PDA

View Full Version : New character, need help!

hunter0killah
03-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Well i've started a new character because my other one was kinda messed up.
I need some tips on making my new character a good character. I want to be able to use duel wield and be very powerful, what should i put my skill points in and my stat points in?

Infares
03-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Run a search on Assassin or Harbinger. ^^b

That's probably all you need to know for now. I'd suggest getting an even mix of Dex and Str for both for a while.

South of Heaven
03-10-2007, 02:35 AM
For crazy damage, drop the dual-wield thought and replace the "Warfare" mastery with "Hunting" and have your secondary mastery be "Defense". Use mainly spears.

It's sick the DPS you can create. By the end of normal, I was dealing out 1500 DPS. Now I'm up to 5800 DPS near the end of Epic (I love you Pendant of Immortal Rage).

But if you honestly want to go dual-wield, make sure you back it up with something that adds strength and dexterity each time, so a good secondary mastery with Warfare would be Defense, Hunting, or Rogue. You can't really go wrong with any of 'em.

I wouldn't worry bout putting points into Health until you've maxed out both mastery's at 32/32. Until then, drop att. points in Strength and Dex, and maybe energy every now and then. Once you hit 32/32, start putting one in Health every now and then.

Trade around a bit and try and get some good low-level epic weapons/armor to help you out early on (I suggest you download TQVault to help trading).

hunter0killah
03-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Run a search on Assassin or Harbinger. ^^b

That's probably all you need to know for now. I'd suggest getting an even mix of Dex and Str for both for a while.

Are there any threads on building up a Harbinger? I ran a search but i didn't find what i needed :errf:

I'm level 11 with 33 DPS on the other side of the Parnassus cave, is that good? Or should i go back and level some more?

South of Heaven
03-10-2007, 04:30 PM
It might help to level up maybe one or two more times.

hunter0killah
03-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I just got Immortal Throne! What skills should i put my skill point in? I'm a Harbriger.

The Rock-man
03-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Duel-wield for starters, Onslaught and upgrades (not hamstring), 1 point in Phantom Strike and max its upgrade. Get 1 Trance IMO this should be ToC to start with and maybe move to ToE or ToW later on.

Also 1 point in Distort Reality and max its upgrade Temporal Rift this is a very nice skill 7 seconds of petrify (that is stun + perma crit on mobs.)

Battle Standed and its upgrade are very nice as well.

hunter0killah
03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Any armor sets and swords i should look out for? I'm more of a swordsman than an axe and spear man. ;)