PDA

View Full Version : Three Sisters

CycloneJack
03-08-2007, 10:01 AM
OMG these ladies were tough. Running my L56 (petless) Spellbreaker and these ladies could just snap their fingers and drop me. It took me a death or two to figure they were using vitality damage, of which I had no resistance to. Luckily I had 2/5 of the 'Resist Vitality' Charm (20%) which I placed into a generic ring and was just enough to keep me alive. I have 165 HP/Regen (but it was knocked down to about 130 HP/Regen since I had to replace one of my Rings of Gaia), and I heard the 'warning' a number of times. I used exactly 55 potions to beat them (because I ran out). I even tried summoning a Behemoth, which lasted about 3 seconds. What did help, though, was the Frenzy scroll. The movement and pierce damage was helpful in taking down one of the sisters quickly.

Just watch out when they toss the eye around like a hot pocket and start getting three and four red storms up. Turns into a damn mini-game at that point. :p

For me, I think this was one of the toughest battles, due to lack of vitality resistance. (The toughest was the (L) Demon Bull that would just randomly kill me, I ended up using a crappy bow to kill it)

Cyclone Jack

Helios
03-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Are you in Epic mode? I'm only in normal mode now.

I have a level 45 Corsair with a maxed out envenom weapon tree, and all the shield attacks maxed out. Plus I have a +3 on all my skills due to items I have equipped. I didn't have a problem with them. In fact they went down in 30 seconds flat.

I find it interesting that different characters at different levels have trouble or no trouble with certain bosses.

Helios
03-08-2007, 11:47 AM
For me, I think this was one of the toughest battles, due to lack of vitality resistance.

Cyclone Jack

Now it makes sense. My vitality resistance is way high.

Xargon
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Well, on legendary the sister with the eye could kill my conjurer with one hit, either from a bolt or a red storm; the other two sisters were not that dangerous - two or three of their bolts would kill me if I did not drink a potion. So the key to defeating them was avoiding getting hit by the sister with the eye and trying to get her to target one of my pets (core dweller and lich king). Once I knew what I had to do, it was quite manageable; actually, charon and cerberus were about on the same level because they could kill me with one hit from their big area attacks...

Zaishi
03-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Are you in Epic mode? I'm only in normal mode now.

I have a level 45 Corsair with a maxed out envenom weapon tree, and all the shield attacks maxed out. Plus I have a +3 on all my skills due to items I have equipped. I didn't have a problem with them. In fact they went down in 30 seconds flat.

I find it interesting that different characters at different levels have trouble or no trouble with certain bosses.

That's because you're way the hell over leveled (and equipped) for that part of the game. I was level 30 when I got to them on normal. Definitely a challenge, but the trick is to take out the ones that aren't holding the eye first, they seem to go down faster.

Arbedark
03-08-2007, 06:38 PM
That's because you're way the hell over leveled (and equipped) for that part of the game. I was level 30 when I got to them on normal. Definitely a challenge, but the trick is to take out the ones that aren't holding the eye first, they seem to go down faster.

They went down slow?

I breezed through them at level 31 with a Juggernaut without any decent gear at all at this time. I don't think I even drank a potion, and I know I didn't have ANY vitality resistance at all. Can't wait to try them on Epic now if you guys are saying they were a challenge :rockon:

CycloneJack
03-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Are you in Epic mode?

Legendary. I'm a petless Spellbreaker that literally relies on %Dam Converted to Health. My HP bar is all over the place and I use Doom Horn and Fear as tools to keep me alive. It's a very fun build, but not for the feint of heart :happy:

Sadly, I have a lot of Legendary gear, which doesn't leave much room for Secondary Resistances. :(

Cyclone Jack

Ganymed
03-09-2007, 02:16 AM
I finished yesterday the normal mode, in normal mode the sisters were no problem for my storm/dream char.
But earlier I tried with my imported conjurer (earth/spirit, lev 55) to take them down in legendary - no chance.

I think the problem is, that the imported chars (beside the freaks which leveled up to 65 with thousands of boss runs) are now missing the levels new chars would get playing act 1 - 4 through with a new char.

Due to the improved difficulty even in normal these additional levels are required, I presume there are 8-10 in normal, maybe 5-7 in epic and 2-3 in legendary (due to slower progress in higher levels) you can get in IT. these are a lot of mastery points. with an imported char they are missing and the chars are too weak to beat legendary (the sisters for example) IT with the imporoved difficulty.

Xargon
03-09-2007, 06:09 AM
I don't think it will make a big difference... I started at lvl56, so I must've been 56 or 57 when I got to the sisters. A few levels more will not get your hp high enough to make a difference, only increasing your resistances with items could help (after finding out what kind of damage the three sisters inflict). But it's not at all impossible to avoid getting hit by the sister with the eye (and avoid getting hit too much by the other ones, but they should not be able to kill you with one hit). Actually, I think avoiding Charon's and Cerberus' attacks is harder (and can be impossible) if they target you and use some of their special area attacks.

Ganymed
03-09-2007, 07:08 AM
thats why I am afraid that for many players "legendary" will mean "impossible" (if they reach it) without uber-gear, which 99% of the "normal" gamers wont have due to the bad drop rates.

all the new bosses with one-hit-kill shall at least allow that they keep the damage inflicted if you die (like Typhon in original TQ). otherwise it becomes far too frustrating.

Xargon
03-09-2007, 07:33 AM
Hm, do they really regenerate if you die? The three sisters do, but if you kill one, it will be dead and not come back; similarly, if a boss is in his second form, he'll stay that way. But I also thought that Cerberus, for instance, did not regenerate.

With a caster, even very good equipment will not help you survive for long if a boss hits you (except perhaps if you have a full set of resistance against that boss), I think, so I don't really see the big gap here between players with really good equipment and players with standard equipment. Can't speak for melee though, don't have a melee char yet... might be a different story there.

Ganymed
03-09-2007, 07:54 AM
I agree that in boss fights often good gear does not protect from dying.

But this is generally a difficult question - how item/mastery-balanced shall this game be to make it playable for normal gamers and extreme gamers? Finally - item collecting and gear management is what this game is finally all about.
If your success is too much depending on good items, casual players feel frustrated, on the other hand, if its too much depending on char statistics there is no motivation for collecting really good items.

I think in its actual state TQ/IT is a good mix of both worlds.
I also prefer casters in my actual playing sessions, melee feels too frustrating for me. but you cant completely avoid melee due to these ultra-fast monsters you cant keep on distance or fights in very small areas (like the sisters). so I build in my actual storm/dream char a caster with some melee abilities to strike on monsters which come too close.

I am curious myself how it works in "epic"

Helios
03-09-2007, 02:28 PM

Yeah I am way overleveled. I knew that when I started playing and I was knocking monster into the next map region. However I haven't completed TQ in Epic yet. So I can't go to Epic TQIT right. I don't know. I didn't even try.

I'm towards the end of TQIT in normal mode now. I find the monsters to be much more around my level now.

.H.
03-10-2007, 12:56 AM
In Legendary my 108% vitality resistance didn't keep me from getting owned by those three. In the end, i relied on my pets and a scroll to get me through. When i would come in to melee with them, i'd pretty much get ruined, even with my fairly high % damage to life...