PDA

View Full Version : Gigantes Dactyl

krameriffic
03-10-2007, 11:53 AM
No single trash mob should be more difficult than Typhon and Hades combined.

That is all.

MR2_Pilot
03-10-2007, 12:06 PM
No single trash mob should be more difficult than Typhon and Hades combined.

That is all.

:lol: Sounds like you got hit by multiple mobs at the same time.

I know how you feel, it's happened to me a couple of times now in ACT IV, sort of wakes me up. :p

Xargon
03-10-2007, 12:12 PM
You don't even need to get hit by multiple dactyls (probably isn't possible anyway), one of them is sufficient... they have already been mentioned in some other threads, and I agree that at least they shouldn't spam their wave attack (distortion wave or whatever it is) like they do atm...

MR2_Pilot
03-10-2007, 12:17 PM
I have no problem with them, but my resists are very high. I sacrificed a lot of DPS to have high resists, and it seems to be working.

Darth Executor
03-10-2007, 12:31 PM
If you're melee you should have mob control of some sort. If you don't you deserve to get killed.

yoman
03-10-2007, 01:14 PM
hm .. do they only do that on legendary? had no problems on normal/epic at all with those things ... 2 hits with DW and bye and my build is surely not dps-whore :)

Impulsand
03-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Actually:

Thunderball, War Horn and Distort Reality do quite nicely.

Not sure for how long.. but it works.

I just have to start swinging before he gets out of paralitic shock.

They are HARD.

krameriffic
03-10-2007, 02:35 PM
The problem is that I shield charge them and they already cast their wave attack which instagibs me every time. Plus, it's spammable, it's not like I can avoid one and then kill him while they can't cast it.

smokes
03-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Agree 100% on this... Just been killed 10 times in a row by ONE of these with no other mobs attacking. Usually I just run in, BAM BAM BAM and its dead. This one prefers to stunlock and spam the $*(£U"E wave on my *** and there is no way to kill this piece of crap... Tried everything including warhorn, flash powder, battle standard and all...

Its pure luck whether you get a bitchy one or not and imo this mob is pure BS.

Incedentally controlling them rarely works anyway since they have huge immunity to fear/stun/confuse/befuddle etcetcetctetcetctenclasdasld

Sorry but these guys make me want to swear our loud.

clive
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah those things own me, yet i can kill hades in under 20 seconds..

Lord
03-12-2007, 03:12 PM
1 hitted me three times in a row. I have to stun them and then attack, and even then I get killed.

Terca
03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
The problem is that I shield charge them and they already cast their wave attack which instagibs me every time. Plus, it's spammable, it's not like I can avoid one and then kill him while they can't cast it.

Been there done that, hate these creeps!

partyboy
03-13-2007, 01:24 AM
as a melee diviner, i have at least 2 moves to keep them stunned long enough to kill them. but i usually swap in a stun resist necklace before just in case.

LightningStrike
07-31-2009, 02:48 PM
i died like 6 times...2 hits and i was R.I.P

my solution.. find a spot on the map where he will no longer follow you, then run back and forward so he will use all of his energy(mana). Then he must come close to you, no more shockwaves for a while... do this like 3-4 times and you will bring him down.

(sorry for my bad english, it's been a while..)

Troy0
07-31-2009, 02:54 PM
You just revived a thread over a year old?

JohnLukeG
07-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Despite being a year old, I'm also getting pissed off from these things, as I've only recently started playing.

Piejack
07-31-2009, 03:28 PM
The key is kill them before they can attack you!

Use your fastest attack and stun if you have a stun attack. These black Gigantes Dectyl aren't an issue in Normal and Epic. It's only in Legendary they become super tough.

Fight it like you fight the jailor one...hit and run.

Galadd
08-01-2009, 02:12 AM
You just revived a thread over a year old?

No, he revived a thread that is almost 2 and a half years old :clap:

Kreigerrr
08-02-2009, 06:30 AM
No, he revived a thread that is almost 2 and a half years old :clap:

That has GOT to be a record..... :knockout:

Muffenz
08-02-2009, 03:00 PM
That has GOT to be a record..... :knockout:

youre new to the forum world.. ull learn with time young padavan *cough*

ASYLUM101
08-02-2009, 03:29 PM

Well, to this forum, it is a record. It's only been around like 2 years.

Muffenz
08-02-2009, 04:06 PM
tru dat

Kreigerrr
08-02-2009, 04:47 PM

New to the forum world? Believe me, my little grammar-challenged friend, if it were not for the thousands of posts that I have made on sites such as Amazon Basin (Diablo & Diablo2 LoD--from the Very Start), Guild Wars, NWN, Civ and several others over the past 20 years, your post would simply make me laugh. :)

But as a 47-year-old attorney, former judge, and hard-core gamer who was probably posting at around the time you were born, this most recent post of yours truly made me laugh out loud, ha~!! Thank you for that~!! :D

--"young padavan"

Muffenz
08-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Haha relax mister attorney, former judge... seriously. What difference does your age make

Balkanac
09-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Heya guys..first post here.. :happy:

Just finished Epic difficulty with my Harbinger lv 54,but I wanted to see am I really that weak when I lost against a Dactyl and I smacked Hades in under 15 seconds...luckily there were only two in whole palace..I killed 1st,avoided 2nd..

Died 7 times on first one..but without their mana they are weak as hell...just lure them as I did on some wide terrain (pulled mine from infront the doors up the stairs in one big room) and simply avoid their waves..i got him running backwards and forwards from that point where he wont follow you anymore..

Anyway..I hope i wont bump on them much in Legendary .. this was hell of an experience lol..drain their mana and you win,simple as that. :lol:

melissa1202
09-02-2009, 04:43 PM
These things are just plain nasty, on any difficulty. For my caster I had to use the method mention before to find the end of his "tether" and keep attacking him and backing up out of his wave spell. Before doing this method, I died instantly numerous times to that blast wave.

What resist is good for his blast wave spell? Part physical damage and part something else?

Balkanac
09-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Well I know which one ain`t for sure,it cannot be vitality because i was trying out with gear I have for vitality dmg dealing fights and i tried that scroll of elemental protection..neither helped..I got no idea :D

siegefried2
09-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Try getting ritual jewelery, or Tortured Soul charms with the ritual completion bonus. They reduce damage from the main problems in Act IV, (machae archers/master archers/grand archers, melinoe blade dancers, dactyls). That way, you don't really need to worry about the specific resists.

ASYLUM101
09-02-2009, 05:21 PM
That's the cheap way, haha.

Kreigerrr
09-03-2009, 06:16 AM
Try getting ritual jewelery, or Tortured Soul charms with the ritual completion bonus. They reduce damage from the main problems in Act IV, (machae archers/master archers/grand archers, melinoe blade dancers, dactyls). That way, you don't really need to worry about the specific resists.

Or Glorybringer (greater artifact)--is as though the thing was made for Act 4. Probably my favorite artifact, overall.

gasconron
09-04-2009, 05:35 AM
Wasn't really ever concerned about Dactyls as I barely see them in my xmax hardcore runs... Lo and behold, I encounter 2 near the last 2 erebus crystals in Normal, with my freakin' Auradin evoker the other day.

It was kinda funny seein my tick damage from ToW and RoF tickle the Twin Dactyls. Good thing they spawned on me in Normal, had it been in Epic or Legendary I would have been in big trouble.

Aerin
09-04-2009, 09:13 PM
they hit pretty hard, thats true but like piejack said, key is imo to kill them rly quick before they manage to spam attacks. With my harbinger i have a lot attack damage converted to health and high dps so when i see him i ignore all mobs and instantly go for him, he die in 2 seconds

Caw521
09-05-2009, 02:27 AM
*cough*enslavespirit*cough*

Seriously, I've mentioned it about a Grandmaster machae archer, but what if you brought a dactyl to some place, like the Orient, or for that case, a whole mob of dactyls and vindicators and other random monsters by continuously mind controlling them? Muahahahahaha*cough* *cough* *choke*. :D