View Full Version : NOOB Help
03-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Im currently a lvl 32 BattleMage using DW and Onslaught getting set to take on Typhon for first time in Normal. Ive heard horror stories so any advice would be apprecieted.
Also: I totally sucked it up with this build so this char will be retired after normal. I plan on starting a new pure mage to take all the way through. I am playing 1.3 and IT so any ideas on masteries for a magic user. I really like AoE spells and Summoning.
03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
He was also reduced in difficulty for normal, so I am told.
There are some builds for different classes there.
03-09-2007, 03:21 PM
I never played your class but what I learned playing an Illusionist I think will apply to you.
1) give it a shot and see what happens
2) prepare ahead on resists that boss uses so you don't die
3) plan a way to deal damage (something illusionist has trouble...)
4) put the rest into other useful skills (defense etc)
5) always find synergy (two skills both making eachother better eg study prey blade honing)
6) get a weapon that slows them and other miscellaneous tricks (kite etc..)
7) might take 2-3 tries to get used to dodging the offense
If you get abused by typhon
1) change strategy find a better balance between 3, 4 and 5 above
2) fight monsters in an area where you think you a) won't die! b) can find monsters without too much looking c) have fun d) might find treasure
3) number 2 will make you gain levels and find new gear :headbang: now with the odds in your favor maybe you can win!!
Edit: adjusting gear can also be a key. Remember to find synergy here to. You do fire damage then a fire sword is better than an ice sword!
03-09-2007, 03:48 PM
My first char is a battlemage, and so he was the first one I beat Typhon with. You're probably going to have some trouble with damage intake, your a little too much of a glass cannon. It's going to be a long...drawn out battle.
essentially run in and begin running circels around the fat ol guy. Once he does his fire breath, run in and get a few whacks, as soon as he puts his hands in the air run back and start circling. Wait for breath, then run in and whack 2 or 3 times. Rinse and repeat.
Luckily you should have enough damage to hurt him, it'll just take awhile. I reccomend some stone form in case you accidentaly get caught with a rock about to drop on you, or his breath starts hitting you. Just be patient. If it gets too heavy, run to stairs, take a breather, and run back in.
03-09-2007, 03:55 PM
I am already having trouble staying alive and I havnt quite reached him yet. I have a totally broken build I think. What ratio of str to dex should I have. What about health and energy
03-09-2007, 03:59 PM
use stone form liberally, like every time it cools down. Get some spectral matter to offset the energy cost.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.