PDA

View Full Version : TQ 1.3 Loot / Drop observations (no IT installed)

Minervian
03-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I am playing TQ 1.3. I do not have IT cos it's not released yet in Singapore(!!).

Over the weekend, since installing patch 1.3 on Thursday, these are my observations and speculations, some of which may be coincidence rather than fact so take it with a pinch of salt:

1) Drop rates have improved, esp. from (certain?) boss majestic chests. This ties in with what was announced in http://www.titanquest.net/forums/developer-digest/13201-tq-patch-1-3-live.html#post117987 - "Increased the unique item drop rate on boss chests on both first encounters and subsequent playthroughs"

2) You can now find high level epic items even in legendary difficulty with a very high-level (60+) character. I've been seeing stuff I've never had the luck to find/see before.

2a) So, for me, one of the most eyebrow-raising things about 1.30 TQ is that now, high-level epic sets seem easier to complete. I got Hunter's Hood, Warrior's Bracers and Pyromancer's Bracelet within a few hours of installing TQ 1.3 patch - stuff which i've never seen before and whose other related items I rarely see.

3) You can also get low-level legendary items with high-level characters.

In short - you can now find a large range of items, whereas in the old system, as you leveled up, items much lower than your character become "unfindable" as they pass out of your "range".

Please see: http://www.titanquest.net/forums/suggestions-developers/11295-allowance-blue-drops-high-levels.html

4) I notice more greens now, in sepulchers, chests, bone piles, monsters...

5) Some greens seem to appear earlier and/or more often now. Eg. Kingly - in shops. I encountered Kingly helms in epic Greece shops more than before.

6) Generally, drops are more consistent. There used to be days when you get nothing but crap, and days when you get a unique item every other map - now I get the sense that all sorts of items occur quite consistently, in a "balanced" manner.

Infares
03-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Awesome :D

I wonder if you're going to go back and grind some Pythians now that you're not necessarily going to get 9038403808340 Griefmakers?

Minervian
03-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Hahaha, yeah my spellbinder found our 9th Griefmaker on Saturday.... and nah, i'm done with the Pythian Caves, don't want to see another Gorgon for an eon or two! lol. Trying to get my characters to finish normal/epic/legendary so I can pass into IT the moment it arrives.