PDA

View Full Version : 2 handed weapons?

skalapunk
04-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Greetings all! I've lurked for a few days, but this is my first post. I recently got TQ and am loving it! I have a noob question, and I searched the forums briefly but couldn't find an answer, hopefully you guys can help.

Two handed weapons, do they exist? When I read the word "Spear", I immediately think of the barbarian in Diablo 2 that had giant pikes and poles and lances. Does this sort of thing exist? Or do you always have a free hand for a shield? What about giant 2 handed swords? Axes? Almost every thread I've found always mentions having a shield.

I see alot of posts saying that spears are one of the better weapon choices, so I thought i'd found out all there is to know about them!

Thanks

Infares
04-18-2007, 10:52 AM
The only proper two handed weapons in the game are the ranged weapons, bows and staves.

All melee weapons can be wielded with shields, and all melee weapons except spears can be dual wielded.

skalapunk
04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Tyvm for the reply. On that note, what is the point of the "dual wield" mastery in Warfare? I'm not quite sure how it works.

It says there's a % chance to be used...<---confused?

Does that mean each time you swing your right hand, your left hand has a % to swing too?

If this is the case, is it better to have a fast weapon in your right hand, and a slower/heavy hitting weapon in your offhand?

Infares
04-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Dual wielding means that as long as you have the skill, you swing with either your right or left hand at random with the percentile chance that you'll do something else. The percentile chance and what you'll actually do depends on your actual skills within the dual wield tree and their respective levels.

The percentiles don't stack but are all present, meaning rather than having four 10% chances of doing one (supposing you have four dual wield abilities in the tree set at a 10% proc each) you actually have a 40% chance of the game picking one for you and you doing it (for example, the actual percentages are different according to the skills and their levels).

I described this in a sorta clunky way but hopefully it's not that hard to grasp, I'll try and specify if necessary.

skalapunk
04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
So you'd have say, with a maxed out duel wield tree:

- 22% chance for DW, (swing two weapons in the same round perhaps?)
- 10% chance or Hew,
- 10% chance for Cross cut,
- 10% chance for Tumult.

So there's a 52% chance of *SOMETHING* happening when you attack..is this correct thinking?

Infares
04-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah, exactly. Same principle applies to shield procs on the far right side of the Defense mastery page.

If you add some +skills gear, that 52% starts to climb upwards of 30%/15%/15%/15% or 75% chance of some type of proc.

And yeah, lmao sorry for not answering your most basic question above, but when a true "Dual Wield" process loads, you attack with both weapons simultaneously in main/sub order.