 03:03 AM
Can't you just visit a Mystic ?

If you can't, I'd recommend setting up a char with the Defiler to check out how you like the staff, if you do like it you can always start over, but that way at least you do not spend many hours on something you might not even like in the end.

Hi,

I deleted my Druid so I can't.. :mad:

I also don't use Defiler..and don't want to.. :]

I'm working on my Stormcaller these days..but I don't have much time..having too much work.. :(

i.n.s.a.n.e
05-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Lol :P So what is the best area damge spell again? Squall combined with Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning??

+Trance of Wrath maybe.. :]

The Rock-man
05-29-2007, 05:07 AM
well then mamba you didn't say the skill tree just ice shards which is misleading to the person who you where replying to, as well as any one else who reads this thread.
Next time make it clearer, from the way it posted combined with the question it was replying to it stated with just ice shards you get multi-missiles. I know you wouldn't of wanted to mislead people but you could of.

BTW if you use both Squall and ToW dont bother with Obscured Visibility unless you want the reduced damage part. Two -% total resist DO NOT stack, tested by someone (Cant remember name).

Viper_Sweden
05-29-2007, 07:20 AM
But do Obscured Visibility and Susceptibility stack?

The Rock-man
05-29-2007, 08:33 AM
what do you mean by susceptibility?
If you mean - resist it depends on what its reducing Same type dont stack.
Theres about 3 types of debuffs -% all, -%X or -X these are the same-thing, lastly -all. Where X is a resistance type.
Use search to find the thread.

i.n.s.a.n.e
05-29-2007, 08:51 AM
what do you mean by susceptibility?
If you mean - resist it depends on what its reducing Same type dont stack.
Theres about 3 types of debuffs -% all, -%X or -X these are the same-thing, lastly -all. Where X is a resistance type.
Use search to find the thread.

He probably meant Plague's synergy.. :]

It is -%elemental resistances and -%damage resistance. Looks like it is the same as Obscured visibility.

Only devil knows the ropes..and Apocalypse.. :twisted: (hehehe...ehm...it's Czech saying, hope it won't insult anybody..)

Oh, the link: http://www.titanquest.net/forums/immortal-throne-spoilers/15481-resistances-question.html?highlight=resistances+question

I think you'll find it there Viper Sweden.

Viper_Sweden
05-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks dudes ;)

Now let's get back on topic...

SPiRiTX
05-30-2007, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=therani;151262]This is what my prophet currently looks like:

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Prophet (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Prophet&master1=8&master2=9&sa=10&m1=27-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-12-0-0-0-6-12-0-0-2-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-1-0-8-0-6-1-0-0-1-12-1-0-1-6-12-0-0-12-0-0-0)

[QUOTE]

1)You have no points on Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning?

2)And Psionic Immomlation maxed; Is it good?

3)I also dont use Cold Staffs Not Lightning so would it be worth it to remove my points from Heart of Frost and get Static Charge with a lightning staff or are they both the same?

4)Also MAXED Lucid Dream? I have a few points on it but is it worth maxing?

5) 1 Point on DR with TR maxed? Should I do this too?

6) Trance of Convalecence? Worth Maxing? Or Tance of Wrath?

Lots of Questions :happy: Lets see answers people! :rockon:

mamba
05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
well then mamba you didn't say the skill tree just ice shards which is misleading to the person who you where replying to, as well as any one else who reads this thread.

Next time make it clearer, from the way it posted combined with the question it was replying to it stated with just ice shards you get multi-missiles. I know you wouldn't of wanted to mislead people but you could of.

It appears you were the only one who was mislead, but I agree I could have made it clearer.

BTW if you use both Squall and ToW dont bother with Obscured Visibility unless you want the reduced damage part. Two -% total resist DO NOT stack, tested by someone (Cant remember name).

So Necrosis and ToW do not stack either ? reduced damage is nice and Squall has a bigger AoE so the -resistance is not completely worthless either, thanks for letting me know tho, wasn't sure about that

apocalypse80
05-30-2007, 04:35 PM
So Necrosis and ToW do not stack either ? reduced damage is nice and Squall has a bigger AoE so the -resistance is not completely worthless either, thanks for letting me know tho, wasn't sure about that

Self-promoting may be lame , but re-writing the same things is lamer so ;
http://www.titanquest.net/forums/immortal-throne-spoilers/15481-resistances-question-3.html#post141516

Necrosis and ToW do stack.

mamba
05-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Self-promoting may be lame , but re-writing the same things is lamer so ;
http://www.titanquest.net/forums/immortal-throne-spoilers/15481-resistances-question-3.html#post141516

Necrosis and ToW do stack.

well, then I don't get it. ToW, Necrosis and Obscured Visibility all do % reductions to resistances, so why does Necrosis stack with ToW but OV does not ?

apocalypse80
05-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Sigh...
I thought I explained it pretty clearly in that post....

Percentage and absolute reduction are NOT correctly labeled in skill description.
Which is why I bother naming them and separating them in categories.
You'll see necrosis under the "absolute reduction" category.

mamba
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Missed that, thanks ;)

therani
05-30-2007, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=therani;151262]This is what my prophet currently looks like:

[QUOTE]

1)You have no points on Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning?

2)And Psionic Immomlation maxed; Is it good?

3)I also dont use Cold Staffs Not Lightning so would it be worth it to remove my points from Heart of Frost and get Static Charge with a lightning staff or are they both the same?

4)Also MAXED Lucid Dream? I have a few points on it but is it worth maxing?

5) 1 Point on DR with TR maxed? Should I do this too?

6) Trance of Convalecence? Worth Maxing? Or Tance of Wrath?

Lots of Questions :happy: Lets see answers people! :rockon:

1. Nope. I'm not using Lightning bolt/Chain Lightning. I don't have the gear for a -100% recharge character, so I'd have to wait around for it to recharge. Squall and Distortion Wave/Psi Immolation, unlike Lightning Bolt, continue hurting the enemies while I'm waiting for them to recharge. By the time one has worn off, the other one is ready to go again, with the other one a second behind it. So basically, I have a one-two combo that constantly fries most of the screen with two kinds of damage while debuffing enemy resistances, keeping them from shooting at me, making them do less damage to me, and slowing them down so they stay in the squall longer, all the while my quickly regenerating and aggressive Wisp and Nightmare go to town on them with Thunderclap and Confusion :) I'm in late Epic at the moment, and having plenty of fun.

2. Maxed Psi Immolation and maxed Lucid Dream with +4 skills does over a thousand points of electric burn damage over 4 seconds, which is boosted by your Int, and the resistance to it is reduced by Obscured Visibility. It slows the enemies down, so it helps them stay in the Squall longer, and it makes them easier to run away from in a pinch. It recharges in about 5 seconds with no recharge gear at all, and its effects (slow and electric burn) last for 4 seconds. I use it on left click as my main attack.

3. Heart of Frost doesn't do quite as much for your cold damage as Static Charge does for your lightning. The main reason I'm using Static Charge is not to boost my staff damage, but to boost Squall. The staff I use has a +% lightning damage bonus, plus another from its Zeus relic, not because I zap things with it, but because I want to further pump up Squall :)

4. Lucid Dream increases my electric burn damage by a big chunk, and electric burn damage is a big part of the damage I do. I need it as high as possible! I like Premonition for the Defensive ability since it's nice to not get critically hit all the time. Temporal Flux gives me more of every kind of speed (like movement and casting speed) and having a decent chance to avoid projectiles is nice too.

5. One point of DR and maxed TR is nice for me, since I still get the max amount of stun from Distort Reality, and I also get a big chunk of electrical burn that's boosted by my Int, Lucid Dream, and other electric burn/total damage boosting gear, and it gives me the max amount of petrification time. You can max DR too if you like (the vitality damage and physical damage are also boosted by Lucid Dream, after all) but I leave it at 1 for now to make it that much less energy expensive. Distort Reality is the emergency skill I use when I'm surrounded. I don't normally use it as a primary killing skill. When I'm a caster, I don't like getting that close to the badguys.

6. Trance of Convalescence is awesome. It has a nice chunk of damage absorption, it heals you, heals your pets, and makes your energy regenerate very quickly when you're wearing caster clothes. Very handy for a caster. The other auras are also certainly awesome, but they're more designed for a melee character. You have to get close to enemies to use the others properly, and casters are generally too frail for such an "in your face" approach.

SPiRiTX
06-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Is there a staff that aloows you to fire more than one projectiles from it? If so please let me know :D

therani
06-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Is there a staff that aloows you to fire more than one projectiles from it? If so please let me know :D

I've heard nice things about the * (aka the snowball, aka the asterisk) that you can get from the secret passage. It grants a skill that lets you fire a multi-projectile attack.

SPiRiTX
06-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks m8 :D I'm level 40 now and my build looks a bit like this :P

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Prophet (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Prophet&master1=8&master2=9&sa=9&m1=32-0-5-0-0-8-0-0-0-0-6-0-0-11-0-0-5-0-7-0-0&m2=32-0-7-0-0-5-0-4-0-5-0-0-0-0-0-9-0-0-7-0-12-0)

It says I should be level 48 but I have a lot of + Skill Items On :D

Argantes
06-22-2007, 06:33 AM
The Rani, AFAIK the electricity damage is NOT boosted by INT (yeah, what a pity) .. correct me if Im wrong

mamba
06-22-2007, 10:39 AM
You are wrong ;)

Electrical burn damage is boosted by int, it is not boosted by +% lightning, only by +% electrical burn.

therani
06-22-2007, 02:21 PM
The Rani, AFAIK the electricity damage is NOT boosted by INT (yeah, what a pity) .. correct me if Im wrong

It's not boosted by +% Elemental damage, or +% Lightning damage. But Int does boost it, as well as +% Total Damage and +% Electrical Burn Damage.

My prophet recently lucked into a staff with the Despot's prefix, giving it something like +23% Total Damage. I tacked an Epic Thanatos relic on it, for an extra 12%, giving it +35% to Total damage. I'm also wearing a hat with an Erebus charm that gives me +10% Total Damage, and a bracelet with +10% Electrical Burn, and I have something like +60% coming from Lucid Dream. Just that stuff is more than doubling my Electrical burn damage, and it's further boosted by my Int. No need for pity.

Creslyn
06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Whoa, wait. +Elemental% doesn't boost the burn type damages? You just made baby Jesus cry :cry:

Viper_Sweden
06-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Well, Jesus was a pansy so it's not a surprise that he would cry... ;)

SPiRiTX
06-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Lol :P Well thanks to everyone here my Prhot is now a total OWNAGE character! Level 45 with complete Archmage set on and lots of ownage spells :D And in 2 levels I might get the Plouton set on! Also I have an OWNAGE staff that does plus 2 to all storm skills (pity is a cold damage [not lightning] but stilll does more damage than lighting anyway...)

Any hints for a level 50 Prphet now? I sure am flying up the levels! Temporal Rift and Chain Lightning own mobs and get lots of EXP. :p

pierreseb
06-30-2007, 09:15 PM
I've heard nice things about the * (aka the snowball, aka the asterisk) that you can get from the secret passage. It grants a skill that lets you fire a multi-projectile attack.

The special attack from the snowball has a 15 seconds cooldown and consist in throwing 5 snowballs with an arc angle of 150, the damage being 150 frost damage (base damage, it can get much higher with equipment). It could be useful, but unfortunately, these 5 snowballs are thrown VERY SLOWLY, they follow an nice curve before splashing on the ground around 10 meters in front of you, which takes about 2 seconds before impact, making aiming with that skill impossible against fast-moving monsters.

So in the end I guess that the snowball has mainly one purpose: being equipped from level 1 (no level or INT requirement) and helping you to storm through normal mode because of its very high frost damage. ;)
It is very nice weapon for a caster to level up quickly to level 25-30 without relying too much on your class spells.

therani
06-30-2007, 09:58 PM
The special attack from the snowball has a 15 seconds cooldown and consist in throwing 5 snowballs with an arc angle of 150, the damage being 150 frost damage (base damage, it can get much higher with equipment). It could be useful, but unfortunately, these 5 snowballs are thrown VERY SLOWLY, they follow an nice curve before splashing on the ground around 10 meters in front of you, which takes about 2 seconds before impact, making aiming with that skill impossible against fast-moving monsters.

So in the end I guess that the snowball has mainly one purpose: being equipped from level 1 (no level or INT requirement) and helping you to storm through normal mode because of its very high frost damage. ;)
It is very nice weapon for a caster to level up quickly to level 25-30 without relying too much on your class spells.

My caster sorceress is now using the snowball, and I don't really use the 5 snowballs thing much, but the normal attack is just fabulous. She throws flurries of knives at a group, and snowballs any survivors until the knives recharge.

SPiRiTX
07-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Lol, and you get this Snowball from the Secret Passage? Or is it just luck if you get it or not?

therani
07-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Lol, and you get this Snowball from the Secret Passage? Or is it just luck if you get it or not?

It's just one of the things that can drop from the chest in the secret passage. Just like the Santa and Sherlock and Pirate and Cowboy stuff.