PDA

View Full Version : IT legendaries/epics dropping only in the 4th act?!

Veveritz
03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I made like 100 legendary Typhon runs in IT and got like 50 legendaries/epics, and guess what? None of those were IT specific (were all things that existed in TQ before the update). But from Hades in legendary i got 2 legendaries that appeared in IT. The same thing happened with my templar in normal. I got only epics that existed in TQ before IT and once i got into act 4, i started getting epics specific to IT. I don't know if it happends only to me, but this would be kinda uncool especially for the characters having the dream mastery (no +skill items for dream mastery till act 4, no items designed for dream mastery till act 4 etc). Could someone confirm if legendary/epic items (armor, weapons, jewelry) that appeared in IT drop in the first 3 acts too?

LordDivine
03-09-2007, 09:36 PM
As far as i can recall of my drops so far while gaming IT i have the same experience. Artifact formula's i think are the only new / IT specific items i've found in act 1-3... no new items till i hit act 4.

MR2_Pilot
03-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Same here, IT new items in Act-IV

clive
03-10-2007, 06:01 AM
Same.

Thalys
03-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Yes. It´s definitely like you guess. IT Items only exist in Act IV...:errf:

Dominiq
03-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Oh , more features that have never been given enough thought and will never be fixed ? Neato ...

Darth Executor
03-10-2007, 09:37 AM
They probably did it this way so people without IT can't have those items drop when in a game with people who do have IT.

MR2_Pilot
03-10-2007, 10:32 AM
They probably did it this way so people without IT can't have those items drop when in a game with people who do have IT.

I didn't think TQ only players could play on-line with IT players!

Terca
03-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I've experienced the same, IT items are only in act4, artifact reciepes are found in the other acts though, found my first at level 5 or so :)

The Rock-man
03-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Darth Executor you cant play with IT char without also be playing an IT char yourself. TQ 1.30 and TQ:IT 1.1 are incompatible. I would of thought some Dream mastery items would drop before act 4, in this case dream has been nerfed item wise, compared to the other masteries :( .

Infares
03-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Now this really needs a fix, for Dream to be a proper mastery it needs low level support in Epics and whatnot.

Has anyone found any yellows or greens with + dream skills and if so have they found them outside of act IV?

lothos
03-12-2007, 07:34 AM
I played IT a bit yesterday after finally getting it. I had several yellows drop both throughout Greece as well as Act 4 that had +dreams stuff on it and sleep dmg etc...

Arbedark
03-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Now this really needs a fix, for Dream to be a proper mastery it needs low level support in Epics and whatnot.

Has anyone found any yellows or greens with + dream skills and if so have they found them outside of act IV?

Yeah. I've found the usual +1 Dream skills amulets for sale from Athens onward on normal.

Not found any new epics before act IV though.

big_orneau
03-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Same here.
This needs a really quick fix :knockout: Plz inform the devs !!! :goth:

Bene Gesserit
03-12-2007, 12:53 PM
A vendor was selling a +1 skill to dream mastery neck in Egypt on Normal...so IT items DO exist in the old world.

Evil666
03-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Same here !

Arbedark
03-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Just found a new green affix in act 2 Epic (has +5% TOTAL damage on it).

So looks like rares (not monster infrequents) can drop outside of act IV too.

The Rock-man
03-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Cough they are items made up of random affixes and prefixes, we are talking about blues and purps, and none before act 4 = nerf dream chars :(.

lothos
03-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Cough they are items made up of random affixes and prefixes, we are talking about blues and purps, and none before act 4 = nerf dream chars :(.

Infares asked if people had seen yellow/greens before act 4 and the answer is yes.

As for blues, I'll double check, I had thought I had one item with +sleep dmg on it from Greece epic. I'll double check though.

Arbedark
03-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Infares asked if people had seen yellow/greens before act 4 and the answer is yes.

As for blues, I'll double check, I had thought I had one item with +sleep dmg on it from Greece epic. I'll double check though.

Indeed, and I was merely pointing out that GREENS as well as YELLOWS could spawn in acts other than IV. BUT also saying that I haven't seen a blue or purple before act IV, HENCE I think it's also bugged.

Edit: Reply aimed at Rock.

Infares
03-12-2007, 06:53 PM
If dream-specific greens can drop then Dream characters aren't totally nerfed, they just don't get to have the epeen 'I R TEH DRAEM MASTREZ' unique set uniform like other classes get.

Veveritz
03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
If dream-specific greens can drop then Dream characters aren't totally nerfed, they just don't get to have the epeen 'I R TEH DRAEM MASTREZ' unique set uniform like other classes get.

Is not all about the dream mastery being nerfed. Some of us use to farm Typhon or other bosses in acts 1-3 (at least i do) and that means no IT blue/purple loot. And the IT specific blue/purples are not only dream mastery related, some good gear coming for the other classes too. It doesn't look too good for me now... :/

lothos
03-12-2007, 07:43 PM
are uyou saying that people ahve to switch to act 4 farming now instead??

Infares
03-12-2007, 08:35 PM
And that could be problematic especially in Legendary, although you could probably do the orb bosses repeatedly.

Wart
06-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Sorry for the necro post, I'm assuming this theory has long ago been discarded, but *just* in case it hasn't I thought I should post to say that I've seen a blue dream item drop from the epic minotaur/telkine run
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/279/tqmisc1rn1.jpg

Hope that's some help :)

Calypso
06-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Hopefully my next major character is Nature... I can only seem to get Nature related gear drops when my Dream/Earth Evoker is still forced to buy gear from a vendor.

Throughout all of normal I have seen very few +skills items at vendor (and always for hunting or defense, boooo!)

Wart
06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Class specific +1 skill adder amulets turn up pretty often in the shops from about Normal Chang'an onwards IME; If you're *really* desperate for one for a particular class you could always shop hop until one turns up, but it could take a while :knockout:

As far as class specific drops go I *know* what you mean!
I think IL may have developed some kind of mind reading software which determines what classes any player is least interested in, and drops skill adders for those classes :D I swear I've found more rogue adders than for all the mage classes put together, & while I respect the awesome "leetness" of the brigand (& am very tempted to try one next) rogue is one of the classes which attracts me least in terms of it's possibilities for combo-ing with other classes. Just MHO. *shrug*