PDA

View Full Version : Which skills first for Evoker?

Project Static
04-27-2007, 08:23 PM
I was wondering which skills need to be maxed first and what not for the Evoker. I kind of wanted to max out dream first and get ToW + DR + TR, or is it better to get Earth Enchancement + Ring of fire + ToW then get DR + TR later? What about eruption? I was also wondering if it is at all possible to say....put points into distortion wave early on and somehow get those points refunded later on by a trainer or something? I'm used to playing World of Warcraft and being able to switch specs whenever I like. I was wondering if that was a feature in this game.

Rose
04-28-2007, 12:11 AM
You can switch skills around in the same mastery whenever you want (with money), but you cannot change mastery levels. Having played an Evoker and doing some heavy skill changing myself, here's my recommendation (at least for an INT-based Evoker):

Start out with Earth: Get 1 point in Earth Enchantment -> Max Ring of Fire -> Max Earth Enchantment -> 1 point in Brimstone, 1 point in Stone Form -> Max Soften Metal -> Max Brimstone.

Then go up Dream Mastery: Get 1 point in Psionic Touch and put it on left click -> 1 point in Lucid Dream -> 1 point each in Distort Reality and Temporal Rift, put DR on your right click -> Max Trance of Wrath. Then max Lucid Dream, Temporal Rift and get 1 point in Nightmare just for distraction purposes.

At level 35, which is nearing the end of Normal mode, your build should look something like this:
TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Evoker (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Evoker&master1=1&master2=9&m1=10-12-0-8-0-12-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-1-0-0-8-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-0-12-0-12-0)

Core Dweller and Nightmare only have 1 point to start because in Normal mode they are rather pathetic without a ton of +skill gear and +pet gear. Your damage alone will kill pretty much all mobs. Getting Stone Form early will make boss fights a cakewalk.

Pets become pretty nice in Epic/Legendary, but they are pretty much the last points you want to invest in for any non pet-centric build. If you are curious, here's my Evoker's current build:
TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Evoker (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Evoker&master1=1&master2=9&m1=32-12-0-8-1-12-0-1-6-0-1-1-8-0-1-8-0-0-1-8-12-0&m2=32-0-1-0-0-8-0-1-6-0-0-0-0-1-0-1-6-0-12-8-12-0-0)

you2
05-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Rose why did you split your stats between int and str - esp with regards to equipment does it not work better to put most (all) in either str or int ?

Argantes
06-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Rose why did you split your stats between int and str - esp with regards to equipment does it not work better to put most (all) in either str or int ?

the STR points you see in TitanCalc are from Dream mastery itself, of course all (or most of) points from lvl ups should go to INT (for a caster)

Diekruzen
05-30-2010, 12:15 AM
I have been trying this build modified a bit only lvl 8 but it is really good for starting off. Just got the game a few hours ago. amazing game :rockon:

Teucer
05-30-2010, 01:15 AM
I have been trying this build modified a bit only lvl 8 but it is really good for starting off. Just got the game a few hours ago. amazing game :rockon:

Welcome to the game and forum.

This particular thread is a bit old. In case you haven't done so, you might want to look at a newer thread like this one (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/33257-An-evoker-question) for a more complete perspective on the Evoker.

Diekruzen
05-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks, that was my first google seach thanks for the updated info. The game is really well done and I just got done playing torchlight but this is far better.