PDA

View Full Version : Importing characters from TQ to TQ:IT

Fumigator
03-11-2007, 07:48 PM
As soon as I installed IT my characters were imported. But then I played normal TQ for a while with my wife who does not have IT installed on her machine yet. Now, when I bring up that character in IT, it is an "old" character-- I'm not seeing all the progress we made in normal TQ when I bring up that character in IT.

So how would I go about importing that character to IT again?

Darth Executor
03-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Once you import it IT makes a copy of the old character, so playing it in TQ will change nothing in the IT copy. In other words yes, you have to import it again.

Fumigator
03-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I was about to post asking "how the heck do you import again but then I noticed the little "import" button below my character.. :D

nzone
03-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I just copy the folder of the character's name from TQ into IT.
Use the import; I lost all main/side quests. Even re-run to get those quests; the next time the game start....those new quests weren't saved from the previous game play.

Fumigator
03-12-2007, 02:18 AM
I didn't have that problem, the import worked fine for me.

CorwinB
03-12-2007, 03:02 AM
There is a bug with importing characters if you run Windows Vista, where you get your character, but all your quests are gone. You have to manually copy the World Map folder from your TQ character folder to your TQIT character folder to get your quests back.

Fumigator
03-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Ah I see... I wasn't aware anyone was actually downgrading to Vista...

(Allow or deny insult of Vista? ...Allow....)

nzone
03-13-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm proud to run Vista. I'm bragging and trolling again: no lag; no freeze; no stutter

;)

MR2_Pilot
03-13-2007, 07:34 AM
IMO, just like IT, Vista needs a few patches!

Infares
03-13-2007, 10:20 AM
IMO, just like IT, Vista needs a few patches!

I think we were spoiled by 1.20.

Now we're back to a brand new version that needs some work, it took 3-4 months to get 1.20 rolled out so we can probably expect IT's problems to be worked out before summer.

newfgamer
03-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Ah I see... I wasn't aware anyone was actually downgrading to Vista...

(Allow or deny insult of Vista? ...Allow....)

Downgrading? I bet your the type of ignorant bafoon who says that and hasn't even used it. You need some education bro, Vista is what XP should have been years ago, it is much better. The only knock on it has nothing to do with MS, just early so thrid party support is still catching up.

Vista is not buggy at all. it isn't MS's fault nvidia, creative and others are to slow making drivers when Vista was in beta for so long. Name one bug that Vista has?

Fumigator
03-17-2007, 01:31 PM
I am an ignorant bafoon, how did you know?

And you must be Mr. Gate's bastard child? :p

(Deny insult or allow? ...allow...)

SoulSeekkor
03-17-2007, 02:21 PM
With a name like that, who'd guess...but seriously, Vista is a huge step forward, and not even close to downgrading. The pure cosmetics are awesome, but the architexture has changed to separate directx from Windows so that your games run better, and if something (like a game) crashes, it won't take Windows with it. Not to mention that Windows finally uses your graphics card power along with your processor to make it much more appealing (and faster).

I tried the RC, and it was a hell of alot better than anything else, think before you speak.

Mivo
03-17-2007, 05:29 PM
The "issue" with Vista that people may run into is that it has higher system requirements. XP works fine with 1 GB of RAM and you can still play (most) games comfortably on that configuration. For Vista, gamers will want at least 2 GB of RAM, and that isn't really standard yet. Another aspect is that most game developers are not currently supporting Vista, not even Blizzard and their hugely successful World of Warcraft (they explicitly stated that).

Personally, I see no need to switch my gaming machine to Vista. It works fine with XP and it runs stably. When I get a new machine, possibly end of the year or early next, I will probably pick up Vista along with it. Before that, I see no need to change a winning team or bother with the hassles of upgrading.

Anyway, discussion is fine - just please let's cut out the name calling, please. :)