PDA

View Full Version : Are "Damage converted to health" and "Life Leech" related?

Ganymed
03-12-2007, 06:38 AM
hello,

playing yesterday I was wondering about these feature and how they may work together (or not).
My lev56 ranger is using a green bow with 15% dmg converted to health and enhanced with a legendary relic for attack speed +30% and +25%. I wear an purple amulet with 19% dmg converted to health. average dmg dealt is about 2000. the "death mask of agamemnon"(purple) adds +70% life leech.

question: has that influence on the "dmg converted to health" feature and may enhance it or not?

thanks

Bene Gesserit
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
life leech is affected by life leech resistance (undead FTL)

dmg converted to health does not drain health, it simply awards you health based on the amount of dmg you deal, so it does no add'l dmg on its own, but it also doesn't have to go through a resistance roll

Infares
03-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Life Leech resist is now the same as Vitality resistance as far as I know, it was separate but if the two are still given by different items they probably both increase your base Vit res.

I don't think DMG->Hp works on undead, probably under the premise that they don't have "health" in the same way a boar or centaur has "health".

sadyc
03-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't think DMG->Hp works on undead, probably under the premise that they don't have "health" in the same way a boar or centaur has "health".
My feeling is that it works if you lower their vitality resistance.
I, for sure, get life back from undead, but I don't know if it's from DMG->Hp or from life leech.

--sadyc

Sin317
03-13-2007, 02:17 PM
you can't leech life of a undead or a device. You cant stun a device. Lifeleech, vitality and bleed damage are all same resistance (blood drop) , but there are also "reduce" length of leech/bleed duration , like 50% reduced would cut lifeleech/bleed duration in half, i guess.

Bene Gesserit
03-13-2007, 02:39 PM
dmg->hp always seems to work for me. I'm pretty sure it's simply based on the dmg, which in itself it not an entity that has resistances (it's just damage dealt, doesn't require interaction with the mob, once dmg is dealt the conversion begins, looking only at the dmg that was dealt)