View Full Version : dual wield Conqueror?
04-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Are there any people out there that play a conqueror that dual wield? I was thinking about creating one that will dual wield but the alternate weapons would be a weapon + shield combo for when the going gets tough.
Is this viable?
04-06-2007, 04:19 PM
You need a hell of a lot of skill points to get dual wielding to work and the same goes for a shield , I don't see how you could possibly do both.
I also don't see why you'd even try.
The shield conqueror is vastly superior defensively and just about equal offensively (can even be better).
The last part sounds strange but it works , consider the following ;
a) Shields do A LOT of damage , comparable to maces , but don't have an attack speed.
b) The attack speed cap for a shield+weapon is higher than for 2 weapons
c) The passive shield attacks give higher damage boni than the dual wielding moves
d) Both shield charge and batter are stronger than warwind , unless your 2 weapons synergize extremely well , again because they give a stronger bonus than warwind.
There's a very good reason that most conquerors go with a shield ; it's just better.
If you must dual wield , I'd suggest a different second mastery.
04-07-2007, 02:40 AM
Thing is, warfare can offer a fair amount of power even if you don't dual wield, but defense, on the other hand, doesn't offer much at all if you don't use a shield. If you want to dual wield, I'd advise against defense mastery.
04-17-2007, 05:43 AM
Even when you cannot benefit from the shield smashes from Defense mastery, there are certain benefits in choosing it, and only DWer.
1. Stun. Concussive Blow gives you an awesome +60% stun duration when +4 over cap. With any additional stun modifier you will have incredible *in freya's tongue* duration. Items like Adroit Loop gives +50 odd % together with the DW AoE and speed you will end up doing alot of stuns even if Concussive blow offers only 5% chance. (Adrenaline procs alot right?) i can even stun bosses untill they only do two things. The recover-from-stun action and the back-to-stun move.
And your minimum warhorn stun of 1.5 sec will become 1.5 + 170%.. 4.05sec
average stun on average mob will be like 10sec..?
2. Health regen. Adrenaline gives you 33 HP regen at maxed if i am not wrong, not sure about +4 over cap, pair it with two Persephones ... 133 base regen. hmm..
04-17-2007, 02:23 PM
As others said it would be very difficult to distribute the points between DW and Shield effectively.I made such a char but found him pretty gear dependent, and since i like tanking, i changed to shield & mace.
The conqueror is a char made to survive, while the DW is a fun to play toon but not so good in taking a lot of damage.
I had the same question like you myself but when i changed to shield and mace i knew there was no way back - shield in TQ rocks.
Just give it a try ;)
04-17-2007, 11:00 PM
i am a fan of defense mastery also. But just got bored of it cos' been playing it for a long time.
Actually the skill that shines most in defense mastery i believe would be batter and rend armor. Short cooldown, 3 targets, impressive damage.
Or should i say Best skill in TQ. if you're using a shield that is.
04-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Or should i say Best skill in TQ. if you're using a shield that is.
You shouldn't :p
Waaaay too many variables, and any assertion to that effect would reek of subjectivity.
You'd either be holding a can opener or a jug of lighter fluid, both of which are bad for threads. :lol:
Even with a shield, some would definitely disagree.
04-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Btw, i DW my conquerer :twisted:
04-18-2007, 01:37 PM
ello ppl this is my first post but i have to say my pice (p.s my spelling suks plz dont correct me thx) neways i have a good DW Conqueror some may find it funny but it is truely one LOL neways 98% of my skill point go into warfair and the other 2% go in to defence y you may ask well i dont realy use the def a whole lot i use it for some skills like thise one it alows me to have a -20% reqierment for all my armor yes i know its not a TRUE DW Conqueror but hey it gives me POWER and some good def spots were i need it and if you use lots of skills to max out mastertys on the def paer you can be a giant and a power house at the same time it may sound like a lame build but it works some of you may think of it just as a warrior but hey i like if and feel free to pick at this post i dont care (o bty im making an assassin and i need a link to a good or godlike build plz send me one thx) :headbang: :goth: :headbang:
04-18-2007, 02:06 PM
(p.s my spelling suks plz dont correct me thx)
Um, why should we even try to read what you have to say otherwise? I only got about two sentences (using the term loosely) into your post before I had to look at the wall to get my eyes to stop moving independently of one-another.
The point to communication is to not make other people have to work to understand you.
As for what you said, it might as well have been some archaic hieroglyphic passage as far as I'm concerned. Not going to try to respond to it.
04-18-2007, 07:59 PM
I have a lvl 53 Dual Wield Conqueror, and he is my second favorite character. Half way through Egypt Legendary. It's fun but if you are a number cruncher the shield is likely going to be a better option.
04-23-2007, 03:15 AM
i've tried dw conqueror for a while i found it to be pretty inferior to shield + weapon combo, both offensively and defensively. so i recommend for dw, you should get class like assasin or hunting to improve your dps considerably as defense does not really provide any substantial benefits without shield
04-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I think Virus is saying his build looks like this:
TitanCalc - Conquerer (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Conquerer&master1=5&master2=3&m1=32-0-1-0-6-1-1-0-0-5-0-0-2-0-0-7-6-0-10-1-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-6-6-1-6-0-9-8-5-1-0-5-0-6-5-6-1-0)
With maxed Battle Standard and Colossus Form you could be have close to 100% damage absorption.
Also, what is the difference between damage absorption and damage resistance?
04-30-2007, 10:58 PM
damage absorption works on all damage type, damage resistance only works on physical damage.
05-01-2007, 06:02 AM
Another difference is that damage resistance is additive (or so it seems) , while damage absorbtion is multiplicative.
If you have 15% dmg resist from ignore pain and another 15% from heat shield , you get a total 30% physical dmg resistance.
Dmg absorbtion works as multiple layers ;
I get 66% from colossus and 45% from standard (both at ultimate levels) and it definetely doesn't add up to 111%.
Instead , the damage I take is (1-66%)*(1-45%) = 18.7% of the intended amount = 81.3% dmg absorbtion.
05-01-2007, 09:45 PM
OK thanks guys!
So if my char gets hit once by a monster that does 1000 damage and I am wearing armour with values of 200 and have 50% damage absorption and 20% damage resistance, how much does my HP reduce?
Is it 1000 - 200 = 800 (from armour)
then 800 x 0.5 = 400 (from damage absorption)
then 400 x 0.8 = 320 (from damage resistance)
Or is armour calculated last (giving 200HP reduction)?
05-02-2007, 03:22 AM
iirc armor reduction you calculated last so you take 200 damage.
Take this with a grain of salt tho.
05-02-2007, 03:38 AM
I'm 100% positive that dmg resistance is calculated before armor.
Not sure about dmg absorbtion.
BTW , armor doesn't block dmg up to it's amount , it soaks it based on the armor absorbtion percentage.
That is 66% by default.
So if you have 600 armor , 34% of all damage below 600 will pass through.
Any damage over 600 armor will pass unfiltered.
For example ; 600 armor , 66% armor absorbtion , 1000 dmg hit = 600*0.34 + 400 = 604 dmg.
You can increase the armor absorbtion percentage with skills like armor handling.
Just beware that it is not additive ; if armor handling gives +20% then your armor will soak 66%*(1+20%) = 79.2% of damage up to it's value.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.