PDA

View Full Version : Character attributes (question)

notepad
03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know of a good guide concerning what some good numbers are for character attributes? I've been looking (both forums and Google) and am surprisingly not finding anything handy (perhaps it is buried in the high number of irrelevant hits I'm getting. :( )

Some of the primary things I'm concerned with:
--Is there a cap on attributes? If so, what is the cap?
--Is there a point after which the gain from attributes starts lowering out? What I mean is, in a lot of games, you can raise something, but after you start raising it very high, the percentage gain you get from each further point you raise it starts lowering. Some kind of diminishing returns.
--Is there perhaps a chart with rough approximations of what your attributes should be compared with your level? Ie, for a caster, int should be X at Y level.

I'm trying to avoid gimping a character too much, but sometimes can't decide whether it is better on level-up to put one point in health, energy, or a secondary attribute. :o

Infares
03-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I like your approach, but in Titan Quest, here's a few things of note:

In Immortal Throne, we probably haven't found all of the uniques, so we just don't really know how high any particular stat must be to equip everything based on it;
There's no limit to how high you can jack an attribute point, and there are no diminishing returns except on the math involved with skill point allocation;
Melee (and to a lesser extent, casters) generally only take as much dex as necessary to use the weapons they desire, Spears/Bows and Swords requiring more dex, axes and maces requiring the least. Some armor requires dex (like those built for Rogues and Hunters) some require a lot of Int and some dex (caster gear) and the rest is generally pure strength (for pure melee);
For mace wielders, 3/1 strength to dex is probably fine, for rogues and hunters 1/1 strength/dex is optimal until you get enough Dex to use the best weapons desired, then pump the rest into strength;
Casters usually benefit the most from increasing only Intelligence but there may come a point when the bonuses to your attributes given by your Mastery Ascension (mouse over the big + sign at the lower left corner of your skill tree) don't give you enough dex to wear the best caster-based gear, so then you may have to support your Dex with some attribute points;
Points spent in the Dream Mastery don't increase Dex at all so you'll have to contribute to Dex via attribute points earlier than you would otherwise.

Hope you found that informative. ^^b

notepad
03-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks a lot with the reply; that should help give me a feel.

While searching for other information on these boards, I've found a lot of useful information in your posts. I'm sure it has helped plenty of people :)

Infares
03-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks a lot with the reply; that should help give me a feel.

While searching for other information on these boards, I've found a lot of useful information in your posts. I'm sure it has helped plenty of people :)

Lol thank you very much for the kind words. I like to think so, obviously, but that's just because I post so much I hate the idea that I might be filling the boards with inane BS so I try to be at least useful, heh. :rockon:

lothos
03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
notepad, I'm in much the same boat as you. It's not so bad with my assassin and other melee characters, but my summoner is level 35 now and has over 500 int presently equipped and barely over 100 str and dex. I am starting to see caster gear that requires more dex than I have right now and some str based gear is also nice looking. In a perfect world I would think you find out what you want to wear in the end game and aim for the stats to wear it. I just don't know what gear I want :)

Metz
03-19-2007, 09:11 PM
What is the maximum number of attribute pts you gain throughout the game? I read somewhere that it was 146, but I can't figure out where they all come from. I know 128 from leveling, and 12 from side quest, but what about the remaining 6?