PDA

View Full Version : Monster Negative resistances - how far can they go down?

Kardiophylax
03-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I have what I hope is a simple question. I've been playing my bow sage through the IT expansion, and I am focusing on a lot of cold damage. I have squall maxed as well as its synergy to lower enemy resistances. I'm wondering if maxing Flush Out in the hunting tree would be beneficial or not? I read that enemy resistances can go negative causing increased damage, but is there a limit to how negative they can go? I hate to waste points on something that's not having any effect. Thanks for your help.

claudius
03-10-2007, 01:21 AM
I don't think it would be a waste. My reason is that enemies who you are 'over negative' you are probably crushing anyways. You don't need to cast jack on them.

What makes your skill dollar golden is when you can survive 1) and 2) damage heavily enemies that are resistant. There are some heavily elemental resistant enemies in TQ.

Obviously if you make an extreme and have ALL your points in flush out and squall synergy in normal early epic maybe you go overboard???

Edit: my experience comes from trying to debuff with both poison knives and plague with an illusionist...its actually unlikely that you will ACTIVELY debuff a given enemy with BOTH skills. Don't get me wrong it will happen a lot but 1/2 the guys get through with only 1 or the other debuff. Thats ok for an illusionist with DOTS pets and traps but I don't know about active bow shooter. I don't think you can hit with two debuffs and apply your element unless its a boss who is occupied with pets. Its a long shot.