PDA

View Full Version : Item Graphics/Variation and Numbers

Zidave
03-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I must commend you on the work so far, I did look in the gallery of armor and it looks great there are no complaints! Other than the sheer number. My question, I hope i can spit it out right lol, is this:

Knowing there is a tremendous variation in the stats of all armors, which is great! But what will the level of armor custimization, of visuals, will there be. I guess to say, are there "oodles" (lol) of different looking armors to put on? :)

Just so its not so much of a thing where there is just a handfull of pieces and can really only change your look every five levels or so. I dont know if anyone else even cares, but it is something I like to see in games. This game has that drive to get the stats you want, but what about the looks you want? With 50 levels it makes the game more enjoyable than looking on your screen and wondering "wait a minute... which one is me?" I like to join parties and think, "wow I have never seen that piece before!" while he is thinking the same thing :D

Zidave
03-17-2006, 07:41 AM
*bonk* lol. Ok well incase anyone else is actually wondering what the answer is I'll answer it for myself from the FAQ ( I did read it I swear lol ).

"Items: drops are not random, instead you can use the items from the monsters you kill tied to a WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet-system. this also limits the kind of stuff that will be able to drop (don't expect birds to drop some übersword)
there are a lot of items: 800 unique items, 600 common items, and an magical item generator capable of making over 100k different magic items.
items will appear in the following order from least to most special: common - rare - epic - legendary
weekly the TitanQuestVault @ IGN updates the item/armor lists with new items, so when you're curious start looking at the Vault"

To try and clear up my question. When he says "800 unique and 600 common" though, is that each with a seperate model?

ToiMoi
03-17-2006, 01:55 PM
uniques will have special unique looks as the name kinda implies ;)

the commons will probably include those 600 models, but the magical will be generated with the looks of those common models.

~V~
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
To clarify, those numbers indicate unique individual pieces of art. Each unique item has its own individual mesh and texture as well as hand entered stats. For the common items - there are 600 pieces of base art that all the programatic loot generators pull from. The magical item generators generally pull from the more common pieces, which makes aquiring a unique epic or legendary item that much more special.

The models for the common items and unique items are completely seperate. Believe me when I say there is a ton of gear to be aquired in Titan Quest.

medierra
03-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Below is a list of all the possible permutations of equipment that you can encounter in Titan Quest.

Common - just basic gear with no magical properties

Common Magical - common equipment with a magical "prefix" or "suffix" or both that give it special properities. A prefix is something like "Smoldering" which is the lowest level fire damage bonus and could combine with a common item to make a "Smoldering Kopis", which is a low level sword that now does fire damage. A suffix might be "of Journeying" which would combine with a common item to create something like "Leather Greaves of Journeying" which is low-level leg armor with a bonus to movement speed. Finally you could get an item with both a prefix and suffix like a "Pyromancer's Ring of Recovery", which would grant +1 to all Earth skills and +% Life regeneration.

Common Rare - Common equipment with a rare prefix or sufix that has more magical properties than a normal magical prefix or suffix. An example of a rare prefix is "Herculean" which grants +% Damage and +% Strength. An example of a rare suffix is "of Trickery" which grants +% Attack Speed and +% Chance to Dodge Attacks.

Common Rare / Magical - Common equipment with a rare prefix and magical suffix or magical prefix and rare suffix.

Common Double Rare - Common equipment with a rare prefix and a rare suffix. This of course doesn't happen very often. Double Rare items can be more powerful than some Epic items.

Monster - Some monsters use equipment with art that is specially created to suit them and they drop player-wearable versions of this equipment. Monster equipment is similar to common equipment except that it has unique art and usually slightly better base stats but is not magical.

Monster Magical - This is monster equipment that has recieved a magical prefix, suffix, or both, similar to magical common equipment but with the unique look of monster equipment.

Monster Rare - Similar to a rare common item

Monster Rare / Magical - Similar to a rare / magical common item

Monster Double Rare - Similar to a double rare common item

Monster Infrequent - Every piece of monster equipment has a more powerful version with its own magical stats that drops infrequently.

Monster Infrequent Magical - Infrequent monster equipment with its innate magical properies plus additional magical properties from a magical prefix, suffix, or both.

Monster Infrequent Rare - Yes, you can even get infrequent monster items with rare affixes!

Monster Infrequent Rare / Magical - But wait there's more! This is one step better than Infrequent Rare.

Monster Infrequent Double Rare - OMG! This stuff is very rare and usually pretty awesome. An item like this would be better than many of the unqiues found at its level but good luck finding one!

Epic - Epic items are the first level of rare items with their own unique art and customized magical stats. Epic items are better than all but the best / rarest configurations of randomized equipment.

Legendary - This is the best of the best. Legendary items are like Epic items but with better stats for their level. It is very rare to see a Legendary item until you reach Epic difficulty and even then they are very rare.

Hope this clears things up.

Arthur Bruno
Lead Gameplay Designer

ToiMoi
03-29-2006, 11:57 AM
*left in awe and developing nervous twitches*

WOW..
how many sorts of items can you put in a game :eek:

@ medierra: it clears things up.. a bit.. sort of.. :o lol
@ ~V~: i believe you.. EEK :eek:

Redcell
03-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Now do we know if they are color coded? that would be a helpful thing to know.

J Bone
04-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks for adding the colors Medierra. Guess I need to start training my eyes to notice purple.:o Maybe I will watch a couple Barney shows?:eek: Who am I kidding like I'm gonna find a legendary item.:mad:

...Pops in a Barney tape...

Dragon
07-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Monster Infrequent Double Rare - OMG! This stuff is very rare and usually pretty awesome. An item like this would be better than many of the unqiues found at its level but good luck finding one!

Is this one?

Marine OKeefe
07-01-2006, 11:01 AM
I love how the base items are all Copper-Bronze-Iron and you can tell by looking at its color which one it is.