PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Formulae - Where to farm for them?

BlueSky
03-13-2007, 04:30 AM
This thread is for those who finished IT in any mode (Legendary would be great) and now are busy with farming.

Post here where are the most chances to drop Arcane Formulae.

Where do you farm alot and have a good chance to find those precious relics.

Thanks.

Infares
03-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Edit: As I was watching some other posts, I found that Arcane Formulae drops even in Titan Quest vers 1.30. It`s really true?
If the answer is yes, i`ll go back with my 65 lvl char to do some farming.
Waiting for confirmations.

Thanks.

Why should you have to? You know you can go to the Titan Quest areas in Immortal Throne right?

Darth Executor
03-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Doing the sick child quest and getting to the 3 judges in hades both give you one formula each, so you might want to do those quests with all your characters.

BlueSky
03-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Doing the sick child quest and getting to the 3 judges in hades both give you one formula each, so you might want to do those quests with all your characters.

Well I`m a collector kind of man :) and i wanna have them all hehehehe.

@Infares I found that I can play TQ acts from within It, so, i`ll finish legendary mode in IT then go back in those acts to do some farming and cooking some Divine, Greater, Lesser Artifacts :P

Kardiophylax
03-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Well, in my relatively few runs of Epic Typhon, he has dropped a lot of formulas. May want to try epic/legendary Typhon.

Orrus
03-13-2007, 02:28 PM
3 low level formulas in 3 Egypt Telkine runs on normal difficulty last night. Prolly just luck, but he might be a good one to farm for lev 20 or below formulas.

Whisk33
03-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Edit: As I was watching some other posts, I found that Arcane Formulae drops even in Titan Quest vers 1.30. It`s really true?
If the answer is yes, i`ll go back with my 65 lvl char to do some farming.
Waiting for confirmations.

Thanks.

Fairly sure this is not true. There is no place to equip the items in 1.3 and there is no caravan or enchanters. You can have AF drop in any act 1 2 3 4 or 5 but you can not have AF drop in titan quest. Only in IT.

BlueSky
03-14-2007, 02:26 AM
Fairly sure this is not true. There is no place to equip the items in 1.3 and there is no caravan or enchanters. You can have AF drop in any act 1 2 3 4 or 5 but you can not have AF drop in titan quest. Only in IT.

Yeap I figured that out.

Another question though, how we activate the Olympus Portal?

Or its not posible?

Terca
03-14-2007, 03:01 AM
Yeap I figured that out.

Another question though, how we activate the Olympus Portal?

Or its not posible?

Not possible, too bad though :(

Minervian
03-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Hi All,

I gather from searching around topics on artifacts (specifically lesser ones) that they can be found as early as from Normal Act 1 Telkine, i.e Megalosios.

My question now is: can lesser artifact formulae be found earlier than that? Say on the way to Knossos? What is the earliest point at which lesser artifacts may be found?

bman654
03-22-2007, 01:42 AM
I found 2 arcane formula before I even reached Sparta - Normal. Both were for Deathrattle lol.
By the time I had finished Act-1 I had found 2 more arcane formula - Shroud of Eternal Night and Molten Orb. The shroud was the only one that I could acquire all the ingredients for within the 1st act. The other 2 required charms that don't appear until Act-2. Which is fine b/c the Shroud is the best of the bunch for my Harbringer.

So you can definately find formulae as early as the very beginning of Act-1.

BlueSky
03-22-2007, 02:11 AM
I found 2 arcane formula before I even reached Sparta - Normal. Both were for Deathrattle lol.
By the time I had finished Act-1 I had found 2 more arcane formula - Shroud of Eternal Night and Molten Orb. The shroud was the only one that I could acquire all the ingredients for within the 1st act. The other 2 required charms that don't appear until Act-2. Which is fine b/c the Shroud is the best of the bunch for my Harbringer.

So you can definately find formulae as early as the very beginning of Act-1.

I did some heavy farming in the last days, most of all on Typhon (normal, epic and legendary) They gave me most of the formulaes I found. I`m interested now for lesser Artifacts because I`ve opened a thread with a guide about lesser artifacts. Check it here http://www.titanquest.net/forums/immortal-throne-spoilers/14085-lesser-artifacts-guide-screenshots.html

Batman
03-22-2007, 04:11 AM
Yup, I got Skyfire Pendant before I reached Tegea on Normal.
Posted a pic on my Seer's Journey (http://www.titanquest.net/forums/dream/13746-seers-journey-picture-heavy.html#post123597) thread.

Minervian
03-22-2007, 04:31 AM
Ah, thanks a lot for the info, guys! Now I can continue playing in normal act 1 with hope! :)

Dude_TQ_kiks noodles
03-22-2007, 01:23 PM
ive gotten 2 of them from the chest next to the cyclops that destroyed the bridge to athens i cant remember his name but ya

DirtySanchez
03-22-2007, 01:32 PM
I got my first lesser formula just outside of Helios.

Trisse
03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
I got Shroud of Eternal Night from Nessus chest (but had to wait till Rhakotis for venom sac). Another Shroud formula dropped somewhere in Old Eleusis.

So yes, they can drop pretty early on.

Dude_TQ_kiks noodles
03-22-2007, 04:46 PM
i got the chaos cube and the molten orb this morning after i posted this lol

greatcthulhu
03-22-2007, 05:04 PM
I farm the overlord's passage. need 6 more formulae to get them all: dragontongue, lioheart, soul shiver, amber flask, thoth's glory, andmarduk's tablet 2 normals, 2 epics, and two legendaries. I had soul shiver, amber flash, and dragon tongue, but i used them to make aftifacts. The only one's i've never seen are lionheart, thoth's glory, and marduk's tablet.

big_orneau
03-23-2007, 09:59 AM
I farm normal typhon and act 2 telkine with no luck :/
Any ideas?

CheeseThief
03-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Wheres a good place to dig up the runes for these things? Random runs or do they drop more so in certain places, like the monster charms?

DirtySanchez
03-23-2007, 04:10 PM
There's a sticky at the top of the page that deals specifically with that.

Toab05
03-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Besides quest rewards in IT I have found that they drop fairly frequently off of Typhon, in either normal or legendary.

Calienon
03-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Must be nice to get Formulae early. I didn't get my first one, until I'd played my new character all the way into IT :( Then they seemed to start coming from everywhere at once :)

griid
03-25-2007, 02:59 AM
yes they can find earlier than that i found 1 after i killed the boss satyr in the first quest.

BlueSky
03-27-2007, 03:21 AM
After some 30 runs on the last Telkine, on Wussao Mountain, in the Typhon Prison, I could make a conclusion: if you have patience the last Telkine can be verry rewarding with Arcane Formulae (lesser, greater).

In about 30 runs, it droped around 8-10 formulae`s, maybe more. So, patience, and a lot of farming.

Edit: This post is also in the sticky post here http://www.titanquest.net/forums/immortal-throne-spoilers/14098-relic-charm-farming-2-0-a.html

Sorry for double post, but I think it could probably serve best in here too.

So, here are the all Arcane Formulae, categorized by level and dificulty mode, so you will now where to farm for them (Normal, Epic and Legendary)

Lesser Formulae in Normal Mode

Deathrattle - Lvl 5
Molten Orb - Lvl 5
Scroll of Oneiros - Lvl 5
Wraith Gurad - Lvl 5
Amber Flask - Lvl 10
Pale Moon - Lvl 10
Shroud of Eternal Night - Lvl 10
Star Heart - Lvl 10
Chaos Cube - Lvl 15
Leafsong - Lvl 15
Skyfire Pendant - Lvl 15
Touch of the Fool - Lvl 15
Cinderbolt - Lvl 20
Razor Claw - Lvl 20
Song of the Serpent - Lvl 20
Soul Shiver - Lvl 20
Bloodrage - Lvl 25
Crystal Tear - Lvl 25
Sunstone - Lvl 25

Lesser Formulae in Epic Mode

Dark Core - Lvl 35
Earthen Tallisman - Lvl 35
Emerald Quill - Lvl 35
Jade Idol - Lvl 35
Phylactery of Shadows - Lvl 35
Spirit Blight - Lvl 35
Ebony Globe - Lvl 40
Nexus of Insanity - Lvl 40
Raven`s Shadow - Lvl 40
Summoner`s Tottem - Lvl 40
Tome of Transfiguration - Lvl 40

Lesser Formulae in Legendary Mode

Effigy of the Panther - Lvl 45
Etheral Veil - Lvl 45
Maiden`s Kiss - Lvl 45
Silver Heart - Lvl 45
Thunderfist - Lvl 45
Tongue of Flame - Lvl 45

================================================== ========

Greater Formulae in Normal Mode

Book of Dreams - Lvl 25
Druidic Wreath - Lvl 25
Soul Prism - Lvl 25
Eye of Heavens - Lvl 30
Fury of the Ages - Lvl 30
Shadow Veil - Lvl 30

Greater Formulae in Epic Mode

Dragontongue - Lvl 35
Effigy of Skyfire - Lvl 35
Kingslayer - Lvl 35
Lion Heart - Lvl 35
Sphere of Eternity - Lvl 35
Blood Gem - Lvl 40
Crimson Viper - Lvl 40
Final Breath - Lvl 40
Hand of Gaia - Lvl 40
Hearth of Earth - Lvl 40

Greater Formulae in Legendary Mode

Arcane Mirror - Lvl 45
Conqueror`s Mark - Lvl 45
Elemental Rage - Lvl 45
Glorybringer - Lvl 45
Symbol of the Polymath - Lvl 45
Tyrant`s Fist - Lvl 45

================================================== ==============

Divine Formulae in Epic Mode

Blood of Ares - Lvl 50
Crescent Moon of Artemis - Lvl 50
Crosier of Osiris - Lvl 50
Demeter`s Bounty - Lvl 50
Knot of Isis - Lvl 50
Might of Hephaestus - Lvl 50
Poseidon`s Net - Lvl 50

Divine Formulae in Legendary Mode

Eye of Ra - Lvl 55
Golden Eye of Sun Wukong - Lvl 55
Ikon of Zeus - Lvl 55
Lyre of Apollo - Lvl 55
Marduk`s Tables of Destiny - Lvl 55
Morpheus Dreamweb - Lvl 55
Sigil of Bast - Lvl 55
Star of Ishtar - Lvl 55
Talisman of the Jade Emperor - Lvl 55
Thot`s Glory - Lvl 55

Enjoy!

Battleseed
03-27-2007, 11:29 PM
@Bluesky
Nice level breakdown on the artifacts. Now if Lucifer uses that for his spreadsheet here
http://tqpackrat.byethost7.com/XMLFile.xml that would leave maybe only the special effects descriptions to make it complete.

BlueSky
03-28-2007, 01:06 AM
@Bluesky
Nice level breakdown on the artifacts. Now if Lucifer uses that for his spreadsheet here
http://tqpackrat.byethost7.com/XMLFile.xml that would leave maybe only the special effects descriptions to make it complete.

I saw the list Lucifer has made. If it finds this list interesting in some way, he can used fine.

Now, I have some problems in finding the first four Lesser Arcane Formulae:
Deathrattle - Lvl 5
Molten Orb - Lvl 5
Wraith Gurad - Lvl 5

It seems that bosses don`t drop them. I did some farming on first Telkine in Minoan Labirynt with no luck at all.
Anyone could give me a tip where to point my attention?

Battleseed
03-28-2007, 01:43 AM
With a new char, I found the Wraith Guard in the cave that you do the quest for the Dowry Necklace. Molton Orb came from the Centaur boss (or one of his chests) after the Spartan camp.

snatcha
03-28-2007, 07:54 AM
I saw the list Lucifer has made. If it finds this list interesting in some way, he can used fine.

Deathrattle - Lvl 5
Molten Orb - Lvl 5
Wraith Gurad - Lvl 5

It seems that bosses don`t drop them. I did some farming on first Telkine in Minoan Labirynt with no luck at all.

These are exactly 4 Formulae which I got (except for Quest Completion) - All of them found in Normal Egypt and Greece while trying to farm some relics :)

big_orneau
03-29-2007, 05:41 AM
After some 30 runs on the last Telkine, on Wussao Mountain, in the Typhon Prison, I could make a conclusion: if you have patience the last Telkine can be verry rewarding with Arcane Formulae (lesser, greater).

one question..
have you found Razor Claw in normal with the last telkine ? I need it baadly !!

BlueSky
03-29-2007, 05:47 AM
one question..
have you found Razor Claw in normal with the last telkine ? I need it baadly !!

Well, Razor Claw I think I found it when I farmed Typon in normal mode. But, try farming Telkine Act 3 too.

griid
04-04-2007, 08:30 AM
had you ever saw the letters???? like letter to mummy..

BlueSky
04-04-2007, 08:36 AM
had you ever saw the letters???? like letter to mummy..

This post is about arcane formulae, not about Easter Eggs (i.g letters).

There is a thread that cover that. Go search it this section of Immortal Throne Spoilers. Hard to miss.

Enjoy!

Minervian
04-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Bluesky - if it helps, I got a Scroll of Oneiros from normal Typhon.

blue_orneau, I got one Razor Claw off of a Jackalman in normal egypt. :)

Normal Typhon really is indeed a good source so far.

Alphidius
04-05-2007, 01:39 AM
I got a Razor Claw formula in Normal Egypt too!
It was from a Scorpios in Sandswept cave though.
Hmm... coincidence or is there some kind of pattern? :neutral:

Runefang
04-10-2007, 07:39 PM

Deathrattle - Lvl 5
Molten Orb - Lvl 5
Wraith Gurad - Lvl 5

Not sure if you're still looking for them but if you are try farming nessus, cyclops and the spider queen. I farmed them quite a few times in order to get my wraithguard. As they are the lowest level formulae I don't think the greek telkine can drop them, at least he has never done so for me, he always drops the lv10-15 ones when I farm him.

Can anybody tell me where their phylactery of shadows dropped from? I farmed epic greece and I got all the other lesser lv35 forumlae several times over but never that one. My warden is just gone to epic egypt now so maybe I'll have better luck there.

kirloyw
02-21-2009, 08:50 AM
здравствуйте

нужны игры, кто знает, где бы найти игры на Psp ?

killerpink
02-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Not sure if patterns are likely in TQIT, but while leveling up in the Athens battlegrounds just before the ransacked village on Legendary several times I found the same artifacts of Tyrants Fist and Thunderfist both from the Boarman at least 3 or 4 times each.

Negator_UK
02-27-2011, 05:56 AM
The only pattern I have noticed is that you often get the same formula dropped twice in a row.

It has gotten to the stage that I skip the act4 optional quests that give formulae until I find a good one during normal adventuring. I still do the judges on cue to move forwards and I sometimes do the sick child as well, but the torchlighters gauntlet often gets done after I've killed Hades and ransacked his treasury... ;)