PDA

View Full Version : Unique Item Questions

hunter0killah
03-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I have noticed some unique items are called legendary items, and some are called epic items. What i've been wondering is, can you only get epic items if you you're playing on epic difficaulty? And do lengendary items only show up in legendary difficaulty?

Infares
03-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Not true. Epic Items are Blue colored and are the same type/class of items as Legendaries (purple), only Legendaries tend to be more powerful and higher level.

The appearance of both is tied strictly to your character's level, epics can appear in all 3 difficulties whereas legendaries tend to start appearing in Epic through Legendary.

ELFNEEDSFOODBADLY
03-11-2007, 11:30 PM
The appearance of both is tied strictly to your character's level, epics can appear in all 3 difficulties whereas legendaries tend to start appearing in Epic through Legendary.

I am a bit confused, how does your level have anything to do with Legendary drops? So if you are playing in Epic, you have to be a certain level before you will see Legendary drops?

Just wondering.

hunter0killah
03-11-2007, 11:35 PM
The level of the drops should have something to do with the level of your character. ;)

So legendary items are only found in epic-legendary difficaulties?

Minervian
03-12-2007, 12:08 AM
You need to be high level before you can find high level epic and eventually legendary items. If you are low level, you can't qualify to find them. You may find lower-level items.

Infares
03-12-2007, 12:10 AM
I am a bit confused, how does your level have anything to do with Legendary drops? So if you are playing in Epic, you have to be a certain level before you will see Legendary drops?

Just wondering.

You and hunter0killah are both correct. The loot tables in the game are linked to your character level and for monsters, whether or not they can spawn with it equipped.

Chests only care about your level.

ELFNEEDSFOODBADLY
03-12-2007, 12:28 AM
So am I better off using in my character in a multiplayer game, then transporting them back to a single player campaign? Then, with his level buffed, he will find better items quicker?(through chests)?

Also, do my stats have anything to do with drops or just the level?

hunter0killah
03-12-2007, 12:32 AM
What level should you expect Legendaries?

Infares
03-12-2007, 01:01 AM
You get more drops in Multi anyways compared to 1p.

In 1.20 you could expect to find a Legendary at around level ~40, although that seems to be lowered somewhat.

Characters in their late 30s may be able to find legendaries now, although you probably should still be in Epic difficulty to get them until you're higher level. I guess even a level 60 character can get Legendaries in Normal (at least in 1.20) so the difficulty level isn't as important as your level, but I think it does play some part.

Lillis
03-12-2007, 05:46 AM
You can actually get Legendary items off of Typhon in normal, provided you're high enough in levels.

Terca
03-12-2007, 05:49 AM
I got my first legendary of third telkine in normal.

Infares
03-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Holy **** what level?

Terca
03-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Holy **** what level?

All I can say is that it was sub 30, think 29. If thats impossible please correct me :)

froen55792
03-12-2007, 09:24 AM
I got my first (and so far only) legendary item at level 38 in Epic Egypt. The item was a sword that required level 37 or better iirc. I'm definitely using it and still level 38. My weakest char is my original one, a battlemage. She finally beat Typhon in normal at level 37 (took a long time on the steps, and needed lots of volcanic orbs to even be able to get to the steps). She finally nails Typhon yet may never finish normal since I broke down and purchased IT. She is very outclassed in the world of act IV normal and dies a lot. Hadnt actually realized that she wouldnt be unlocking epic difficulty (though I should have). She actually got 2 low level (22 and 24) blues from Typhon's bubble). All in all, I have 4 chars in Epic, but my battlemage likely wont make it there (she is primarily melee, but therein lies the dilemma - she can get either STR or INT high enough, but to max STR via rings, necklaces, equip means the INT isnt there for her staffs, and this works the opposite way exactly the same. My Oracle is level 31 with Health points of approximately 1400 + and her STR is like 125 so she likely will never make it to Epic either. I enjoy playing TQ, but am old and slow...and clumsy

hunter0killah
03-12-2007, 09:26 AM
What color is legendary?

Terca
03-12-2007, 09:27 AM
What color is legendary?

Legendary - Epic

hunter0killah
03-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Ah i've only seen Gray-Yellow-Green-Blue.

ELFNEEDSFOODBADLY
03-13-2007, 08:23 AM
When you complete the game in normal can you transfer your equipment over to legendary? Do your skills or extra pouches stay with you? Or do you start from scratch just at a higher difficulty. I had a Thane for my first character except I placed my skills in the wrong places. After messing around for a few days I started over and now have a Brigand who is doing much better.

BadBreath
03-13-2007, 08:46 AM
yup you carry everything over. I wouldn't like to go up against the legendary crows with a dagger again.

BB

Terca
03-13-2007, 07:32 PM
When you complete the game in normal can you transfer your equipment over to legendary? Do your skills or extra pouches stay with you? Or do you start from scratch just at a higher difficulty. I had a Thane for my first character except I placed my skills in the wrong places. After messing around for a few days I started over and now have a Brigand who is doing much better.

Your character stays as is when you complete a diffycult, remember that there are 3, Normal - Epic - Legendary, and you proceed in that order.

Infares
03-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Using Defiler to mod my drop rate I got two Legendaries at level 34 in Epic Greece.