PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to move characters back to TQ from IT?

toaster cone
04-22-2007, 01:21 AM
Hello there, everyone.

My boyfriend and I have pretty much had it with the lag issues in IT, especially considering that his brand-spankin'-new gaming rig can't even run the game without a little lag. And that machine is a beast. For the time being, we've decided to just play the original TQ and wait for a patch.

What I wanted to know is this: if we've played a bit of IT with our old characters (and in the process racked up some IT-only items), can we somehow move them back into TQ and continue playing with them? Will the presence of IT-only items screw them up somehow?

I'd appreciate any help on the matter.

Ward
04-22-2007, 01:57 AM
toaster cone i think your stuck :(

the manual says in a few places the transfer is one way

you could try backing up your games folder

one folder is TQ the other is IT

you could try moving the IT folders over to the TQ folders and uninstalling IT see if that works, but definately back up all those folders first.

Also you might want to try TQ Vault and export all the IT only items and storing them in special folders and only use TQ items in the original

TQ Vault was the best resource and it never had problems storing or transfing items like the Caravan has sometimes.

Good luck

Batman
04-22-2007, 03:48 AM
You could just put your Titan Quest DVD in the drive and play from where you left off before you installed Immortal Throne. Not much of a fix, I know, but there is no way you can "un-import" your characters.

Equisilus
04-22-2007, 07:32 AM
I backed up the Titan Quest folder before installing IT just in case I ever wanted to do this exact same thing. That way I can at least go back to my old characters in vanilla TQ if I wanted (I don't). I think that's the only sure way of handling it.

Batman
04-22-2007, 07:41 AM
TQ:IT actually makes a copy of your characters and imports the copies into the new game. This leaves your original characters intact.

toaster cone
04-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Ah, well at least the old ones will still be intact. It's not a huge loss, really; only a few levels, no big deal.

Thanks for the help, guys. (: