PDA

View Full Version : Any Reason To Play Normal?

Thalnos
03-10-2007, 02:19 PM
I was wondering if there was any reason I should play IT on normal if I already have it unlocked on legendary. Are there any items/bags that the game gives you only on normal?

Also, I was wondering something about one of my characters. My champion is lvl 55 on legendary babylon, and I was just wondering if he will reach 60-65 by the time I finish legendary (vanilla, not IT)?

Thanks for the answers.

MR2_Pilot
03-10-2007, 03:05 PM
I played through on Epic first with a lvl 65 character, mainly to get a feel for IT, it's not necessary but be prepared for a lot of high HP beasties.

I doubt you'll hit lvl 58 before ACT-IV, the lvl up scale is a curve, and very steep after about lvl 50.

tim
03-10-2007, 03:40 PM
The best reaon of all. XP.

Thalnos
03-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Arg, because I want to finish Legendary TQ vanilla and have my Champion be lvl 65 so that way, he is completely done with TQ (and then move on to IT). Grr, looks like I'll be doing a lot of Typhon runs.

MR2_Pilot
03-10-2007, 05:08 PM
To give you an idea, the Exp required to lvl up from 65 to 66, is more than the Exp required for lvl 65. :nerd:

Thalnos
03-10-2007, 05:35 PM
I've been playing RPG's for over 10 years, I'm pretty sure I know that with each level it takes more to get to the next, otherwise you would be able to get to max level in half an hour.

Darth Executor
03-10-2007, 06:09 PM
I think he means you need more xp to get from 64 to 65 than you need to get from 1 to 64. At any rate, IT gives 2 more skill points, some boosts to health str/dex/int (although these quests are bugged so they only last until you log out, hopefully it'll be fixed in the next part), a bonus to your total damage, and if you're into collecting them like I am, a couple of arcane formulas.

Xargon
03-10-2007, 08:13 PM
If you're way overleveled, you will not get XP at all on normal. But you need some relics, charms and formulas (or whatever the plural may be)...

MR2_Pilot
03-10-2007, 09:33 PM
IT adds 10 levels I believe, now 75 max, correct me if I'm wrong!

Veveritz
03-10-2007, 10:29 PM
level 1-64 90million xp points
level 64-65 12million xp points
level 65-66 16.5million xp points

Thalnos
03-11-2007, 02:02 PM
^Thanks for that mate, that is pretty much what I wanted to know.

Masquerouge
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I believe the one true reason you'll want to do a full Normal game is for the artifacts.
I you start IT on Epic or Legendary you'll find greater and divine artifacts that require lesser artifacts to build. These lesser artifacts in turn require Normal relics.
Thus having a character in Normal mode to farm for relics is a good idea if you want to complete artifacts.
Note that this is very tedious. I'm missing one normal Ra Relic and I have to go back to Normal Egypt with my level 36 Thane, just cruising through monsters again and again and again, with so far no luck at all.

Whisk33
03-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Do orb boss runs for relics. Telkines are ideal. You can do BIg T also if you can handle the walk up to him. If you are hurtin for monster charms, kill the mobs, but relics are common from orb drops.

mlugia
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I believe the one true reason you'll want to do a full Normal game is for the artifacts.
I you start IT on Epic or Legendary you'll find greater and divine artifacts that require lesser artifacts to build. These lesser artifacts in turn require Normal relics.
Thus having a character in Normal mode to farm for relics is a good idea if you want to complete artifacts.
Note that this is very tedious. I'm missing one normal Ra Relic and I have to go back to Normal Egypt with my level 36 Thane, just cruising through monsters again and again and again, with so far no luck at all.

Not necessarily, I've found lesser artifacts that are exclusive to Epic (they require epic monster charms and relics) and ditto for Legendary. It seems that there's a set list of artifact recipes per difficulty level. That said, it's much easier to create your first artifact in Normal since the things are easier to farm :)

Mazuli
03-12-2007, 03:21 PM
I've only done IT in epic but there was a quest that gave me a permanent 5% damage boost as well as some that gave me +str and hp and +str +dex +int. Maybe they are in normal too.

Incinerate
03-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I've only done IT in epic but there was a quest that gave me a permanent 5% damage boost as well as some that gave me +str and hp and +str +dex +int. Maybe they are in normal too.

All those quests are bugged, the +str/int/dex and 5% damage mods are lost when you log out/in.

Yes they are available in Normal and Legendary modes also.

Regards,

Incinerate.

Xargon
03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
incinerate, did you check if only the highest bonus of these quests is applied? i.e. you get the legendary bonus, but not the epic and normal ones as well if you already have legendary? (which means, they are gone again after you log out/in)

(wanna be sure about this myself, didn't check that thoroughly when I did the quests)

Roland
03-13-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm sorry...but why would you want to wait to move to IT???

You can play in the same exact area and lvl (Normal, Epic, Legendary) and map area (Athens, Egypt, China) that you are atm in the original game.

All you have to do is Open IT and it will import you character to the exact spot you were at...But now you can use ALL the additional content, Caravans and Enchanters, new item drops and Mastery.

Why would you feel like you need to wait to enjoy all the game upgrades?

/color me confused

I'm playing IT with my lvl 44 Conqueror in Normal atm, slowly clearing every new area and completing ALL the Main & Side Quests in Hades. I've lvl'd 2 1/2 times, found lots of cool items, made lots of gold and I'm having a complete BLAST working my way throught all the new content.

I "was" in Epic Egypt in TQ...I'm very glad that I went back and decided to play IT in Normal.

IMO I would suggest playing the Hades map in the difficulty right below where you are currently. If you were in Legendary...I'd go back and play through Hades first in Epic, to get a feel for it and survive a bit easier and lvl & gear up a bit more. IT is pretty challenging imo. I've had a few tuff spots even in Normal at 42-44

So IMO there is zero reason not to play the game through IT, just delete that old TQ desktop icon and click the new IT shortcut!

You'll be glad you did trust me :)

Thalnos
03-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Why? Simple: Because not all my friends have IT, nor will all of them ever buy it, so when I have a lvl 75 Champion in IT, then go back to TQ to play some multi only to find a crappy lvl 55 Champion, it will put me off, and not give me a sense of completion. If only both games shared the same character data :cry:

Mivo
03-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Why? Simple: Because not all my friends have IT, nor will all of them ever buy it ...

What are their reasons not to buy IT? If someone plays and enjoys TQ still, the expansion seems like such a must-have. It's also inexpensive.

greatcthulhu
03-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Best reason to play Normal on IT: 2 skill Points for completing "Dust of a Titan" quest. Unless you've already maxed out all skills in 2 masteries with a cheat............

Infares
03-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Yah, the other permanent bonus quests are b0rk at the moment but when they get fixed they'll be more than worth the quick run-through even if you already have a character on a higher difficulty that you ported over.

Thalnos
03-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Ya, it'll be a long while till I actually play IT with my main (grinding to 65 ftl), although I started a new Dream char. But ya, if there is a quest that gives you a skill point, that is reason enough to go through normal.

Oh ya, anyone know how much xp you get for killing Typhon? And do you get the XP every time you kill him or just for the first time?

The Rock-man
03-18-2007, 07:16 AM
You get the same every time, unless theres a quest bonus. XP depends on level though.

Thalnos
03-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Ya, I mean how much xp does he give you on Legendary?

Lillis
03-18-2007, 06:10 PM
So... as I understand it:
Total Stat Points: (74*2)+(3*6) = 148+18 = 166
and:
Total Skill Points: (74*3)+(3*7) = 222+21 = 243
...which means that for a total investment in TitanCalc I can go as far as -36 Skill Points spent?

Thalnos
03-18-2007, 07:46 PM
What in the hell are you talking about?

Lillis
03-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Sigh... The total amount of stat/skill points for going through the game completely on all difficulties and getting your character up to CLVL 75.

Whisk33
03-19-2007, 08:08 AM
You get the same every time, unless theres a quest bonus. XP depends on level though.

Actually oddly.. I was doing some Big T runs and getting different amounts of exp... 19xxx and 20xxx... it was weird.. it was either one or the other, but it was in normal and just switched from one to the other ocassionally... It is possible that I leveled somewhere in there, but I dont think I did...

greatcthulhu
03-19-2007, 11:37 AM
The Max Sill Points you can get is 243. That's at level 75 and all difficulty levels completed. But, if you go into the Save data folders for your character and delete the quest and quest token files for Normal, Epic, or Legendary, you can start the difficulty level over and get the skill points offered by certain quests again (plus full experience). The active portals and revealed maps remain the same, just completion of the quests are erased. and you start at your last rebirht fountain.

I've never used it to get more skill points, but I find that it comes in handy when searching for Fomula. One of the first side quests in Hades is The Torch-bearer's Gauntlet. The reward is a formula. Do the quest, get the formula, erase the quest/token files and do it again. It tends to give you lesser artifact formulae, but it does occassionally give you greater and divine formulae. I got a Lyre of Apollo from that quest.

I ruined several characters experimenting with this, but it works. I suggest doing this with a throw away character and transfering the booty to your "good" character.

The Rock-man
03-20-2007, 04:21 AM
Actually oddly.. I was doing some Big T runs and getting different amounts of exp... 19xxx and 20xxx... it was weird.. it was either one or the other, but it was in normal and just switched from one to the other ocassionally... It is possible that I leveled somewhere in there, but I dont think I did...

Typhon level changes a fair bit too and this also effects xp, in normal i seen big T at lvl 45-49. Hence if you have the 49 one you get far more xp then for the 45 one.

Aressus
03-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I don't really know much, but I would say that you should go through normal just to get a feel for what Epic and Legendary will be like.

If you're way overleveled, you will not get XP at all on normal. But you need some relics, charms and formulas (or whatever the plural may be)...

I believe it's "Formulae" but I'm either right or waaaay off.

Minervian
03-21-2007, 04:00 AM
All those quests are bugged, the +str/int/dex and 5% damage mods are lost when you log out/in.

Yes they are available in Normal and Legendary modes also.

Regards,

Incinerate.

Oh dear, ALL the quests rewards of this sort are bugged? Including Lampido's potion with the 3 swamp ingredients, in Medea's Grove?

lothos
03-21-2007, 07:27 AM
i suspect you will get the benefit in the first patch as you're already completed the quest, they just need to reactivate the reward somehow.

I'm playing a templar right now thru hades normal and having a blast.