PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the original music theme back?

kokonut
03-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi all,

I really really loved the original get to your character music of Titan quest but now they have changed it in IT and it does not give me the same impression for the game.

Is there a way to revert to the old TQ music theme when you have installed IT over it?

Peace.

Infares
03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Nope, all the music in the game is in a single .arc file, you can't isolate one tune without hacking it, I'm afraid. :/

kokonut
03-16-2007, 10:47 PM
would be nice to have an option to get the original theme back...

ah maybe in a future patch....

lol

kokonut
01-07-2008, 11:24 AM
anyone figured this one out yet?

Batman
01-07-2008, 02:17 PM
ah maybe in a future patch....

NOT gonna happen........................... EVER

I_Raps
01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
anyone figured this one out yet?

There is a way. What theme are you seeking?

Matseb2611
01-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I think he's seeking the theme playing in the main menu of Vanilla TQ.

kokonut
01-10-2008, 09:05 PM
yes that is correct i wanna put the original theme in instead of the new IT theme at the character panel when you are just about to start the game....i used arcexplorer to open up the audio arc and i know which file is the one i want....i have a bit of a problem locating the one that plays in IT tough...all i want is to switch themes...i mean if the old theme is still there there must be a file that says to play the new theme instead of the older one...maybe if i could edit this file instead of trying to do something to the audio arc itself....

if there is such a way please help me....

peace and thanks

I_Raps
01-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Alright, then, here you go.

1. With ArcExplorer.exe, open C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest\Audio\Music.arc and extract the file main title\maintitle_entry.mp3

a. Rename this file mus_event_mediterranean1_01.mp3

b. Open the folder C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Database and create a sub-folder called \music.

Within this folder create a sub-folder called \xpack.

Within this folder create a sub-folder called \event.
Within this folder create a sub-folder called \mediterranean area 1
c. Put your new mus_event_mediterranean1_01.mp3 file in the folder C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Database\music\XPack\event\mediterranean area 1.

2. With ArcExplorer.exe, open C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest\Audio\Sounds.arc and extract the file ambience\maintitlescreen\looptitlescreen.wav

a. Rename this file titlescreen_ambience.wav

b. Open the folder C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Database and create a sub-folder called \sounds.

Within this folder create a sub-folder called \xpack.

Within this folder create a sub-folder called \ambient.
Within this folder create a sub-folder called \titlescreen
c. Put your new titlescreen_ambience.wav file in the folder C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Database\sounds\xpack\ambient\titlescreen.

3. Play the game with your new/old title theme.

kokonut
01-11-2008, 12:31 AM
it did not work...:cry:

I did the same folder structure as you mentionned and i modified all the files as you said, but how is the game to know that you have to use the folder structure you told me to make...to the game that is just extra baggage in some folder...

I guess you gotta modify some other settings to use those folders you just made instead of the default in game ones....

did you change anything else? or you just did those folder and the game automatically used it to replace the theme song?....

I_Raps
01-11-2008, 12:55 AM
This is what your folders should look like:

http://i9.tinypic.com/822tjsm.jpg

Make sure all the folders and files are named correctly (including the spaces in mediterranean area 1).

You didn't include the "\"s in the folder names, did you? That just designates that it's a folder for a human reader - you leave it out of the name on your computer; the computer knows it's there just because it IS a folder.

As for other settings, no, you don't need to change anything. The program looks for these files in the folders indicated first, and if it doesn't find them, then it looks in the .arc files. Unless you've changed some setting somewhere along the line.

[Edit] I think I remember a post somewhere (the Skins For Dummies thread maybe?) where the poster said he had to reboot before the changes showed up. I tend to think he had some other problem, though, because my computer is just barely capable of running this game, and I've never had any problem with this method - and I've used it alot. I've done skins, items, cursors, sound effects, etc., all without any issues at all.

kokonut
01-11-2008, 05:37 AM
I got exactly the same folder structure as you have minus the custom maps and other custom set ups you have done...but still the game does nto pick it up , even after a full pc reboot....something is definetely going on here...and it must be one stupid little thing too...

http://www.privateadultpics.com/images/budspencer/theme.jpg

I_Raps
01-11-2008, 07:57 AM
E: drive?

That could be the problem. Maybe even though your games know through your installation options that the database.arz is there, it may not show up in the games' search paths.

You could try duplicating the whole path structure - empty though, except for the two sound files we're talking about - on drive C: .

Or you can try putting the two replacement files in the .arc files C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Resources\Music.arc and C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Resources\Sounds.arc using archivetool.exe. The .arcs have the same file structures that we've used for the files.

Here's the contents of a batch file Shark originally posted to replace the female pc's skin textures. I use it as a guide to working with archivetool.exe.

@echo off

echo !-------------------------------------------------!
echo !Welcome to Sharks Ultimate Replacer 2.0 !
echo !-------------------------------------------------!

echo -------------------------------------------------
echo Please stand back, or you might get hurt!

md .\pc\female

copy /Y femalepc01_white.tex .\pc\female
copy /Y femalepcskirt01bmp.tex .\pc\female

archivetool "resources\creatures.arc" -replace "pc\female\femalepc01_white.tex" "resources\"
archivetool "resources\creatures.arc" -replace "pc\female\femalepcskirt01bmp.tex" "resources\"

echo Work finished!
echo Application should now be closed.
pause

You might have to play with the compression setting though. Here is a batch file I use to add new text tags to my game; the compression 6 was found through trial and error:

archivetool text_en.arc -replace xuniqueequipment.txt compression 6

archivetool text_en.arc -compact

You can see why it would be preferable if the first (unarchived) method worked for you.
Both batches are in C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne (which would be E:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne for you).

Be sure to back everything up, first.

I_Raps
01-11-2008, 08:10 AM
kokonut,

Just for my info, could you try downloading my cursors and see if they work for you?

http://www.titanquest.net/forums/modifications-editor/20893-high-visibility-cursors.html

I notice you don't have the mp3 extension registered as a sound file. Maybe in some bizarre way that is having an effect (though the other file is a wav and it should certainly be recognized :neutral:).

kokonut
01-11-2008, 11:17 AM
i tried to get archivetool to open but everytime it shuts down right away..it's like my computer is not allowing those DOS windows to be left opened...

is there any other tools i could use to decompress and recompile those arc file when i am done eidting them?

peace

I_Raps
01-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I don't think there is any alternative to archivetool.exe.

It's a command line program; you have to give it arguments, it won't just stay open for you.

Here is a shot of its usage:
http://i19.tinypic.com/8apulj6.jpg

Your best bet is to copy all the red text in the message above, make a new text file and paste the copied text into it, then save the text file as whateveryouwant.bat in the same folder as archivetool.exe.
Then you can edit that file, replacing the folder and file names with the ones you want to actually replace. When you double-click whatever.bat, it will execute the commands sequentially then stop (because of the "pause" command) so you can review any error messages.