PDA

View Full Version : Is it me?

lothos
03-12-2007, 07:39 AM
I finally got my copy of IT Saturday and got a chance yesterday to play. Now, first off I am playing with my assassin which had been doing quite well with 3-4 people in a game prior to and was up around 350 base dps pwning stuff rather nicely. I get to act 4 and at first was playing alone a bit and it was noticeably harder, but then when folks joined in I was like dying every 5 minutes. The mobs dmg output was so HUGE that I would take on average 300-400 per hit and 1k crits. Bear in mind I haven't been playing for very long, maybe a week now, and have yet to do anything beyond normal difficulty. I took this as a queue to go play some epic and farm items before trying again, but is this right? Should I really have to go to epic to get gear to finish act 4 normal?

MR2_Pilot
03-12-2007, 07:50 AM
It's not just about DPS, you also need good resists and armor.

Hades Normal is similar to what Epic Greece was in TQ.

lothos
03-12-2007, 07:58 AM
I figured as much when I'd get flamed in the obsidian caves :) I'm working strength up probably to get it to 400 for some better armor choices. Nothing's been coming my way sadly yet. My resists are way negative for alot of stuff too in epic.

MR2_Pilot
03-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Before IT came out, when I had a lot of time to experiment, I tried a few different set ups for my level 65 characters.

The out fitting which worked the best all around, was high resists, not high armor or DPS.

With high resists, I could walk through almost any mob. It took a few more hits, a little more work to kill the beasties, but it was almost impossible for them to kill me.

Now the only spot which gives me troubles is the Overlords Passage in Hades on Legendary, where Toxus and Nate roam. Toxus killed me once and Nate four times, before I got rid of them.

My characters are not all buffed out using hacks, their stats are good but not great, but with the high resists, they can roam the maps freely.

lothos
03-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Mainly what I had been looking for in armor and stuff had always been +'s to off/def ability, stats, regen, etc... and not really resists. I'll have to do that now.

Evil666
03-12-2007, 01:04 PM
The Demons really hurt in IT. I die a lot more in the add-on then in the original game. Get some resistance to Vitality dmg and percing dmg help me a lot. I had a Demon Blood relic to one of my jewelry for +50% dmg to Demon too !

lothos
03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, thats the weird thing. My pierce and poison resists are quite good I think. About 80% if I'm not mistaken in normal. Vitality is at 33% last I looked. I thought I simply sucked in armor. I'm having a blast though doing parnassus runs for some better gear. Unbelievable how horrid your gear can be from normal difficulty.

Infares
03-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah, it's kinda staggering when you work so hard to gear yourself in Normal and then show up in Epic and are like "wtf **** in the shop is better than what I worked for".

lothos
03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
yep, replaced a blue weapon with a yellow from the store that was 100 times better. sad :(