PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Strike Cooldown

stuartpierce
03-10-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm level 6 and haven't even decided on a 2nd mastery yet. Just trying out some of the skills with a single point to see how I like them.
Phantom Strike is very cool, but it has such a long cooldown. It's nice to be able to pass through a crowd and go right for the target you want, but I picked it hoping it might be sort of a boss killer skill. Is it worth it for this?

Stuart

Batman
03-10-2007, 01:51 PM
IMO yes it is. Get the Dream Stealer skill and try it again. You will notice a difference.

RDespair
03-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I was thinking about making a Diviner, but I'm thinking of going Ritualist meleer now thanks to Refresh. Use Phantom Strike & Distort Reality twice as often? Yes, please.

Bene Gesserit
03-12-2007, 07:38 PM
I was thinking about making a Diviner, but I'm thinking of going Ritualist meleer now thanks to Refresh. Use Phantom Strike & Distort Reality twice as often? Yes, please.

Just get -%recharge items

Krazikarl
03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Distort reality isnt really a killer once you get to legendary (in normal and first half of epic it is though), so you are really using it for the petrify. In my mind, Distort reality already has a short enough cooldown so refresh isnt that big of a deal. Yeah, it would be nice to be able to use PS more often, but really you dont need it for every single group, so to me its not worth chosing an entire mastery just so you can use it more often. If you are going ritualist, to me you shoudl really be thinking about the wolves/NM combo more than refresh.

Darth Executor
03-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Distort reality isnt really a killer once you get to legendary (in normal and first half of epic it is though), so you are really using it for the petrify. In my mind, Distort reality already has a short enough cooldown so refresh isnt that big of a deal. Yeah, it would be nice to be able to use PS more often, but really you dont need it for every single group, so to me its not worth chosing an entire mastery just so you can use it more often. If you are going ritualist, to me you shoudl really be thinking about the wolves/NM combo more than refresh.

Distort reality does plenty of damage if you have lots of strength. I have it and its synergy at 6/6, only put 2 points in each and it softens up enemies considerably. I'll probably max them both next.

Krazikarl
03-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Well, it does 796 electrical, 225 physical, and 164 vitality if both are maxed. Like I said, that alone will get you through a big chunk of the game, but I dont think its enough to base your entire build around in legendary. Dont get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the skill, and the damage is significant at any level, but the petrification is really the seller in legendary.

bug
03-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm level 6 and haven't even decided on a 2nd mastery yet. Just trying out some of the skills with a single point to see how I like them.
Phantom Strike is very cool, but it has such a long cooldown. It's nice to be able to pass through a crowd and go right for the target you want, but I picked it hoping it might be sort of a boss killer skill. Is it worth it for this?

Stuart

A boss killer with a low cooldown. Yeah, right. PS has it's drawbacks, but without them, it would be overkill...

Starheaven
03-15-2007, 10:05 AM
I have started a prophet mage dream/storm putting most points to intelligence, the skills compliment both masteries the build is a blast to play. Have found Phantom strike a mob/boss killer at this point.

Batman
03-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Just wondering if someone could post a video of Phantom Strike working with a staff weapon. Intrigued.

The Rock-man
03-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Just wondering if someone could post a video of Phantom Strike working with a staff weapon. Intrigued.

It dont work, only Psi Touch does but not Phantom strike.

I3LaaR
03-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Some one mentioned it and I wonder if any one seen it .......... is it even possible.......... PS + Volley :)

The Rock-man
03-16-2007, 06:15 AM
Some one mentioned it and I wonder if any one seen it .......... is it even possible.......... PS + Volley :)

Dont think so, never known shield charge or Warwind skills to trigger skill procs and these are the closest to PS.

I3LaaR
03-16-2007, 06:19 AM
Guess the same goes for Psionic Touch

The Rock-man
03-16-2007, 06:24 AM
Guess the same goes for Psionic Touch

No it can Fire off Psi Touch Psi touch is the same as onslaught/Calc Strike in that it left mouse button IE main attack.

Bradster
03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
At what point does this skill become worth it? I tried it early on and discovered that it's not a teleport-like skill- you simply become invisible and travel at walking speed towards your target. Not good when your target decides that you're not there anymore and walks back to the mob he came from, and you dutifully continue to follow him and pop back out into the middle of a bunch of Hoplites and Lichs.

Infares
03-16-2007, 12:44 PM
At what point does this skill become worth it? I tried it early on and discovered that it's not a teleport-like skill- you simply become invisible and travel at walking speed towards your target. Not good when your target decides that you're not there anymore and walks back to the mob he came from, and you dutifully continue to follow him and pop back out into the middle of a bunch of Hoplites and Lichs.

You see the popping out in the middle of hoplites and liches is a good thing if you focus more on Dream Stealer than Phantom Strike itself, because at 8/8 dream stealer all of said hoplites and liches are about 30 feet in the air. At least whatever parts haven't been shattered into knucklebone sized shards are, anyways.

Bene Gesserit
03-16-2007, 01:10 PM
If you wait to use the skill until they are beginning their attack animations, you can PS the group (or single mob) before they leash back to their full party.

dagoo7
03-16-2007, 01:10 PM
The disappearance mechanic can also be useful if you're playing with a pet as it also seems to be a good way off getting aggro off yourself and onto the pet.

Infares
03-16-2007, 01:49 PM
I noticed that, too. You become a nontarget when you activate it and while TQ doesn't have an Aggro Meter or anything it does have a priority list of sorts and activating Phantom Strike does remove you from that list for the duration of the invisibility.