PDA

View Full Version : Overkill on the EasterEggs

Howie
03-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I like easter eggs as much as everyone else, but the amount in IM is out of hand. Santa outfits, Hat with Pipe, snowballs, Forms with strange stories.

There is just to many, and especially the outfits annoy me the most, the artist spent all this time making these and the tester spent no time finding all these bugs that keep popping up.

Neverwinter27
03-11-2007, 06:42 PM
100% agree.

Wingman
03-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Those santa outfits are actually in the game?

Please tell me there's a way to disable them?:(

Darth Executor
03-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Yeah: stay away from the overlord passage.

Wingman
03-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Ah man, that sucks.

With all these things in the game detracting from the whole ancient-world "feel"... I don't know if I want to get IT.

MR2_Pilot
03-11-2007, 07:43 PM
I've been through that passage 20+ times and never got an Easter Egg or funky outfit.

I feel slighted! :D

Asmodeous
03-11-2007, 11:48 PM
hUH?

santa outfits? Snowball's?

I have been coming across a couple of these notes here and there but nothing like that.

Sounds like people at Iron lore have been playing too much fallout!

Mardagg
03-12-2007, 02:17 AM
I personally enjoy the easter eggs.. In 46 levels since starting a fresh character I've only come across two of the note ones.

Batman
03-12-2007, 03:57 AM
You can't please all the people all the time.......................

ward_rb
03-12-2007, 08:06 AM
personally, i dont see why anyone is complaining about this stuff. theyre easter eggs, you dont need them. if you dont want them, either sell them or dont even pick them up. i think its awesome the devs are showing their sense of humor...all we got in the original game were hints of the overlord and some item names that had references in them.

Howie
03-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Well it sort of ruin's the game login onto an online game to see a character running around in a Santa outfit while playing a game based on Ancient Greece.

tim
03-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Cant be anywhere near as bad as the original Dungeon Siege game with the chicken gun weapon and chicken orb skill. The chicken gun actually launched chickens at the enemies and the chicken orb spell would cast a magical chicken that flew around you and shot eggs at enemies within range. There was also a magical pimp outfit you could find, complete with purple pimp hat with a big feather.

Guild Wars has stuff like that too but only at certain seasons. They have giant candy canes sticking out of the ground in towns and stuff flike that.

Syvere
03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Well it sort of ruin's the game login onto an online game to see a character running around in a Santa outfit while playing a game based on Ancient Greece.

Seems to me like you're taking the game way too seriously.

mlugia
03-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Cant be anywhere near as bad as the original Dungeon Siege game with the chicken gun weapon and chicken orb skill. The chicken gun actually launched chickens at the enemies and the chicken orb spell would cast a magical chicken that flew around you and shot eggs at enemies within range. There was also a magical pimp outfit you could find, complete with purple pimp hat with a big feather.

Guild Wars has stuff like that too but only at certain seasons. They have giant candy canes sticking out of the ground in towns and stuff flike that.

Fable actually had a Pimp's hat :D

Neverwinter27
03-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Machine guns and Shotguns would make great easter egg weapons too...

Diernes
03-12-2007, 06:08 PM
pretty ridiculous complaint really.... I can almost gaurantee the people responsible for these "easter eggs" are completely different from the team that does bug testing...

Seriously, if you dont like them no one is forcing you to use them ......

get a grip.

MR2_Pilot
03-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Machine guns and Shotguns would make great easter egg weapons too...

& multi-round grenade launchers! :D

Asmodeous
03-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I wonder if they will release an unlock code number on easter day that drops a basket of easter eggs at your characters feet.

Then I'll know for sure that the developers have been playing too much fall out!

Jrex
03-13-2007, 04:06 AM
Jezus! If the game shipped in a box of gold someone would complain because it was too heavy..

I don't think its possible to have too many easter eggs. Especially ones that are just cosmetic like cowboy hat and boots, sherlock holms suit, or the sunglasses in Sacred ,etc. You dont have to use them after all and it is a refreshing change from the normal blandness of Dungeion Seige type plodding games.

My only real complaint is the IT postergirl was from an artist that played Sacred, Sacred UW or Sacred2 beta instead. Sacred games have blond bikini babes, Titan Quest most definitely does not. There are no blond bikini babes in Titan Quest (at least I have not found any so far), and not only do the women wear dresses but all the men do too. :knockout:

VresiBerba
03-13-2007, 04:36 AM
personally, i dont see why anyone is complaining about this stuff. theyre easter eggs, you dont need them. if you dont want them, either sell them or dont even pick them up. i think its awesome the devs are showing their sense of humor...all we got in the original game were hints of the overlord and some item names that had references in them.

Exactly, and not only that, if you don't like these items, and I can't really see why, stay away from Overlord's pass. It can't be much simpler than that.

i.n.s.a.n.e
03-13-2007, 07:36 AM
I personally don't like the easter eggs in that type of games but I know I don't have to pick them up. :]

The best middle-way option could be, to put the switch in Options, disabling or enabling the easter eggs..this would satisfy both sides, for and against...

Diernes
03-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Jezus! If the game shipped in a box of gold someone would complain because it was too heavy..

I don't think its possible to have too many easter eggs. Especially ones that are just cosmetic like cowboy hat and boots, sherlock holms suit, or the sunglasses in Sacred ,etc. You dont have to use them after all and it is a refreshing change from the normal blandness of Dungeion Seige type plodding games.

My only real complaint is the IT postergirl was from an artist that played Sacred, Sacred UW or Sacred2 beta instead. Sacred games have blond bikini babes, Titan Quest most definitely does not. There are no blond bikini babes in Titan Quest (at least I have not found any so far), and not only do the women wear dresses but all the men do too. :knockout:

Actually I doubt the artist played any of those games you mentioned at all, artwork is time consuming! But seriously this is called marketing and sex sells. He or she would have been commisioned to do some art with very general guidelines. cerberus, greek babe. and that is what they came up with.

People look into this kind of thing too deeply, there are constant cases of things like this happening in artwork for video games

Infares
03-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Maybe the artist just liked blonde chicks with big boobs.

The Immortal Throne Box Art girl has more in common with the artwork in the 3.5 Dungeon Master's Guide in the Prestige Class section's Eldritch Knight.

Renan
03-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah: stay away from the overlord passage.

Speaking of that passage, how do you actually unlock it?

Infares
03-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Speaking of that passage, how do you actually unlock it?

Run a search on "Secret Passage" and "Overlord".

CDN_Merlin
03-14-2007, 12:27 PM
I've been through that passage 20+ times and never got an Easter Egg or funky outfit.

I feel slighted! :D

I've been in a few times and got nothing but money and yellow items.