PDA

View Full Version : Albino Spider Queen

Ganymed
03-08-2007, 07:39 AM
hello,

in my first run on normal with my new dream/storm char I got in a cave in Hades with little white spiders... look not dangerous, but they are actually...

if there are more of them, they "connect" to each other with red rays and fire at you. I am not sure what it is but it makes enormous damage.
at the end of the cave there is the spider queen (seems to be a normal "hero moster"). with level 31 I got killed three times trying to attack that thing.
she can summon other spiders, stun you with some type of web and fire these red rays. means death at once.
I gave up finally and left the cave (seems to belong to a side quest).

what type of damage is that? (bleeding?). how did you kill that spider?

best regards

wranko
03-08-2007, 09:05 AM
That Spider Queen was impossible for me too. I was trying her on epic with my lvl 53 Soothsayer she was able to destroy my outsider and 2 wolves (not fully skilled out) within 10 seconds and then 2 shot me. I did manage to kill her in the end but only after about 10 deaths.

I worked out that you can stop the little spiders connecting and shooting rays by killing half of them. I think she spawns 6, but when I killed 3 of them the other three stopped connecting and raying. Then you just keep the other 3 alive so that she doens't spawn a new set. Their slower than the queen so just keep moving to keep them out of the firing line.

As for the queen I don't actually know how to kill her properly. She's too quick to kite, impossible to stand up against, well for me atleast as she would crit in the 2000's every second and stun. I'm guessing you'd need some heavy resist gear. Im not sure how a melee char fairs against her.

In the end I just had to exploit the aggro range to kill her, running in and out of it to complete the side quest.

rafaman
03-08-2007, 10:14 AM
She killed my 42 Lvl Melee focused Magician 2 times in normal difficulty... then I put a volcano on the ground, summoned a cyclop and I manage to kill her in less than 10 seconds...

ah! of course i used a 78% stun resistance charm...this is the trick.

Xargon
03-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Most important thing for me was to avoid that web attack of hers (and avoid some of my pets getting hit by it while being close to me as it seems to have aoe stun or at least prevent movement). The little spiders go down quickly with some aoe damage, and eventually the big spider will die too. But she was one of the hardest "mini-bosses" for me as well.

WNxDeathbane
03-08-2007, 05:53 PM
the spiders are funny :p
URL spiders that link eachother ftw!
Just "disconnect" them all and give em a leet 404 error ! huzzah!

Zaishi
03-08-2007, 07:27 PM
I think if you kill the middle spider it will break the link.

I don't really know what kind of attacks or damage they do though, I killed everything in the room in like 1.5 seconds with a bow ranger.

Equisilus
03-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah, range is all well and good, but my Templar in melee gets smashed by her on Normal within moments. I'm going to try switching to my secondary bow, but that'll take a looooong time to bring her down.

mbiesheuvel
03-19-2007, 06:06 AM
I was a lvl 39 champion in normal when I got there. This was the hardest boss I've played in TQ and IT. She is way much stronger then hades and typhone himself!

I died 5 times or so before killing here and I've used 2 cyclops and a lot of health potions.

Batman
03-19-2007, 06:08 AM
I found stun to be the key with her. Keep her stunned and she can't respond. Also, there is a scroll that does a whole bunch of Lightning damage, including stun, get one of those and go for it.

Prellius
03-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Heh, she was really tough but I've killed her with my L-36 Conqueror after 3 deaths. I can give you strat only what worked for me so far;

Attack her and run immediately backwards (to the small bridge near healing shrine). She will catch you a-few times on the way though because she is very fast but you can also avoid from web splits (green colour) by running zigzag. Use warhorn + healing pots with good timing and run again after web is down. Now you will arrive to the bridge, she will NOT PASS the bridge instead, she will run back to spawn point. At this point, you can make "bridge dance" with her :twisted:

Hit - heal - warhorn - run a-few steps back to the bridge. Rinse-repeat and she is dead ;) She drops a quest item (mirror) and linked to another quest. Next step is saving some guy from a horde I think. I will start it tonight.

PS: I think their red coloured linked damage is electricity which I don't know how to counter. But I don't mind, her melee damage is huuuge, not the red thingy.

greatcthulhu
03-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Bah! Try the Haruspex--kill her before she gets any where close to you. level 33--no deaths.

Also, run speed helps a lot, my level 35 Juggernaut ran circles around her and after she committed to an attack, ran in and attacked than backed off and did it again. 0 deaths.

Matto
03-19-2007, 01:20 PM
This boss was difficult in normal mode for sure (died 2-3 times) , however i killed her without problems in Epic (i'm not there in legendary atm) with my Templar.
Regen + Stun + Petrify = Winner combo.

And i'm wondering about these red connecting rays, strange ability :o

Evil666
03-19-2007, 02:40 PM
I think the red rays are Vitality dmgs. Hades use a kind of red rays too. With a good Vitality resistance, you're find.

Krazikarl
03-19-2007, 02:44 PM
The general rule is that if its red and it hurts, its vitality damage.

Get good vitality resists (which is always a good idea for act 4 and easy to do: get a demon's blood charm, socket it some decent ring you can get at a trader, and put it on when you fight certain bosses). Hit and run if you are melee (you had better have some kind of stun/petrify). Its really a pretty standard boss fight.

Bamjam
03-19-2007, 03:35 PM
lol what r u guys talking about??
i killed her in 5 sec with my assasin, warwinded the little spiders and she couldnt touch me..
im invincible. rofl

Dr. Durden
03-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Where is this spider queen, who should be harder than hades and typhon(not true)??
I completed all side quests, but don't recall any evil spider queen??

BoRuck
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
She's in a cave where you will find the mirror in a sidequest. My first death.rar
Kill a little bugger or two so you'll severe the red link dun attempt to kill em all for she'll spawn another brood.

Mivo
03-22-2007, 06:06 AM
My Guardian didn't have a problem with her in normal, but my Ritualist with the near-to-useless pets in normal just bit the dust three times there. No chance at all, so I guess I'll skip that quest (was there anything besides xp?) or do it much later. Same character didn't have trouble with Typhon. Ah, well. What a frustrating quest.

alphasmart
03-22-2007, 07:54 AM
You should look for ways of using attacks that either stun or disrupt and are area-of-effect. VO and chain lightning work well, as I imagine does thunderball and eruption.

Equisilus
03-22-2007, 06:49 PM
I now have super resistances against almost anything, 169% on Stun alone, but I realized that the biggest problem with her is that web cast she tosses. I don't think Stun resistance has anything to do with that, unfortunately. Maybe my new bleeding/vitality resistances will compensate enough....

I just don't know if I want to bother trying again. I'm heading on to the finale now, but maybe, just maybe, I'll take a swing back sometime and see what I can do.

bug
03-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I now have super resistances against almost anything, 169% on Stun alone, but I realized that the biggest problem with her is that web cast she tosses. I don't think Stun resistance has anything to do with that, unfortunately. Maybe my new bleeding/vitality resistances will compensate enough....

I just don't know if I want to bother trying again. I'm heading on to the finale now, but maybe, just maybe, I'll take a swing back sometime and see what I can do.

Yup, I figured reduced entrapment should do the trick. Fortunately, running away in zig-zag also works.

Equisilus
03-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Yup, I figured reduced entrapment should do the trick. Fortunately, running away in zig-zag also works.

Except that one time...one time...when you're caught, then you're a toasty little hero full of holes leaking red stuff. :shifty:

bug
03-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Except that one time...one time...when you're caught, then you're a toasty little hero full of holes leaking red stuff. :shifty:

You can still chug potions and hope for the best! :pray:

Equisilus
03-23-2007, 09:19 PM
You can still chug potions and hope for the best! :pray:

Done that! Plenty! ;)

Finally finished Normal with my Templar and after making sure I finished Hades Treasury, I think I'm leaving this one alone. They may rebalance it in a patch or I may come back some time when I'm so overpoweringly strong that she can't take me down. I'm having far more fun playing new characters than worrying over a single quest, so I think I'll let this one go and start on a new one. :nerd:

CheeseThief
03-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Met her with my Templar in normal and didn't have any problems. Only avarage gear but a few whacks latter and the overgrown spider was dead.

Phantom Strike in for some opening damage and batter the cruddy little spiders when they spawn. Didn't even need to drink a potion.

Equisilus
03-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Sorry, don't use Phantom Strike with this build. This one relies on Psionic Touch and Sands of Sleep with the Trance of Empathy and Lucid Dream. I make sure my characters don't all turn out the same by mixing up the skills they rely upon. I'll use other skill branches in a future character, and I never respec.

Equisilus
04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Wow, having just gone by her with my Haruspex, I have to say that range and immunity to entaglement are your best friends. I barely used a potion fighting her this time and was able to complete the quest without a hitch. That's a huge difference from my Templar who could barely scratch her without dying.

Aelfgeft
04-03-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm a Ranger and she killed me in normal 8 or 10 times. I was about to give up, and decided to spend some hard-earned cash on scrolls. The cyclops did jack, as did the frenzy. Then I found the key. THat Scroll of the Sky's Rage kept her immobile long enough for me to pound on her with my bow and my wolves that by the time she got to me and froze me (which always meant death) she was low enough that I just kept going and killed her while I was still at half life. Sky's Rage for the win!

BoRuck
04-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Im gonna try that scroll. yeah

hedgewitch
04-09-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that had trouble with this monster from Hell--I took my previously invincible Brigand in there and died so many times I probably forfieted a level.... GRRR@#$&%$!! etc. However, I went back last thing before killing Hades and managed to kill her through a combination of tactics(before I read this thread), so my advice is level up a bit and avoid the unnecessary xp dump.

And you all are so right-- that Sky's Rage is the ultimate last resort scroll- I've used it on Typhon and the 1 Hit Neanderthal and it makes all the difference in the world.

Also avoid the webs, because nobody can swill down 2000 hp worth of potions in time while the cooldown clock is running. ;)

mbchudno
04-09-2007, 06:18 PM
stun is definitely the answer. my guardian did not even notice that it was a boss. her spiders died from first shield charge/bash combo and then she never came out of stun by the time she died. most mini bosses are like that with stun defense builds though so its not exactly a indication of her difficulty. at least on normal.

makexxwar
05-16-2010, 01:09 PM
I was having problems too with this boss on normal, but i found that the majotr damage isnt coming from the queen. As long as you kill the little white spiders as soon as they appear, then she seems to be no stronger than any other mini boss in hades. If you're melee like i am, just keep popping potions and killing those white spiders. Also im fairly certain its vitality damage. I have really high resistances on everything else and that red lightning almost one hits me. My elemental resistances are all about 50, so i doubt its electric. You can always search for demons blood if you're really having trouble.