PDA

View Full Version : About Melee / Casters...

Matto
03-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Hi ,

I'm an old TQ player, and i'm hesitating to buy IT xpac.

Why ? Because i played with 2 chars : A conqueror and a conjurer...

It was like choosing between hard mode (tanking in legendary was a pain in the ***) and easy mode (overpowered pets, ternion attack...) and i was a little disgusted by this difference in power (especially for bosses runs...) and was a little bored with my conjurer.

Did the devs balanced this since ? (viable tanking by boosting items armor value or reducing some melee damage from monsters in legendary and decreasing casters overpowered spells....)

Well , are now melee chars fun to play or is it still frustrating ? (well my post is about legendary mode of course).

ps : just in case, i'm planning to make a templar, or paladin melee builds.

The Rock-man
03-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Well Templar should be a very good tank. Why theres lots of nice dream skills for crowd control, also theres ToC gives 24/7 damage abs and Regen. IMO conqueror is/was the worse tanking build out there, at lest when BS or CF weren't up.

Poinas
03-08-2007, 10:22 AM
What version did you play? Ternion was nerfed and melee characters boosted in 1.20.

Matto
03-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Well it was before 1.20 , 1.11 or 1.15 (according to patch history).

Infares
03-08-2007, 01:13 PM
You should be good to go, melee kicks *** now. I wouldn't trade my Brigand for anything.

Except maybe a night with Christina Ricci :shifty:

Matto
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Mhhh i patched my game to 1.30 , and tried a typhoon run with my 2 chars (i keeped them in mydocs savegame) , same routine , maybe harder :s

Still easy with my conjurer (core dweller + lich + outsider = 20sec typhoon and monsters are cheesy) , but i can hardly kill him with my conqueror :confused: (and even monsters before are not easy... :( ) (i'm trying with battle standard + colossus + ancestral horn + rally for elem resistance , but he can kill me in 2-3 normal hits >_< , not speaking of his special attacks. well i die a lot.... i still have the feeling that core dweller tank him better than me >< )

Here's my conqueror's build, maybe did i miss something (or maybe it's my stuff, as i not have good elemental resistances (still in negative) , but some nice epic items ) :

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Conquerer (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Conquerer&master1=5&master2=3&m1=32-0-1-0-6-1-1-0-6-6-6-0-6-0-6-8-6-0-9-8-6-0&m2=32-6-1-8-0-6-6-0-0-5-10-0-0-6-0-6-0-0-0-6-7-0)

TommyD
03-08-2007, 04:47 PM
As far as that build, it might be in your best interests to tone down the amount invested into colossus and hamstring to just one in each of those (gotta love the one-point wonders), and you might even borrow some points from inspiration and then dump them into shield charge/disruption for a nice right click attack.

As for survivability, war horn and battle standard will be your bread and butter beyond any defensive abilities the defense mastery is giving you. And resistances on gear help, especially fire and piercing for most of the game.

Mazuli
03-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Melee still sucks, but so do pets. Now everyone sucks about equally. :)

The Rock-man
03-09-2007, 04:36 AM
On your Conq:
Drop hamstring completely it useless for a m&#234;l&#233;e char, same for crushing blow, due to the fact that it has so small a chance of activating.
You should have 1 point in shield charge and maxed disruption this is your anti boss power, 4 secs without getting spells casted at you, and its +move is useful for getting to archers before getting turned into a pincushion.
Max Defiance as this is your resist booster for fighting nasty bossess read Typhon etc.
Also recommend getting batter + rend armour as this is for a shield conq your standard right mouse button skill, for dealing with a group of mini mobs.

IMO dream/defense is far better than warfare/defense, also spirit/dream or defence is surprisingly good at tanking.

And yes Spirit pets are very powerful, try it with out lich king (the real cheese pet imo good tanking good damage and debuffs (is there nothing this guy cant do?)) or outsider (the big damage dealer.)