PDA

View Full Version : what kind of damage is that?

zahn
03-08-2007, 07:07 AM
scenario: little assasin runs through hades "palace", enjoys the dark atmosphere
and has a good, funny time killing easy mobs here and there. and out of nowhere comes a strange noise, a wave of light and *bäm* instant death. wth?

so, short question....what kind of damage make these "Gigantes - Dactyl" ?

for your amusement i added a picture

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6865/screenshot01vo9.th.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot01vo9.jpg)

Mindless
03-08-2007, 07:29 AM
What kind of damage? Frankly, I don't know myself.

These guys are tougher than Hades himself. I've died more to these than to him. On my Conqueror (maxed resists, 6500+ HP) they take down about half in one hit. I've been quite successful in summoning my ancestral warriors and doing rally then charge in and focus on the Dactyl.

I think these are way too powerful. Their normal attacks don't hurt too much, but the problem with them is that they pretty much spam that wave or whatever that pretty much kills you instantly. Then they have some war horn-like attack that also hurts alot.

Bottom line is, they are way too powerful.

MR2_Pilot
03-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Yeah that blast is nasty! My lvl 65 Conqueror is buffed out really well with resists and armor, and that blast took off 400 Energy and 200 Health instantly.

rafaman
03-08-2007, 09:54 AM
only 200 health???

why are you guys crying?

yoman
03-08-2007, 09:57 AM
hm maybe they increase a lot on legendary , i just finished epic with a lvl52/53 Battlemage focused on DW and had no problems whatsoever with those things.

Stonebinders Cuffs ftw , before i had them, even epic was a pain in the a.s for me.

zahn
03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
uhm, i dont cry about 200 hp, i dont cry about 4600 hp..the only thing i want to know is -what kind of dmg is that- because resistance is the key

Darth Executor
03-08-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm guessing vitality, but I don't know for sure.

Xargon
03-08-2007, 03:41 PM
yeah, it's great seeing I'm not the only one having problems with these guys... actually, even if they kill my conjurer in one hit, and down the pets in about no time, I kind of like the challenge - however, there are some places where they are plain tedious: particularly after the night's mistress, just past that narrow stairs... no room to the sides, and they won't pass through the door. Even projectiles pass through it only occasionally, but so does their wave attack... and after one single death they're back at full health, so I have to be really careful each time one of these things spawns at that point. I increased my resistances quite a lot recently (damage resistance is great against the rest of the gigantes), but I think I'm not gonna let myself get hit by this wave just to see if I survive ;) (got a bit more than 4k hp)
Perhaps there is some 7,5k hp conqueror out there who'd like to try different resistances on these guys...

By the way: they eventually run out of energy... however, it doesn't take that long for them to regain enough energy for a wave.

edit:
bah... the good news: I now survive one of these waves... leaves me about 1100 of 4000 HP. the bad news: these damn dactyls spam these waves, so the next wave hits me while I'm still stunned... (and at least one more would probably hit me as well)
While other creatures do not use their skills as often as they should, the dactyls kind of exaggerate...

edit2:
so, I think it's normal damage, pierce or elemental

Negerove
03-09-2007, 06:00 AM
I think their spell is called DISTORTION WAVE (from dream mastery). It's PSIONIC damage or smth

rafaman
03-09-2007, 08:30 AM
So, if it is so, then you need sleep resistance?

Helios
03-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Stonebinders Cuffs ftw , before i had them, even epic was a pain in the a.s for me.

Stonebinder's Cuffs. Best green item? I recently found a pair. Man is it useful!

BLooDMaN
03-16-2007, 12:21 PM
what kind of damage those Teal Empusa uses?

is spirit or something, but the thing is that one single shot of that and im dead.

how come?

veridia
03-16-2007, 04:29 PM
The last area in the game is supposed to be tough, so I'm not complaining at all.

The Dactyl doesn't even always appear, and unlike Diablo2, you can walk by the last bosses without fighting them and go straight to Hades. (Diablo 2, Baal summoned minions that you had to kill)

The Dactyl seems like a special boss, like Toxeus the Murderer. So that is what I will classify him as.

Impulsand
03-16-2007, 08:43 PM
He's not a special boss.

He doesn't have a name other than type. It doesn't say "Gigantes Hero"

Gigantes are:

Armourites
Vanguard
Vindicator
Dactyl

There IS a dactyl as a hero other than the Warden of Souls, and he's nice an' tough.

pilch
03-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I think their spell is called DISTORTION WAVE (from dream mastery). It's PSIONIC damage or smth

which would mean you have 0 (or even negative) resistance to it, since there are no resists for that kind of damage? sounds plausible.. what a mean thing to do!

regards,
pilch

Kin-Luu
03-16-2007, 10:27 PM
If it IS Distortion Wave, then it is dealing Normal and Electrical Burn dmg. Then Armor, dmg reduction and Lightning resistance should do the job.

But I dont think so. I think it is similar to the Zyclops "Cry of impending Doom". % Life reduction and a mixture of Vitality dmg and another dmg Type.

And btw, 5000 HP is nothing. Are you all playing Glass Cannons? My Templar has 6k now, and I just killed normal Hades.

apocalypse80
03-17-2007, 06:31 AM
My editor doesn't seem to be working very well (I get a template error when trying to open monster skills) , so I just put one in a custom map and gave it a shot.

In short , there will be no resisting of either (circular or straight) of those wave attacks.
I capped every resistance there is , including sleep (a divine artifact gives 100%) and I still get hit for 3k-4k dmg per pop from the straight wave in legendary.
The circular one hits for a lot less , but it's harder to get him to use it.

It also isn't % based , in normal I can stand there all day and let him try , you can't do that to a normal cyclops without a lot of vitality resistance.

In other news , I don't think I've met this thing in the game , but I've only done maybe 40-50 leg Hades runs.

fengyanjin
03-18-2007, 04:02 AM
this skill is called groundbreaker, with amazing Physical +lightning damage~~