PDA

View Full Version : Interesting neck...

smokes
03-13-2007, 11:31 PM
I found this neck today, not sure if its as good as it seems, so fishing for some opinions.

http://www.parantix.com/tampics/prismneck.jpg

I know it seems not amazing, but consider this isnt a chance to do 14% damage reflect, its just all out 14% damage reflect, all the time. With a sexy relic attached (+20% or more damage or +2 all skills bonus etc) I imagine this could be awesome for some mage class :rockon:

Krazikarl
03-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Damage reflection doesnt actually reduce the damage to you: you take full damage, and whatever hit you takes 14% of whatever it did to you. Since mages should plan on being hit very rarely in legendary, its not the best necklace ever by any means.

Leharic
03-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Not an Immortal Throne specific item. :/
But nice none the less.

smokes
03-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah I had a rethink of the class usage, I don't remember exactly which classes but any class which is half caster half melee, like with an attack skill with +elemental damage would benefit hugely I guess. Also I never said it was the best neck just said it was interesting ;)

It's the first and only item I've ever seen with guaranteed damage reflection, just seemed cool to me :)

And yeah I know its not IT only, just I only played since the start of IT so I'm so used to posting in these forums :o

Krazikarl
03-14-2007, 03:18 AM
Damage reflection isnt a very useful modifier at all. No build plans on getting hit much at high difficulty levels, so no build will want to use it much. I mean, ToE gives you 60% guaranteed reflection, but nobody really cares that much and nobody uses it. The other two properties are nice and all, but by the time you hit level 47, you should really have something better.

pilch
03-15-2007, 08:14 PM
could be interesting coupled with high level trance of empathy, which reflects upwards of 60% damage, so if you have decent resists/armour and don't mind taking a few in the face i'd say it's not a bad choice when nothing better is available ;)

regards,
pilch

mehkra
03-15-2007, 11:00 PM
level 20 trance reflects 85% so it would reach 99% with this necklace :P

However, is the damage reflected calculated before or after the damage is reduced by the players armor value?

Armada
03-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Only way i see a damage reflection build that works is by making a char with insane HP regen like the guy DWing 2 persephone axes. that guy made 1500Hp per sec or something, if he focused on getting 200% damage reflection as well he could walk around and let the mobs die by just hitting him without ever hurting anyone peronally. Now if THAT isnt a mahatma ghandi passifist build i dont know what is :)

Xargon
03-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Hm, btw: is the persephone axe really meant to give +50 health regen instead of +50% health regen? seems pretty strange to me...