PDA

View Full Version : Help with rivers/waterfalls

Kahshim
06-30-2006, 01:35 AM
Is there a way to increase the height of a specific point rather than the river itself?

I have a river running down a cliffside (huge cliff like 30ft) its a bit of an avalanche drop but I can't get the waterfall to stick to the heights I wish it to be at, rather it moves all together and its quite annoying.

Any tips other than me making like 20 rivers to get this waterfall to work properly?

----

Another issue I seem to be having is the spawnpoint I placed in my own mod doesn't seem to allow me to walk. Was there something excluded in the tutorial that I didn't know to do?

Buckermann
06-30-2006, 02:58 AM
Another issue I seem to be having is the spawnpoint I placed in my own mod doesn't seem to allow me to walk. Was there something excluded in the tutorial that I didn't know to do?

I had this problem once when I forgot to "Rebuild all pathing".
Can't help with your waterfall though.

Ultrazen
06-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Try this....... For each river that you make or each different height, create a new water type. This will allow you to adjust each section individually..well, most of the time :P Make sure you have the new water type highlighted both in the editor, and on the actuall river you are trying to adjust.

nategrc
07-23-2006, 11:34 PM
there are object "waterfalls": you can place in ur game.