PDA

View Full Version : Core Dweller still useless?

faelore
03-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, whats the consensus on the cd in IT?

No matter what I do, monsters constantly attack me and not the core dweller.

God forbid I actually use some of my spells, theres no way he'll take the aggro from me.

I've read a couple threads saying its fixed, or its not fixed.

Any Love for the core dweller? or is time to respec out of it?

much sadness for my poor elementalist. :(

-faelore

Abnil
03-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Right click the core dweller and set his status to Aggressive.

faelore
03-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Right click the core dweller and set his status to Aggressive.

The thing is regardless of if the CD is on agressive, or normal or defensive, as soon as I start damaging the mob or the group of mobs, the CD does not hold the agrro period.

Isn't that how aggro is supposed to work? CD makes them angry while I nuke them to death? seems as soon as I cast a spell the whole mob is right back on me.

blank_blank
03-13-2007, 09:22 PM
yes this is true. i set my wisp to aggressive, and he holds the agro for a while. then comes the CD, they focus on him. if i cast squall. eruption or even 1 shard, they ALL come to me.. hell all I can do is run run until eruption cooldown is done, then I cast eruption then stone form myself.

Infares
03-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Provoke Discovery (http://www.titanquest.net/forums/skills/13680-attn-core-dweller-not-busted-new-post.html)

After finding this out I had Core Dweller tank Talos and he didn't move.

If the act IV enemies don't respond to Provoke that well it may be an AI issue, Provoke works fine as long as you know how to get Core Dweller to cast it.

faelore
03-13-2007, 09:59 PM
That is an awesome find, bravo. I was wondering what triggered provoke :) cheers!

blank_blank
03-14-2007, 03:35 AM
i believe my CD has provoke skill active since he is always on normal behavior, but still the enemies rush me once squall is cast

Infares
03-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Try putting him on Aggressive after he gets provoke on.

Does he have Wildfire for pulling?

clive
03-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Enemys ignore my monster lure most of the time.

moongoose
03-14-2007, 07:30 AM
How can I see, if my pets are aggressive or normal? When I right click on my pet, I see everytime aggressive marked (because it is on the same height).

TQ_Nugnug
03-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Everyone posting about the CD issues should also let folks know how many points they have invested in the CD line, their player lvl, and where they are at in the game. This will greatly impact what the mobs do in my experience. If your nukes are maxed and the CD has a few points thrown at it, look for trouble. This may now be the case, but it helps to analyze things.

pilch
03-14-2007, 09:34 AM
I have very few problems with my core dweller (and liche king). I have D and F bound to selecting pet 1 and 2 respectively, so it's easy to have them walk in front of me when I can't see or if there are monsters.

Also, getting close after the CD looks like it has got enough aggro on the monsters helps immeasurably with earth enchantment and it's upgrades giving him a great boost in power, with deathchill eating life away all the while.

regards,
pilch

hkdick99014
03-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Well, when I first read the topic, I thought it's something like "the damage of CD is WEAK".
But it turns out that somebody cannot play CD well.
CD is definitely a super strong tanker, and also a great killer when using wild fire.

I seldom get hit when I have a CD aside me. The key of doing this is:
ALWAYS STAND BACK FROM THE CD!

How to do this?
Simple. Just Keep hitting "F2", then click you desired location and click again to move your character.

JUST LIKE THIS:
1. Press "f2" so that CD is in use.
2. Click your desired location in order to move the CD.
3. Click your character to move and keep it behind the CD.

By doing this, you can always stand behind your CD.

Hope my method could show you how powerful CD is.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English. Correct me if there are any grammatical mistakes/wrong words used.

Ganymed
03-15-2007, 04:11 AM
Thats a very useful thread.
I almost wanted to give up my conjurer because in IT legendary there is no way to survive since the aggro for pets does no longer work.
A simple crab kills the caster in two hits.

I will try these suggestions with F2 and the right-click mode settings

thanks

blank_blank
03-17-2007, 10:16 AM
i got the tip and most of the time its working, except when facing those crablets that is VERY ANNOYING with all the crits on my elementalist. the key is, whenever you recast him, set him to normal to have him cast provoke, then set him back to aggresive. works for me.. most of the time...

Shadow_azzazen
03-17-2007, 10:45 AM
The agro of my CD works perfect, remember that thr CD agro doesn't steal agro, it just hold it. So if you attack first, you will get the agro, that's why you must stay back until he strikes, but I have never experienced that spells steal the mob agro.