PDA

View Full Version : I miss the pre-1.2 'Farm Quest'...

sadhukar
03-11-2007, 09:48 AM
I have 8 pages of TQ vault filled with legendaries, epics and charms/relics. Now I can no longer kill Typhon and his telkines continously for 2 hours again (as there's not much point). I can no longer get 2 battlemage greaves in a single typhon run, nor can I get them 6 times in a row anymore.

Bring back farming :cry:

clive
03-11-2007, 10:00 AM
I did 20 pythian, 15 poly, and 17 act 3 telkine runs today and didnt get a single good item.

Yet yesterday i get two peices of archmages in one chest...

Poinas
03-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I have 8 pages of TQ vault filled with legendaries, epics and charms/relics. Now I can no longer kill Typhon and his telkines continously for 2 hours again (as there's not much point). I can no longer get 2 battlemage greaves in a single typhon run, nor can I get them 6 times in a row anymore.

Bring back farming :cry:

Hell yeah! People should be able to buy epics and legendaries off merchants too.

sadhukar
03-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Hell yeah! People should be able to buy epics and legendaries off merchants too.

QFT!

Darth Executor
03-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I got a doxa kalo (sp) off the ancient limos quest. I used to love the fact that good items were fairly easy to find in TQ. Then Iron Lore went blizzard on us and started nerfing stuff all over the place. :(

Mazuli
03-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I find running the overlord place is maybe a little slower than typhon but yields just as much good stuff as typhon did in the very beginning. Maybe it's just me though.

Infares
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
I find running the overlord place is maybe a little slower than typhon but yields just as much good stuff as typhon did in the very beginning. Maybe it's just me though.

Can you get normal uniques in the Secret Passage or is it all just easter egg crap?

Stonga
03-13-2007, 06:21 PM
They nerfed it cause it was WAY to easy to find good items. I like it the way it is now.

- Stonga.

Poinas
03-14-2007, 03:52 AM

A bit silly to quote myself, but with this comment I wanted to say that good items shouldn't be too easy to find. Typhon, the way it was (very easy and good drops), wasn't very rewarding in the way of feeling good to finally find something nice.

I must have been lucky, with the current patch because I farmed epic Typhon with a level 55 character, and got a blue/purple item about 75% of times. Every now and then he popped two blues at me. And tons of relics too. I think thay have actually increased his drops, significantly.

Reapy
03-15-2007, 01:30 PM

pray to the gods that that was ment sarcastic...else i hope you smacked your head against the wall when realizing what you said in that post

Whisk33
03-15-2007, 03:02 PM
I thought the drops in 1.15 were retarded. They were way way too common if you ever tried to get items... If you had a bad build and needed to amass good items it was great. But if you actually optimized your character you got buried by items. 1.2 was rough since they made it much more difficult and really took the drops away but I would much rather have to work for something and earn it. I wish the items that you get from quests were good... you can only get quest rewards once, why not toss in at least a 2affix item or better? Magic bah! I wouldnt even pick it up if I didnt get exp with the reward also. I like the drops now. Pre 1.2 Legendary items were common. Who owns something that is Legendary? huh? in real life? Crap like thats in a museum! in 1.20 crap like that was sitting in a bone pile surround by 3 baby raptors...