PDA

View Full Version : Need help with an Evoker build.

Asia Skyly
04-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Hello everyone:

My evoker is my first spellcaster and I would like to stay as close to spellcasting as possible. HOWEVER, I am not against going melee if that is what would maximize the character strengths, but I prefer to stay as a caster.

I am completely clueless as to where to allocate my stat points and my skill points. I have been contributing heavily to intelligence. I use a staff as my primary weapon and my armor class is abysmal :)

As for my skill trees I have added a link for your comments. I thank you in advance for any advice you could lend me.

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Evoker (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Evoker&master1=1&master2=9&m1=26-0-0-0-0-0-2-0-10-0-0-4-0-2-0-2-0-3-0-0-0&m2=26-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-2-0-0-0-0-0-0-4-0-0-0-0-0)

aZiRaFeL
04-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm not an Evoker pro, but you must definately max : Earth Enchantment, Brimstone, Lucid Dream, Temporal Flux (total speed, avoid is always welcome), Core Dweller + Inner Fire + Metamorphosis (leave wildfire on 1, you have much more useful skills to sink points in.) and Volativity.
Notice that Eruption and Volcanic Orb deal also physical damage so they are boosted by Lucid Dream + Brimstone combo.

About stat points : Intelligence boosts elemental damage (fire, cold, lightning, burn damages) and strength boosts Physical damage (that includes the phys damage of Eruption, Volcanic Orb, Distort Reality and Distoration Wave) so its up to you to decide which spells will you use. Remember that the endgame mage-oriented gear requires heavy Int investment (500+), while most of the Str-oriented gear is warrior-oriented.
Check Titan Quest @ GameBanshee (http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanquest/equipment.php) for more info about gear.
Here is a sample build altough it might vary alot depending on gear/playstyle/etc. : TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Evoker (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Evoker&master1=1&master2=9&m1=32-12-0-8-1-0-0-1-16-0-1-8-0-0-0-1-0-0-12-8-12-0&m2=32-1-12-1-0-8-0-0-16-0-0-1-12-1-0-1-6-1-0-8-1-0)

Asia Skyly
04-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Thank you for the comments! :) STR is a confusing subject for me as an evoker. Normally caster builds should shy away from from Str, but in the case of the Evoker, STR seems to play a role/part in a LOT of their spells!

Rose
04-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi there. I LOVE my evoker that I started after finding my ritualist just a bit underpowered. Of course I also built her wrong and went after too much of a support playstyle (maxed healing and buffs), since I always played a priest/healer/cleric and still in the mindset of an MMORPG healer. Now that I am an evoker, I find that plowing through a bunch of mobs to be effortless, and bosses are even incredibly easy.

I started out with earth, went up to Ring of Flame almost immediately after grabbing earth enchantment, maxed both. Things started dying pretty much in 2-4 seconds at this point without my having to do anything. When I got stone form I felt pretty much invincible, though navigating melee as a soft caster without a lot of hitpoints can get hairy sometimes. Still, the evoker is a freaking blast to play.

My current build looks something like this at level 30:

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Evoker (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Evoker&master1=1&master2=9&m1=18-12-0-1-0-12-0-1-1-0-0-0-8-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-0-0-8-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-3-0-0-0)

I forgot to mention that I got lucky and found a blue bracer item (requires strength) around level 20 or so that grants stone form. So I have TWO stone forms at my disposal, without any -recharge items I can still pretty much keep up stone form all the time in boss fights, which means I can stand there invincible while monsters kill themselves on me and my two low level summons do mop up work. It's nothing short of amazing.

As for stats, I haven't put anything into health, and mainly putting all my points into INT, and put enough into STR to be able to wear that item I mentioned. ;) I haven't bothered too much with a shield just yet, mainly wearing a +fire damage staff, stone forming whenever I feel like it (by the time one recharges the other one is ready to go), and charging all the mobs like I'm melee.

I imagine later on I'll have to put more points into STR as I find more items with higher requirements, but the main damage of the evoker build comes from the spells, though adding +STR and +%STR items won't hurt at all, especially since it affects so many earth and dream spells. I thought about putting stat points into +HP, but there are tons of great combination +%STR and +%HP items that I didn't feel like there is any need. I'm a walking ball of destruction, and the faster I destroy, the less I need of that 8+8 seconds of invulnerability... right? :D

This is my planned "end" spec at level 75, if I ever get there (I hope I do):

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Evoker (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Evoker&master1=1&master2=9&m1=32-12-0-8-0-12-0-1-12-0-1-1-8-0-1-12-0-0-12-8-12-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-0-0-8-0-6-12-0-0-0-0-1-1-12-6-0-12-8-12-0-0-0-0-0-0-0)