PDA

View Full Version : Monster Lure & TrailBlazing Fixed?

PyroDrew
03-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Have these skills been fixed to work properly in IT or are they still both bugged?

Before:
Monster Lure - Aggro didn't/rarely worked;
TrailBlazing - Energy Cost was applied to all allies (no energy wolves in normal)

Infares
03-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Provoke is supposed to be fixed now, haven't tested a Ranger in 1.30 or IT1.1 yet though.

moongoose
03-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Has some allready tested this? Is provoke still bugged or working like before 1.2 for Core Dweller and Monster Lure?

Tigerpaw4000
03-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Hello all...first time poster. :)

Monster Lure seems to work properly now. That's the one skill that's keeping my Sage alive, or at least makes dealing with mobs a whole lot easier (stopped using her much in the previous patch that bugged it). While I don't have the skill maxxed, some of the critters in Act IV can destroy the decoy pretty quickly, at least on Epic diff.

I don't know about the Core Dweller, but I'd suspect it's working ok as well. At least IT gives more control over pet behaviour too.

South of Heaven
03-11-2007, 12:57 PM
What was bugged about Trail Blazing?

Infares
03-11-2007, 10:28 PM
What was bugged about Trail Blazing?

Pets would also pay the reserve on it when you had it activated. This didn't apply to Art of the Hunt or any other auras, just Trail Blazing.

In 1.20 normal mode Wolves with Trail Blazing don't have enough mana to use any attacks.

Koz
03-12-2007, 11:55 AM
The Core Dwellers "Provoke" ability is still not working, it functions just as it did in 2.0 (which is to say, it dosen't).

I just played my Elementalist for a few hours and it was the same as in 2.0, the Core Dweller draws the monsters attention at first (but so does a lich or a wolf), but then, as soon as I make an attack, the monsters come charging after me relentlessly. And I mean relentlessly, as in, even if I turn into Stone, the monsters keep hammering on me while my Core Dweller punches them in the back. Totaly lame. I can't believe this has not been fixed (or, if they don't want to fix it, remove the ability icon from the Core Dweller at least).

Koz

Kardiophylax
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
My sage has trailblazing maxed and it is not putting any drain on my wisp's energy. Hope that info helps you.

SancticuS
03-12-2007, 01:16 PM
That's strange. I have no problem what so ever with my Core Dweller's provoke skill. After I installed IT and updated it, it works alot better than the
original TQ. The mob gangs up on him and I get to do the backstabbing. No monsters hammering me relentlessly even if I attack them. Only some of the bosses come after me if I'm dumb enough to stick my head upfront first.

Infares
03-12-2007, 08:16 PM
My sage has trailblazing maxed and it is not putting any drain on my wisp's energy. Hope that info helps you.

In normal?

Wisp does have a really high amount of Energy compared to wolves initially however, but hell yeah let's hope it's fixed. :rockon:

moongoose
03-13-2007, 02:52 AM
That's strange. I have no problem what so ever with my Core Dweller's provoke skill. After I installed IT and updated it, it works alot better than the
original TQ.

What do you mean with updating IT, the patch 1.3 is only for classic TQ, isn't it?

SancticuS
03-13-2007, 06:19 AM
I just meant that after I installed TQ and IT I just hit the "updates" button in the IT start menu and updated that way. So no special IT patch just the regular one yes.

Koz
03-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Don't be ignorant

http://www.titanquest.net/forums/patch-1-30-issues/13234-patch-1-3-questions.html

~V~ says they fixed it. I haven't tried it out yet, but I would imagine it is fixed.

Lol, wow, way to overreact. I didn't mean that they wouldn't fix it cause they were lazy or something but because they thought it was too powerful. And you "would imagine it is fixed"? That's nice. Like I posted, I actually played with my Core Dweller for a few hours, and it works exactly the same as it did in 2.0. The Core Dweller draws aggro, then I cast a spell and everything comes running after me (even if its a small spell like Squall). If you don't believe me I can record a video for you.

Koz

SancticuS
03-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Don't cast spells then :D Hehehehe...problem solved.

sadyc
03-13-2007, 12:38 PM
even if I turn into Stone, the monsters keep hammering on me while my Core Dweller punches them in the back. Totaly lame. I can't believe this has not been fixed (or, if they don't want to fix it, remove the ability icon from the Core Dweller at least).
I've also noticed this.

--sadyc

Whisk33
03-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Lol, wow, way to overreact. I didn't mean that they wouldn't fix it cause they were lazy or something but because they thought it was too powerful. Koz

My bad. I thought it was another sucker punch at the Devs, I have corrected my post accordingly.

I'll have to try out my CD and ML... I think it has something to do with the increased AI that was given to the mobs in the 1.20 patch. It give Priority to the archers and spell casters. they wanted to mimc the human player. But it just isn't right IMO. I think everyone who can should be attacking the CD for the most part... ML is the same thing. I'll use my ranger and see what I can get.

asdf1234
04-09-2007, 01:27 AM
Monster Lure is keeping my Ranger from being mobbed by legendary monsters most of the time. Run in, cast it, run out and then the mob will target it. Don't hit anyone (including damage buff) before ML's provoke triggers. If you hit any monster before that, they will continue to chase you and ignore ML.

It is ok if your pets hits them while casting ML, command your pets to get out and the monsters will still be lured.

I am using Monster Lure as a (pre-battle) War Horn. Somehow, ML doesn't seems to work on monsters that appears from the ground.

The Rock-man
04-09-2007, 09:16 AM
CD works fine for me Warning when using him you must put him on normal behavior for him to start using provoke, after he casted/used it you can change the behavior to one of the other types.

Note you want CD to hit the mobs or be hit by mobs 1ce before you attack