PDA

View Full Version : War - Mod Idea

Savagerr
06-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Hello everyone :) I am new to the game and sort of to this community but I am myself a very big gamer an owner of xbox 360, xbox, ps2, pc, gamecube, and pc that is eqipped with geforce 7800 gtx and 2 gig ddr ram, 250 x2 gigs hardrives SATA 2 raid0 and I am a pretty hardcore gamer and play most of the popular stuff and I do like modding. Anyway lol this is not a biography thread I just started to be playing around with the editor, going through a monster list, trying to make a map and test it. Amazingly I had over 20 Satyr Pawns on the screen with 0 framerate loss the game plays great at the highest maximized settings (well for me). It took me quite a while how to make make level/put objects/monsters etc....but it was really worth it cause in the end I had quite a few mobs running around , a spawn point obviously, and even items and potions.

Here goes my mod idea.

Its not really a mod but its just a series of maps that is put together to sorta make a mod. The mode will be called war and it will be a very long mod for single player and multiplayer and here is the concept of it.

You start out in level 1 and you finish once you get to lvl 64 or w/e the max is. Basicly what I want is a series of nicely designed maps starting with weak mobs to ofcourse very powerful mobs. I want to bring a really nice hack'n'slash expecrience to multiplayer and solo. The mod will take a while cause it will really take long to find out how many mobs you need of that specific mob in each area. Now there's quite alot of mobs as I have been going through the list were lucky to have a number displayed on the right in the mob select list as it displayer their level :) If you did not notice if you see a aw_pawn01 (01 = level 1 etc...02 level 2) you get the idea check this out and see the mobs for yourself. As a matter of fact since this mod be mostly based on monsters I will make a whole sheet with the mob pictures and their names to help us out :) I need a concept guy who can design some good designs for maps so someone or me can make em. I still try to learn the map making which is alot of fun I see alot of potential in this editor we can bring great things! If ye want to help add me as - savagerr on xfire.

Twenty2Life
06-30-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm going to be looking at starting a project soon, once I figure out the editor. And nail down the issues I'm having with it. Like the no path tool not working at all, and some overall oddness with trying to get things working correctly.

But yeah, I'd be interested. I think however I'd rather start on something small, to learn the program making a large campaign wouldn't be all so bad.

bildo84
06-30-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm having the same issue with the no-pass brush. I think many are for some reason. I'd love to help ya, Sav, but I'll be likely concentrating on making my own smaller quest mods for general level ranges for now. Baby-steps, I always say... or was that Bill Murray?

Twenty2Life
06-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Well, good to see that I'm not the only person having issues with the No-pass brush. It's actually quite an annoyance. I guess I'll just learn the rest of the program while the devs figure out what's the issue. Well... here's hoping they find out the issue.

Gene
06-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I was actually planning on doing something like this. My version would be defending a besieged city for a certain time frame whilst creatures gradually get stronger and stronger. As the defender of course you only have one life *terror* so I'll probably make it so that when you die you respawn in a room saying something like "You have died, join the gods in the afterlife."

Doesn't sound to easy eh? Well you'll of course be able to hire reinforcements before every wave.

Course, I can't do this until I get the game.

-Gene

Savagerr
06-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Allrite so what's the deal guys? you want to get down to learning the editor and make some small maps? Or "try" making some tests on the war mod and learn the editor as you go?

Gene
06-30-2006, 03:06 PM
I'll probably just learn as I go, once I've got the game that is. Time will tell if I can get anything useful done.

-Gene

Savagerr
06-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Gene you got xfire? Btw what I am gonna do now to help the community is post a big sheet of most of the monsters with pictures and put their name down. TO try to get this started or sumthing and come up with some plans.

Gene
06-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Nah I don't use xFire. I've been thinking about it but I'm not the most chatty person most of the time.

-Geme