PDA

View Full Version : TQVault 2.0 released - Adds support for Immortal Throne

bman654
03-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks to everyone that tested the beta.

The current version is 2.12.

Download and install 2.11 version (http://titanquestvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ToolsandEditors.Detail&id=6)

Then download the 2.12 zip file (http://www.savefile.com/files/685474) and overwrite use it to replace your tqvault.exe.

v2.12 displays formulae reagent requirements, set item information, artifact completion bonuses, artifact type (greater/lesser/divine), item granted skills and descriptions. It also fixes some display bugs related to the easter egg parchments.

kaeldragor
03-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Before I damage something, can you clarify: will this work while I have IT running (since I heard that IT 1.10 doesn't have as much objection to altered character information), or should I only do Vault management while out of the game?

Yusuke
03-09-2007, 10:39 PM
From my experience with previous versions of vault and TQ, and this is all while the game is running, it won't change anything in the game. Like if you take something from your inventory to the vault, when you go back to the game, it'll still be in your inventory and if you add something to your inventory from the vault, it won't show up when you go back to the game. Dunno if this is still how it works with IT, but i don't see why it wouldn't. Imma bout to go check and see, will edit this with how it works :)

bman654
03-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah that is still how it works.

TQVault is NOT DESIGNED to run while TQ is running. But you can do it to dupe items easily...

kaeldragor
03-09-2007, 10:44 PM
So, just pull them (the desired items to be duplicated) out of inventory to a vault while the game is running, close TQVault and repeat? That'd be useful to help with funds until a few more mods are updated.

Yusuke
03-09-2007, 10:46 PM
yup, exactly :)

kaeldragor
03-09-2007, 10:48 PM
What about things with relics in them? Do the relics get duped as well?

Mardagg
03-09-2007, 10:49 PM
My favorite mod!!! (and only mod)

Thanks for this bman!

bman654
03-09-2007, 10:56 PM
What about things with relics in them? Do the relics get duped as well?

yes.

but a more efficient way to dupe things (for money) is to just fill up the vault. then quit TQVault. Then go find the vault file (My Games\Titan Quest\TQVaultData) and copy the .Vault file and give it a new name. Now open TQVault and you will have both the original vault and the copy.

But if all you want is $$, then I believe TQ Defiler has a way to edit your $$ directly.

MUBK
03-09-2007, 11:08 PM
So this vault will work in TQ:IT and TQ? All our items from TQ will be automatically transported to this new vault??

kaeldragor
03-09-2007, 11:13 PM
bman654: Ironically, I feel better about money gained by selling, even if I altered the odds of my getting nice items. :) Don't like to cheat too much and editing the money directly makes it feel less fun. Thanks for the tip on copying the vault files. I'm off to pillage and such. Thanks also/again for the great program.

South of Heaven
03-09-2007, 11:28 PM
bman, I must say, out of every game I've ever played and every mod I've ever used, the TQVault is by far the most useful and thought-out mod. I'm not really trying to kiss your a*s here, I'm just being serious. Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into something like this so guys like me don't have to whine about item space. :D

CarneMorte
03-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks, Bman!

bman654
03-10-2007, 12:02 AM
lol funny thing is I dont even use except to remove relics.

bbboyyy
03-10-2007, 12:38 AM
A masterpiece!
Thanks alot for such a great mod!

SoulSeekkor
03-10-2007, 04:29 AM
lol funny thing is I dont even use except to remove relics.

LoL, ya know? I don't even use the Defiler except to turn on YOUR Infinite Potion Stacking mod and Relics In All mod. :p

Soul

MAXIMVS
03-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Bman (and SoulSeekkor) your work is so much appreciated by us all!

Just look how many downloads you're getting!

Well done ... :happy:

Terca
03-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Good work, because of the Caravan feature I don't need it yet, but I will pick it up for sure when my characters and caravan is flooded :)

Whisk33
03-10-2007, 10:05 AM
I like using it since I like to keep everything... I dont really have a standard items that I use to grow my toons yet.
a suggestion would be to be able to view the stats of an item in the vault. So you can know what properties it has. I would appreciate that. Thanks anyways.

Xargon
03-10-2007, 12:30 PM
First of all, TQVault is great! Far more comortable than having to use the new transfer area at caravan drivers all the time (and requiring a lot less time).
Don't know if this is possible, but it would be really nice to be able to view the new storage area of characters as well.

subster
03-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks again bman, soulseeker and others who have helped to upgrade tqvault! Great work.

sadyc
03-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Here you have a modified TQVault 2.0, that will display some information about item attributes.

Right now the information displayed is raw - you will not see the exact values for the attributes.
However, it is still useful to find requirements for items and what attributes do they offer (without remembering suffixes and prefixes :)

Here you go: http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc3b.rar

Source code is converted to VS.2005 (I used free Express Edition):
http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc3_src.rar
(also zlib is replaced with SharpZipLib because I had some problems with zlib)

Edit: added VC++ 2005 required DLLs to the archive

--sadyc

MUBK
03-10-2007, 07:38 PM
For bman's TQVault 2.0, if I install this vault (I don't have IT yet), will it work for regular TQ?

Also, the developers suggested a clean install of TQ, and then installing IT. Since this mod supports IT, do I still have to do a clean install?

Thx in advance :D

SoulSeekkor
03-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Not for TQ Vault, it doesn't modify any game files (that I know of) so it shouldn't matter if you clean install or not, you should be able to just replace the old TQVault.exe with the new one. ;)

o b l i v i o n
03-10-2007, 10:31 PM
hey y is it hard to show proper Item stats... ?

SoulSeekkor
03-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Heh, I'd explain but I really don't have time to atm, working on updating the Defiler to release again tonight...maybe Bman will cover that one. :p :knockout:

Whisk33
03-11-2007, 01:45 AM
Here you have a modified TQVault 2.0, that will display some information about item attributes.

Right now the information displayed is raw - you will not see the exact values for the attributes.
However, it is still useful to find requirements for items and what attributes do they offer (without remembering suffixes and prefixes :)

Here you go: http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc3.rar

Source code is converted to VS.2005 (I used free Express Edition):
http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc3_src.rar
(also zlib is replaced with SharpZipLib because I had some problems with zlib)

--sadyc
Sorry Sadyc... i dont know if its too late for me, or if Im jsut not smart enough but I cant get it to work... maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I couldnt get it to work...

Yusuke
03-11-2007, 02:08 AM
It wouldn't work for me either, got this error msg

http://yusuke14.home.comcast.net/images/tqvaultsadyc.png

I tried redownloading the file and still get that error :|

bman654
03-11-2007, 03:16 AM
I get the same error. Try including the ??vc80.dll from your machine in the zip file.

sadyc
03-11-2007, 05:56 AM
It wouldn't work for me either, got this error msg

http://yusuke14.home.comcast.net/images/tqvaultsadyc.png

I tried redownloading the file and still get that error :|

I guess there is a problem with .NET.
Try placing this file in the same folder with TQVault.exe: http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault.exe.manifest
Or install: Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE)
Let me know if it works.

I've also uploaded http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc3b.rar, which includes the required DLLs

--sadyc

o b l i v i o n
03-11-2007, 07:48 AM
hey someone answer me y not proper support of item stats :errf:

TQChest does show some stuff... where is its latest version now !

Koz
03-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Hmm, I just updated the vault, transfered all the items off my mules into the vault (which were in the vault to begin with and I transfered to mules before IT came out, but anyhoo...). The problem I'm having is that when I close TQVault it does not prompt me to start TQVault Monitor like it used too. So I went ahead and manually started TQVault Mon and clicked "start Titan Quest" but it said failed to start game. Not sure what that's all about.

Also, is someone going to be able to update the TQVault Mon when the next patch comes out?

Koz

Mardagg
03-11-2007, 12:52 PM
TQVault Monitor is not needed with TQ:IT. Just run TQVault.exe instead.

Cheers

Koz
03-11-2007, 01:17 PM
TQVault Monitor is not needed with TQ:IT. Just run TQVault.exe instead.

Cheers

Its not needed now? Hmm, didn't know that. Cool.

Koz

MUBK
03-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Is there something in TQ:IT that you don't need the TQ Vault monitor, or is it the Patch 1.30??

sadyc
03-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Is there something in TQ:IT that you don't need the TQ Vault monitor, or is it the Patch 1.30??
It's about TQ:IT. It doesn't check anymore if the character files are altered.
So:
if you start Titan Quest - Immortal Throne (as opposed to Titan Quest), you don't need TqVaultMon.

--sadyc

sadyc
03-11-2007, 01:47 PM

I've uploaded a new version (2.0sadyc4) (http://web.sadyc.net-a.googlepages.com/TQVault_2.0sadyc4.rar):
- has a nicer UI
- attributes are displayed a bit more clear
- requirements are displayed also for Epic/Legendary items
- requirements displayed are almost correct (only the Level requirement is few levels more or less than it should be)
- includes Visual C++ 2005 required DLLs

Source code here: http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc4_src.rar
--sadyc

El-Kabong
03-11-2007, 05:31 PM
I got a question, you see I got a LOT of items in my TQ Vault from the first Titan Quest game......I want these to be moved or imported into the new Vault that works with Immortal Throne.....can this be done? I don't want to loose all that stuff I've collected.

:pray:

SoulSeekkor
03-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Back it up first and try it, I could be wrong but I don't think there are any file format changes or anything, the only thing that needed fixing was loading the expansion pack item records.

MAXIMVS
03-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Everything in my old TQVault transfered OK into version 2.

No problems. I've used stuff from TQ and saved stuff into IT, all works perfectly.

El-Kabong
03-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Well there are two directory's one for TQ and a seperate directory for Immortal Throne....I would think that the Vault exe file has to be in the root dorectory of the game as in
C:\Program files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne

MUBK
03-11-2007, 05:52 PM
So all you did was replace the tqvault.exe file?

El-Kabong
03-11-2007, 06:15 PM
NOW there is a real Problem!!

When ever I create a new Vault like say IT New Items it will create the vault but after you close the vault program then reopen it ....It's NOT listed, so it forgot the newley created vault room

HELP !!

Lizzan
03-11-2007, 06:26 PM
NOW there is a real Problem!!

When ever I create a new Vault like say IT New Items it will create the vault but after you close the vault program then reopen it ....It's NOT listed, so it forgot the newley created vault room

HELP !!

Did you put anything in the vault before closing TQVault? I've noticed before that newly created empty vaults are deleted when closing the program, but not when you've put something in it.

El-Kabong
03-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes there were several things...(That are lost now) :mad:

I also noticed that if you take items from the caravan storage and move them into your characters storage it's not seen by the new Vault program.

I've closed and re opened both of them.

One good thing is Dubing an item is very easy.

Lizzan
03-11-2007, 06:43 PM
That's weird, I just tried creating a new vault, transferring an item, closing TQVault and opening it again - it worked as expected, the vault still there with the item in it. Perhaps Bman can be of more help.

El-Kabong
03-11-2007, 06:56 PM
This is what I unpacked from the Zip file and put into the directory, all the files that are shown
C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne

MUBK
03-11-2007, 07:42 PM
are u talking about bman's vault or sadyc's....seems to be sadyc...

sadyc
03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
are u talking about bman's vault or sadyc's....seems to be sadyc...
I haven't touched the code that writes/reads from files, however I've changed compilers.
It's possible not to have your vault saved if:
- TQVault crashed (which doesn't seem to have happened)
- you don't have permissions to write in the folder where TQVault saves data
- My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest does not exist
I can't think of other cause.

Remember: Always backup your chars/vaults, especially now that TQ IT is pretty new.

--sadyc

El-Kabong
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Hummm...that's got to be there ...other wise I couldn;t play the game....:knockout:

C:\Documents and Settings\*My user name*\My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest

* removed my user name for security reasons*

Are you saying that's the location where TQ Vault should be? Because I put it in the program Files group under THQ then Immortal Throne.

bman654
03-11-2007, 10:20 PM
If you think that you have lost something, then goto:

C:\Documents and Settings\*my user name*\My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest\TQVaultData\Backups". There you will find backup copies of any files that TQVault edited. If your items are missing from a vault then take a backup copy of that vault and copy it up one level and re-open TQVault to access the backup copy.

The only known way to lose items in TQVault is to use TQVault while the game is running and to take an item from the vault and put it on the character you are currently playing.

Dedo
03-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Great work, TQvault is nothing short of brilliant. :)

El-Kabong
03-12-2007, 03:31 AM
The only known way to lose items in TQVault is to use TQVault while the game is running and to take an item from the vault and put it on the character you are currently playing.

Welll that's getting closer
I had the game running then created a new Vault then added some items from the character to that new vault....the character never losted the items but the new vault went bye-bye. How ever if I put an item from the character into a vault that had been there then the item stayed (duping method maybe??)

I just now used the TQ vault and created a new vault w/o the game running and it stayed....so I guess that's it.

Ieldra
03-12-2007, 04:02 AM
hey someone answer me y not proper support of item stats :errf:
Here's the short version: it's hard to display the real item stats because the actual stats are not stored with the item.

And the somewhat more technical explanation: The item descriptor file stores a mean value or lower and upper limits for every item attribute. The item instance stores the name of the descriptor file and a seed number, which the game uses to create a sequence of numbers using (probably) a linear congruent algorithm. These numbers are then converted to the actual stats using the range parameters from the descriptor file. The details of these algorithms are unknown. The result: Unless someone figures out the algorithm details, it will remain impossible to derive the actual item stats from the item stored in TQVault (or anywhere else) without going into the game.

Ganymed
03-12-2007, 05:16 AM
I only want to thank the creator of TQVault for his great work.
Without it original TQ would have not been the motivating game it finally became and although IT already adds the swap item feature its great to see it became now even easier with the IT support in the latest TQVault version.

Thanks you very much for your great efforts :rockon:

o b l i v i o n
03-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Here's the short version: it's hard to display the real item stats because the actual stats are not stored with the item.

And the somewhat more technical explanation: The item descriptor file stores a mean value or lower and upper limits for every item attribute. The item instance stores the name of the descriptor file and a seed number, which the game uses to create a sequence of numbers using (probably) a linear congruent:pray: algorithm. These numbers are then converted to the actual stats using the range parameters from the descriptor file. The details of these algorithms are unknown. The result: Unless someone figures out the algorithm details, it will remain impossible to derive the actual item stats from the item stored in TQVault (or anywhere else) without going into the game.

Thnx alot , that was helpful...

now , TQChest DOES display some basic stats and somethin called Item level... and this helps alot in distinguishing items frm each other.

:pray: for TQChest's IT compatible version!

bman654
03-12-2007, 10:06 AM
a few pages back, saydc released a modified version of tqvault which shows some item details. I am busy modifying that version to show the details in a more "game-like" way, and also translate them into the appropriate language.

-Aerows-
03-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Wow, great work - Thank you!

sadyc
03-12-2007, 07:28 PM
http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc5.rar is now available.
Along the item stats, you can now see the player's caravan private stash.
The player stash is read-only for now, you can only see it. Support for moving items to/from it is on the way.
Also, the stash shared between chars will be supported in future.

Alternate link here (http://web.sadyc.net-a.googlepages.com/TQVault_2.0sadyc5.rar), Source code here (http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc5_src.rar)

Enjoy,
--sadyc

SoulSeekkor
03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Just throwing a note to Bman and Sadyc...that caravan stash has some kind of check in the beginning of it...if you modify even 1 letter in that file (for example, a name change requires you to change the path in the file) that file gets reset by the game. Hopefully Bman will find a way around this, as everything I tried simply got the files reset everytime.

That is why I disabled renaming of Immortal Throne characters and put the messages in there that I did for copying/making copies of IT characters. Caravan files won't transfer.

sadyc
03-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Just throwing a note to Bman and Sadyc...that caravan stash has some kind of check in the beginning of it...if you modify even 1 letter in that file (for example, a name change requires you to change the path in the file) that file gets reset by the game.
I was worried about that when I saw that the caravan is kept in two files with only a letter different and the first 4 bytes.
For now.. caravan is read-only..

I'll try some ordinary checksums and if it doesn't work then I guess it's time to ressurect TQVaultMon for IT :)

--sadyc

SoulSeekkor
03-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Might have to create another type of 'patch' for IT just for bypassing the caravan file check, or I could create a 'Fix Me', but neither work well, because if the person forgets or doesn't know and goes into the game before doing either...their items are lost. I like the idea of my patch game that I turned into a permanent file patch, something like that would be ideal in preventing any loss of items as the game would stay patched and would not require TQ Vault Monitor to run.

Soul

sadyc
03-12-2007, 07:50 PM
TQVault will backup files, so the carvan can be restored.

--sadyc

bman654
03-12-2007, 09:13 PM
So when it "resets" it essentially deletes the file and creates a new empty stash? Total suckage. When I finish what I'm working on I'll mess with it unless sadyc finds a solution first.

SoulSeekkor
03-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah, akin to having the game crash and reset your character to a lvl1 with no items or anything. ;)

It'd be nice to block the check so that it doesn't read the path in the file, it doesn't make sense to even HAVE that path to the file in the file, isn't the game smart enough to just look under the character folder for those two files by default? *duh*

Ieldra
03-13-2007, 06:16 AM
@sadyc: where do you get the level requirements from? The text tag always the value of 0 in the files. I've had a look into your source code, but I guess it's faster if you just tell me.

sadyc
03-13-2007, 09:05 AM
@sadyc: where do you get the level requirements from? The text tag always the value of 0 in the files. I've had a look into your source code, but I guess it's faster if you just tell me.
Each item record has a reference to another record that defines the requirements. From the "requirements record", you only take into the considerations the entries/tags for that item type. These entries contain formulas to compute the different requirements (level, int, str, dex). You evaluate the formulas and obtain the final item requirements.

--sadyc

sadyc
03-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah, akin to having the game crash and reset your character to a lvl1 with no items or anything. ;)
Awww.. that's nasty. I only thought it will reset your stash.

--sadyc

Stonga
03-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Isn't TQVault considered cheating?

- Stonga.

Whisk33
03-13-2007, 09:21 AM
HEY NOW WATCH YOUR TONGUE!!

lol jk, yeah some people consider it cheating. Other just use it as easy muling. Some people use it for duping and that how most people trade... It has been a debate. The debatable question is do you think easy muling is cheating? Any of the other things are kinda hard to debate, but there are people on both sides of the fence.

Ieldra
03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Isn't TQVault considered cheating?
Just an easier way of muling - with IT less of a cheat and more of a comfort function than ever. Except the relic removal, and the potential for duping, of course. But the alternative is to create about 250 mule characters to hold my item collection...

As for duping, well, it's unfortunate, but you could alway save and restore your character files to do essentially the same. I don't approve of this and don't do it myself, but this is unavoidable unless characters are stored on closed servers. And then I wouldn't be playing TQ.

So, TQVault is a tool with cheat potential. But it's one of the most useful tools ever made for a game. I can't recall a game where I used a third-party tool as extensively in 20 years of playing games on computers.

So, :clap: :clap: :clap: to bman and sadyc, regardless of what "evil" uses TQVault is put to.

Stonga
03-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I could go as far as using it for extra storage, but anything else than that, i would consider it a cheat. Like duping and changing relics without destroying the weapon with no cost.

To use it as extra storage, you just move the items over to TQVault and delete them from your inventory?

- Stonga.

yoman
03-13-2007, 11:13 AM
just move them in the vault program into the extra storage, they wont be in your inv then anymore... :)

Stonga
03-13-2007, 11:25 AM
I tried that and they were in my inventory after that.

Maybe i am doing something wrong.
Am i suppose to start TQ through TQVaultMon?

- Stonga.

bman654
03-13-2007, 11:31 AM
you need to use tqvault when not playing TQ. If you do it at the same time, then the vault gets changed but the char does not. You will lose items if you take them from the vault and put them in your char. and you will dupe items if you take them from your char and put them in the vault.

oledutch
03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
sorry, never mind -- I got it working

ghroth
03-16-2007, 12:21 PM
all that work and you still didnt add item descriptions

what a pitty

Whisk33
03-16-2007, 12:28 PM

what a pitty

You're a tool.

Thanks for the work guys the raw items stats helps out a great deal even if it isnt compltely accurate. The lev reqs help me organize my items better so I can know when I can equip what.:clap:

Stonga
03-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Is it not possible to wear 2 blue maces?

I tried to wear 2 widowmakers but it didn't work.

- Stonga.

Whisk33
03-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Is it not possible to wear 2 blue maces?

I tried to wear 2 widowmakers but it didn't work.

- Stonga.

You have to have warfare mastery and use the dual wield skill tree.

sadyc
03-16-2007, 04:48 PM

what a pitty
If you feel that's an easy task, go ahead and implemented them. The source code for TQVault is public.

The lev reqs help me organize my items better so I can know when I can equip what.:clap:
That was one of the first reasons I implemented them.
Let me know if any of the attribute requirements (not level) differ from the ones in game and I'll try to figure out why.

--sadyc

MUBK
03-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Great Work...Thank you for your Time and Effort bman, sadyc, soulseeker, and all other editors/modmakers! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Whisk33
03-17-2007, 11:41 AM
That was one of the first reasons I implemented them.
Let me know if any of the attribute requirements (not level) differ from the ones in game and I'll try to figure out why.

--sadyc
Most of the time when they are displayed they are correct. Often they are not displayed though. Dont know if that's an intended thing or not.

BartMan84
03-17-2007, 12:05 PM
sweet, thanks alot for this release. i couldn't get my stored gear into IT and i was a bit sad but now i'm happy! Thanks again

sadyc
03-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok, here's a new version: http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc6.rar
- Display Transfer Area / Stash
- Fixed item requirements for shields
- Fixed some drawing problems

PS: I haven't incorporated the tooltip stats display bman654 has put in 2.1 because I'm having problems with the tooltips.

--sadyc

Abnil
03-17-2007, 01:44 PM
the Tranfer/Storage area is cut off with a resolution smaller than 1152x864. I usually run in 1024x768, so if you could fix the resizing issue, for other people like myself, that would be appreciated

Infares
03-17-2007, 07:09 PM

what a pitty

You're a tool.

Agreed. Pay no attention to the assclown behind the keyboard, you guys are doing amazing things and I appreciate it more than I can demonstrate without engaging in behavior that might lead people to question my sexual orientation.

Stonga
03-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Agreed. Pay no attention to the assclown behind the keyboard, you guys are doing amazing things and I appreciate it more than I can demonstrate without engaging in behavior that might lead people to question my sexual orientation.

You've already said too much. ;)

- Stonga.

Whisk33
03-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Pay no attention to the assclown behind the keyboard, .

I think I have a new sig...

you guys are doing amazing things and I appreciate it more than I can demonstrate without engaging in behavior that might lead people to question my sexual orientation
huh... I think I am going to hold with an offical "no comment"

Alphidius
03-18-2007, 12:56 AM
I would marry you if I were a lady bman but if I were a lady I doubt I'd be playing TQ... :razz:

Still you rock!! :rockon:

dave in the basement
03-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello all,

I just downloaded this (with great anticipation!), and I keep getting an unhandled exception error whenever I try to open up a TQ (non-IT) 1.30 character. Any ideas? The dotnet file is in the TQ folder, so that is not the problem.

I am going to go through the readme to see if I missed anything. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. This is my first character and I am looking forward to passing some of his loot to an up-and-coming character or two. :)

Dave

EDIT - ACK! I got it to semi-work, but the error occurred (sp?) again, and when I tried to load my character in TQ, his name was listed, but he wasn't there and would not load.

I think I am going to go jump off roof.

AIIIIIiiiiiiieeeeeeee......

*crash tinkle foomp*

Stonga
03-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Hello all,

I just downloaded this (with great anticipation!), and I keep getting an unhandled exception error whenever I try to open up a TQ (non-IT) 1.30 character. Any ideas? The dotnet file is in the TQ folder, so that is not the problem.

I am going to go through the readme to see if I missed anything. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. This is my first character and I am looking forward to passing some of his loot to an up-and-coming character or two. :)

Dave

I think you need Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 or 2.0 for it to work.

- Stonga.

Whisk33
03-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Hey I wasnt able to xfer items to and from my charaters storage and transfer areas. Is that normal/intended. Its helpful to view it, but it would be nice if we could get it as a working space also. Thanks again guys.

EDIT opps my bad..

Yusuke
03-18-2007, 05:49 PM
http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc5.rar is now available.
Along the item stats, you can now see the player's caravan private stash.
The player stash is read-only for now, you can only see it. Support for moving items to/from it is on the way.
Also, the stash shared between chars will be supported in future.

Alternate link here (http://web.sadyc.net-a.googlepages.com/TQVault_2.0sadyc5.rar), Source code here (http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc5_src.rar)

Enjoy,
--sadyc

He is working on it, but from what others have found, changing the stash is gonna be difficult as one little byte difference to the file renders it useless

bman654
03-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Hello all,

Dave

EDIT - ACK! I got it to semi-work, but the error occurred (sp?) again, and when I tried to load my character in TQ, his name was listed, but he wasn't there and would not load.

I think I am going to go jump off roof.

AIIIIIiiiiiiieeeeeeee......

*crash tinkle foomp*

Post a screen-shot of the error. I believe it will show a stack trace which comes in handy. And what version of TQVault is it?

As far as not seeing your character, since you are using TQ and not TQ:IT, you need to run TQVaultMon so that it can patch the game to allow you to see your character.

sadyc
03-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok, here's a new version: http://web.sadyc.net/TQVault_2.0sadyc6.rar
- Display Transfer Area / Stash
- Fixed item requirements for shields
- Fixed some drawing problems

Just some notes to make it clear:
- I haven't tested this with TQ without TQ-IT installed.
- I haven't tested much with TQ characters.
- TQVault 1.1 from bman has item stats displayed in a more redable form.
- If it will crash for you, specify that you're using my version!!

--sadyc

notepad
03-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the update! I'm glad to see this come out so fast--I can no longer play without this mod. :D

dave in the basement
03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Post a screen-shot of the error. I believe it will show a stack trace which comes in handy. And what version of TQVault is it?

As far as not seeing your character, since you are using TQ and not TQ:IT, you need to run TQVaultMon so that it can patch the game to allow you to see your character.

It is TQVault 2.1, which I just downloaded today. :)

Here is the screenshot, and the "detail text" below:

ImageShack - Hosting :: tqvaulterrorcroppedaz2.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tqvaulterrorcroppedaz2.jpg) (Hopefully you can see the screenie :)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TQVault.Item.ConvertOffenseAttrToString(Database db, DBRecord record, ArrayList attrList, ItemAttributesData data, String recordID, ArrayList results)
at TQVault.Item.ConvertAttrListToString(Database db, DBRecord record, ArrayList attrList, String recordID, ArrayList results)
at TQVault.Item.GetAttributesFromRecord(Database db, DBRecord record, Boolean filtering, String recordID, ArrayList results)
at TQVault.Item.GetAttributes(Database db, Boolean filtering)
at TQVault.MainForm.NewItemHighlightedCB(SackPanel sackPanel, Sack sack, Item item)
at TQVault.PlayerPanel.raise_OnNewItemHighlighted(Sac kPanel i1, Sack i2, Item i3)
at TQVault.PlayerPanel.NewItemHighlightedCB(SackPanel sackPanel, Sack sack, Item item)
at TQVault.SackPanel.raise_OnNewItemHighlighted(SackP anel i1, Sack i2, Item i3)
at TQVault.SackPanel.HighlightItemUnderMouse(Point cell)
at TQVault.SackPanel.MouseMoveCB(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEven tArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TQVault
Assembly Version: 2.1.2630.21039
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/TQVault/TQVault.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
zlib_100
Assembly Version: 1.0.2624.23531
Win32 Version: 1.0.2624.23531
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/TQVault/zlib_100.DLL
TQVaultTTLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.2629.30179
Win32 Version: 1.0.2629.30179
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/TQVault/TQVaultTTLib.DLL
VXPLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/TQVault/VXPLibrary.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
=====

I have no idea what that means, so hopefully you can decipher it. Thanks again for trying to help!

Dave

P.S. This is the error I get when trying to run TQVaultMon...and I am guessing the errors are tied together (but I obviously don't have a clue when it comes to these things). :

This version works with Titan Quest versions 1.01, 1.08, 1.11, 1.15, 1.20, 1.30

Special thanks to _spx_ for his original Character Recovery Tool. The patch engine in this program is based upon his work.
Special thanks to SoulSeekkor and his TQ Defiler for pointing me in the right direction to get started on finding the checksum.

NEW IN V1.1: If you need to override the startup program used to start Titan Quest.exe, then make a file called TQSTART.BAT
and put in this batch file the correct startup commands to launch Titan Quest. TQVaulMon will use TQSTART.BAT if it finds it

Monitoring the process list for Titan Quest.exe...

3/18/2007 8:55:05 PM: Error starting Titan Quest.
3/18/2007 8:55:05 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

3/18/2007 8:55:05 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

3/18/2007 8:55:05 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

3/18/2007 8:55:05 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

3/18/2007 8:55:05 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)

3/18/2007 8:55:05 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.bTitanQuest_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

bman654
03-18-2007, 10:54 PM
That bug has been fixed with version 2.11 (http://www.titanquest.net/forums/immortal-throne-gameplay/13426-tqvault-2-0-released-adds-support-immortal-throne-10.html)

Calienon
03-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Don't know how I was planning on living without this. Tried to not use any
3rd-party tools after installing TQIT, but can't avoid this one... Thanks! :)

Yusuke
03-18-2007, 11:41 PM
That bug has been fixed with version 2.11 (http://www.titanquest.net/forums/immortal-throne-gameplay/13426-tqvault-2-0-released-adds-support-immortal-throne-10.html)
w00t! Thanks for the great update and all your hard work :)

but ermm, the link you posted just takes ya to page ten of this thread, methinks you meant to post this link http://www.titanquest.net/forums/gameplay/13999-tqvault-2-11-released.html or maybe even just a link right to the Vault Download :) TQVault 2.11 -- Titan Quest: Immortal Throne Vault (http://titanquestvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ToolsandEditors.Detail&id=6)

Battleseed
03-19-2007, 04:24 AM
With the previous version I had a staff that if I moused over it, I got an exception error. That error does not happen anymore with the new version, but now it does something new. The name does not display correctly and it adds stats that the staff does not actualy have.
Here it is in TQVault
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Battleseed/Image1.jpg

And then in game...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Battleseed/image1a.jpg

Hope the pics help.

Battleseed
03-19-2007, 04:24 AM
Here is another staff that is doing the same thing with the name and stats. This one did not have errors in the previous version.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Battleseed/Image2.jpg

And in game...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Battleseed/image2a.jpg

dave in the basement
03-19-2007, 07:47 AM

Hi bman654,

Are you refferring to the error I mentioned? If so, THANKS! :D

Any idea if my character will be recoverable?

Dave

Whisk33
03-19-2007, 07:53 AM
@battleseed Is it only cold staff attacks that are adding a 30% slow effect? Are anying light for fire staffs doing the same thing. Are ALL cold staff experiencing the same thing?

bman654
03-19-2007, 10:04 AM
@dave: yes your character is recoverable. But you need to use TQ Defiler to recover it. You are one of the small # of people for which TQVaultMon will not work and so must use TQ Defiler.

@battleseed: I'll investigate. The name thing is normal. TQVault shows the flavor text sometimes in the name where the game doesn't. I'll investigate the stats. But unfortunately sometimes there are extra stats in the item data that do not show up in the game. I don't know what enables/disables the extra stats. Probably not much I can do.

bman654
03-19-2007, 10:14 AM
ok I think I know how to filter out these odd stats. Hopefully I don't get anything that is supposed to be there.

Battleseed
03-19-2007, 11:29 AM
@battleseed Is it only cold staff attacks that are adding a 30% slow effect? Are anying light for fire staffs doing the same thing. Are ALL cold staff experiencing the same thing?

Those 2 staffs are the only ones I had noticed it with. Then again, they were the only ones I had on my char at the time of running the new TQVault. Will check today if it seems to be cold only or some others are having issues as well.

@battleseed: I'll investigate. The name thing is normal. TQVault shows the flavor text sometimes in the name where the game doesn't. I'll investigate the stats. But unfortunately sometimes there are extra stats in the item data that do not show up in the game. I don't know what enables/disables the extra stats. Probably not much I can do.

I wasnt too worried about it. Just wanted to make you aware that it was something new happening with this latest version. Thanks for all yout hard work on this great utility.

jdr37
03-19-2007, 06:20 PM
What's the best way totransfer items from TQVault 1.62 to 2.11?? I have started a new game in TQ IM 1.3 and would like to keep the stuff I have from previous TQ1.2.
Thanks

dave in the basement
03-19-2007, 07:23 PM
@dave: yes your character is recoverable. But you need to use TQ Defiler to recover it. You are one of the small # of people for which TQVaultMon will not work and so must use TQ Defiler.

Cheers for the assistance, bman! Using TQVault and TQ Defiler I was able to "undead" my character and transfer items. Many thanks! :clap:

Dave

bman654
03-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Step 1. Download 2.11
Step 2. Install
Step 3. Run TQVault 2.11
Step 4. Get the stuff out of your vault and/or characters

jdr37
03-21-2007, 10:57 AM
bman, all I can say about TQVault 2.11 is FANTASTIC JOB --- THANKS.

Battleseed
03-23-2007, 01:50 PM

Ok, confirmed it. All the cold based staffs are showing the 30% slow.

Paradox
03-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Is there a zipped version of TQvault anywhere? you know without the installer.

sadyc
03-25-2007, 05:22 AM
Is there a zipped version of TQvault anywhere? you know without the installer.
There isn't one. The installer is required because it needs to register a .DLL with Windows.

--sadyc

Paradox
03-25-2007, 05:28 AM
Well I downloaded a zipped version of yours sadyc and it works fine so... nevermind.

(obviously doesn't need an installer after all)

Kardiophylax
04-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Am I correct in stating that sadyc's version supports transferring from the caravan but bman's does not? Also, bman's shows item stats and sadyc's does not. Is this correct? I have tried bman's latest, but I guess I need .net framework installed for sadyc's.

SoulSeekkor
04-02-2007, 01:47 PM
No, the caravan is read-only in both to prevent losing it by editing it. Both have item stats (partial), but some may have trouble with flickering from what I read in sadyc's version.

dave in the basement
04-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Hello all,

I just transferred some items using TQVault 2.11, but when I restarted my game, all of the quest information was gone. Any idea on how (or if!), I can recover my level 36 Ritualist?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Yusuke
04-02-2007, 10:49 PM
There should be a backup folder in your character folder (my documents\my games\titan quest(titan quest - immortal throne)\save data\charactername\). Use whats in there to restore your character

dave in the basement
04-03-2007, 07:16 AM
There should be a backup folder in your character folder (my documents\my games\titan quest(titan quest - immortal throne)\save data\charactername\). Use whats in there to restore your character

Thanks, Yusuke. Do I copy over the player.chr file, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Yusuke
04-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks, Yusuke. Do I copy over the player.chr file, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
All that ya should need for the quests is the .que files, quest.myw and questtoken.myw in the difficulty your ins folder(normal, epic, legendary...it'd be like My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest or Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\Yourcharname\Backup\Levels_World_World01.ma p\Normal (and/or Epic, Legendary)). It'd probly be easier and less time consuming to just copy the whole 'Levels_World_World01.map' folder from the backup to your character names folder, overwriting whatever is already there

dave in the basement
04-03-2007, 04:46 PM
All that ya should need for the quests is the .que files, quest.myw and questtoken.myw in the difficulty your ins folder(normal, epic, legendary...it'd be like My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest or Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\Yourcharname\Backup\Levels_World_World01.ma p\Normal (and/or Epic, Legendary)). It'd probly be easier and less time consuming to just copy the whole 'Levels_World_World01.map' folder from the backup to your character names folder, overwriting whatever is already there

Thanks for trying, Yusuke, but that didn't work.

Any other ideas, folks? I'll beg if that will help. :)

bman654
04-03-2007, 05:33 PM
it's impossible to say what happened to them. TQVault has never been known to mess with anyone's quests. If you have copied the files back and TQ still will not recognize them then there is not much you can do.
Even with the quests reset, you should still have all your portal connections. And TQ Defiler will let you set the res. shrine to whatever you want (I don't know if it has the Hades shrines in it yet). It shouldn't be *too* difficult to pick back up on the quest chain where you left off since you can just town-hop to deal with the main quest.

Paradox
04-03-2007, 06:18 PM
can someone zip up their vault folder and upload it somewher efor me please?

dave in the basement
04-03-2007, 08:57 PM
it's impossible to say what happened to them. TQVault has never been known to mess with anyone's quests. If you have copied the files back and TQ still will not recognize them then there is not much you can do.
Even with the quests reset, you should still have all your portal connections. And TQ Defiler will let you set the res. shrine to whatever you want (I don't know if it has the Hades shrines in it yet). It shouldn't be *too* difficult to pick back up on the quest chain where you left off since you can just town-hop to deal with the main quest.

Thanks, bman. I didn't think TQVault was the cuprit (based on some other bug threads), but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for trying. :) I still love the vault. :D

Dave

vincentxweb
04-16-2007, 02:13 AM
Hi, I just wanted to say I have the exact same problem as Dave after using TQVault 2.11 (my quests got borked), so it's not just him. The solution offered didn't work either.

Belhawk
04-16-2007, 02:38 AM
unique chance multipler is greyed out for IT in the latest version.
the game now crashes to desk top when chests and bone piles are opened.
discovered problem, when i pasted the new file over the old file, the chest multipler changed from 35 to 65, which is out of range, so caused both problems. LOL

SoulSeekkor
04-16-2007, 11:53 AM
The latest Elysion had updated Raven's mods (that he updated), in so doing he changed the locations which overwrote where I placed the Unique Chance and Chest mods...which if you play after doing this will cause crashes when opening chests. The latest Defiler has his new code and I've also updated the locations for the other 2 mods so they won't conflict anymore, you'll need to use the 'Restore' button in the Defiler to get your original files, then apply the mods again, or redownload them. Sorry, there wasn't anything I could do to get around this except update my locations.

Belhawk
04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
i like the new mod that keeps items on the ground showing.
i did notice that i can't equip shields that where i don't meet the requirements, just like with weapons. Is this because the mod is done by slots, and the hand slots weren't done?
Great mods, keep up the good work.

dave in the basement
04-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Where are vault files stored, please? Thanks in advance!

Dave

BlueSky
04-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Where are vault files stored, please? Thanks in advance!

Dave

My Documents/My Games/Titan Quest/TQVaultData

Good Luck!

Belhawk
04-18-2007, 03:34 AM
something is up with the unique chance multiplier, fayum's 2 chests yielded only 4 epic items per chest with the mod set to 50. the rest are mostly yellows. this is defferent from what i got in previous versions.
the mod to allow u to ignore item requirements works for armor, rings, artifacts, and amulets, but not weapons or shields.
LEVEL 42 chacracter
+5 chest, x5 unique
large coffer 8 yellow, 1 green, 2 gold
coffer 8 yellow, 1 gold
coffer 3 potion, 3 yellow, 1 gold
larfe coffer 6 yellow, 2 potion, 1 gold
majestic 1- 9 yellow, 1 gold
majestic 2- 6 yellow, 2 green, 2 gold, 1 potion

50 xhest, x50

coffer 2 yellow, 1 gold
coffer 2 yellow, 2 gold, 1 blue
large coffer 3 yellow, 2 gold, 3 blue
coffer 2 yellow, 1 blue
majectic 1- 4 yellow, 2 gold, 1 potion, 5 blue
majectic 2-4 yellow, 1 gold, 7 blue

+50 chest, x15 unique

large coffer 1 yellow, 2 potions, 2 blue
coffer 3 yellow, 1 gold
large coffer 2 yellow, 3 gold, 1 potion, 1 blue
coffer 2 yellow, 1 gold, 1 blue
majectic 1- 4 yellow, 2 gold, 2 blue
majectic 2- 4 yellow, 3 gold, 3 blue

GRum
04-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Hello all!!
I got this problem:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8848/pfffffffffav8.jpg

Umm w00t? :cry:

Everything seems to be fine tho, .NET 1.1 installed, no files missing etc..
But what's wrong with resources? o.O

Butcherski
04-29-2007, 04:55 PM
bman are you planing to release any new version ? Maybe its something wrong with my pc but tqvault doesnt show set items properlym onle the stats are displayed but not the set name/pieces. Same goes with arcane formulaes, even tho tqvault helps a little its still uselesss when it comes to relic/artifact storage... thx in advance

bman654
05-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Here is v2.12 (http://www.savefile.com/files/685474). I don't have the energy to make an installer so install 2.11 and then replace the exe with this version.

It show reagents, set info, and granted skills and artifact completion bonuses.

Magic101
05-02-2007, 02:50 AM
Thanks alot for the update Bman, the extra info shown is a real help.
Keep up the excellent work here mate! :clap:

vfvs11a
05-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Just a thought....would it be possible to add a way to edit items stored in the vault?

Even just basic stuff like resists, damage, 10% chances ? Or give me the name of a program that may already allow editing of the vault database file.

Thanks, and great work to all the modders!

Paradox
05-02-2007, 06:22 AM
hooray a no installer version.

Kajsa
05-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the update Bman, I very much enjoy using your program to enhance my TQ experience. :headbang:

Minervian
05-03-2007, 12:39 AM
hooray a no installer version.

Mm? Just to be clear, bman has provided a new 2.12 TQvault.exe to overwrite the 2.11 version, so you still need to install TQvault 2.11, then overwrite with the new tqvault.exe.

And it works fabulous! nice to be able to see the artifact bonuses!

mamba
05-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Just a thought....would it be possible to add a way to edit items stored in the vault?

Even just basic stuff like resists, damage, 10% chances ? Or give me the name of a program that may already allow editing of the vault database file.

No, all info is not stored in the item but in the TQ database, so you cannot edit the item itself, you will need to edit the TQ database.

The only info stored in the item itself is a random seed which allows for the random boost of the bonuses (e.g. whether you get +6% or +7% for a bonus, not what bonuses there are).

For yellow / green items, also the prefix and postfix is stored in the item, so these would theoretically be editable, I do not know of a program which does this though.

sadyc
05-03-2007, 05:00 AM
The only info stored in the item itself is a random seed which allows for the random boost of the bonuses (e.g. whether you get +6% or +7% for a bonus, not what bonuses there are).

You can use any hexeditor to edit the random seed for the random bonuses. However since we don't know the formula to compute the effect, you'll have to change to a value and see ingame if it suits you.

--sadyc

iTZKooPA
05-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Awesome work bman, love the feature that lets you see the stats now.

Although the launching of TQ from TQMon doesn't work under Vista, don't know if you've bothered testing that part yet since you may not have it.

bman654
05-03-2007, 12:42 PM
it's not a vista problem. that hasn't worked since I changed the program to allow it to be installed in any folder. If you install it into the TQ folder itself then that feature will work. It's just one of those things I've not gotten around to fixing.

iTZKooPA
05-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Yea I tried moving it after I had installed it to the default directory.
DON'T DO THAT.
It completley screwed up and won't patch the character now so TQ won't load him. Trying to fix it...Already tried re-installing TQVault and that didn't help, same errors.

BMAN update the first thread with the v2.12 version, its pretty buried.

Installed 2.11 then put in the 2.12 exe. I move something in TQVault then load up TQMon and this happens:

Monitoring the process list for Titan Quest.exe...

5/3/2007 1:26:23 PM: Titan Quest successfully started with pid=884
5/3/2007 1:26:23 PM: Titan Quest Startup Detected (pid=884).
5/3/2007 1:26:23 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller

5/3/2007 1:26:23 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.SetPrivilege(String privilegeName, Int32 attrib)

5/3/2007 1:26:23 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnterDebugMode()

5/3/2007 1:26:23 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.PatchProcess(Process process)

5/3/2007 1:26:23 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.FindAndPatchTQProcess()

5/3/2007 1:26:23 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
5/3/2007 1:26:25 PM: Titan Quest Startup Detected (pid=884).
5/3/2007 1:26:25 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller

5/3/2007 1:26:25 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.SetPrivilege(String privilegeName, Int32 attrib)

5/3/2007 1:26:25 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnterDebugMode()

5/3/2007 1:26:25 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.PatchProcess(Process process)

5/3/2007 1:26:25 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.FindAndPatchTQProcess()

5/3/2007 1:26:25 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
5/3/2007 1:26:27 PM: Titan Quest Startup Detected (pid=884).
5/3/2007 1:26:27 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller

5/3/2007 1:26:27 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.SetPrivilege(String privilegeName, Int32 attrib)

5/3/2007 1:26:27 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnterDebugMode()

5/3/2007 1:26:27 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.PatchProcess(Process process)

5/3/2007 1:26:27 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.FindAndPatchTQProcess()

5/3/2007 1:26:27 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
5/3/2007 1:26:29 PM: Titan Quest Startup Detected (pid=884).
5/3/2007 1:26:29 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller

5/3/2007 1:26:29 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.SetPrivilege(String privilegeName, Int32 attrib)

5/3/2007 1:26:29 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnterDebugMode()

5/3/2007 1:26:29 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.PatchProcess(Process process)

5/3/2007 1:26:29 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.FindAndPatchTQProcess()

5/3/2007 1:26:29 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
5/3/2007 1:26:31 PM: Titan Quest Startup Detected (pid=884).
5/3/2007 1:26:31 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller

5/3/2007 1:26:31 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.SetPrivilege(String privilegeName, Int32 attrib)

5/3/2007 1:26:31 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnterDebugMode()

5/3/2007 1:26:31 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.PatchProcess(Process process)

5/3/2007 1:26:31 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.FindAndPatchTQProcess()

5/3/2007 1:26:31 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
5/3/2007 1:26:33 PM: Titan Quest Startup Detected (pid=884).
5/3/2007 1:26:33 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller

5/3/2007 1:26:33 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.SetPrivilege(String privilegeName, Int32 attrib)

5/3/2007 1:26:33 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnterDebugMode()

5/3/2007 1:26:33 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.PatchProcess(Process process)

5/3/2007 1:26:33 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.FindAndPatchTQProcess()

5/3/2007 1:26:33 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
5/3/2007 1:26:35 PM: Titan Quest Startup Detected (pid=884).
5/3/2007 1:26:35 PM: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller

5/3/2007 1:26:35 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.SetPrivilege(String privilegeName, Int32 attrib)

5/3/2007 1:26:35 PM: at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnterDebugMode()

5/3/2007 1:26:35 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.PatchProcess(Process process)

5/3/2007 1:26:35 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.FindAndPatchTQProcess()

5/3/2007 1:26:35 PM: at TQVaultMon.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I am gonna copy the char over to my XP box and see what happens...

The Vista files worked fine in XP using the old version of TQVault to patch the characters. I dunno if its a Vista problem but that would be my guess.

bman654
05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Run tqvaultmon as Administrator if you are using Vista. (Rclick the shortcut then choose "Run As Administrator". Or if you use TQVault to start TQVaultMon, then run TQVault as administrator.

iTZKooPA
05-03-2007, 10:15 PM
My account is admin so don't know why that should really matter. Will check it out.

bman654
05-03-2007, 10:27 PM
In Vista being logged in as admin is not full access unless you either do as suggested or turn off the UAC protection which I do not recommend.

Psimon
05-08-2007, 07:01 AM
First of all, great stuff Bman. I had nearly twenty or more mules & coordinating items between them, not to mention keeping lists so I'd know what set items or fomulae reagents I had was a real PITA. TQVault is a real blessing.

I have a few basic (or Noob) questions for you or the community at large:

1. What exactly is TQVaultMon and how does it work? I couldn't find much in the readme version save that it "prevents TQ from detecting inventory changes".

The program seems to work fine without it,and I haven't yet seen a problem.. . . . but I haven't ran the Vault and game simultaneously, either.

2. Is there a "dump all" button that transfers all items in the character inventory to a vault?

3. Lots of trading folks say "TQ Vault Only" for trades. Why, what does it mean, and how is this accomplished?

4. This doesn't access the caravan, right? Nor worn / wielded items?

Whisk33
05-08-2007, 07:24 AM
1. What exactly is TQVaultMon and how does it work? I couldn't find much in the readme version save that it "prevents TQ from detecting inventory changes".

The program seems to work fine without it,and I haven't yet seen a problem.. . . . but I haven't ran the Vault and game simultaneously, either.

2. Is there a "dump all" button that transfers all items in the character inventory to a vault?

3. Lots of trading folks say "TQ Vault Only" for trades. Why, what does it mean, and how is this accomplished?

4. This doesn't access the caravan, right? Nor worn / wielded items?
1) original TQ checked your character for validity. TQ:IT no longer has this check and has now made TQMon useless.

2)Not that I know of

3) TQVault saves each "vault" as a file. When people trade here they don't trade they just copy their vaults. They dupe. Thats why most people do not trade because its just a matter of duping or using a hacked map and picking up the items you would like.

4) Correct. Correct.

Paradox
05-08-2007, 07:28 AM
3) TQVault saves each "vault" as a file. When people trade here they don't trade they just copy their vaults. They dupe. Thats why most people do not trade because its just a matter of duping or using a hacked map and picking up the items you would like.

why would anyone dupe when trading items? i your going to dupe, you might aswell just pick up the items you need off maps? hence duping is pointless and stupid.

Psimon
05-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks. I suspected vault trades involved duping, so I'll avoid those declaring "vault trades only". What a boring way to gain items.

bman654
05-09-2007, 12:45 AM
actually trading via vault files does not necessarily mean duping. Trading via vault files allows you to conduct the trade via email without having to actually setup a time to meet in-game.

Whisk33
05-09-2007, 07:44 AM
actually trading via vault files does not necessarily mean duping. Trading via vault files allows you to conduct the trade via email without having to actually setup a time to meet in-game.

true, but once you attach the file to an email and then you have already duplicated the file. And there is no guarente that the item you want is in your email you recieve, so... well I think it's obvious where I stand on trading items in TQ but that isn't the point.

Trading by vault files makes life much much easier especially with a game that is played around the world.

TenkaKai
05-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Can the vault be made bigger?

I'm still managing to fill it up and i rarely farm for any extended periods, i quite like trophy collecting, it's the only real engaging challenge in the game.

wolfrium
05-09-2007, 08:21 AM
At the risk of being wrong, I'm going to step in here and say "no, you can't make the vault bigger"

You CAN make another vault though : over on the right where there is the dropdown for what vault to view (starts on "main" I think) there is an option for "create new vault" simply choose that, name it something, and packrat away!

Heh... I've lost count of how many vaults I have... I need to go back and organize/rename them so finding stuff will be easier.

-Wolfrium

TenkaKai
05-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Ah thanks, don't know why I didn't see that there before.

Yeah organisation is a pain in the bollocks. Especially given that I horde every interesting thing I find, useful or not.

iTZKooPA
05-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Yea I save EVERYTHING blue or better and even some greens that I think could come in handy for other characters.

Psimon
05-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Ah thanks, don't know why I didn't see that there before.

Yeah organisation is a pain in the bollocks. Especially given that I horde every interesting thing I find, useful or not.

heh, I'm so obsessive I even save the Easter Eggs.

Yusuke
05-09-2007, 02:42 PM
heh, I'm so obsessive I even save the Easter Eggs.
lol and here i thought i was the only one that did that :p

TenkaKai
05-09-2007, 03:17 PM
What the game really needs is a treasure room, they went to a huge effort to make all the gear look pretty and once you find it, it just sits in a chest next to a pile of 1/2 finished relics.

I killed a freaking god, build me a treasure room you peasants!

I had the most awesome treasure vaults in Morrowind.

bman654
05-10-2007, 10:44 AM
lol and here i thought i was the only one that did that :p

Why do you think the last version I did had a bugfix just for them? :p

Whisk33
05-11-2007, 12:03 PM
I can't search through the whole thread again... can you spoon feed me?

Why are so many of the level reqs off?
Not a single one of my legendary shields have the correct lvl req. None of the Tracker's set and a bunch of my rings too. Very sad it is.

Lillis
05-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Would it be possible to make a feature in TQVault so that you could move multiple items in a single stroke? Kind of the same as when you select multiple files in explorer and copy/cut/delete (or whatever it is that you do with files) all of them at once. My trigger finger, not to mention my wrist, is starting to hurt badly. ;)

Whisk33
05-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Would it be possible to make a feature in TQVault so that you could move multiple items in a single stroke? Kind of the same as when you select multiple files in explorer and copy/cut/delete (or whatever it is that you do with files) all of them at once. My trigger finger, not to mention my wrist, is starting to hurt badly. ;)

Holy beans I would enjoy this... Relics and monster charms... yikes...

Lillis
05-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Holy beans I would enjoy this... Relics and monster charms... yikes...

You hit the jackpot; exactly what I was thinking of, heh.

Psimon
05-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm also beginning to notice a lot of the level requirements displayed by TQ Vault are incorrect, so far 2-5 levels below requirements in the game.

My new Oracle just hit 38th, I did a lil' dance of joy-joy as I'd been playing hard to get there. Imported 3 pieces of the Archmage's set and a nice item,the Mindrage Robe, only to find out they required levels 40-43. Unhappy camper, I.

snooker
06-08-2007, 05:59 AM
Hi ..

I got a problem with tqvault. I have used 2.11 without any problems (great program). But suddenly i had used it and swapped ack to TQ IT but it had some problem and couldnt use it. Had to shutdown the pc (with the button).

Now TQvault wont start and i lost some items on the char i was editing last. Not a big deal about the items but would like to get tqvault going again. here is the error.

Thx in advance

snooker
06-08-2007, 10:08 AM
nevermind got it working..

The main vault was corrupt..

TimberWolf
06-08-2007, 12:07 PM

If this is too difficult, perhaps right clicking on an item in character inventory moves it into current vault bag and vice versa would help :)

Amish Lou
06-29-2007, 02:27 PM
I can't even get past installing v2.11 to try the 2.12 fix. It says the source file is corrupted when I try to install v2.11.

RobotPants
07-01-2007, 02:24 AM
You've posted this in a few threads already, but you haven't said whether or not you've tried downloading the files again.

Amish Lou
07-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Sorry. I downloaded it a third time and it worked.

imRickJames.
07-01-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm using TQIT in english but since I updated TQVault to 2.12 the item stats are in german

garvandule
07-07-2007, 06:01 AM
I need the sadyc's version of the vault, so that i can view the storage areas, but i cant find it anywhere. The link in the previous posts in this thread isn't working, pls could anyone post a link to it !

SoulSeekkor
07-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Don't have another way at the moment to get ahold of you Bman, so I hope you reply to this...thanks to Ian's help in the right direction here:
http://www.titanquest.net/forums/technical-issues/13231-how-do-you-transfer-save-files-caravan-storage-5.html

I was able to figure out how to calculate the new check for the caravan files, which will allow me to rename/copy characters without losing the caravan and also "fix" caravans that were moved from another computer to work correctly. This new code could be added to the Vault to allow editing of the storage areas, reply if you get this.

Soul

Citanul
08-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm unable to start either TQ or TQVault from TQVaultMon.
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7940/probve9.jpg

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Greets!

EJFudd
08-20-2007, 11:58 AM
It looks like it cannot find the exe files.
Is everything in the same directory? Maybe there is something in your path that is giving TQVaultMon problems. What is your path?
Are you using IT? If so you do not even need TQVaultMon.
What is your game installation path?

Citanul
08-20-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm not using IT. But you must be right, I didn't install the game on the default directory, I put it on D:/Jogos/Titan Quest .

What can I do to change it? Do I have to recompile TQVault (odd) ?

EJFudd
08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
That should be okay. It actually pulls the TQ install directory from the registry. Have you tried putting everything into the same directory?

Citanul
08-20-2007, 10:32 PM
What do you mean by everything?

EJFudd
08-22-2007, 10:07 PM
The TQVault program files.

FreeImage.dll
TQVault.exe
TQVaultMon.exe
TQVaultTTLib.dll
VXPLibrary.dll
zlib_100.dll

into your TQ installation directory.

Also check that you can access the registry entry for TQ installation location:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Iron Lore\Titan Quest]
"Install Location"

Citanul
08-22-2007, 10:50 PM
It worked when I put the files inside the game path.

Thanks for the advice mate!

imRickJames.
08-23-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm having a problem with TQVault 2.12.
I bought TQ and TQIT in German and downloaded the English item names and stats. This works but when I'm using TQVault 2.12 the names and stats are no longer in English. How to fix this ?

EJFudd
08-23-2007, 11:22 PM
TQVault reads the language from the options file in the game save folder. Is that set to English? If that fails then it uses the language of the OS.

imRickJames.
08-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Using version 2.11 works in English.
But I looked the option files up and both say English but in the TQIT options file is a line named Datapath and its undefined. Maybe I have to define it.

EJFudd
08-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Does it work in 2.13 since it's a branch of 2.11?

sbach2o
08-30-2007, 03:40 AM
Does it work in 2.13 since it's a branch of 2.11?

I had the same problem as the poster above; 2.12 showed German item info with the English versions installed.

2.13 is working okay for me.

imRickJames.
08-30-2007, 10:15 AM
2.13 is German for me anyways

EJFudd
09-01-2007, 11:13 AM
When you say both files are you referring to the TQIT files
options.txt and defaults.txt?
OR the TQ and TQIT options.txt?

Most of the strings come from the TQ (not TQIT) language setting.

Ninjawulf
04-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Hey just reinstalled TQ-IT today and getting back to using TQ Vault. How do you open up items people sent you through an email?

I_Raps
04-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Aftr installing TQVault, you should have a folder called
\My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest\TQVaultData

Put the .vault files you've received in that folder and you can use them without any further ado.

PANAGIOTIS_M
01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
hey guys..i would like to make my own items.i am a noob and i dont know how to do that.could you help me?please describe in details..thanks in advance..:)

vorbis
01-05-2010, 04:28 PM
False thread, but there you go: http://www.titanquest.net/forums/tutorials/33534-howto-create-custom-item-get-ingame.html