PDA

View Full Version : Relics

Terca
03-08-2007, 02:53 AM
Now that the need for relics are even bigger, because of the artifacts.

Maybe we should make a list for everyone with the relics name and the best place to farm them.

Anyone find this interesting? If not just ignore me ;)

yoman
03-08-2007, 02:58 AM
and we'll need a list of ALL Arcane Formulars and their ingredients. so we can have a complete tree for our way to divine artifacts.

Terca
03-08-2007, 03:16 AM
and we'll need a list of ALL Arcane Formulars and their ingredients. so we can have a complete tree for our way to divine artifacts.

Maybe GameBanshee is working on that :)

Spunn
03-08-2007, 04:34 AM
Does anyone happen to know where a good place to farm The Jade Emperor's Serenity relic? I sold all my normal relics when I finished normal, now i need three so i can complete the crystal tear formula. I know it's going to be in asia but I cant seem to find any.

Thanks.

Terca
03-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Does anyone happen to know where a good place to farm The Jade Emperor's Serenity relic? I sold all my normal relics when I finished normal, now i need three so i can complete the crystal tear formula. I know it's going to be in asia but I cant seem to find any.

Thanks.

If there was a list you could easily find out;)

The Rock-man
03-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Well i can say that Relics cant be farmed as such, they just drop anywhere with in an act. So best Chance is just to farm any bit of Act 3 you want for Jade Emperor's Serenity. (Try late china around emperors palace?)

The List is really needed for charms, as these are only drop by a handful of mobs, and its not always clear which.

Darth Executor
03-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Gamebanshee has a list of all the relics and charms. I know where to get pretty much everything, so I'll try to compile a list before I go to school.

EDIT: I'll be updating this list so they're all in one place

Bat Fang - bats. found in act 1 caves (Parnassus has them for sure).
Boar Hide - boars. Ambross Farmlands has the highest concentration of them (it's the place where you get Chiron's quest) but might take time to get to. The area between sparta and Nessus has fewer boars but they're easier to kill and easier to get to.
Demon's Blood - Dropped by those short bald monsters (name escapes me), limos, orthus. Knossos palace has lots of them, and you can always hunt in the cave where you have to find that man's ring (first relic quest in greece). Farming inside Wusao Mountain (do the run between the telkine and the last rebirth fountain) is probably more profitable if you can handle it.
Diseased Plumage - crows. Farm the area between sparta and nessus
Hag's Skin - harpies in egypt. There are some in the area before you enter Giza.
Lupine claw - hyenas. There are some left of Thebes, and a lot of them on your way from thebes to memphis.
Mechanical parts - automatoi, traps. knossos has plenty of both. I recommend you start the run outside the actual palace since there are a lot of automatoi out there.
Peng Claw - Peng. Great wall is packed with them.
Pristine Plumage - greece harpies. Second area out of herakleion has them (past the maenad camp but before you cross the first bridge, it's easier if you flag the res shrine across the bridge as you don't have to go through the maenads to get to the harpies).
Raptor Tooth - raptors. most mid-late act 3 green areas have them.
Rigid Carapace - insects. Farming giza for scarabs is the easiest way as far as I know.
Saber Claw - saber lions. Snowy areas in act 3.
Spectral matter - sand wraiths. Farm giza for them.
Turtle Shell - turtles. Both greece swamps and coast areas have them.
Venom Sac - spiders. Garden where olive tree branch and arachne are is full of them.
Vile Ichor - worms, antlions. Lots of worms in the passage between giza and fayum(sp)
Viny Growth - plants. Gardens of babylon farming is the easiest as far as I can tell..
Yeti fur - yeti. snowy act 3 areas.

Immortal Throne only:

Tortured Soul - First couple of levels of the Tower of Judgement is packed with those poisonous monsters that drop them.
Spiny Shell - crabs, Hades beaches.
Hydradon Skin - Hydradons, Ixian woods, near the waterfall.
Crystal of Erebus - Do the five crystals quest, you can only get one complete charm per difficulty level per character.
Furies' Heartblood - Furies. Can't remember where they can be found (I believe they are around styx and that city with ghosts all over it but I can't be sure).
Albino Spider Web - Albino spiders. Cave of whispers (where you get the mirror of psyche).

Farming Relics:
Telkines are your best bet. I haven't done much testing in Hades but I'd assume Charon works too. On my last Typhon run he dropped 4-5 asian relics (in IT), so I'm thinking he may be a faster way to get asian relics than the telkine.

For those that are curious, here are the new relics (ones that I found anyway)

Chill of tartarus - adds cold damage (not %) and slows down enemies. For weapons.
Persephone's Tear - Adds a large ammount of reduction to damage from undead (not %). For jewellery
Iron Will of Ajax - adds stun resistance and a small % health increase. For armor
Cunning of Odysseus - % intelligence. Headgear only.
Shade of Hector - Defense and dodge missiles. Shields only.
Thanatos' Blade - small % of total damage. weapons.
Rage of Ares - Small % chance to do a lot of damage and skill disruption. For bracelets.
If I missed something, let me know.

yoman
03-08-2007, 11:05 AM
If I missed something, let me know.

the IT stuff

:p

Darth Executor
03-08-2007, 04:20 PM
the IT stuff

:p

I have 3 IT relics at the bottom of the list. I know I missed one at least and I'll go back in game now and check. I know it's something that drops off furies but I don't remember where furies can be found.

Darth Executor
03-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks.

Farm the asian telkine, he drops a relic for me almost every run (and sometimes as many as 3).

Sacred3
03-09-2007, 07:20 AM
wow, nice list. Might need some farming when it's time to complete the divine formulas.

Terca
03-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks Darth Executor for that good start :)

Whisk33
03-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Cool list.
Two suggestions kinda three
1.Just a reminder. @everyone try and keep your terminology straight. Relics are the 1/3 gray squares. Monster Charms are the 1/5 Medalions. Charms Relics seperate. Not equal.
2. @Darth
If you could Bold the names on the Charms and relics. That way it is easier to read the list.

3. @moderator. Possibly change the name of the Thread to be "Monster Charms and Relics" or possibly Move Darth's post to the top... I guess it is on the first page so it might not really be necessary, same goes with the title but those are my suggestions.
Awesome list Darth :clap: :clap: :clap:

Darth Executor
03-09-2007, 04:44 PM
2. @Darth
If you could Bold the names on the Charms and relics. That way it is easier to read the list.

Done.

Shadow_azzazen
03-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I am quit shure that rage of ares is bracers only.

Darth Executor
03-09-2007, 05:11 PM
I am quit shure that rage of ares is bracers only.

Double checked and you're right. Updated.

JaqTaar
03-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Viny Growth - plants. Gardens of babylon farming is the easiest as far as I can tell...

The swamp north-east of the Jade Palace portal has many plants as well. I'm not sure if there are as many as in the Gardens, but there are fewer (potentially distracting) non-plant monsters.

clive
03-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Anyone know where Guan yu's relic drops, im guessing off something in act 3..

The Rock-man
03-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Relics just drop anywhere in there act as far as i know.

Xargon
03-10-2007, 11:02 AM
They drop in later acts as well, but I guess the chances for that are a bit lower

The Rock-man
03-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Xargon they dont. (Ever got a Greek relic in Egypt or in China?)

Xargon
03-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Yes, got quite a few greek relics in egypt, and I think I also found some in act 4 (have not been to China a lot, so I cannot really say anything about that)

And btw, this is from the 1.20 patch notes:
- Relic drops are no longer exclusively region specific and some can now be found in other acts

Darth Executor
03-10-2007, 01:33 PM
In IT it seems to me that farming typhon is the best source of act 3 relics. If Olympus is too hard try the act 3 telkine.

Batman
03-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Yes, got quite a few greek relics in egypt, and I think I also found some in act 4 (have not been to China a lot, so I cannot really say anything about that)

And btw, this is from the 1.20 patch notes:
- Relic drops are no longer exclusively region specific and some can now be found in other acts

I have to agree.

The Rock-man
03-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh missed that patch note

Spunn
03-10-2007, 10:41 PM
In IT it seems to me that farming typhon is the best source of act 3 relics. If Olympus is too hard try the act 3 telkine.

Thanks all for the help, I was able to get all 3 relics I needed by farming Typhon (took about 12-15 runs)