PDA

View Full Version : Question about % to happen abilities...

TastelessRamen
03-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Okay, so my defender has a bunch of different abilities that have a % to occur.

I am wondering how exactly this system works. Let's say I have two abilities, A has a 15% chance to occur and B has a 25% chance to occur...

So every time I attack, I have a 15% chance of proccing A, and a 25% chance to proc B.

So, does it work like this:

I attack:

A rolls to happen, and triggers.

B rolls to happen, and triggers.

My attack carries effects A and B.

OR

I attack:

B never rolls to happen, because A triggered.

My attack carries effect A.

In other words... how does the proccing stack, can multiple abilities proc at once, and if not, how do they override eachother (which one actiives first?)

Darth Executor
03-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Okay, so my defender has a bunch of different abilities that have a % to occur.

I am wondering how exactly this system works. Let's say I have two abilities, A has a 15% chance to occur and B has a 25% chance to occur...

So every time I attack, I have a 15% chance of proccing A, and a 25% chance to proc B.

So, does it work like this:

I attack:

B rolls to happen, and triggers.

My attack carries effects A and B.

OR

I attack:

B never rolls to happen, because A triggered.

My attack carries effect A.

In other words... how does the proccing stack, can multiple abilities proc at once, and if not, how do they override eachother (which one actiives first?)

If you're referring to shield attacks, they each have a % to trigger. If one triggers, the other ones don't. My guess is that the computer randomly picks a number between 1 and 100, and depending on how many skill points you have in each shield attack skill, the number that is rolled will determine which one is ruled (if any).